- 15,000 runners expected at Seattle Marathon on Sunday Updated: Nov-28-15 10:30 am
SEATTLE - About 15,000 participants and thousands more supporters are expected Sunday at the Seattle Marathon and half-marathon.
- IAAF clears Radcliffe, defends its blood testing program Updated: Nov-27-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - The IAAF cleared marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe of doping allegations on Friday and rejected claims that it failed to act on hundreds of suspicious blood tests, saying the accusations lacked "any scientific or legal basis."
- Olympic marathoner Shmyrko banned for doping in Ukraine Updated: Nov-25-15 9:56 am
MOSCOW - Ukrainian marathon runner Tetyana Shmyrko has been banned for four years for a doping offense.
- Boston Marathon bombing survivors brace for movies on attack Updated: Nov-25-15 12:58 am
BOSTON - Less than three years after bombs killed three people and wounded more than 260 others at the Boston Marathon, two movies, a play and an HBO documentary are in the works, causing decidedly mixed feelings among some of those most touched by the tragedy.
- Protesters occupy headquarters of Kenya athletics federation Updated: Nov-23-15 12:54 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A group of Kenyan athletes occupied the headquarters of the national track and field federation on Monday, demanding the removal of its top officials in a protest against doping and corruption.
- Deneke leads thousands to win Philadelphia Marathon Updated: Nov-22-15 8:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Teklu Deneke led thousands of runners to the finish line in this year's Philadelphia Marathon.
- Amish man runs marathon in traditional slacks and suspenders Updated: Nov-21-15 8:18 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - An Amish man turned heads as he whizzed by fellow runners at a recent marathon - not because of his speed but because of his unusual racing attire.
- Airline loses marathon bombing survivor's prosthetic leg Updated: Nov-20-15 12:23 pm
BOSTON - A professional dancer who was injured in the Boston Marathon bombing says American Airlines lost her luggage, which included her prosthetic leg.
- Roads begin to close for Philadelphia Marathon Updated: Nov-20-15 6:45 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia motorists are facing detours as the city prepares for Sunday's marathon.
- Teen falsely linked to Boston Marathon bombings speaks out Updated: Nov-06-15 12:17 pm
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - A teenager who was falsely portrayed by a newspaper as a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings says others should use their problems as motivation to be successful.
- Russia bans 5 athletes in new doping cases Updated: Nov-05-15 7:39 am
MOSCOW - The Russian athletics federation suspended five athletes Thursday, including a top marathon runner and an Olympic hammer throw finalist, just days before the publication of a major report into Russian doping.
- Trooper shot in ambush last year completes NYC marathon Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
DUNMORE, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania State Police trooper who was critically injured by a sniper during an ambush at a police barracks last year completed the New York City Marathon over the weekend.
- BAA loses bid to block company's use of 'Marathon Monday' Updated: Nov-03-15 2:59 pm
BOSTON - Most runners know "Marathon Monday" as the day the Boston Marathon is held each April.
- Missing runner, a recovering addict, found after NY marathon Updated: Nov-03-15 1:50 pm
NEW YORK - A recovering heroin addict from Italy last seen after crossing the finish line at Sunday's New York City Marathon was found Tuesday aboard a subway train, police said.
- Student put on NY Post cover after bombing to give talk Updated: Nov-02-15 3:50 am
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - A Fitchburg State University student who was featured on a newspaper cover in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing plans to talk about his experience this week at the school.
- Kenyans Stanley Biwott, Mary Keitany win NYC Marathon Updated: Nov-01-15 3:18 pm
NEW YORK - Mary Keitany once tried to win a New York City Marathon by surging to a huge lead from the start.
- McFadden sets NYC Marathon women's wheelchair course record Updated: Nov-01-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - Tatyana McFadden has shattered the New York City Marathon women's wheelchair course record in sweeping four major marathons for the third straight year.
- At 40, Keflezighi set for fast turnaround after NYC Marathon Updated: Oct-29-15 5:21 pm
NEW YORK - Meb Keflezighi's coach jokes that if the top American marathoner isn't ready for February's Olympic trials, USA Track & Field should just postpone the event.
- Team honoring Boston bombing victim to run in NYC marathon Updated: Oct-29-15 2:59 pm
BOSTON - More than 20 runners will compete in the New York City Marathon this weekend as members of a team honoring an 8-year-old boy killed in the Boston Marathon bombing.