- Forward Bickell clears waivers, remains with Blackhawks Updated: Oct-03-15 1:48 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell has cleared waivers and will remain with the Stanley Cup champions for now.
- NHL 2015-16: Sabres coming off summer of radical changes Updated: Oct-03-15 3:21 am
Buffalo Sabres general manager Tim Murray jokes he could have secured his long-term job security by selling owner Terry Pegula on a five-year plan to rebuild the team solely through the draft.
- Red Wings beat Maple Leafs 4-2 in Babcock's return Updated: Oct-03-15 12:25 am
Henrik Zetterberg broke a tie at 3:57 of the third period and the Detroit Red Wings went on to a 4-2 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs in an exhibition game Friday night, spoiling Mike Babcock's return to Detroit.
- Red Wings reach deal with 1st-round pick Svechnikov Updated: Oct-02-15 8:56 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have agreed to terms with first-round draft pick Evgeny Svechnikov on a three-year entry-level contract.
- Rangers put Diaz, Megna on waivers in getting roster to 23 Updated: Oct-02-15 6:31 pm
GREENBURGH, N.Y - The New York Rangers have waived defenseman Raphael Diaz and forward Jayson Megna in reducing their roster to 23 players.
- Red Wings' DeKeyser out 3-4 weeks with injured left foot Updated: Oct-02-15 4:16 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings will start the season without a key defenseman.
- Season approaches, grind looming for NHL's goaltenders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The speculation started even before the Nashville Predators lost in the Western Conference quarterfinals last season, that goaltender Pekka Rinne was working a bit too much during the regular season and he was going to be worn out for the games that matter most.
- Wild claim left wing Chris Porter off waivers Updated: Oct-01-15 4:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild have claimed left wing Chris Porter off waivers from Philadelphia.
- Bruins' D Chara back on skates, Seidenberg still recovering Updated: Oct-01-15 4:02 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara is already in midseason form when it comes to talking - or not talking - about injuries.
- Bruins owner Jacobs talks pros, cons of NHL expansion Updated: Oct-01-15 3:06 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs says both groups hoping to land an NHL expansion team made impressive presentations at the recent league meetings.
- Impaired driving case for Sabres' O'Reilly pushed back Updated: Oct-01-15 11:45 am
LONDON, Ontario - The impaired driving case involving Buffalo Sabres forward Ryan O'Reilly has been adjourned until Oct. 22.
- Oilers' Eberle out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury Updated: Sep-30-15 2:44 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers said that forward Jordan Eberle will miss four to six weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Judge rules against Guy Lafleur in civil suit Updated: Sep-30-15 12:43 pm
MONTREAL - A Quebec Superior Court justice has ruled against Montreal Canadiens great Guy Lafleur in his $2.16 million civil suit against police and the Crown over a 2008 arrest.
- Home of cult classic "Slap Shot" revels in NHL spotlight Updated: Sep-30-15 2:37 am
JOHNSTOWN, Pennsylvania - The Charlestown Chiefs never had it so good. The Hanson brothers either, for that matter.
- Sens sign defenseman Fraser to a 1-year, 2-way contract Updated: Sep-28-15 6:25 pm
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators have signed defenseman Mark Fraser to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Las Vegas, Quebec City set to take step in NHL expansion bid Updated: Sep-28-15 3:12 pm
Las Vegas and Quebec City are moving closer in their bids to land a NHL franchise.
- Leafs send 1st-round pick Marner to Ontario Hockey League Updated: Sep-27-15 5:12 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs reassigned first-round pick Mitch Marner to the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League on Sunday.
- Pac-12 after dark horrors for No. 13 Oregon, No. 16 Arizona Updated: Sep-27-15 2:08 am
Pac-12 after dark was a horror show for No. 13 Oregon and No. 16 Arizona as No.18 Utah and No. 9 UCLA turned the only games matching ranked teams on Saturday into routs.
- Blackhawks, Seabrook agree to 8-year extension Updated: Sep-26-15 11:31 pm
CHICAGO - The defending champion Chicago Blackhawks and defenseman Brent Seabrook have agreed to an eight-year contract extension through the 2023-24 season.
- Dupuis, Maatta set to reclaim positions with Penguins Updated: Sep-26-15 3:25 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pascal Dupuis and Olli Maatta are set to reclaim their positions with the Pittsburgh Penguins after significant medical issues last season.
- Prosecutor in Kane case says accuser's mom lied about bag Updated: Sep-25-15 1:22 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The prosecutor overseeing the sexual assault investigation of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane says the accuser's mother lied about finding an evidence bag in her doorway.
- Maple Leafs banking on $50M investment in coach Mike Babcock Updated: Sep-25-15 10:33 am
TORONTO - Mike Babcock slid a yellow legal pad to the right side of the desk in his modest, windowless office, put his head down and wrote down a phrase he had just heard without saying a word.
- Montreal women's hockey team now Canadiennes Updated: Sep-24-15 7:59 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal's women's hockey team is now the Canadiennes.
- Minnesota Wild return to ice with stalwart Dubnyk in goal Updated: Sep-23-15 5:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - When Devan Dubnyk arrived last winter, the Minnesota Wild were drifting. His NHL career, too, had taken on a nomadic tone.
- Stamkos focused on Lightning success, not contract talks Updated: Sep-23-15 5:16 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Steven Stamkos insists he's focused on trying to help the Tampa Bay Lightning win the Stanley Cup, not his future with the defending Eastern Conference champions.