- Alabama governor's wife files for divorce; pair lives apart Updated: Aug-28-15 8:33 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's first lady on Friday filed for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley, saying their 50-year marriage has suffered an "irretrievable breakdown."
- The Latest: Alabama governor's wife files for divorce Updated: Aug-28-15 8:01 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The latest on Alabama first lady Dianne Bentley filing for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley. (all times local):
- Plaintiffs seek to block Miss. ban on gay couples adopting Updated: Aug-28-15 4:26 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Four lesbian couples are asking a federal judge to immediately stop Mississippi from enforcing a law that bans same-sex couples from adopting or taking children into foster care.
- Foundation supports Wyoming magistrate on gay marriage stand Updated: Aug-27-15 7:47 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A conservative law firm that has worked to oppose gay marriage initiatives nationwide is representing a Wyoming magistrate under investigation for saying she would refuse to perform same-sex marriages.
- Swoyersville couple celebrating 70 years of marriage Updated: Aug-26-15 1:46 pm
SWOYERSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Anthony and Betty Leptuck of Swoyersville fell in love in the late 1930s after meeting at dances in the borough fire hall.
- Underwater wedding honors Christ of the Deep anniversary Updated: Aug-25-15 5:49 pm
KEY LARGO, Florida - Kimberly Triolet and Jorge Rodriguez exchanged their wedding vows underwater beside a 9-foot statue of Jesus.
- Gay, straight couples say 'I do' to Justice Kennedy's words Updated: Aug-25-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Emily Smith and Jillian Levine had already chosen a venue, booked a band and written the first draft of the ceremony for their wedding when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that gay couples nationwide have a right to marry. Within minutes of the June 26 ruling, Levine texted her fiancÃ©e a rainbow emoji and a question about their ceremony.
- Yankton County couple marks wedding anniversary with 4-H Updated: Aug-23-15 4:29 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - Most married couples go out to dinner for their anniversary.
- Michigan couple that challenged gay marriage ban wed Updated: Aug-22-15 9:13 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse - the two Michigan women who legally challenged the state's ban on gay marriage - exchanged vows Saturday during a ceremony in suburban Detroit.
- Thousands rally for clerks denying gay marriage licenses Updated: Aug-22-15 3:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Three Kentucky county clerks who are refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples drew thunderous cheers from a crowd gathered at the state capitol on Saturday.
- This takes the cake: couple eats 60-year-old wedding slice Updated: Aug-20-15 11:01 am
SATELLITE BEACH, Florida - A Florida couple - married 60 years - are still enjoying a tradition from their wedding day. Every anniversary they take a bite from the top layer of their wedding cake stored in a coffee can in their freezer.
- Pair of centenarians to celebrate their wedding anniversary Updated: Aug-18-15 6:10 pm
CATONSVILLE, Maryland - Two centenarians are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary at a Maryland retirement community.
- Texas gay couple settles suit over marriage license denial Updated: Aug-17-15 7:31 pm
GRANBURY, Texas - Attorneys for a gay couple who sued a Texas county clerk who denied them a marriage license on religious grounds have announced they've reached a settlement of the lawsuit.
- Over 60 same-sex couples married at Puerto Rico wedding Updated: Aug-16-15 6:50 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Over 60 couples from around the region gathered in Puerto Rico's capital Sunday to exchange vows at a same-sex marriage ceremony while a crowd of supporters snapped photos and cheered.
- Gay couples sue Florida over names on birth certificates Updated: Aug-13-15 7:11 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The first couple to be issued a same-sex marriage license in Florida sued the state Thursday, saying that the Bureau of Vital Statistics still won't allow hospitals to list both same-sex parents on birth certificates.
- Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't cite beliefs Updated: Aug-13-15 2:58 pm
DENVER - A suburban Denver baker who would not make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple cannot cite his Christian beliefs in refusing them service because it would lead to discrimination, the Colorado Court of Appeals ruled Thursday.
- Couples sue to overturn Mississippi ban on gay adoptions Updated: Aug-12-15 7:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Susan Hrostowski remembers when Mississippi passed its law in 2000 banning same-sex couples from adopting children.
- Arrest in NY bias attack on gay couple married at West Point Updated: Aug-12-15 8:19 am
NEW YORK - Police say a New York City man has been arrested in connection with a bias attack in lower Manhattan against the first gay couple to be married at West Point.
- Bend Relay for Life event to feature wedding chapel Updated: Aug-12-15 6:17 am
BEND, Oregon - For those who want to prove they're in love and that they support fundraising for the American Cancer Society, this year's Relay for Life event in Bend will feature a wedding chapel.
- Board: Ohio judges can't choose marriage type they perform Updated: Aug-10-15 7:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Judges who perform marriages in Ohio can't refuse to marry same-sex couples on personal or moral grounds or because of religious beliefs, according to a state judicial conduct board.
- Wisconsin Hmong leaders work to legalize cultural weddings Updated: Aug-07-15 12:40 pm
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wisconsin - Hmong leaders in Wisconsin are lobbying for a state law that would give legal status to cultural weddings so couples wouldn't need two ceremonies.