- The Latest: Ballot count continues in NY Senate race Updated: Apr-27-16 5:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the counting of absentee ballots in the contested New York state Senate election on Long Island (all times local):
- Howard to serve as interim chief of Slidell Police Updated: Apr-26-16 5:52 pm
SLIDELL, Louisiana - Longtime Slidell Police veteran Eugene Howard will serve as interim chief of the department.
- Nearly 1/3rd of Tupelo's property taxes is up for a vote Updated: Apr-24-16 7:26 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Nearly one-third of Tupelo's property taxes is up for a vote.
- Maricopa County prints Spanish language ballot with error Updated: Apr-22-16 7:46 pm
PHOENIX - The Spanish language version of the Maricopa County ballot for the May 17 statewide special election contains a misprint that will require postcards to be mailed to 1.3 million early ballot recipients.
- Ducey opponent Fred DuVal backing Proposition 123 Updated: Apr-20-16 8:46 pm
PHOENIX - Republican Gov. Doug Ducey's Democratic opponent in the 2014 governor's race joined with him Wednesday to support a voter referendum that will boost school funding.
- The Latest: Democrat Kaminsky declares win for NY Senate Updated: Apr-19-16 11:45 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the special legislative elections in New York (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Nebraska's Winnebago Tribe seeks change to enrollment rule Updated: Apr-19-16 10:50 am
WINNEBAGO, Nebraska - A proposed change to Winnebago tribal enrollment could change the northeast Nebraska tribe's future.
- Special election set in state senate race Updated: Apr-14-16 11:16 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has set a special election date for the contest to replace Newport News Sen. John Miller, who died earlier this month.
- Mel Brooks records telephone endorsement in NY Senate race Updated: Apr-12-16 2:22 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Mel Brooks is offering a ringing endorsement for his great-nephew, who's running for a seat in New York's state Senate.
- Special election to fill Virgil Smith's former senate seat Updated: Apr-12-16 11:56 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says Virgil Smith's former state senate seat will be filled during the November election.
- Democrats win California Assembly seat in special election Updated: Apr-06-16 4:45 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Democrats held onto a Fresno County seat in the California Assembly with a special election victory in a critical race for the majority party that will be rehashed again in June and November.
- Gambrell wins GOP runoff in SC Senate 4 Updated: Apr-06-16 8:41 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - State Rep. Mike Gambrell of Honea Path is the winner of the state Senate District 14 GOP runoff election.
- Maine's House Republicans block $18 million spending plan Updated: Apr-05-16 9:45 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republicans in the state House have blocked a proposed $18 million spending package.
- Texarkana voters to weigh in on anti-discrimination policy Updated: Apr-05-16 3:05 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Texarkana, Arkansas, residents will vote on whether the city's new anti-discrimination policy will stay or go.
- 3 new Pennsylvania House members take oath of office Updated: Apr-05-16 11:43 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Three new members have taken the oath of office as members of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
- Woman who threw Vaseline at Maine governor town hall can run Updated: Apr-04-16 6:20 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine secretary of state says a woman who halted a town hall meeting by throwing a jar of Vaseline in the direction of outspoken Republican Gov. Paul LePage has submitted enough signatures to appear on a ballot.
- Maine Senate holds off on votes until snubbed senator seated Updated: Apr-04-16 1:14 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A spat over a snubbed state senator in Maine has escalated into a tit-for-tat standoff after the Republican-controlled Senate said Monday it will refuse to hold roll call votes until the Republican governor swears in the new Democrat.