- Arizona ruling: Docs' medical marijuana immunity is limited Updated: May-06-16 3:12 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court says immunity provided doctors under the state's medical marijuana law for certifying patients to use pot only applies to the medical certifications, not other conduct such as making false statements in documents.
- Workers are losing ground as Atlantic City casinos struggle Updated: May-06-16 1:59 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casino workers are making only 80 cents an hour more now than they did 12 years ago, having opted instead to secure benefits like health insurance and retirement plans as the casino industry shrunk and four properties went out of business.
- Things to know about California's new tobacco, vaping laws Updated: May-05-16 6:52 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, has signed five laws that increase California's minimum age to buy tobacco from 18 to 21, regulate electronic cigarettes and restrict tobacco use in various other ways.
- Concerns remain as Minnesota's medical marijuana sites grow Updated: May-05-16 2:45 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota is expected to have eight medical marijuana clinics open this summer, but some observers are wondering whether there's enough patient demand.
- Ohio bill to legalize medical marijuana clears House panel Updated: May-05-16 1:41 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to legalize medical marijuana in Ohio has cleared a legislative panel and appears headed for a full House vote next week.
- Correction: California Marijuana Legalization story Updated: May-05-16 1:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - In a story May 4 about a campaign to legalize marijuana in California, The Associated Press misspelled the surname of the state's lieutenant governor in one reference. He is Gavin Newsom, not Newson.
- Pot shops to sell recreational edibles, extracts in June Updated: May-05-16 1:05 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Recreational marijuana users will be able to purchase more than just flowers next month.
- Highlights of what passed, failed in legislative session Updated: May-05-16 12:18 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Despite Wednesday's adjournment deadline, Connecticut legislators planned to return, possibly early next week, to vote on a new budget for fiscal year 2017, budget-related bills and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's criminal justice bill.
- 2nd medical marijuana dispensary opening in New Hampshire Updated: May-05-16 12:16 am
DOVER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's second medical marijuana dispensary is opening, in Dover.
- Gov. Bentley signs medical marijuana oil bill into law Updated: May-04-16 6:20 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday signed legislation into law to allow medical marijuana oil in the state.
- Utah school district pays $10K for 'drunk goggles' injury Updated: May-04-16 3:33 pm
FARMINGTON, Utah - Court documents show that a Utah school district paid more than $10,000 for a student's medical expenses after she was injured while wearing so-called drunk goggles in a 2014 exercise.
- Correction: IndyCar-Stefan Wilson-Indy 500 story Updated: May-04-16 2:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a story April 26, The Associated Press reported erroneously that organ donations from the late IndyCar driver Justin Wilson saved six lives. The Indiana Donor Network, citing updated information from Wilson's family, says five lives were saved.
- Medical pot ad limits await governor's pen in Colorado Updated: May-04-16 1:09 pm
DENVER - An expanded limit on marijuana advertising awaits the governor's signature in Colorado.
- Oakland expands medical marijuana dispensaries in the city Updated: May-04-16 10:19 am
OAKLAND, California - City leaders have unanimously approved a new law expanding the number of medical marijuana operating in the city of Oakland.
- Germany to allow medical cannabis consumption in some cases Updated: May-04-16 6:53 am
BERLIN - Germany's Cabinet has approved a bill that will allow patients to get cannabis as a prescription-only medication.
- The Latest: Hawaii OKs bills on mental health, prison, guns Updated: May-03-16 11:06 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Hawaii Legislature passing dozens of bills ahead of a legislative deadline (all times local):
- 72-hour wait time for abortions in La. nears final passage Updated: May-03-16 7:30 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to triple the wait time for an abortion in Louisiana is nearing final legislative passage, winning support from an overwhelming number of state lawmakers in both the House and Senate.
- The Latest: Woman in drive-by pronounced brain-dead Updated: May-03-16 6:30 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Latest on an apparently random shooting along an interstate in Wisconsin that killed an Illinois woman (all times local):
- Jimmy Carter's cancer treatment inspires new Georgia law Updated: May-03-16 4:16 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's governor has signed a bill inspired by former President Jimmy Carter's cancer treatment.
- Attorney: Prosecutors dropping marijuana dispensary case Updated: May-03-16 4:07 pm
OAKLAND, California - Federal prosecutors have agreed to drop a nearly four-year effort to seize the property of a California medical marijuana dispensary billed as the nation's largest, the dispensary's attorney said Tuesday.
- Illinois retail medical marijuana sales top $2M in April Updated: May-03-16 3:58 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois medical marijuana industry saw $2.2 million in retail sales during April, the largest one-month figure yet.
- Medical marijuana expansion effort edges ahead in House Updated: May-03-16 2:17 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A year after lawmakers created the framework for a medical marijuana program in Louisiana, medicinal-grade pot hasn't reached the hands of a single patient amid regulatory hurdles built into the law.
- Fighting opioid addiction with marijuana moving forward Updated: May-03-16 12:09 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A proposal to use marijuana to battle opioid addiction is being processed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Latest: House delays action on marijuana bill Updated: May-02-16 9:01 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Latest on Vermont marijuana legalization bill (all times local):
- Doctor files complaint, says support for abortion silenced Updated: May-02-16 6:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A physician who performs abortions at a Washington hospital filed a federal civil rights complaint Monday alleging that she's been unfairly barred from speaking publicly about her view that abortion is an essential procedure for women's health.