- Madrid donates 1 million euros to refugees Updated: Sep-05-15 7:42 am
MADRID - Real Madrid is donating 1 million euros ($1.1m) to help refugees "taken in by Spain."
- Fekir faces long spell out after rupturing knee ligaments Updated: Sep-05-15 5:33 am
PARIS - Rising Lyon star Nabil Fekir faces a long spell on the sidelines after rupturing his right knee ligaments playing for France in a friendly against Portugal on Friday.
- Mexico salvages 3-3 tie with Trinidad and Tobago Updated: Sep-05-15 12:50 am
SANDY, Utah - Hector Herrera scored on a long shot in the 84th minute to help Mexico salvage a 3-3 tie with Trinidad and Tobago in an exhibition game Friday night.
- Altidore scores twice as US rallies to beat Peru 2-1 Updated: Sep-05-15 12:14 am
WASHINGTON - Jozy Altidore insists he has not recovered completely from an injury filled summer, a promising thought given his latest performance.
- FFA aware of security situation ahead of World Cup match Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia said Saturday it is hopeful that Tuesday's World Cup qualifier against Tajikistan in the capital Dushanbe will go ahead despite unrest in the city over the past several days.
- Toronto's Warner, Montreal's Cabrera suspended by MLS Updated: Sep-04-15 5:35 pm
TORONTO - Toronto FC midfielder Collen Warner and Montreal defender Victor Cabrera have received suspensions for violent play.
- France beats Portugal 1-0 in friendly; Martial makes debut Updated: Sep-04-15 5:04 pm
LISBON, Portugal - France substitute Mathieu Valbuena scored from a late free kick to snatch a 1-0 win at Portugal in a friendly on Friday.
- Robben out for 4 weeks with groin injury Updated: Sep-04-15 2:47 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has been ruled out for four weeks with a groin injury sustained while playing for the Netherlands.
- Italy's Serie B to introduce green cards for fair play Updated: Sep-04-15 1:24 pm
MILAN - Dragged down by fan violence and match-fixing in recent seasons, Italy's Serie B is introducing virtual green cards to award instances of fair play on the pitch.
- Porto wants Champions League donations to migrants Updated: Sep-04-15 1:02 pm
PORTO, Portugal - Porto wants clubs in the group stage of the lucrative Champions League to donate money from ticket sales to help thousands of migrants and refugees currently trying to enter Europe.
- Man United says Madrid 'clumsiness' at fault in De Gea spat Updated: Sep-04-15 12:42 pm
LONDON - Manchester United believes Real Madrid is trying to deflect attention from its own "clumsiness" by blaming the English club for the collapse of David de Gea's transfer.
- Rubin Kazan to fire coach after poor start to Russian league Updated: Sep-04-15 10:33 am
MOSCOW - Russian Premier League club Rubin Kazan says coach Rinat Bilyaletdinov will be fired after a poor start to the season.
- St. Pauli to play Dortmund with motto 'Refugees Welcome' Updated: Sep-04-15 10:12 am
HAMBURG, Germany - German second-division side St. Pauli has given its club friendly against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday the motto "Refugees Welcome."
- Bayern midfielder Javi Martinez supporting migrants Updated: Sep-04-15 9:25 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez has been visiting migrants at Munich train station to offer his support.
- Bale powers Wales closer to 1st tournament in 58 years Updated: Sep-03-15 5:12 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - With a late bullet-header, Gareth Bale powered Wales closer to the European Championship and ending a 58-year wait to qualify for a major tournament again.
- Chung says AFC broke election rules ahead of FIFA vote Updated: Sep-03-15 12:59 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean billionaire Chung Mong-joon has accused the Asian Football Confederation of breaking FIFA election and ethics rules by lobbying for rival candidate Michel Platini in the presidential contest.
- Villas-Boas banned 6 games in Russia for striking official Updated: Sep-03-15 12:53 pm
MOSCOW - Zenit St. Petersburg coach Andre Villas-Boas was suspended for six games by the Russian Football Union on Thursday for striking a match official.
- FIFA reforms panel makes little progress at 1st meeting Updated: Sep-03-15 10:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - A FIFA-appointed panel driving reforms of the crisis-hit governing body appeared to stall Thursday after its first outing.
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has surgery on left knee Updated: Sep-03-15 9:35 am
LONDON - Arsenal says striker Danny Welbeck will be "out for a period of months" after having surgery on his left knee.
- Bayern Munich sets up training camp for refugee children Updated: Sep-03-15 9:12 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich is to create a training camp for refugee children and adolescents while donating a further 1 million euros ($1.1 million) toward refugee projects in response to the European migrant crisis.
- Derby's American owners sell to 'Candy Crush' entrepreneur Updated: Sep-03-15 7:33 am
DERBY, England - Derby's American owners have sold the English second-tier club to a local businessman who made a fortune through the "Candy Crush Saga" mobile game.
- Toure missing as Ivory Coast launches African title defense Updated: Sep-03-15 6:26 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Ivory Coast begins the defense of its African title this weekend without Yaya Toure after the team captain asked not to be selected while he considers his international future.
- Germany midfielder Marco Reus breaks toe in left foot Updated: Sep-03-15 4:38 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Marco Reus has been ruled out of Germany's European Championship qualifiers against Poland and Scotland after breaking his big toe in his left foot.
- Chile rises in top 10 of FIFA rankings led by Argentina Updated: Sep-03-15 4:29 am
ZURICH - Copa America winner Chile rises two places to No. 8 in the FIFA rankings still led by Argentina.
- FIFA World Rankings List Updated: Sep-03-15 4:17 am
ZURICH - FIFA world rankings published Thursday (August position in parentheses):