- A Wyoming cowboy is snow master for the Pyeongchang Olympics Updated: Feb-09-16 7:00 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Cattle rancher Tom Johnston is a Wyoming cowboy gone global who's the master of snow for Alpine skiing events at the Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Slalom champion Shiffrin returns to racing next week Updated: Feb-08-16 4:17 pm
Two months ago, Mikaela Shiffrin was just hoping to be back on skis before the snow melted.
- Lara Gut wins Super-G World Cup race, Vonn comes in 3rd Updated: Feb-07-16 8:36 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn is getting some competition for the overall World Cup title although she is still comfortably ahead.
- Janka wins super-G at 2018 Olympics test by large margin Updated: Feb-07-16 1:20 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Former overall World Cup champion Carlo Janka won the super-G test event for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics by a large margin Sunday, while several pre-race favorites failed to finish their runs.
- Austrian police: 5 skiers killed in 'massive' avalanche Updated: Feb-06-16 12:40 pm
BERLIN - Five people were killed Saturday when a "massive" avalanche in the Austrian Alps struck skiers from the Czech Republic taking part in a freeriding camp, police said.
- Wind whisperer: US skier Nyman 3rd in Olympic downhill test Updated: Feb-06-16 9:23 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Steven Nyman couldn't have picked a better place to post his first podium result of the season: on the downhill course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Lindsey Vonn wins women's World Cup downhill Updated: Feb-06-16 9:12 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn is feeling very much at home in this southern German resort, on and off the hill.
- Holy trees spark debate on future of Olympic downhill course Updated: Feb-05-16 10:45 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - The long-term future of the downhill course for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics is coming under the spotlight this weekend at the Alpine skiing test event for the games.
- Weibrecht competes in Pyeongchang as wife goes into labor Updated: Feb-04-16 12:12 pm
JEONGSEON, South Korea - With his wife about to give birth back home in Lake Placid, New York, American skier Andrew Weibrecht felt conflicted about traveling to Asia to test the downhill and super-G course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Lindsey Vonn has complaints about downhill course Updated: Feb-04-16 8:22 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn left the finish area with plenty of complaints about the state of the Kandahar course and thinking she still had the fastest time in Thursday's training for a World Cup downhill.
- 'No slow motion needed' on tame Pyeongchang downhill course Updated: Feb-04-16 3:45 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - No super-steep gradients, no rock-hard ice, no death-defying speeds.
- Jansrud leads downhill training at Pyeongchang test event Updated: Feb-04-16 12:20 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Kjetil Jansrud led the opening training session for a World Cup downhill on the course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Olympic champion Ted Ligety injures knee in training crash Updated: Jan-27-16 5:34 pm
Olympic and world giant slalom champion Ted Ligety flew past a gate in a training session Wednesday, when he suddenly spun around and landed hard on his side.
- Austrian skier Reichelt plans return a week after bad crash Updated: Jan-27-16 9:40 am
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Austrian skier Hannes Reichelt is planning to compete in a World Cup downhill on Saturday, a week after sustaining bruises and a mild concussion in a crash at the classic race in Kitzbuehel.
- Kristoffersen beats Hirscher again in World Cup slalom Updated: Jan-26-16 5:11 pm
SCHLADMING, Austria - Henrik Kristoffersen of Norway won his sixth slalom in a stellar World Cup season, matching a feat previously achieved only by three of the biggest names in ski racing history.
- Svindal out for season: Bad crashes on Streif spark debate Updated: Jan-23-16 3:12 pm
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Aksel Lund Svindal had all eyes on him once more after a World Cup downhill on Saturday, but this time not for the reason he wanted.
- Streif downhill called off after 30 starters, Fill wins Updated: Jan-23-16 1:13 pm
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal sustained a season-ending knee injury in a dramatic men's World Cup downhill, which was called off because of poor visibility after three serious crashes among only 30 starters on Saturday.
- Bill Johnson, brash Olympic downhill champion, dies at 55 Updated: Jan-22-16 1:47 pm
Bill Johnson craved speed - the faster, the better. He stole cars as a kid, got in trouble for it and was ordered by a judge to make a choice: Ski school or jail.
- Back in Cortina, Vonn has more records within reach Updated: Jan-22-16 1:00 pm
CORTINA D'AMPEZZO, Italy - When it comes to records and milestones, Cortina d'Ampezzo holds a special place in Lindsey Vonn's sparkling career.
- Svindal wins World Cup super-G for 7th victory of season Updated: Jan-22-16 11:46 am
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Aksel Lund Svindal mastered a tricky super-G course Friday to extend Norway's World Cup winning streak to five races, and Alexis Pinturault of France won the combined event for the third straight year.
- AP Interview: Davos chief says Europe, oil among worries Updated: Jan-19-16 7:26 am
DAVOS, Switzerland - As leaders from the world of politics and business arrive Tuesday in droves for the start of the World Economic Forum in the Swiss ski resort of Davos, the event's founder is in somber mood.
- Olympic official confident for Alpine test races in S Korea Updated: Jan-17-16 1:55 pm
WENGEN, Switzerland - Olympic course designer Bernhard Russi has "full confidence" that men's Alpine World Cup racers will go to South Korea next month for a 2018 Pyeongchang Games test event that was in doubt.
- Viktoria Rebensurg of Germany wins women's giant slalom Updated: Jan-17-16 8:01 am
FLACHAU, Austria - Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany mastered tough conditions to come from behind and win her first World Cup giant slalom race in more than three years on Sunday.
- Veronika Velez Zuzulova wins women's World Cup night slalom Updated: Jan-15-16 2:29 pm
FLACHAU, Austria - Veronika Velez Zuzulova of Slovakia won her second straight World Cup night slalom on Friday with a blistering second run.
- Jansrud edges Svindal for Norway 1-2 in World Cup combined Updated: Jan-15-16 10:46 am
WENGEN, Switzerland - Norway keeps racing toward a historically successful World Cup season.