- AP Source: Devils to hires John Hynes as head coach Updated: Jun-01-15 11:17 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey general manager Ray Shero has reached into his ties with the Pittsburgh Penguins to pick the Devils' next head coach, John Hynes, a person with knowledge of the hiring told The Associated Press on Monday night.
- Veteran leadership key to young Lightning's success Updated: Jun-01-15 8:04 pm
- Quenneville plays it coy on Blackhawks lineup for Game 1 Updated: Jun-01-15 7:00 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks could go in a couple of different directions when it comes to their last two defensemen for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
- Rangers' best regular season fails to lead to Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-01-15 6:30 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Three days after squandering a chance to reach the Stanley Cup Final for the second straight season, the New York Rangers' disappointment and frustration was still there for all to see.
- Rangers' Zuccarello was sidelined by small skull fracture Updated: Jun-01-15 3:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello could not speak for four days after being hit in the head by a shot in the opening round of the playoffs and sustaining a small skull fracture and some bleeding.
- Garth Brooks concert canceled due to NHL finals in Tampa Updated: Jun-01-15 9:23 am
TAMPA, Florida - A couple of weeks ago, "Disney on Ice: Frozen" almost fell victim to the Tampa Bay Lightning's playoff run. Now, it's Garth Brooks.
- Young Lightning prove they belong on hockey's biggest stage Updated: May-31-15 7:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The NHL playoffs have been a roller coaster of excitement, punctuated by a pair of Game 7s over the weekend to decide the Stanley Cup finalists.
- Ducks get plucked in another Game 7, losing 5-3 to Chicago Updated: May-31-15 12:36 am
ANAHEIM, California - After their last two seasons ended with heartbreaking losses in winner-take-all games, the Anaheim Ducks thought they were ready to get past Game 7.
- Blackhawks roll into Cup Finals, beating Ducks 5-3 in Game 7 Updated: May-31-15 12:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks dealt with Game 7 pressure in the same way they've handled just about everything during their incredible seven-year playoff run.
- Rangers come up a game short of playoff for The Cup again Updated: May-30-15 12:17 am
NEW YORK - After losing the Stanley Cup final to the Los Angeles Kings last season, the New York Rangers came into the season with a simple motto: "Change the finish."
- Bylsma faces big rebuilding challenge in taking over Sabres Updated: May-28-15 7:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The circumstances have changed for Dan Bylsma in taking over as coach of the young and rebuilding Buffalo Sabres.
- Sharks officially announce Peter DeBoer hired as new coach Updated: May-28-15 6:40 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose general manager Doug Wilson was so impressed by Peter DeBoer when he interviewed in 2008 that he moved to the top of the list when the Sharks had to search for a new head coach.
- NHL: Stanley Cup Final begins Wednesday Updated: May-28-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - The Stanley Cup Final will open on Wednesday with Game 1 in New York, Tampa or Anaheim.
- AP Source: Sharks to hire Peter DeBoer as head coach Updated: May-27-15 2:52 pm
- Toews gets 2 to force OT, but Hawks drop Game 5 to Ducks 5-4 Updated: May-26-15 2:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - When Jonathan Toews scored twice in the final seconds to force overtime in Game 5, the Western Conference finals appeared to be bending under the weight of the Chicago Blackhawks' famed playoff tenacity.
- Boston Bruins elevate Don Sweeney to general manager Updated: May-20-15 3:05 pm
BOSTON - On his first day as general manager of the Boston Bruins, Don Sweeney met with Claude Julien and declined to give his Stanley Cup-winning coach more than a tepid endorsement.
- Todd McLellan hired as coach of Edmonton Oilers Updated: May-19-15 9:50 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Todd McLellan is focused on a new beginning with the Edmonton Oilers
- Flyers hire North Dakota's Hakstol as new head coach Updated: May-18-15 9:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Once the surprise news hit Philadelphia, Flyers die-hards - heck, NHL fans everywhere - all sounded a bit as if they should have been Jeopardy contestants.
- Wide array of experience in NHL conference finals Updated: May-16-15 4:14 pm
CHICAGO - When Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen made his NHL debut in 1998, Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was 4 years old. Rangers forward Martin St. Louis had played in 1,154 games when forward Jonathan Drouin logged his first appearance with the Lightning in October.
- Ducks' Getzlaf, Perry meet Hawks' Toews, Kane in West final Updated: May-15-15 7:17 pm
- Lightning a reminder southern hockey continues to thrive Updated: May-15-15 5:03 pm
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - About the time a new champion hoists the Stanley Cup, players from Canada, Latvia and Hungary will gather in Tennessee for four days to showcase their hockey talent for college coaches and junior league teams.
- Bishop a key to Tampa Bay Lightning's deep playoff run Updated: May-15-15 2:23 am
- Protecting home ice could decide NHL's conference finals Updated: May-14-15 8:39 pm
- Rangers head to NHL conference finals to face Lightning Updated: May-14-15 2:51 am
NEW YORK - It would seem there are two certainties ahead for the New York Rangers.
- Rangers advance in OT on Stepan's goal, 2-1 over Capitals Updated: May-14-15 12:06 am
NEW YORK - Make the resilient Rangers play a Game 7 and they don't even flinch.