- Bayern beats Olympiakos 4-0, wins Group F in Champs League Updated: Nov-24-15 5:12 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich secured first place in Group F of the Champions League by dispatching Olympiakos 4-0 on Tuesday.
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1 Updated: Nov-24-15 5:11 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored his first two goals after a two-month injury layoff and Luis Suarez netted a brace in a 6-1 rout of Roma on Tuesday as Barcelona advanced to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th consecutive season.
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb Updated: Nov-24-15 5:09 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received a Champions League lifeline on Tuesday courtesy of Alexis Sanchez's double and assistance from Bayern Munich.
- Gent keeps Champions League hopes up by winning 2-1 at Lyon Updated: Nov-24-15 5:04 pm
LYON, France - Striker Kalifa Coulibaly scored in the fifth minute of injury time as Gent won 2-1 at Lyon on Tuesday to maintain its chances of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
- Dynamo Kiev upsets FC Porto 2-0, in Champions League Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 pm
PORTO, Portugal - Dynamo Kiev upset FC Porto 2-0 on Tuesday to leave Champions League Group G wide open with one game left to play.
- Chelsea beats Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in Champions League Updated: Nov-24-15 4:58 pm
HAIFA, Israel - Chelsea remained in the hunt to advance from Champions League Group G in easing past 10-man Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 on Tuesday.
- NASL's Armada hire former US goalkeeper Tony Meola as coach Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Armada have hired former national team goalkeeper Tony Meola as coach and technical director of the North American Soccer League club.
- New York Red Bulls' Jesse Marsch voted MLS Coach of the Year Updated: Nov-24-15 3:33 pm
NEW YORK - The Red Bulls' Jesse Marsch has been voted Major League Soccer's Coach of the Year, the first to earn the honor in the two-decade history of the New York team.
- Chicago Fire of MLS hires Valjko Paunovic as coach Updated: Nov-24-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire have hired Serbian Veljko Paunovic as coach to replace the fired Frank Yallop.
- Dzyuba powers Zenit to 2-0 over Valencia in Champs League Updated: Nov-24-15 2:25 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Zenit St. Petersburg secured top spot in Group H by beating Valencia 2-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Mehmedi rescues draw for Leverkusen at BATE Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
BORISOV, Belarus - Admir Mehmedi's volley salvaged a 1-1 draw for Bayer Leverkusen away at BATE Borisov in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- PSG steps up security for Saturday's match vs. Troyes Updated: Nov-24-15 12:10 pm
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain has increased security measures for Saturday's home match against Troyes in the wake of the attacks in Paris that killed 130 people and injured hundreds more.
- French and Russian authorities to increase fan zone security Updated: Nov-24-15 9:16 am
PARIS - French and Russian authorities plan to increase security at fan zones at next year's European Championship and the 2018 World Cup following the attacks in Paris.
- Stuttgart fires coach Zorniger, names Kramny as successor Updated: Nov-24-15 8:20 am
STUTTGART, Germany - Stuttgart has fired Alexander Zorniger 13 matches into the season and named under-23 coach Juergen Kramny as his successor.
- United looking to secure Champions League knockout place Updated: Nov-24-15 7:45 am
LONDON - Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial returned to training for Manchester United on Tuesday, though the team could still be hindered by a lengthy injury list as it bids to secure a place in the last 16 of the Champions League against PSV Eindhoven.
- Fire truck alert app for drivers piloted in Michigan Updated: Nov-24-15 5:49 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Cory Hohs' idea was inspired by a close call with a Chicago fire truck on his motorcycle, but his new app, which warns drivers to the presence of emergency vehicle traffic, is being tested first in Grand Rapids.
- 'Je Suis Paris' is PSG's slogan after attacks in home city Updated: Nov-24-15 5:16 am
"Je suis Paris" will be the declaration from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday with the French capital still reeling from the attacks that left 130 people dead.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- Le Havre held 0-0 in Bradley's first game in charge Updated: Nov-23-15 6:02 pm
PARIS - Bob Bradley's first game in charge of French second-division club Le Havre ended in a 0-0 draw against Brest on Monday as the former United States coach watched his team miss a number of chances for a winning goal.
- Benitez hanging on at Real Madrid; Zinedine Zidane next? Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid fans vividly showed their dissatisfaction, frantically waving white "goodbye" handkerchiefs and loudly jeering.
- Sunderland beats Crystal Palace 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Nov-23-15 5:19 pm
LONDON - Jermain Defoe pounced on a defensive blunder to score into an open net in the 80th minute and give struggling Sunderland a 1-0 win at Crystal Palace on Monday in the Premier League.
- Perez says Real Madrid remains fully behind Benitez Updated: Nov-23-15 3:03 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted Monday that the club remains fully behind coach Rafa Benitez despite the humiliating loss to Barcelona this weekend.
- Juventus midfielder Hernanes out for 3 weeks with injury Updated: Nov-23-15 2:43 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus midfielder Hernanes will be sidelined for nearly a month with a thigh injury, ruling him out Wednesday's Champions League match at home against Manchester City.
- Toronto's Sebastian Giovinco wins MLS Newcomer of Year award Updated: Nov-23-15 1:16 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto forward Sebastian Giovinco has been voted Major League Soccer's Newcomer of the Year.