- Husband, wife charged with running Ponzi scheme Updated: May-27-16 3:07 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A married couple from New Jersey has been charged after investigators say they ran a Ponzi scheme and used the money to buy luxury cars and jewelry.
- Arkansas court to hold hearing over birth certificates Updated: May-25-16 4:09 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court will hear oral arguments in a lawsuit over whether married same-sex couples can have the names of both spouses on their children's birth certificate without a court order.
- Police arrest young couple in Chinese student's slaying Updated: May-24-16 12:24 pm
BERLIN - German police say they have arrested a young couple on suspicion of involvement in the slaying of a Chinese student whose body was found earlier this month in the eastern town of Dessau-Rosslau with severe head injuries.
- In Cannes' hit 'Loving,' a humble love overpowers racism Updated: May-18-16 11:08 am
CANNES, France - Jeff Nichols, sitting calmly by the beach, was surprised to notice a curious lack of butterflies amid the usually anxiety-ridden premiere experience at the Cannes Film Festival. His film, "Loving," is about Richard and Mildred Loving, the Virginia couple whose biracial marriage in 1958 led to a landmark Supreme Court decision on marriage equality.
- Mexican president proposes legalizing gay marriage Updated: May-17-16 7:15 pm
MEXICO CITY - President Enrique Pena Nieto proposed to legalize same-sex marriage in Mexico on Tuesday, a move that would enshrine on a national level a Supreme Court ruling last year that it was unconstitutional for states to bar such couples from wedding.
- Man charged in deaths of couple killed in Nebraska crash Updated: May-13-16 3:04 am
WAHOO, Nebraska - An Osceola man has been charged in connection to a collision that killed an engaged couple.
- Ferndale Pride festival to offer legal same-sex marriages Updated: May-11-16 4:08 pm
FERNDALE, Michigan - Same-sex couples will be able to get legally married during ceremonies performed at an annual gay pride festival near Detroit next month.
- Italy joins rest of Europe in giving rights to gay couples Updated: May-11-16 2:51 pm
ROME - Italy joined the rest of Europe on Wednesday in giving some legal rights to gay couples after a years-long battle and opposition from the Catholic Church to anything that smacked of authorizing gay marriage.
- Missouri Senate OKs bill to up asset cap for Medicaid Updated: May-10-16 3:16 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Senators have voted to increase how much money aging, blind and disabled Missourians on Medicaid can keep in assets.
- Amazon, Microsoft: Uphold gay anti-discrimination decision Updated: May-09-16 6:07 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - Prominent Washington businesses from Amazon to Microsoft say the Washington Supreme Court should uphold a decision ordering a Richland florist to stop discriminating against same-sex couples.
- Same-sex couples become among first to adopt in Mississippi Updated: May-06-16 9:02 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Same-sex couples across Mississippi are finalizing adoptions now that the state's ban on such adoptions has ended.
- Trial delayed for Ohio couple accused of $70M Ponzi scheme Updated: May-06-16 3:27 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The trial of a married Ohio couple accused of operating a Ponzi scheme that bilked investors out of about $70 million has been pushed back until next year.
- Virginia Supreme Court recognizes gay couples in divorce law Updated: May-04-16 4:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Supreme Court of Virginia has ruled that a person doesn't need to pay alimony to a former spouse if the payee is in a new relationship with a member of the same sex.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: May-03-16 10:20 am
The Manhattan Mercury, May 2
- Oregon bakery owners file appeal in gay wedding cake case Updated: Apr-28-16 9:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon bakery owners who denied service to a same-sex couple are arguing that a state ruling ordering them to pay $135,000 in damages violates state and federal laws.