- Los Angeles Marathon gets new sponsor Updated: Aug-27-15 5:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Marathon has a new sponsor.
- Kenya's historic win in javelin overshadowed by doping tests Updated: Aug-26-15 1:30 pm
BEIJING - Kenya made history at the world championships on Wednesday when javelin thrower Julius Yego won the first gold medal in a field event for a country renowned as a cradle of distance running.
- Russian runner wins cut in doping ban for giving evidence Updated: Aug-24-15 1:22 pm
MONTREAL - Disgraced three-time Chicago Marathon winner Liliya Shobukhova can race again after her doping ban was cut for giving evidence to help other investigations.
- Kenyans struggle, teen from Eritrea wins marathon at worlds Updated: Aug-22-15 1:47 am
BEIJING - The mighty Kenyan marathoners wilted in the heat and humidity of Beijing, with the current world-record holder dropping out late and none of them finishing anywhere near the podium - or even in the top 20, for that matter.
- Beijing pollution awaits runners at worlds, just like '08 Updated: Aug-20-15 2:11 am
BEIJING - The drifting smoke from forest fires sometimes makes it difficult for marathoner Heather Lieberg to take a deep breath during her afternoon training runs in the hills of Montana.
- Las Vegas marathon adds expo date, expands 5K race plan Updated: Aug-15-15 8:03 am
LAS VEGAS - Race organizers are announcing logistical changes ahead of the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon in mid-November.
- Cape Cod race lets runners compete virtually from treadmills Updated: Aug-14-15 8:43 pm
FALMOUTH, Massachusetts - While thousands of runners descend upon Cape Cod for the New Balance Falmouth Road Race this weekend, an additional 100 are planning to compete from the comfort of their home or gym.
- London Marathon 'very concerned' by doping claims Updated: Aug-09-15 11:42 am
London Marathon organizers complained about the lack of transparency and coordination in the handling of anti-doping tests following claims by a British Sunday newspaper that the race was won seven times over a 12-year period by athletes who recorded suspicious blood scores.
- Elite runners dropped from Athens Marathon Updated: Aug-04-15 10:17 am
ATHENS, Greece - Organizers of the Athens Marathon say the elite competition has been dropped from this year's race due to financial difficulties.