- Not a great week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
It was not the greatest week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player.
- Senators announce $1.5M for cleanups in upstate New York Updated: May-27-16 12:32 am
ALBANY, New York - Federal officials are allocating $1.5 million to help fund six brownfield cleanup projects in upstate New York.
- Rangers seek help finding Adirondack hiker missing 6 months Updated: May-27-16 12:17 am
HORICON, New York - State forest rangers are asking seasonal residents and visitors to the Warren County town of Horicon to look for signs of an 82-year-old man who's been missing since November.
- Senators' bill would block mining in Methow Valley Updated: May-26-16 11:43 am
SEATTLE - Washington's U.S. senators have proposed a bill that would prevent mining on about 340,000 acres of public land in the Methow Valley.
- AHL signs off on Portland Pirates sale to Springfield group Updated: May-24-16 12:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A minor hockey league's governing body has approved the sale of the Portland Pirates to a group of Springfield, Massachusetts, investors.
- Senators want higher liability for Great Lakes oil spills Updated: May-22-16 1:47 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Michigan's U.S. senators want the Department of Transportation to make sure oil pipelines crossing underneath the Great Lakes are treated as "offshore" and not "onshore" to ensure the owners will have to pay the full cost of a cleanup if there is a spill.
- MLB players police unwritten rules for acceptable conduct Updated: May-16-16 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - Hall of Famer Joe Morgan knows that for more than a century, baseball players have policed themselves.
- US Senators : 12 airports to get grants for upgrades Updated: May-10-16 6:31 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Twelve Mississippi airports will benefit from more than $4.15 million in grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation to help with facility upgrades.
- The Latest: Nyquist sweeps to Derby to stay unbeaten Updated: May-07-16 7:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest from the 142th running of the Kentucky Derby from Churchill Downs. (all times local):
- Succession plan set for Ilitch-owned teams, other holdings Updated: May-06-16 5:56 am
DETROIT - Mike and Marian Ilitch say one of their sons will eventually take the helm of sports, business and entertainment holdings that include the Detroit Tigers and Red Wings, Little Caesars pizza and MotorCity Casino Hotel.
- Council votes not to sell street for potential Seattle arena Updated: May-02-16 10:55 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council on Monday voted not to vacate a stretch of road where an investor aiming to bring an NBA team to the city hopes to eventually build an arena that could house it.