- Women's World Cup final seen by record 26.7 million in US Updated: Jul-06-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - The United States' win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final was the most viewed soccer game in the history of American television.
- Barcelona signs Arda Turan from Atletico Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona has secured attacking midfielder Arda Turan from fellow Spanish club Atletico Madrid.
- Yemen forfeits World Cup qualifier for ineligible player Updated: Jul-06-15 3:20 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has ordered Yemen to forfeit a World Cup qualifying match for fielding a player who was technically banned.
- After McIlroy soccer mishap, other freak athlete injuries Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 pm
It was playing soccer and not golf that left Rory McIlroy with a ruptured ligament in his right ankle.
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years Updated: Jul-06-15 2:32 pm
GENEVA - The official chosen by FIFA to inspect 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting candidates was banned from soccer for seven years on Monday for breaking ethics rules.
- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin Updated: Jul-06-15 1:46 pm
BERLIN - American forward Bobby Wood has joined Union Berlin from German second division rival 1860 Munich.
- Juventus president: Tevez transfer to Boca nearly complete Updated: Jul-06-15 1:23 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has indicated that Carlos Tevez's expected transfer to Boca Juniors will be completed in "a few days."
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 1:11 pm
GENEVA - Plunged into crisis by a second FIFA bribery scandal in four years, the CONCACAF soccer body wants to pass sweeping new leadership rules to help rebuild.
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup Updated: Jul-06-15 12:57 pm
MOSCOW - Even as Russia prepares to host the 2018 World Cup, football's popularity there is plummeting to record levels.
- Juventus extends Allegri's contract through 2017 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:21 pm
TURIN, Italy - A month after guiding Juventus to an unexpected spot in the Champions League final, coach Massimiliano Allegri has had his contract with Juventus extended through 2017.
- Valencia signs midfielder Bakkali from PSV Updated: Jul-06-15 12:03 pm
VALENCIA, Spain - Valencia says it has signed Belgian midfielder Zakari Bakkali from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.
- Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo joins New York from Juventus Updated: Jul-06-15 11:42 am
NEW YORK - Star midfielder Andrea Pirlo joined Major League Soccer's New York City FC from Juventus on Monday, a little more than a month after winning a fifth consecutive Italian league title.
- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
LONDON - Rory McIlroy was on crutches Monday with an ankle injury from playing soccer, leaving in doubt the prospects of golf's No. 1 player defending his British Open title next week at St. Andrews.
- Fenerbahce signs Nani from Manchester United Updated: Jul-06-15 8:47 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Fenerbahce says it has reached an agreement with Manchester United to sign Portugal winger Luis Nani on a three-year contract.
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes Updated: Jul-06-15 2:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - During their recent run of success, the Portland Timbers have talked about how important it has been to get contributions from everyone on the team.
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes Updated: Jul-06-15 1:44 am
- Atletico Mineiro beats Inter to take Brazilian league lead Updated: Jul-05-15 9:09 pm
SAO PAULO - Striker Maicosuel scored twice in the second half to help Atletico Mineiro defeat 10-man Internacional 3-1 and take the Brazilian league lead on Sunday.
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Nigeria fires Stephen Keshi as coach of national team Updated: Jul-05-15 9:14 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's football federation has fired national coach Stephen Keshi amid charges he applied for a job with the Ivory Coast team.
- Former Leverkusen defender Spahic joins Hamburg Updated: Jul-05-15 8:18 am
- Serbia midfielder Milos Jojic joins Cologne from Dortmund Updated: Jul-05-15 5:50 am
COLOGNE, Germany - Serbia midfielder Milos Jojic has joined Cologne from Bundesliga rival Borussia Dortmund on a deal through June 2019.
- Carlos to manage Delhi team in Indian Super League Updated: Jul-05-15 5:39 am
NEW DELHI - Former Brazil and Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos will manage the Delhi Dynamos for the upcoming edition of the Indian Super League.
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games football match Updated: Jul-05-15 2:36 am
PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea - Pacific Games organizers say Fiji broke the record for the biggest win in international football with a 38-0 victory Sunday over the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0 Updated: Jul-05-15 1:29 am
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake Updated: Jul-05-15 12:44 am
SANDY, Utah - Kaka was sent off in the 45th minute, but 10-man Orlando City held Real Salt Lake scoreless for the second half to earn a 1-1 draw on Saturday night.