- Immigrants, poor fish for their dinner, unaware of mercury Updated: Jul-29-15 3:53 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - It's midday and the white bucket balanced on the rocky shore at Mountha Uppasay's feet holds five or six white bass, moving sluggishly in the water she scooped from the Des Moines River.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Royals recall LHP John Lamb as 26th man Updated: Jul-17-15 1:46 pm
- Aspen Foods recalls nearly 2 million pounds of chicken Updated: Jul-17-15 7:27 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Agriculture says Illinois-based Aspen Foods is recalling nearly 2 million pounds of raw, frozen chicken products over concerns they might be contaminated with salmonella.
- Lawsuit filed against restaurant where lawyers were sickened Updated: Jul-15-15 4:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A lawsuit has been filed against a Philadelphia restaurant where nearly 100 attorneys and law students were sickened in February.
- Barber Foods recalls 1.7 million pounds of chicken products Updated: Jul-13-15 3:56 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Barber Foods of Portland is recalling 1.7 million pounds of frozen chicken products over concerns that they may be contaminated with salmonella.
- Justice Dept.: Food companies risk prosecution for outbreaks Updated: Jul-13-15 1:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Following a deadly listeria outbreak in ice cream, the Justice Department is warning food companies that they could face criminal and civil penalties if they inadvertently poison their customers.
- Safety officials put up jellyfish warning signs on Oahu Updated: Jul-12-15 12:20 pm
HONOLULU - Safety officials have posted jellyfish warning signs on some of Oahu's beaches that face west or south.