- Stanley Cup Final turns into reunion for Sharks' Paul Martin Updated: May-30-16 2:15 am
SAN JOSE, California - Back when the playoffs started nearly seven weeks ago, San Jose Sharks defenseman Paul Martin wondered what it would be like to play his old teammates in Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Stanley Cup Capsule Updated: May-29-16 6:46 pm
- Long road to Cup Final ends for rebuilt Sharks and Penguins Updated: May-29-16 6:44 pm
- Reliable Kimbrel gives up 2-run lead in Blue Jays rally Updated: May-28-16 7:12 pm
TORONTO - On his 28th birthday, usually reliable Boston Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel was perfectly positioned to kick off the celebrations with his first win of the season on Saturday.
- Creative Rutherford, blunt Sullivan key Penguins' turnaround Updated: May-28-16 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The door closed and Mike Sullivan started to talk. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, the Pittsburgh Penguins coach laid out for rookie goaltender Matt Murray why veteran Marc-Andre Fleury was starting Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals even though Murray's rapid maturation was one of the reasons Pittsburgh found itself two wins from a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Offseason moves send Sharks to final after missing playoffs Updated: May-28-16 3:56 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After watching the San Jose Sharks miss the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade, general manager Doug Wilson set out to remake the team last offseason.
- Steven Stamkos says he'd like to remain with Lightning Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Steven Stamkos hopes he hasn't played his last game for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Not a great week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
It was not the greatest week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player.
- Canucks Sports and Entertainment names Jeff Stipec COO Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Canucks Sports and Entertainment said Friday that Jeff Stipec is the new chief operating officer of the company that operates the NHL's Vancouver Canucks and Rogers Arena.
- Devils sign French defenseman Yohann Auvitu Updated: May-27-16 5:42 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils signed French defenseman Yohann Auvitu to a one-year, two-way, entry-level contract Friday.
- Sharks stars Thornton, Marleau finally reach 1st Cup final Updated: May-27-16 5:30 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau have been linked ever since they went one-two in the 1997 NHL draft to Boston and San Jose.
- NBC Sports switches up TV schedule for Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - NBC Sports is switching up its broadcast schedule for the Stanley Cup Final.
- Voynov named to Russian roster, status for World Cup unclear Updated: May-27-16 11:19 am
Former Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is no sure thing to play in the World Cup of Hockey despite being named to Russia's final roster on Friday.
- In disarray in December, resilient Pittsburgh in Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 2:20 am
PITTSBURGH - During his first day on the job in mid-December, Mike Sullivan looked around the Pittsburgh Penguins' dressing room and saw a couple of MVPs, a handful of All-Stars and millionaires in abundance.
- Senators announce $1.5M for cleanups in upstate New York Updated: May-27-16 12:32 am
ALBANY, New York - Federal officials are allocating $1.5 million to help fund six brownfield cleanup projects in upstate New York.
- Penguins top Lightning 2-1 to advance to Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 12:31 am
PITTSBURGH - The hours before the biggest game of Bryan Rust's life were restless. The nap he tried to sneak in never materialized. The Pittsburgh Penguins forward's mind was simply too busy.
- Rangers seek help finding Adirondack hiker missing 6 months Updated: May-27-16 12:17 am
HORICON, New York - State forest rangers are asking seasonal residents and visitors to the Warren County town of Horicon to look for signs of an 82-year-old man who's been missing since November.
- Senators defenseman Chris Phillips announces retirement Updated: May-26-16 9:21 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips is closing out his career with the only NHL team he has ever known.
- Stamkos returns for Lightning in Game 7 against Penguins Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - Tampa Bay Lightning captain Steven Stamkos picked an interesting time to make his 2016 playoff debut.
- Wild's Parise rehabbing back injury without surgery Updated: May-26-16 6:01 pm
EDINA, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild left wing Zach Parise has been rehabilitating his back injury without surgery, putting him on track to be at full strength by September.
- 2 long series wins might have exhausted Blues Updated: May-26-16 3:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - A pair of seven-game series wins might have taken a toll on the St. Louis Blues.
- Buffalo Sabres sign Karabacek, 2014 2nd-round draft pick Updated: May-26-16 2:00 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have signed prospect forward Vaclav Karabacek to a three-year entry-level contract.
- Clemson adds athletic administrators Updated: May-26-16 1:39 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has hired former Georgia Tech tickets sales director Owen Godfrey and an ex-official for the Pittsburgh Penguins arena, Jason Lazar, to run renovated Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Senators' bill would block mining in Methow Valley Updated: May-26-16 11:43 am
SEATTLE - Washington's U.S. senators have proposed a bill that would prevent mining on about 340,000 acres of public land in the Methow Valley.
- Sharks head to 1st Cup final after 5-2 win over Blues Updated: May-26-16 2:30 am
SAN JOSE, California - Two years after their most devastating playoff loss, the San Jose Sharks held their most meaningful celebration.