- Farm recalls produce used in Costco salad linked to E. coli Updated: Nov-26-15 9:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A California farm is recalling a vegetable mix believed to be the source of E.coli in Costco chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states, the Food and Drug Administration said Thursday.
- 'Food Freedom' bill would free some farms from safety rules Updated: Nov-26-15 11:36 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Supporters of a measure that would exempt some small-time farmers and ranchers from food safety rules are pointing to a small Utah farm blocked by state regulators from selling turkeys this Thanksgiving as an example of regulations they see as burdensome.
- Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables Updated: Nov-25-15 7:47 pm
SEATTLE - Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
- New federal rule for catfish inspection process finalized Updated: Nov-25-15 4:36 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service released its final rule Wednesday on a new inspection process for catfish and other ray-finned fish species that's scheduled to start in March.
- State to revive mercury testing program Updated: Nov-08-15 5:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State regulators are reviving a program to test the mercury levels of fish caught in Louisiana waters, providing consumers with updated warnings for the first time since 2008.
- CDC: More food poisoning outbreaks cross state lines Updated: Nov-03-15 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - The government is reporting an increase in food poisoning outbreaks that span multiple states, like the one that this week prompted Chipotle to close 43 of its restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
- 5 things to know about Pacific Northwest E.coli outbreak Updated: Nov-03-15 4:45 am
SEATTLE - Chipotle has closed 43 of its Pacific Northwest locations in response to an E. coli outbreak health officials have connected to the Mexican food chain.
- AP top news in Iowa at 3:58 p.m. CST Updated: Nov-01-15 6:00 pm
LARRABEE, Iowa - The Iowa landowners who oppose a proposed pipeline to carry North Dakota oil to Illinois hope state regulators will consider their concerns about the project.