- Bill would allow classic car owners to forgo front plate Updated: Feb-09-16 1:29 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A state House committee approved a bill Tuesday that would allow owners of classic and sporty show cars to display only rear South Dakota license plates.
- Obama, Xi discuss NKorea amid signs of rocket launch preps Updated: Feb-05-16 4:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The presidents of the U.S. and China agreed Friday that a planned rocket launch by North Korea would violate U.N. sanctions, the White House said, amid signs the isolated nation was moving closer to blastoff.
- Woman injured by speeding wrong-way SUV in Brooklyn Updated: Feb-05-16 7:03 am
NEW YORK - A woman who was walking her dog when she was struck by a speeding wrong-way driver is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
- Truck renovation keeps wheelchair-bound owner on circuit Updated: Feb-02-16 5:05 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - Every detail was personalized and agonized over.
- Kenny Chesney, KISS to headline 51st North Dakota State Fair Updated: Jan-26-16 6:52 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Country superstar Kenny Chesney and rock legend KISS will headline the grandstand acts at this summer's North Dakota State Fair.
- Detroit auto show draws more than 815,000 visitors Updated: Jan-25-16 5:26 am
DETROIT - Organizers say there were more than 815,000 visitors to the North American International Auto Show this year.
- Designer makes gowns out of car interior material Updated: Jan-22-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - One auto supplier is taking the term "ready to wear" to a whole new level.
- Detroit's Cobo Center considers another possible expansion Updated: Jan-22-16 5:25 am
DETROIT - Downtown Detroit's Cobo Center is considering another possible major expansion and is taking steps to shore up its funding.
- Van Gogh exhibition in Chicago to feature bedroom paintings Updated: Jan-21-16 5:16 am
CHICAGO - A Chicago exhibition next month will mark the first time in North America that three versions of a famous Vincent Van Gogh painting will be shown together.
- Obama tours auto show, pledges help for Flint's water crisis Updated: Jan-20-16 8:31 pm
DETROIT - President Barack Obama on Wednesday hailed the revival of the nation's auto industry while acknowledging the water crisis in nearby Flint, Michigan, saying the detection of high levels of lead serve as a reminder that the government can't shortchange basic services.
- Who's your co-pilot? Pope's Fiat going up for auction Updated: Jan-20-16 10:55 am
PHILADELPHIA - One of the two Fiats used by Pope Francis during his September visit to Philadelphia is going up for auction.
- Lego model of Detroit's Renaissance Center makes debut Updated: Jan-19-16 1:35 pm
DETROIT - A 6-foot-tall model of downtown Detroit's Renaissance Center that's built of Legos is on display at the North American International Auto Show.
- Obama plans to visit with Detroit residents during trip Updated: Jan-19-16 5:47 am
DETROIT - President Barack Obama is expected to visit a Detroit neighborhood and talk with residents during his trip to the city.
- Officer injured, man killed in undercover prostitution sting Updated: Jan-16-16 12:19 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - Authorities say an undercover officer has been injured and a suspect killed in an exchange of gunfire during a Detroit-area prostitution sting.
- North American International Auto Show opens to public Updated: Jan-16-16 11:09 am
DETROIT - The North American International Auto Show has opened to the public following a week of previews for the press, industry officials and others.
- Auto industry agrees to cooperate with government on safety Updated: Jan-15-16 1:14 pm
DETROIT - After two tumultuous years of recalls, fines and friction, the government and the auto industry struck a peace treaty of sorts by agreeing to cooperate on safety issues in the future.
- Auto Show: Some see sales slowdown; fuel economy quandary Updated: Jan-12-16 4:04 pm
DETROIT - The North American International Auto Show opens to the public Jan. 16 in Detroit. Here are some of the things we learned at this week's media preview:
- Lincoln revives the Continental, with eye on China Updated: Jan-12-16 1:34 pm
DETROIT - The Lincoln Continental has a storied past. Now it has a future.
- Missouri Gov. Nixon to attend Detroit auto show Updated: Jan-12-16 5:02 am
DETROIT - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is going to this year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Bevin promoting Kentucky at auto show Updated: Jan-12-16 4:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin is promoting the state's automotive industry at the North American International Auto Show in Michigan.
- 'Michigan House' opening up during previews for auto show Updated: Jan-12-16 4:01 am
DETROIT - A temporary downtown Detroit venue called "Michigan House" is opening up during previews for the auto show.
- Honda, Volvo take top awards at the Detroit auto show Updated: Jan-11-16 10:28 pm
DETROIT - After a few years of Detroit domination, two foreign automakers nabbed 2016 North American Car and Truck/Utility of the Year honors.
- 3 questions for Toyota North America CEO Jim Lentz Updated: Jan-11-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - Toyota's chief executive in North America doesn't see a U.S. auto sales bubble anytime soon, but he does expect shifts in the market as demographics change and thousands of late-model vehicles come back from leases.
- The Latest: Ford looks to future with new app, stores Updated: Jan-11-16 4:00 pm
DETROIT - The latest developments from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.