- Tonalist rallies to take Aqueduct's Cigar Mile Updated: Nov-28-15 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - Tonalist rallied down the center of the track to beat stablemate Red Vine by a neck Saturday in the $500,000 Cigar Mile at Aqueduct.
- Effinex wins Grade 1 Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Updated: Nov-27-15 7:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Effinex, the runner-up to Triple Crown winner American Pharaoh last month in the Breeders' Cup Classic, won the 141st running of the Grade 1 Clark Handicap by three-quarters of a length Friday at Churchill Downs.
- Celebrity chef Bobby Flay on racing Hall of Fame board Updated: Nov-24-15 3:06 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Celebrity chef and thoroughbred horse owner Bobby Flay has been appointed to the board of trustees of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
- Military, veterans get in free at Churchill Downs, museum Updated: Nov-09-15 5:01 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Veterans and active duty military personnel are invited to visit the Kentucky Derby Museum and Churchill Downs free of charge on Wednesday in honor of Veterans Day.
- American Pharoah draws best Breeders' Cup rating in 20 years Updated: Nov-03-15 4:03 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Triple Crown winner American Pharoah's last race drew the highest television rating in two decades for the Breeders' Cup telecast.
- American Pharoah leaves his multitude of fans for stud life Updated: Nov-01-15 1:23 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Bob Baffert began his final full day as American Pharoah's trainer by walking the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup Classic winner into the middle of an adoring crowd outside his Keeneland barn.
- American Pharoah wins Breeders' Cup Classic in final race Updated: Oct-31-15 7:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Hail and farewell, American Pharoah.
- Nyquist rallies to win Breeders' Cup Juvenile at Keeneland Updated: Oct-31-15 4:58 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - J. Paul Reddam didn't mince words about his expectations for Nyquist after the colt's rally for a half-length victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
- The Latest: Tepin wins Breeders' Cup Mile Updated: Oct-31-15 4:04 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The latest on the Breeders' Cup, in which Triple Crown winner American Pharoah races for the last time before retiring (all times EDT):
- Mongolia earns 1st victory at Breeders' Cup horse race Updated: Oct-31-15 2:33 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Mongolia made a splash at the Breeders' Cup when a longshot horse with an owner and trainer from the central Asian nation won the $1 million Turf Sprint at Keeneland on Saturday.
- Smooth Roller scratched from Breeders' Cup Classic Updated: Oct-31-15 10:30 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Smooth Roller has been scratched from the Breeders' Cup Classic, leaving seven horses to challenge Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
- Stopchargingmaria survives drama, wins Breeders' Cup Distaff Updated: Oct-30-15 7:20 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Stopchargingmaria won the $2 million Breeders' Cup Distaff by a neck, giving trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey Javier Castellano their second victories Friday on the opening day of the world championships at Keeneland.
- Keeneland hosts Breeders' Cup championships for first time Updated: Oct-30-15 7:18 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Keeneland is 75 miles east of the famous Twin Spires at Churchill Downs, and the little track always seems to operate in the shadows of the home of horse racing's crown jewel.
- Another strong European contingent in Breeders' Cup Updated: Oct-29-15 3:38 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Golden Horn heads another strong contingent of European horses in the Breeders' Cup this weekend at Keeneland.