- WikiLeaks says US spied on Japanese government, companies Updated: Jul-31-15 10:13 am
TOKYO - The WikiLeaks website published documents Friday that it said shows the U.S. government spied on Japanese officials and companies.
- Officials: Proposed mine won't break environmental policy Updated: Jul-30-15 4:50 pm
LIBBY, Montana - Owners of a northwestern Montana mine say they are one step closer to operating after the U.S. Forest Service found the project would not violate environmental laws or regulations.
- World mayors at Vatican urge 'bold climate agreement' Updated: Jul-21-15 11:25 pm
VATICAN CITY - Mayors from around the world declared Tuesday that climate change is real, man-made and must be stopped as a matter of moral imperative, gathering at the Vatican to announce new measures to fight global warming and bask in Pope Francis' ecological star power.
- Gov. Brown: Millions are suffering because of climate change Updated: Jul-21-15 1:23 pm
VATICAN CITY - At a climate summit at the Vatican, California Gov. Jerry Brown said the world may have reached a tipping point on global warming and that humanity must reverse course or face extinction.
- Birmingham mayor: Pleased to back pope's call to end slavery Updated: Jul-21-15 10:44 am
VATICAN CITY - The latest developments at the Vatican's meeting of mayors on fighting climate change and human trafficking. All times local.
- French president pushes for an ambitious global climate deal Updated: Jul-21-15 7:53 am
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande is calling for an ambitious accord on the climate to address the threat of global warming.
- Obama plans Alaska trip for climate change conference Updated: Jul-17-15 4:11 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The White House has confirmed that President Obama will travel to Alaska next month for a climate change meeting.
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee blames GOP for climate failures Updated: Jul-14-15 7:34 pm
SEATTLE - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has gained national attention for rolling out some of the most ambitious climate initiatives in the country, signing pacts with other Western states and speaking at an international summit.
- California governor to meet with pope on climate change Updated: Jul-09-15 5:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California Gov. Jerry Brown announced Thursday that he will travel to Vatican City later this month to discuss climate change and modern slavery with dignitaries including Pope Francis as the governor seeks to burnish his legacy as a climate change activist.
- Inslee to give speech at climate summit in Canada Updated: Jul-06-15 2:16 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee will be briefly heading to Canada this week to speak at the Climate Summit of the Americas.