- CAS explain how Vanessa-Mae cleared of Olympic ski race fix Updated: Jul-03-15 11:45 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Pop violinist Vanessa-Mae exploited weak International Ski Federation rules and got help from Alpine race officials "smitten" by her celebrity to qualify for the Sochi Olympics, according to sport's highest court.
- Austria ski officials, Fenninger resolve latest dispute Updated: Jun-18-15 1:19 pm
VIENNA - Overall World Cup champion Anna Fenninger remained in the national team after she agreed to abide by sponsorship regulations, the Austrian ski federation said on Thursday.
- IOC members: Almaty narrows gap in 2022 race with Beijing Updated: Jun-10-15 10:57 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Almaty managed to win the attention of IOC members. The next challenge is to win their votes.
- 2010 Olympic super-G champion Andrea Fischbacher retires Updated: Jun-10-15 6:30 am
VIENNA - Austrian skier Andrea Fischbacher is retiring, ending an 11-year career highlighted by winning Olympic super-G gold in 2010.
- Bach: FIFA must go through 'painful experience' to reform Updated: Jun-08-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Saying there is "no comparison" in the scale of the IOC's Salt Lake City scandal and FIFA's corruption crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach urged soccer's governing body to take the "painful" steps needed to clean itself up and restore credibility in the organization.
- IOC approves new events for 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang Updated: Jun-08-15 12:12 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC approved new events Monday in snowboarding, Alpine skiing, speedskating and curling for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.