- USC's Kessler fights for an upbeat finish to career vs UCLA Updated: Nov-25-15 5:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Cody Kessler has only one game left at the Coliseum. Only one chance left to beat UCLA.
- Senators push for new Great Lakes heavy icebreaking ship Updated: Nov-21-15 4:01 am
DETROIT - Eight U.S. senators from the Great Lakes region are pushing for federal funding of a new icebreaking vessel to clear paths for winter cargo shipping.
- Kings goalie prospect faces domestic violence charges Updated: Nov-18-15 4:08 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A Los Angeles Kings goaltending prospect has been accused in New Hampshire of 12 domestic-related charges involving his girlfriend, including a felony assault charge alleging that he tried to strangle her at an apartment.
- Rangers 2B Van Hoosier suspended 50 games Updated: Nov-06-15 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Texas second baseman Evan Van Hoosier has been suspended 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a positive test for amphetamine and a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
- Miami says ACC acknowledged other blown calls at Duke Updated: Nov-05-15 6:31 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami has told season-ticket holders and donors that the Atlantic Coast Conference acknowledged "multiple incorrect calls" against the Hurricanes in last weekend's wild win over Duke, including an erroneous pass interference call on the drive where the Blue Devils scored a go-ahead touchdown.
- US Steel decides against new HQ in Penguins development Updated: Nov-05-15 4:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - United States Steel Corp. has pulled out of a deal to build its new world headquarters as part of an ongoing $440 million redevelopment of the former Civic Arena site by the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Harvey, Fielder earn Comeback Player of the Year awards Updated: Nov-05-15 11:46 am
NEW YORK - Mets pitcher Matt Harvey has won the NL Comeback Player of the Year award and Rangers designated hitter Prince Fielder has earned the AL honor.
- National Blues Museum set for St. Louis opening next spring Updated: Nov-04-15 5:03 am
ST. LOUIS - A $13 million national blues museum's debut in downtown St. Louis is now scheduled for next spring.
- No. 22 UCLA hoping for health heading down Pac-12 stretch Updated: Nov-03-15 11:29 am
LOS ANGELES - No one was happier to see UCLA freshman Nate Meadors' game-saving interception against Colorado than linebacker Jayon Brown, who played a staggering 110 snaps in last weekend's exhausting win for the No. 22 Bruins.
- Ilitches donate $40M to Wayne State for new business school Updated: Oct-30-15 7:18 pm
DETROIT - The family that owns Little Caesars Pizza, the Detroit Tigers and Red Wings has donated $40 million to build a new business school at Wayne State University, the school announced Friday.