- Hutchinson names 2, promotes 2 at Arkansas Racing Commission Updated: May-26-16 7:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson has named two people to the Arkansas Racing Commission and moved two others into leadership roles with the panel.
- Gift Box rallies in comeback to take Belmont Park feature Updated: May-26-16 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - Gift Box made a sharp comeback to win the $77,000 allowance feature for 3-year-olds on Thursday at Belmont Park.
- Bull Hancock, William Woodward elected to racing Hall Updated: May-25-16 3:05 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Arthur B. "Bull" Hancock Jr. and William Woodward Sr., prominent thoroughbred breeders and owners, have been elected to racing's Hall of Fame in the Pillars of the Turf category.
- Derby winner Nyquist is sick and won't run in Belmont Updated: May-24-16 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - So much for a rematch in the Belmont Stakes.
- No exaggeration, NBC Preakness ratings up over last year Updated: May-24-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Exaggerator's victory over Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist in the Preakness was watched on NBC by an average of more than 9.4 million people, a 6 percent increase over American Pharoah's victory last year in the second leg of the Triple Crown.
- Derby winner Nyquist's trip to Belmont delayed by fever Updated: May-23-16 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - Two days after the first loss of his career, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist has developed a slight fever, leaving plans temporarily on hold for a rematch with Preakness winner Exaggerator in the Belmont Stakes.
- Preakness win behind them, Desormeauxs prepare for Belmont Updated: May-22-16 12:30 pm
BALTIMORE - Bonded by their prowess for getting the most out of race horses, siblings Keith and Kent Desormeaux have a relationship that can best be described as professional.
- Nebraska sculpting couple combine love of art, horse racing Updated: May-22-16 11:12 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - Artists Del and Martha Pettigrew of Kearney have combined horse racing and art for their careers.
- No kidding: Exaggerator beats Nyquist in Preakness Updated: May-22-16 12:00 am
BALTIMORE - Despite the fog, the rain and an undefeated Kentucky Derby winner to contend with, Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux knew the best route to the Preakness winner's circle with Exaggerator - stay inside and wait.
- Owners of Barbaro suffer another loss on Preakness day Updated: May-21-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Ten years after Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro tragically broke down at the start of the Preakness, the owners of the popular colt watched another horse they bred die during a race on a rainy Saturday at Pimlico Race Course.
- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Trainer Bob Baffert wins 2 stakes on Preakness undercard Updated: May-21-16 6:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert won a pair of 3-year-old stakes on the Preakness undercard Saturday at rainy and foggy Pimlico.
- Former lawmaker, longtime horseman Fred Bradley dies Updated: May-21-16 2:00 pm
Fred Bradley, a former Kentucky lawmaker and longtime thoroughbred breeder whose stakes winners included champion female sprinter Groupie Doll, has died. He was 85.
- Rain, rain likely not going away for Preakness at Pimlico Updated: May-21-16 10:53 am
BALTIMORE - A steady rain soaked Pimlico Race Course on Saturday morning, and the forecast for the rest of the way was anything but sunny on Preakness Day.
- Preakness 2016: Everyone loves Nyquist, even his rivals Updated: May-20-16 8:20 am
BALTIMORE - Everyone loves Nyquist.
- All 12 slots taken for world's richest race at Gulfstream Updated: May-19-16 4:52 pm
BALTIMORE - All 12 spots have been sold for next year's inaugural $12 million Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park - the world's richest horse race.
- Sizing up the field for the 141st running of Preakness Updated: May-19-16 2:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position, with trainer, jockey, analysis, morning-line odds):
- Derby winner Nyquist draws No. 3 post as Preakness favorite Updated: May-18-16 6:56 pm
BALTIMORE - Doug O'Neill couldn't have done any better if he picked Nyquist's post position himself.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: May-18-16 5:17 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Photographer's notebook recovered after St. Helens eruptions Updated: May-18-16 4:28 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Columbian photographer Reid Blackburn made a slight revision to the cover of his notebook that explained his role on Mount St. Helens 36 years ago.
- Bob Baffert looks for Preakness upset with Collected Updated: May-18-16 1:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert hopes Collected will deliver more than another "opening act" in the Preakness on Saturday at Pimlico.
- Preakness 2016: How well do you know its history? Updated: May-17-16 2:30 am
BALTIMORE - How well do you know the history of the Preakness? Try this quiz:
- New CEO of Grand Island racetrack sees up, downs in 2016 Updated: May-14-16 10:43 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Bruce Swihart was thrown right into the fire in his first year as CEO at Fonner Park.
- Back in Baltimore, O'Neill eyes Preakness rerun with Nyquist Updated: May-12-16 2:22 pm
BALTIMORE - The last time trainer Doug O'Neill brought a Kentucky Derby winner to Baltimore he did much more than merely prepare I'll Have Another for the Preakness.
- Gulfstream plans $12 million Pegasus World Cup for Jan. 28 Updated: May-11-16 6:08 pm
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - What would be the world's richest thoroughbred race is being planned for early next year at Gulfstream Park.