- FIFA ethics committee bans Jerome Valcke for 12 years Updated: Feb-12-16 11:04 am
GENEVA - Jerome Valcke, Sepp Blatter's long-time right-hand man, was banned from all soccer-related activity for 12 years Friday for misconduct during his term as FIFA secretary general.
- Prosecutor: Johnson 'abused revered position' in sex case Updated: Feb-12-16 9:51 am
BRADFORD, England - English soccer player Adam Johnson "abused his revered position in society" by having sexual contact with a 15-year-old girl who "idolized" him, prosecutors said on Friday.
- Kompany in line to return for Man City after injury Updated: Feb-12-16 9:39 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is in line to play against Tottenham on Sunday for his first match this year, after recovering from a calf injury.
- Costa has broken nose, should play for Chelsea vs Newcastle Updated: Feb-12-16 8:55 am
LONDON - Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink says Diego Costa broke his nose in training but still expects the striker to be available for the English Premier League game against Newcastle on Saturday.
- English soccer set for another fan protest at Arsenal Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
Fan protests have been the theme of the week in European soccer - and there could be another on the way in the most high-profile game in the English Premier League this weekend.
- Barcelona-Real Madrid rivalry spills into Copa del Rey final Updated: Feb-12-16 7:12 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona has spilled into the Copa del Rey final, a match in which Madrid isn't even playing.
- Brisbane lead by 1 in A-League after drawing with Newcastle Updated: Feb-12-16 6:30 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Brisbane moved a point clear into first place in the A-League after veteran defender Jade North's second-half goal allowed the Roar to draw with the Newcastle Jets 2-2 on Friday.
- FIFA candidate Sheikh Salman signs human rights pledge Updated: Feb-12-16 5:15 am
MIAMI - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman says he signed a pledge written by NGOs committing the governing body, if he leads it, to tackle human rights abuses and corruption.
- Worawi hopes depend on appeal against FAT elections Updated: Feb-11-16 11:47 pm
BANGKOK - Worawi Makudi's attempts to cling onto power in Thai football depend on an appeal against this week's Football Association of Thailand elections which voted in a new president.
- FIFA candidates head to Miami to meet CONCACAF in crisis Updated: Feb-11-16 11:07 pm
The five FIFA presidential candidates meet in Miami on Friday with the election's most inscrutable voters who are deep in their own leadership race amid a financial crisis.
- Arsenal and Chivas to play July exhibition in Los Angeles Updated: Feb-11-16 6:50 pm
CARSON, California - Arsenal and Chivas will play an exhibition match in the Los Angeles area on July 31 as part of the English Premier League club's U.S. tour.
- Sevilla to face Barcelona in Copa del Rey final Updated: Feb-11-16 6:11 pm
MADRID - Sevilla will play Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final after drawing 2-2 with Celta Vigo on Thursday, advancing 6-2 on aggregate.
- Payet signs new contract with Premier League club West Ham Updated: Feb-11-16 5:39 pm
LONDON - West Ham midfielder Dimitri Payet has agreed a contract which will keep him at the club until 2021.
- Miroslav Klose makes impact in Lazio's 5-2 win over Verona Updated: Feb-11-16 4:45 pm
ROME - Miroslav Klose provided a perfect cross and Keita scored with a precise volley for a key goal in Lazio's 5-2 win over last-place Hellas Verona in Serie A on Thursday.
- Sunderland fires Adam Johnson after guilty pleas in sex case Updated: Feb-11-16 2:46 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Sunderland has fired winger Adam Johnson after he pleaded guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl at the start of his trial.
- Arsenal to play MLS All-Stars as part of 2-match US tour Updated: Feb-11-16 1:30 pm
NEW YORK - Arsenal will play Major League Soccer's All-Stars on July 28 at San Jose, California.
- Bundesliga go-ahead for video replay tests over 2 years Updated: Feb-11-16 12:45 pm
BERLIN - The German Football League (DFL) has given the go-ahead for the possible testing of video replays in the Bundesliga over a two-year pilot phase.
- FIFA candidate Ali queries Salman's role in Bahrain protests Updated: Feb-11-16 11:13 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali has questioned the role of election rival Sheikh Salman in not protecting Bahrain players who alleged abuses after pro-democracy protests in 2011.
- Man U seeks world-class stars, won't emulate Leicester plan Updated: Feb-11-16 10:51 am
LONDON - Manchester United will stick with its policy of spending heavily on world-class talent rather than trying to emulate Leicester, which has surged to the top of the Premier League with unproven players signed on the cheap.
- Hoffenheim make Nagelsmann youngest ever coach in Bundesliga Updated: Feb-11-16 9:22 am
SINSHEIM, Germany - Relegation-threatened Hoffenheim made 28-year-old Julian Nagelsmann the youngest ever coach in the Bundesliga on Thursday.
- Bordeaux suspends 2 players after dressing room altercation Updated: Feb-11-16 6:51 am
BORDEAUX, France - Bordeaux has indefinitely suspended goalkeeper Jerome Prior and center half Lamine Sane following an altercation after the 4-3 home loss to Nantes in the French Cup on Wednesday.
- West Brom beats 3rd tier Peterborough in FA Cup on penalties Updated: Feb-10-16 5:53 pm
PETERBOROUGH, England - West Bromwich Albion survived a scare to edge past third-tier Peterborough on penalties in an FA Cup replay to reach the fifth round on Wednesday.
- Bayern to host Bremen, Dortmund visit Hertha in German Cup Updated: Feb-10-16 5:27 pm
- Ibrahimovic scores 2 as PSG beats Lyon 3-0 in French Cup Updated: Feb-10-16 5:23 pm
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain beat Lyon 3-0 to reach the French Cup quarterfinals on Wednesday and remain on course to repeat its domestic treble of last season.
- Hoffenheim coach Huub Stevens resigns for health reasons Updated: Feb-10-16 5:17 pm
SINSHEIM, Germany - Huub Stevens resigned as coach of relegation-threatened Hoffenheim for health reasons on Wednesday.