- CONCACAF executive says organization is working with DOJ Updated: Jun-02-15 12:00 am
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - CONCACAF's acting general secretary said the organization is cooperating with the U.S. Justice Department while it investigates allegations of corruption in FIFA.
- Seattle Sounders sign Brazilian midfielder Thomas Updated: Jun-01-15 9:47 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Sounders have signed Brazilian midfielder Thomas Jaguaribe Bedinelli, who will be eligible to play immediately.
- South American official says 2016 Copa America in 'question' Updated: Jun-01-15 9:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - South American soccer's second most powerful official says the bribery scandal surrounding FIFA puts in "question" next year's Centennial Copa America tournament scheduled to be played in the United States,
- Former head of South American soccer under house arrest Updated: Jun-01-15 7:59 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A judge in Paraguay on Monday ordered house arrest for the former president of the South American Football Confederation amid a far-reaching corruption scandal at FIFA that has tarnished the image of world soccer's governing body.
- Sepp Blatter, FIFA facing more criticism this week Updated: Jun-01-15 7:42 pm
LONDON - In the House of Commons, they're calling for Sepp Blatter's head. And even inside the FIFA president's own executive committee, there is the threat of resignation.
- Report: FIFA's Valcke believed to be behind $10M payment Updated: Jun-01-15 7:09 pm
ZURICH - A report says the high-ranking FIFA official who allegedly made a $10-million payment central to a U.S. probe into soccer corruption is believed to be Sepp Blatter's right-hand man, Jerome Valcke.
- Soccer beats out baseball in game of US-Cuban detente Updated: Jun-01-15 5:14 pm
HAVANA - In a landmark act of sports diplomacy, soccer's New York Cosmos on Tuesday will become the first U.S. professional team to play in Cuba since Presidents Raul Castro and Barack Obama announced their countries would re-establish diplomatic relations.
- Hamburg avoids relegation by winning 2-1 late in Karlsruhe Updated: Jun-01-15 4:12 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Hamburger SV narrowly avoided relegation by coming from behind to beat Karlsruhe 2-1 in extra time in the Bundesliga playoff on Monday.
- Allegri: team character will help Juventus against Barcelona Updated: Jun-01-15 3:06 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri believes his team's strength of character could be the deciding factor in Saturday's Champions League final against Barcelona.
- Former SAfrican president issues denial in WCup bid scandal Updated: Jun-01-15 12:30 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Former South African President Thabo Mbeki denied his government paid bribes to secure the 2010 World Cup as the bid scandal began to encroach on the very top of the country's leadership on Monday.
- Injured Wolfsburg striker Bas Dost out of Netherlands squad Updated: Jun-01-15 10:44 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Striker Bas Dost has pulled out of the Netherlands squad with a hamstring injury, two days after scoring the final goal in Wolfsburg's 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund in the German Cup final.
- Giorgio Chiellini says he has 'no problem' with Luis Suarez Updated: Jun-01-15 10:42 am
TURIN, Italy - Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has "no problem" with Barcelona forward Luis Suarez and said Monday he will shake hands at the Champions League final when they meet for the first time since the biting incident at the World Cup.
- Coach Juergen Klopp says he is taking a sabbatical for now Updated: Jun-01-15 8:48 am
DORTMUND, Germany - Outgoing Borussia Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp has ended speculation about his immediate future and says he will take a break for now.
- Benitez arrives in Spain for talks on Real Madrid contract Updated: Jun-01-15 8:42 am
MADRID - Rafa Benitez has arrived in Spain where he is expected to sign a contract to become Real Madrid's new coach.
- Portugal makes 9 changes from its last Euro 2016 squad Updated: Jun-01-15 7:12 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal coach Fernando Santos has made nine changes to his squad from his last European Championship qualifying match, with five coming in midfield.
- Mihajlovic announces he's leaving Sampdoria amid Napoli talk Updated: Jun-01-15 6:08 am
GENOA, Italy - Sinisa Mihajlovic is stepping down as Sampdoria coach, opening up more speculation that he will replace Rafa Benitez at Napoli.
- Clement leaves Real Madrid, takes over as manager at Derby Updated: Jun-01-15 6:08 am
DERBY, England - Paul Clement has left his role as assistant coach of Real Madrid to take over as manager of second-tier English club Derby.
- Halilhodzic names 25-man Japan squad for World Cup qualifier Updated: Jun-01-15 5:02 am
TOKYO - J-League top scorer Takashi Usami and Mainz-bound forward Yoshinori Muto were among 25 players named by Japan coach Vahid Halilhodzic on Monday for this month's World Cup qualifier against Singapore and a friendly against Iraq.
- Competitive I-League struggles against Super League Updated: Jun-01-15 4:27 am
NEW DELHI - While Indian football's I-League offered fans a thrilling end to its season, there are calls for it to lift its standards if it is to hold its own against the new glitzy Indian Super League tournament and unlock the potential of a market once described by FIFA chief Sepp Blatter as a "sleeping giant."
- Brazil beats Nigeria, Germany routs Fiji at U20 World Cup Updated: Jun-01-15 2:48 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Striker Judivan scored twice as Brazil beat Nigeria 4-2 on Monday in a thrilling start to its FIFA Under-20 World Cup campaign.
- Indonesia coach Huistra calls for quick end FIFA ban Updated: Jun-01-15 1:59 am
Indonesia soccer coach Pieter Huistra has called for the government and the national association to start working together to end the international ban imposed by FIFA on Saturday which, unless overturned soon, rules the country out of qualification for the 2018 World Cup.
- Revolution draw 2-2 with Galaxy, Jermaine Jones injured Updated: May-31-15 9:56 pm
- Jermaine Jones leaves with injury, Revolution tie Galaxy 2-2 Updated: May-31-15 9:35 pm
- Barrett scores late goal, Sounders beat Red Bulls 2-1 Updated: May-31-15 8:44 pm
SEATTLE - The shot by Clint Dempsey didn't need any help going into the net. Chad Barrett wasn't taking any chances.
- Palmeiras beats Corinthians 2-0 for 1st Brazilian league win Updated: May-31-15 8:03 pm
SAO PAULO - Veteran playmaker Ze Roberto scored in first-half injury time to help Palmeiras defeat rival Corinthians 2-0 on Sunday for its first win in this year's Brazilian league.