- Kansas to issue birth certificates to 2 same-sex couples Updated: Oct-08-15 5:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two same-sex couples will be listed as parents on their children's birth certificates but the state of Kansas will continue to decide similar requests on a case-by-case basis, the Kansas Department of Revenue says.
- Alabama judge: Feds should issue same-sex marriage licenses Updated: Oct-08-15 3:18 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama probate judge is asking the state's Supreme Court for a way out of issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- Kansas same-sex couples seek birth certificates Updated: Oct-06-15 11:18 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two same-sex couples say Kansas has refused to issue birth certificates listing them as parents of their children conceived through artificial insemination.
- The Latest: Virginia executes serial killer Updated: Oct-01-15 10:03 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on the scheduled execution of a convicted serial killer in Virginia. All times local:
- Gay couple takes legal action over son's birth certificate Updated: Oct-01-15 4:56 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A same-sex couple is seeking to force the Kansas Department of Health and Environment to issue a birth certificate listing both women as the parents of their baby boy.
- Mistaken text message leads to love for St. Louis couple Updated: Sep-30-15 4:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - A married St. Louis couple is sharing their unlikely love story about three years after the mistaken text message that forged their relationship.
- Divorce finalized for Alabama governor, former first lady Updated: Sep-29-15 9:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A judge on Tuesday signed a divorce decree for Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and former first lady Dianne Bentley, quietly concluding the couple's 50-year marriage.
- Review: Authentic, moving performances elevate 'Freeheld' Updated: Sep-29-15 6:26 pm
Few actresses bring the simple authenticity to the screen that Julianne Moore does; it's virtually impossible to imagine this actress sounding a false note. And so it's hardly a surprise that she is deeply convincing - indeed, heartbreaking at times - in the real-life role of Laurel Hester, a dying woman who fought to her last breath to give her domestic partner rights to her pension benefits.
- Texas pair, marriage equality plaintiffs, get license to wed Updated: Sep-26-15 5:01 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Before they were catapulted onto the national stage as plaintiffs in a marriage equality suit against the state of Texas, and before they were denied a marriage license in Bexar County two years ago, the love story of Mark Phariss and Vic Holmes began right here in San Antonio 18 years ago.
- The Latest: Kentucky clerk says she's not a homophobe Updated: Sep-22-15 8:08 am
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Here is the latest on the Kentucky county clerk who has refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples. (All times local).
- School threats postpone more events in Ohio village Updated: Sep-18-15 11:26 am
UTICA, Ohio - A central Ohio community canceled Friday classes and postponed a beloved annual festival next week amid an investigation into threatening letters that were sent to the school district and targeted interracial couples.
- Alabama probate judge asks not to marry same-sex couples Updated: Sep-16-15 11:52 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A probate judge has asked the Alabama Supreme Court for an order protecting him and other officials who refuse to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- About 2,500 same-sex marriage licenses issued in Texas Updated: Sep-13-15 12:52 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas has issued an estimated 2,500 marriage licenses to same-sex couples since the practice was legalized, nearly 6 percent off all marriage licenses statewide, according to state estimates.
- Oregon regulators file gay housing discrimination lawsuit Updated: Sep-10-15 7:53 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - State regulators have filed a housing discrimination lawsuit on behalf of a gay couple, alleging a Medford senior living community denied the pair residency because of sexual orientation.
- Vatican legal adviser questions pope's annulment reform Updated: Sep-09-15 11:43 am
VATICAN CITY - An adviser to the Vatican's high court has warned that Pope Francis' new reform of the church's marriage annulment process raises serious legal questions and could lead to "crises of conscience" for even happily-married Catholics.