- Red Bulls beat MLS-leading FC Dallas 4-0 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:31 pm
- Red Bulls acquired defender Aurelien Collin from Orlando FC Updated: Apr-29-16 6:51 pm
- Ibrahimovic scores 2 as French champion PSG routs Rennes 4-0 Updated: Apr-29-16 6:25 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored twice as French champion Paris Saint-Germain beat Rennes 4-0 on Friday to equal its record points tally for a season with three games remaining.
- Crotone promoted to Serie A for 1st time in its history Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 pm
MODENA, Italy - Crotone secured promotion to Italy's top flight for the first time in its history Friday, drawing 1-1 at Modena in Serie B to spark scenes of celebration in the Calabrian city.
- Augsburg still not safe, held 0-0 by Cologne in Bundesliga Updated: Apr-29-16 5:34 pm
BERLIN - Augsburg failed to take a decisive step toward Bundesliga safety as it was held to a goalless draw by already-safe Cologne on Friday.
- Sporting beats Eibar 2-0 to boost hopes of avoiding the drop Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 pm
GIJON, Spain - Jonathan Rodriguez scored one goal and set up another to help Sporting Gijon beat Eibar 2-0 on Friday, provisionally lifting it out of the Spanish league's relegation zone with the season reaching its close.
- Freiburg promoted, returns to Bundesliga after 1 season away Updated: Apr-29-16 4:00 pm
BERLIN - Freiburg secured an immediate return to the Bundesliga, one season after relegation to the second division, with a 2-1 win at Paderborn on Friday.
- More than 200 Boca Juniors hooligans being held in Paraguay Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - More than 200 hooligans following Argentine club Boca Juniors were detained in Paraguay for acts of vandalism at a Copa Libertadores round-of-16 match against local club Cerro Porteno.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Bellew to fight Makabu for vacant WBC cruiserweight title Updated: Apr-29-16 1:19 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Tony Bellew will fight Ilunga Makabu for the vacant WBC cruiserweight title at Everton's Goodison Park stadium on May 29.
- Ronaldo and Benzema to miss match hoping to be fit for City Updated: Apr-29-16 1:08 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid forwards Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss Saturday's league match as they try to recover from injuries in time to face Manchester City in the return leg of their Champions League semifinal.
- Sevilla's Krohn-Dehli out 7 months after knee surgery Updated: Apr-29-16 11:53 am
SEVILLE, Spain - Sevilla says midfielder Michael Krohn-Dehli will be sidelined for at least seven months after undergoing surgery on a broken left knee.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- Pochettino plans to extend Tottenham stay with new contract Updated: Apr-29-16 9:22 am
LONDON - Mauricio Pochettino plans to extend his Tottenham contract until 2021.
- FIFA appoints committee to take over Guinean federation Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA will appoint a normalization committee to take control of the Guinean soccer federation after what it called "internal wrangles" brought all competitions in the West African nation to a halt.
- Liverpool suffers late loss to Villarreal in Europa League Updated: Apr-28-16 5:58 pm
MADRID - Liverpool conceded in injury time in losing to Villarreal 1-0 in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals on Thursday.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Ex-soccer star Weah to run again for president of Liberia Updated: Apr-28-16 3:22 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Former world footballer of the year George Weah will make a second bid to become president of Liberia when current leader Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's final term ends next year.
- Season over for Tottenham's Alli after receiving 3 match ban Updated: Apr-28-16 12:28 pm
LONDON - Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli's season is over after being banned for three matches for punching an opponent.
- Dortmund captain and defender Hummels wants Bayern move Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund captain and central defender Mats Hummels has asked to be released from his contract so that he can move to Bundesliga rival Bayern Munich next season.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- APOEL earns 25th championship after 2-0 win over AEK Larnaca Updated: Apr-28-16 11:20 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - APOEL Nicosia won its 25th Cypriot league title on Thursday after beating AEK Larnaca 2-0.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.