- Jeonbuk, Shanghai SIPG into Asian Champions League quarters Updated: May-24-16 5:02 pm
JEONJU, South Korea - Leonardo scored twice as 2006 winner Jeonbuk Motors secured the first spot in the Asian Champions League quarterfinals with a 2-1 win over Melbourne Victory, and Wu Lei's stoppage-time winner against FC Tokyo helped Shanghai SIPG sneak into the last eight on the away goals rule.
- Ajax hires Peter Bosz as new coach to replace Frank de Boer Updated: May-24-16 4:59 pm
AMSTERDAM - Ajax has signed Peter Bosz as its new coach, replacing Frank de Boer who announced earlier this month he was leaving the club after nearly six years in which he won four Dutch league titles.
- Wax figure of Neymar unveiled by Madame Tussauds Updated: May-24-16 4:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar couldn't help but laugh in amusement after taking a long look at the newly unveiled wax figure of himself.
- Varane to miss Euro 2016 with thigh injury Updated: May-24-16 4:15 pm
PARIS - Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane will miss the Champions League final and the European Championship with France because of a left thigh injury.
- British police: 24-hour alcohol bans in Lens for Euro 2016 Updated: May-24-16 1:53 pm
LONDON - French authorities plan to impose 24-hour alcohol bans in the center of Lens when the city hosts European Championship games and ticketless fans are being urged to stay away from the small northern city, British police said Tuesday.
- Conte: Pirlo and Giovinco paying price for playing in MLS Updated: May-24-16 1:35 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - Andrea Pirlo and Sebastian Giovinco paid the price for choosing to play in Major League Soccer according to Italy coach Antonio Conte, who left the duo out of his preliminary 30-man squad for the European Championship.
- Arsenal received bigger EPL windfall than champion Leicester Updated: May-24-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received the most Premier League prize money last season despite finishing behind champion Leicester.
- Cristiano Ronaldo OK after injury scare in Madrid practice Updated: May-24-16 12:31 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid's training session early after an injury scare on Tuesday, but doctors said the forward is not at risk of missing the Champions League final.
- Liverpool signs goalkeeper Karius from German club Mainz Updated: May-24-16 12:30 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool has signed goalkeeper Loris Karius from German club Mainz for $7 million.
- Nice appoints Lucien Favre as coach after Puel's departure Updated: May-24-16 12:27 pm
NICE, France - Lucien Favre has been appointed as Nice's new coach on Tuesday, a few hours after the Riviera club surprisingly parted ways with Claude Puel.
- As Man U aura fades, Mourinho can make club box office again Updated: May-24-16 11:39 am
LONDON - The stability Alex Ferguson fostered over more than 26 years at Old Trafford has eroded in the three years since his retirement. Manchester United often seems like just any other team, shorn of its aura of superiority and orderly calm while churning through managers.
- Zidane says Atletico is good at more than just defending Updated: May-24-16 11:35 am
MADRID - There's more to Atletico Madrid than just a good defense.
- Zenit hires former Shakhtar coach Lucescu on 2-year contract Updated: May-24-16 10:34 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Zenit St. Petersburg says former Shakhtar Donetsk coach Mircea Lucescu has signed a two-year contract with the Russian club.
- UEFA fines Liverpool, Man United for chants in Europa League Updated: May-24-16 10:07 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has fined Liverpool and Manchester United 20,000 euros ($22,300) each for offensive chants by fans at their Europa League round of 16 matches.
- 23,000 police mobilized to protect Tour de France Updated: May-24-16 8:11 am
PARIS - Cyclists at the Tour de France will be under the watch of an unprecedented force of 23,000 police, including SWAT-like intervention squads, as the government tries to ensure security amid extremist threats.
- Vardy finally getting married - at 4th attempt Updated: May-23-16 6:41 pm
MANCHESTER, England - It seems Jamie Vardy is better at scoring goals than arranging a wedding.
- Cup title gives Barcelona its 27th trophy in last decade Updated: May-23-16 6:35 pm
MADRID - Only by Barcelona's incredibly high standards can winning back-to-back doubles seem like a disappointment.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- FIFA fires finance director Kattner over bonus payments Updated: May-23-16 5:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has fired its finance director of the past 13 years, removing another fixture of the Sepp Blatter presidential era in another round of revelations about irregular million-dollar payments.
- Chile breaks world record for most soccer players in a match Updated: May-23-16 5:17 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile has broken the world record for the most participants in a soccer match.
- Frankfurt beats Nuremberg 1-0 to survive Bundesliga playoff Updated: May-23-16 5:17 pm
NUREMBERG, Germany - Haris Seferovic scored to keep Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga with a 1-0 win at Nuremberg in the second leg of their end-of-season playoff on Monday.
- Louis van Gaal's highs and lows at Man United Updated: May-23-16 4:56 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal's time as Manchester United manager came to an end on Monday after two seasons at the club.
- The Latest: United says Van Gaal's legacy is promoting youth Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on Manchester United (all times local):
- Van Gaal's legacy: Big spending, dull games, accent on youth Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - So, after $375 million in transfers, two seasons of often mind-numbing soccer, one trophy and countless references to his "process" and "philosophy," Louis van Gaal is no longer manager of Manchester United. The English Premier League club announced his departure on Monday evening.
- Suarez expected to make Copa America trip despite injury Updated: May-23-16 3:16 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez is expected to travel to the United States to join Uruguay's national team for the Copa America, though he is likely to miss the start of the tournament because of a hamstring injury.