- Mourinho raises prospect of being fired after 4th loss in 8 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:24 pm
Defending champion Chelsea fell to its fourth loss of the Premier League season on Saturday, leaving Jose Mourinho talking about the possibility of being fired.
- Chelsea crashes to fourth loss of title defense Updated: Oct-03-15 3:06 pm
LONDON - Chelsea's troubled season took another turn for the worse on Saturday when Southampton inflicted a fourth loss in eight games of Jose Mourinho's Premier League title defense.
- Lacazette gives much-needed win to Lyon in French league Updated: Oct-03-15 2:16 pm
PARIS - Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette scored his second league goal this season to give his struggling club a much-needed 1-0 win over in-form Reims on Saturday.
- Barcelona falls 2-1 to Sevilla in Spanish league Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 pm
MADRID - Barcelona lost 2-1 at struggling Sevilla on Saturday, missing the chance to take the provisional lead in the Spanish league.
- Watford draws 1-1 at Bournemouth in Premier League Updated: Oct-03-15 12:52 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Watford had both goalkeepers to thank for a point after Artur Boruc's mistake and penalty save from Heurelho Gomes helped earn the visitors a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth in the Premier League on Saturday.
- Stoke wins 1-0 at Aston Villa in Premier League Updated: Oct-03-15 12:51 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Stoke won a Premier League match away from home for the first time since February as midfielder Marko Arnautovic scored in a 1-0 victory against Aston Villa on Saturday.
- 'Gladbach beats Wolfsburg 2-0 to cap Bundesliga turnaround Updated: Oct-03-15 12:39 pm
BERLIN - Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Bundesliga runner-up Wolfsburg 2-0 at home Saturday to cap a remarkable turnaround after its dismal start to the season.
- Aguero nets 5 goals as Man City beats Newcastle 6-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:35 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero scored five goals in a 20-minute spell as Manchester City used a second-half onslaught to beat Newcastle 6-1 Saturday and provisionally reclaim top spot in the Premier League.
- Vardy helps Leicester beat Norwich 2-1 in Premier League Updated: Oct-03-15 12:16 pm
NORWICH, England - Jamie Vardy scored his seventh Premier League goal of the season Saturday to help give Leicester a 2-1 away win at Norwich.
- West Ham rescues 2-2 draw at 10-man Sunderland Updated: Oct-03-15 12:02 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Sunderland winger Jeremain Lens scored and was then sent off as West Ham rescued a 2-2 draw Saturday in the Premier League.
- Palace beats West Brom 2-0 to move 3rd in Premier League Updated: Oct-03-15 9:44 am
LONDON - Crystal Palace moved provisionally third in the Premier League on Saturday with a dominant 2-0 win over West Bromwich Albion, which fell to its first away defeat of the season.
- Saborio scores in added time; DC United secures playoff spot Updated: Oct-02-15 10:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Alvaro Saborio knocked in a loose ball from a free kick in the added time as D.C. United beat New York City 2-1 on a rainy Friday night to secure an Eastern Conference playoff spot.
- Saborio scores in extra time; DC United secures playoff spot Updated: Oct-02-15 9:15 pm
- Thongchai takes a path like no other to Presidents Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 pm
One stick took away the dreams of Thongchai Jaidee. Another stick allowed him to go places he never imagined.
- Lokomotiv Moscow apologizes for discriminatory chants Updated: Oct-02-15 2:13 pm
MOSCOW - Russian football club Lokomotiv Moscow issued an apology Friday after its fans chanted discriminatory slogans during a Europa League game.
- Lichtsteiner out for up to a month after heart procedure Updated: Oct-02-15 12:44 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner is out for up to a month after undergoing a heart procedure following breathing difficulties.
- Platini's legal woes makes FIFA election more unpredictable Updated: Oct-02-15 11:36 am
ZURICH - More than two months into Michel Platini's FIFA presidential campaign, football fans are still waiting to hear just how he plans to rebuild the governing body's reputation. He might never get the opportunity.
- Diego Costa left out of Spain squad for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 10:16 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday left Diego Costa out of the squad for the team's last two qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Doctor in Mourinho dispute criticizes FA over sexism cases Updated: Oct-02-15 10:11 am
The English Football Association is failing to tackle sexism and making life difficult for women, former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro said Friday as she broke almost two months of silence on a dispute with manager Jose Mourinho that has engulfed the club.
- Real Madrid honors Ronaldo for setting scoring record Updated: Oct-02-15 9:02 am
MADRID - Real Madrid held a special ceremony to honor Cristiano Ronaldo on Friday after he became the club's all-time leading scorer.
- Robben out, Ajax winger El-Ghazi gets 1st Dutch call-up Updated: Oct-02-15 8:28 am
AMSTERDAM - Netherlands captain Arjen Robben has not recovered sufficiently from a groin injury to play in his country's crucial final two qualifiers for next year's European Championships.
- In FIFA crisis, politicians must turn up the heat for change Updated: Oct-02-15 7:54 am
PARIS - Here's a cheery thought for those despairing of the unrelenting disaster that is FIFA. In Chinese, the word "crisis" is formed from two characters: "danger" and "opportunity." As grim as things look at the top of football, there may still be a chance to salvage a brighter future from the scorched earth of Sepp Blatter's reign.
- Portugal calls up defender Semedo for Euro qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 7:53 am
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica defender Nelson Semedo has earned his first call-up for Portugal ahead of the European Championship qualifiers against Denmark and Serbia, when Cristiano Ronaldo's team needs just one point to book its place at next year's tournament.
- Germany calls up Leverkusen keeper for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 7:05 am
BERLIN - Germany coach Joachim Loew has given Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno his first call-up for the side's final two European Championship qualifying games.
- Wenger irate with critics, threatens media with walk-out Updated: Oct-02-15 6:28 am
LONDON - Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger dismissed continued criticism of his team selection as "very, very, very, very boring" and threatened to walk out of a news conference Friday when questioned about Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.