- Venue owners appeal fine for denying lesbian couple wedding Updated: Nov-23-15 12:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - Owners of a wedding venue who were fined $13,000 for violating the state's anti-discrimination law argued Monday that they should be legally allowed to follow their Christian faith.
- Rush for gay couples to marry in Montana declines Updated: Nov-22-15 5:47 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The initial rush for gay couples to marry in Montana has declined after 436 couples married during the first year since the state's marriage ban ended, but couples say they're happy with the changes that have made their lives easier.
- Portugal allows same-sex adoption, artificial insemination Updated: Nov-20-15 8:43 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's Parliament has approved laws allowing same-sex couples to legally adopt children and permitting lesbians to obtain medically assisted fertilization.
- Film shows interracial pair's battle for the right to marry Updated: Nov-20-15 3:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Vintage cars lined the Virginia drag racing track where men and women wearing high-waisted pants and long skirts waited eagerly for popcorn at the concession stand and children darted in and out of the crowd. But as soon as the movie director yelled "cut," the actors relaxed, chatted and pulled on coats to stay warm in between shots on a cold, rainy afternoon.
- The Latest: Pastor IDs victims in fiery Maryland crash Updated: Nov-09-15 5:05 pm
HYATTSVILLE, Maryland - The latest on a fiery crash involving a pickup truck and a church van that killed five people (all times local):
- Michigan women central to US gay marriage case adopt kids Updated: Nov-05-15 5:16 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - Two Detroit-area nurses jointly adopted five children on Thursday, closing a case that started when they challenged Michigan's restrictions on adoption and helped pave the way for the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision allowing gay marriage.
- Colombia high court rules for adoptions by same-sex couples Updated: Nov-04-15 8:09 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - In a historic decision, Colombia's constitutional court opened the door Wednesday for same-sex couples to legally adopt children in the conservative South American nation.
- Ohio to pay $1.3 million in gay marriage attorneys' fees Updated: Nov-02-15 7:40 pm
CINCINNATI - The state will pay $1.3 million in attorneys' fees and expenses to the law firm that handled the challenges of Ohio's gay marriage ban, a judge ruled Monday.
- 100+ Catholic couples celebrate decades of marriage at event Updated: Nov-02-15 5:57 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - More than 100 Catholic couples celebrated going the distance in marriage at an event in Lexington.
- Suspect in baseball bat beating of couple held without bail Updated: Oct-30-15 2:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 25-year-old Providence man accused of beating a married couple with a baseball bat has been ordered held without bail.
- AP-GfK Poll: Clerks must issue gay marriage licenses Updated: Oct-30-15 6:18 am
WASHINGTON - Linda Massey opposes gay marriage. But she was incensed last summer to see that Kim Davis, a Kentucky county clerk, was refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples.
- AP-GfK Poll: Opinions shift on marriage licenses Updated: Oct-30-15 4:14 am
WASHINGTON - A majority of Americans now believe that government officials who issue marriage licenses should be required to issue them to gay and lesbian couples even if they have religious objections to their marriages, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.
- State courts to share duties to protect dating couples Updated: Oct-27-15 12:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Chief Justice John Minton Jr. has stepped in, after months of back-and-forth between Jefferson District and Family courts over which would take on the additional workload of new Emergency Protective Orders meant to protect dating couples from an abusive partner.