- California school district sued over graduation dress code Updated: Jun-01-15 7:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Native American student sued his California school district on Monday over its refusal to let him wear an eagle feather during his high school graduation ceremony, claiming his rights to freedom of expression and religion in the state constitution are being violated.
- Powers leaving UT-Austin as diversity issues linger Updated: Jun-01-15 4:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Bill Powers won't be the University of Texas at Austin president who decides whether to keep a statue of Jefferson Davis, a tribute to the president of the Confederacy, on campus.
- Gloria Steinem to speak at Bennington commencement Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 am
BENNINGTON, Vermont - Feminism pioneer Gloria Steinem is delivering the commencement address at Bennington College.
- Notre Dame expands its business college space in Chicago Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business has expanded its space in Chicago for its graduate and executive business programs.
- Missouri veteran receives diploma after waiting 76 years Updated: May-31-15 3:55 pm
CAMERON, Missouri - A 94-year-old Missouri veteran has received his high school diploma - at last.
- 14-year-old graduating from Ohio high school with honors Updated: May-31-15 2:37 pm
SPRINGBORO, Ohio - A 14-year-old Ohio student will graduate from her high school with honors.
- Georgia 'quints' graduate from Athens-area high school Updated: May-31-15 10:04 am
BOGART, Georgia - There's no room for sibling rivalry in the Terry house.
- No rumbling from Louisa High 'earthquake' class Updated: May-30-15 11:45 am
LOUISA, Virginia - As the last Louisa County High School senior crossed the graduation stage at The Jungle on May 22, the county closed another chapter of earthquake history.
- Temple journalism graduate wins PAPME's Flamminio award Updated: May-29-15 9:04 pm
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors on Friday named Avery Maehrer, a journalism major who graduated this month from Temple University, as the winner of the $3,000 Ralph Flamminio Memorial Scholarship.
- Judge lets high school senior vandals walk at graduation Updated: May-29-15 7:06 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A Monongalia County circuit court judge granted 11 University High School seniors the ability to walk at graduation after a vandalism incident earlier this month, described as a prank in court documents.
- Ohio native to graduate at top of class at Air Force Academy Updated: May-29-15 3:50 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio native is the top graduating cadet this year at the Air Force Academy.
- Air Force Academy graduates 1 of smallest recent classes Updated: May-28-15 3:30 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force Academy has graduated one of its smallest classes in recent years.
- Lincoln University speaker cites authors without attribution Updated: May-25-15 11:44 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A motivational speaker used similar or identical phrasing from passages by Mark Twain and poet Berton Braley without attribution during her 2015 commencement speech at Missouri's Lincoln University earlier this month, according to a newspaper report.
- Redford to college graduates: World needs you; be fearless Updated: May-24-15 9:20 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Two-time Academy Award winner Robert Redford is encouraging college graduates to be fearless in a world of challenges and to become collaborators with others and the environment to overcome life's daunting difficulties.
- Kenai Christian academy graduates 1 senior Updated: May-24-15 4:57 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Wings Christian Academy, based in Kenai's Immanuel Baptist Church, held a graduation ceremony for Tyler Ophus, its sole departing senior.
- New Mexico graduating more in liberal arts than tech Updated: May-24-15 4:51 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's major universities may not be turning out graduates in science and mathematics at a rate fast enough for employers in those fields, according to recent data.
- Brown hands out 2,530 degrees at its 247th commencement Updated: May-24-15 4:24 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It was a big day for graduates of Brown University.
- New graduate fights serious illness with hope, humor Updated: May-24-15 2:17 pm
CANTON, Missouri - Now that he has graduated from Culver-Stockton College, Kegan Sill is ready to move on with hope and humor as he faces the next chapter of life with a daunting challenge.
- Arkansas graduation rates rise as students step up pace Updated: May-24-15 2:12 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The number of degree seekers at Arkansas' public universities remains steady, but those students are graduating more quickly than in the past.
- 57th graduate in long family line at school could be last Updated: May-24-15 1:01 pm
REGENT, North Dakota - A 19-year-old graduating this weekend is the last of a long family line at a small North Dakota high school - at least for the time being.
- Actor Jack Black gives commencement speech at Florida school Updated: May-24-15 11:14 am
MONTVERDE, Florida - Actor Jack Black gave some tongue-in-cheek advice to high school graduates in central Florida.
- Writer Julia Alvarez to speak at Middlebury commencement Updated: May-24-15 10:01 am
MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - Writer and National Medal of the Arts recipient Julia Alvarez is delivering Middlebury College's commencement address.
- Ala. military mom surprises son during graduation ceremony Updated: May-23-15 3:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - An Alabama military veteran surprised her son by meeting him on stage during his graduation ceremony in Tuscaloosa.
- 82-year-old woman graduates from South Pittsburg High School Updated: May-23-15 3:35 pm
SOUTH PITTSBURG, Tennessee - An 82-year-old woman was among the graduates to receive a diploma from South Pittsburg High School this week.
- Last of 6 brothers gets degree from Bowdoin College Updated: May-23-15 3:08 pm
BOWDOIN, Maine - The last of six brothers has received his degree from Bowdoin College.