- Sloppy performance costs Steelers control of playoff spot Updated: Nov-30-15 3:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers kept insisting there was no need to scoreboard watch, figuring they didn't have to worry about their spot in the AFC's jumbled playoff picture if they kept winning.
- Seattle leans on its offense to beat Pittsburgh 39-30 Updated: Nov-30-15 2:13 am
SEATTLE - Russell Wilson was sick of the story line about the Seattle Seahawks inability to finish games in the fourth quarter.
- Struggling Dolphins fall flat in 38-20 loss to Jets Updated: Nov-29-15 8:28 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Dan Campbell looked every bit like a frustrated coach searching for answers.
- Chiefs hold off Bills 30-22 for fifth straight win Updated: Nov-29-15 5:34 pm
- Dolphins confident playing on road against Jets Updated: Nov-26-15 2:13 pm
- Steelers looking for West Coast success Updated: Nov-24-15 6:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - David DeCastro majored in management sciences and engineering at Stanford, which according to the school's website prepares students "to plan, design and implement complex economic and technological management systems."
- Raiders losing streak dampens playoff talk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Earlier this month, Oakland Raiders safety Charles Woodson wanted his teammates to embrace the idea of talking about the playoffs.
- Falcons' promising season in freefall after 3rd loss in row Updated: Nov-23-15 5:52 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - A team that wins its first five games almost always makes the NFL playoffs.
- 3 teams send reminders they should not be dismissed Updated: Nov-23-15 3:32 pm
Like Dikembe Mutombo waving his finger at anyone so unwise to challenge him in the paint, several NFL teams sent reminders Sunday that they're still viable in the playoff race.
- Dolphins need a surge just to finish at .500 again Updated: Nov-23-15 3:12 pm
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins might need to lower their sights. They persisted in talking Monday about making the postseason, even though a more modest achievement - finishing at .500 - could be beyond their reach.
- After 1-5 start, Chiefs riding 4-game winning streak Updated: Nov-23-15 2:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - What the Kansas City Chiefs have accomplished this season is hardly rare. What they can still accomplish is nearly unprecedented.
- Rawls big night leads Seahawks past 49ers, 29-13 Updated: Nov-23-15 2:48 am
SEATTLE - Thomas Rawls is not a big stats guy. When it came to recalling the last time he rushed for 200 yards in a game, all Rawls could remember was that it happened at Central Michigan.
- Punchless Raiders drop 3rd straight, 18-13 to Lions Updated: Nov-22-15 6:28 pm
DETROIT - Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders are falling behind in a forgiving race for an AFC playoff spot.
- 49ers defenders Bowman, Williams return to Seattle at last Updated: Nov-19-15 5:45 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Ian Williams passed NaVorro Bowman in the locker room earlier this week and reminded his teammate they would be returning to Seattle's home field and the scene of major injuries from the 2013 season that temporarily derailed their careers.
- Jets' Maccagnan doesn't view this season as playoffs or bust Updated: Nov-18-15 9:08 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Mike Maccagnan understands the expectations of New York Jets fans.
- Arizona's Palmer: 'It's not just another game' Updated: Nov-18-15 8:00 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - A little over four years ago, Carson Palmer was home, away from football without pay, in a bitter stalemate with Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown.
- Roethlisberger latest in long line of gritty QBs Updated: Nov-18-15 9:43 am
PITTSBURGH - The only thing missing was the music. You know, that little whistle thing from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly," the riff that might as well be for "get your popcorn ready, it's about to go down."
- Ravens haven't abandoned hope of reaching playoffs Updated: Nov-09-15 7:05 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Given a week off to heal and reflect on what went wrong during the first half of the season, the Baltimore Ravens returned to work Monday with hopes of mounting an unprecedented playoff run.
- Newton's 4 TDs lead unbeaten Panthers past Packers 37-29 Updated: Nov-08-15 6:58 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton was determined to protect the Carolina Panthers' house on Sunday at all costs.
- Detroit Lions fire team president and GM after 1-7 start Updated: Nov-05-15 11:12 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The one-win Detroit Lions, looking nothing like the team that reached the playoffs last season, fired team president Tom Lewand and general manager Martin Mayhew on Thursday and promised to bring in new leadership to put a consistent winner on the field.
- Atlanta, Santa Clara, New Orleans to host college title game Updated: Nov-04-15 5:31 pm
Atlanta, New Orleans and Santa Clara, California, were selected to host College Football Playoff national championship games from a group of nine cities and regions.
- Carr throws 4 TD passes to lead Raiders past Jets 34-20 Updated: Nov-01-15 8:50 pm
OAKLAND, California - A year after entering November in search of their first win, Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders are right in contention in the AFC.
- Dalton's late TD leads unbeaten Bengals over Steelers 16-10 Updated: Nov-01-15 7:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down to a last chance, Andy Dalton showed why these Bengals are the best ever through seven games.