- Columbus police warn people to use paintball guns properly Updated: Jun-02-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in Ohio's capital are warning people to use paintball guns only as intended in safe spaces after a series of related crimes damaged homes and left a bicyclist partially blind.
- New Godzilla video game steers clear of nuclear references Updated: Jun-01-15 7:34 am
TOKYO - Godzillas galore, including last year's Hollywood version, stomp on buildings, thrashing about and breathing fire, in a video game going on sale globally mid-July. But don't expect any references to radiation, the mutant reptile's trademark affliction.
- World Series of Poker braces for thousands of players Updated: May-29-15 7:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - From playing Tuesday night poker matches in a garage with a $20 buy-in to being one among thousands hunched over green-felt tables shuffling stacks of poker chips everyone wishes will grow, 54-year-old Nick Luis Damico was one of likely many World Series of Poker first-timers navigating the annual championship Friday in Las Vegas.
- Nevada casinos win more in April, $897.9 million total Updated: May-29-15 4:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Those flashy, blinky, button-filled boxes that fill casino floors are largely why Nevada can happily count its winnings from April.
- 5 Minnesota youngsters in Scripps National Spelling Bee Updated: May-29-15 7:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Five Minnesota youngsters participated in the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- Toughest words aren't tough enough for 2 spelling bee champs Updated: May-29-15 4:31 am
OXON HILL, Maryland - For the second straight year, the Scripps National Spelling Bee ended with co-champions each holding onto one side of the golden trophy while they were showered with confetti.
- Memorable words from National Spelling Bee semifinals Updated: May-28-15 4:05 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Memorable words and definitions from the semifinals of the 88th Scripps National Spelling Bee:
- EA Sports is adding the women's game to FIFA 2016 Updated: May-28-15 3:38 pm
Move over, fellas.
- 'Boutique' bowling alley planned for NYC's Lower East Side Updated: May-28-15 3:17 pm
NEW YORK - A "boutique" bowling alley is expected to open in 2017 on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- Wisconsin contestants eliminated from national spelling bee Updated: May-28-15 8:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin contestants in the Scripps National Spelling Bee have been eliminated.
- Tax increase may not be needed for public safety raises Updated: May-27-15 10:25 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A tax increase may not be necessary to pay for Terrebonne Parish public safety worker raises.
- A sampling of National Spelling Bee vocabulary questions Updated: May-26-15 2:25 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Here is a sampling of vocabulary questions from Tuesday's preliminary test at the Scripps National Spelling Bee. For the test, participants are asked to spell 12 words and define 14 words. Of the 285 spellers in the bee, roughly 50 will advance to the semifinals based on their scores on the test and their ability to spell two words correctly on stage Wednesday.
- Authorities find bowling alley empty after hostage report Updated: May-25-15 10:01 pm
COLUMBIA CITY, Indiana - Authorities have searched a bowling alley in northeastern Indiana after receiving a report of a hostage situation there but say they found no one inside.
- National Spelling Bee launches fantasy-style mobile app Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Fans of the Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new way to follow the tongue-twisting action this year.
- Review: 'Witcher III' an intimate story in epic trappings Updated: May-19-15 8:01 am
Geralt of Rivia may be trapped in medieval times, but he's the epitome of a Renaissance man.
- Tennis hall uses $3M museum makeover to detail game's impact Updated: May-17-15 11:17 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is using a $3 million makeover to highlight the game's influence on pop culture and social issues, with snazzy new displays and iconic memorabilia highlighting moments that transcended the sport.
- 'Minecraft' most streamed video game in YouTube's history Updated: May-13-15 10:16 am
LOS ANGELES - "Minecraft" has built a big reputation on YouTube.
- 'The Witcher 3' takes a cue from 'Game of Thrones' Updated: May-11-15 5:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" isn't shying away from its name.
- ND man suing government over injury during paintball game Updated: May-08-15 3:11 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota man who says he was injured while watching a paintball game at a National Guard recruiting event is suing the federal government over his claim for damages.
- Nintendo reports $350 million profit, reversal from red ink Updated: May-07-15 12:40 pm
TOKYO - Nintendo Co. reported a net profit of 41.8 billion yen ($350 million) for the fiscal year through March, a reversal from deep losses the previous year, as it reshapes its troubled business with a long-delayed foray into smartphone games and plans to bring its video game characters to theme parks.
- 3 new miniature golf courses in works for Harrison County Updated: May-03-15 7:47 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - Three miniature golf courses are in the works in Harrison County. If all three open, they'll bring competition the pastime hasn't seen on the Mississippi Coast since Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005.
- Washington County chess academy builds focus, confidence Updated: May-03-15 10:13 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - On any given Sunday, many kids can be found lounging at home playing video games, watching TV or playing with friends, but for one group of children, weekend afternoons have been spent learning the game of chess.