- 3 UC researchers win national young scientist award Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Three University of California researchers are the winners of a national young scientist award that carry a cash prize of $250,000 each.
- NSF-funded research at Mines to focus on ballistics, weather Updated: Jun-28-15 11:26 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Undergraduate students from across the country are gathering at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology this summer to study ballistics and other topics thanks to funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Smithsonian to improve ethics policies on research funding Updated: Jun-26-15 6:37 pm
After revelations that a scientist failed to disclose his funding sources for climate change research, the Smithsonian Institution said Friday it is improving its ethics and disclosure policies to avoid conflicts of interest.
- MSU: $88.1M research site to boost Grand Rapids-area economy Updated: Jun-18-15 12:20 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Michigan State University's new $88.1 million biomedical research center in Grand Rapids will strengthen the area's economic future, school officials said Thursday.
- Vermont educators get grant for biomedical research Updated: Jun-12-15 5:08 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A network of Vermont scientists led by the University of Vermont is getting a federal grant of $17.8 million to continue biomedical research projects while also training the next generation of researchers, officials said Friday.
- 'Battlefield MRI' in the works Updated: Jun-04-15 5:06 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Ka-boom. An improvised explosive device goes off in one of the world's many distant battlefields. A soldier may suffer a head or brain injury, but a key to diagnosing soft-tissue damage - a magnetic imaging resonance machine, or MRI - is huge and expensive, and often a long way away.
- City of Missoula gets $400,000 grant for redevelopment Updated: Jun-02-15 5:06 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The city of Missoula has been awarded a $400,000 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency grant for redevelopment.
- EPA awards brownfields grants in Kentucky Updated: Jun-01-15 5:04 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Federal environmental officials are awarding $1 million in brownfields grants to four recipients in Kentucky.