- Manchester City thrash Hull to reach League Cup semifinals Updated: Dec-01-15 5:21 pm
LONDON - Manchester City thrashed Hull 4-1 and advanced to the League Cup semifinals on Tuesday, while Everton and Stoke also progressed with victories against second-tier opposition.
- Atletico wins 2-1 at third-tier Reus in Copa del R Updated: Dec-01-15 5:07 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Atletico Madrid fought back for a 2-1 win at third-division side Reus in their opening match of the Copa del Rey on Tuesday.
- Benzema will respond on national news to growing criticism Updated: Dec-01-15 4:17 pm
PARIS - Facing increasing pressure in the wake of a blackmail scandal that is tarnishing his name, France striker Karim Benzema has finally decided to speak out.
- Angers holds French league leader PSG to 0-0 Updated: Dec-01-15 4:03 pm
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain dropped points in the French league for only the third time this season after being held at newly promoted Angers to an entertaining 0-0 draw on Tuesday.
- FIFA sponsors demand 'independent oversight' of reforms Updated: Dec-01-15 3:26 pm
LONDON - Five World Cup sponsors have written to FIFA's executive committee demanding "independent oversight" of the reform process in their latest intervention that highlights concerns about their links to soccer's scandal-battered governing body.
- Venezuela coach offers to quit if it helps players' dispute Updated: Dec-01-15 2:55 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela coach Noel Sanvicente has offered to step down if it helps the national soccer team's dispute with their federation.
- Real Madrid adds defender Carvajal to injured list Updated: Dec-01-15 2:04 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid's already undermanned defense took another hit after scans showed Dani Carvajal has a left thigh muscle injury.
- Delneri hired to replace Mandorlini at winless Verona Updated: Dec-01-15 7:20 am
VERONA, Italy - Luigi Delneri has been hired to replace Andrea Mandorlini as Hellas Verona coach.
- Manchester City gets $400M Chinese investment deal Updated: Dec-01-15 4:44 am
LONDON - Manchester City announced Tuesday that a Chinese consortium is investing $400 million to buy 13 percent of the Premier League club's umbrella organization in a deal that values the business at $3 billion.
- Shades of Maradona as Higuain leads Napoli to top of Serie A Updated: Nov-30-15 5:42 pm
ROME - Displaying a form at the San Paolo stadium not witnessed since Diego Maradona's exploits, Gonzalo Higuain scored twice in a 2-1 win over 10-man Inter Milan on Monday to provide a big boost for Napoli's title chances.
- Neymar on Ballon D'Or shortlist alongside Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Nov-30-15 2:23 pm
ZURICH - Neymar made the three-man Ballon D'Or shortlist for the first time on Monday alongside Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi and title holder Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Winless in 14 Serie A matches, Verona fires Mandorlini Updated: Nov-30-15 1:37 pm
VERONA, Italy - Hellas Verona has fired coach Andrea Mandorlini with the club still winless after 14 Serie A matches.
- Valencia says coach Nuno is leaving by mutual agreement Updated: Nov-30-15 1:29 pm
MADRID - Valencia says coach Nuno Espirito Santo is leaving the club by mutual agreement.
- IAAF suspends 3 senior Kenyan track and field officials Updated: Nov-30-15 1:16 pm
LONDON - Three senior Kenyan track and field federation officials were suspended by the IAAF on Monday over accusations they subverted the east African nation's anti-doping system and siphoned money from Nike.
- LA Galaxy's Keane on MLS Best XI for 4th straight year Updated: Nov-30-15 1:08 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles Galaxy forward Robbie Keane has been selected to Major League Soccer's Best XI for the fourth straight year.
- Dyakov's double saves 2-2 draw for Dynamo against Lokomotiv Updated: Nov-30-15 1:07 pm
MOSCOW - A late equalizer thwarted Lokomotiv Moscow in a 2-2 draw with rival Dynamo Moscow on Monday in the Russian Premier League.
- Head of Brazilian federation subject of senate investigation Updated: Nov-30-15 12:19 pm
SAO PAULO - The embattled president of the Brazilian soccer confederation is under investigation for marketing deals with a major carmaker.
- UEFA fines Besiktas, Lokomotiv Moscow for fan behavior Updated: Nov-30-15 11:53 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has fined Besiktas and Lokomotiv Moscow for the behavior of their supporters during a Europa League game.
- Tiago has pin inserted in broken right leg, out 4 months Updated: Nov-30-15 11:50 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid midfielder Tiago Mendes has left the hospital in a wheelchair after having a pin inserted into his broken right tibia and will be sidelined for around four months.
- With leader PSG racing away, fight for 2nd place intensifies Updated: Nov-30-15 11:19 am
PARIS - With unbeaten Paris Saint-Germain 13 points clear at the top and eyeing a 10th straight league win when it plays at Angers on Tuesday, the French title looks increasingly like a one-horse race.
- Panathinaikos docked points, fined over fan violence Updated: Nov-30-15 11:13 am
ATHENS, Greece - Panathinaikos has been docked three points and fined for the fan violence that forced the referee to abort a Greek league match against Olympiakos.
- Crew reach MLS Cup with 2-1 aggregate win over Red Bulls Updated: Nov-29-15 11:51 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - The Columbus Crew's post-game celebrations were subdued. There was no champagne, loud music or boisterous boasts.
- Columbus Crew, Portland Timbers advance to MLS final Updated: Nov-29-15 10:46 pm
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance Updated: Nov-29-15 10:14 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Defender Nat Borchers stepped up for the Portland Timbers with an MLS Cup spot in the line.
- Britain's greats: 16 hours of global sporting glory for UK Updated: Nov-29-15 7:34 pm
LONDON - In a German soccer stadium, Tyson Fury dethroned Wladimir Klitschko, paraded his four heavyweight title belts and serenaded his wife from ringside.