- Contours of landmark UN climate pact starting to take shape Updated: Sep-04-15 2:35 pm
BONN, Germany - U.N. climate talks are plodding ahead toward a worldwide deal to fight global warming, with negotiators agreeing to start work on a draft agreement.
- Kerry: Climate change potential for harm similar to WWII Updated: Aug-31-15 10:34 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Secretary of State John Kerry kicked off a conference on the challenges of climate change by comparing it to the crisis faced by world leaders last century.
- UN climate negotiators work in Bonn on deal to fight warming Updated: Aug-31-15 8:28 am
STOCKHOLM - U.N. climate talks began anew Monday in Germany, three months before world governments are supposed to adopt a landmark deal to fight global warming.
- UN chief urges leaders to speed up climate negotiations Updated: Aug-26-15 11:28 am
PARIS - United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging world leaders to "accelerate" negotiations ahead of a December climate conference in Paris.
- EU urges G20 countries to make climate goals public Updated: Aug-20-15 9:31 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is urging major emerging industrialized powers to make public their emissions targets ahead of a key climate conference in December.
- Muslim scholars call for climate action Updated: Aug-18-15 11:13 am
ISTANBUL - Muslim scholars and environmental advocates from about 20 countries on Tuesday called for a global phase-out of greenhouse gas emissions by mid-century, joining a chorus of religious leaders urging the world to take strong action against global warming.
- Britain's Hammond in China for security, climate talks Updated: Aug-12-15 10:34 am
BEIJING - British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said Wednesday that an international agreement to limit Iran's nuclear program could give impetus to efforts aimed at curbing North Korea's nuclear weapons program.
- Environment secretary pledges fracking policy transparency Updated: Aug-11-15 4:34 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Maryland Department of the Environment Secretary Ben Grumbles says his agency will gather more information and listen to citizens as it develops rules for fracking in the state.