- Site, funding unresolved in Las Vegas NFL stadium plan Updated: May-26-16 3:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - A site for a proposed 65,000-seat stadium in Las Vegas is in question, and funding formulas are still being worked out for a project that could cost up to $1.6 billion with about half paid for by hotel room tax money.
- Texas high school football title games back at Cowboys' home Updated: May-26-16 3:10 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas high school football championship games are returning to the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys after being held in Houston last year.
- Ravens forfeit 1 week of workouts Updated: May-26-16 2:11 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - The Baltimore Ravens have forfeited one week of offseason practices for violating the labor agreement on such workouts.
- The Latest: Wall Street shares AC's casino expansion concern Updated: May-26-16 11:15 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on the debate over expanding casinos into northern New Jersey, near New York City (all times local):
- Statewide campaign launched to recruit foster parents Updated: May-26-16 8:25 am
MILWAUKEE - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Ty Montgomery is helping to promote the need for foster parents across Wisconsin.
- Brees 'not stressing' about a lack of an extension Updated: May-25-16 10:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints star quarterback Drew Brees says he's "not stressing" about a recent lack of progress on a possible contract extension with New Orleans and said he'll approach this season the same way whether he gets a new deal or not.
- Jets' Richardson: 'positive vibes' about possible suspension Updated: May-25-16 7:27 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Sheldon Richardson is preparing to play at the start of the season, even if the NFL might have other plans for him.
- Romo feels young again coming off twice-broken collarbone Updated: May-25-16 7:16 pm
IRVING, Texas - Tony Romo isn't sure how to define young.
- Patriots join 'Deflategate' fight in court for the 1st time Updated: May-25-16 6:41 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots joined the latest "Deflategate" appeal to support Tom Brady on Wednesday, taking sides with their star quarterback in court for the first time in his fight against the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Bad week in Buffalo: from injuries to apologies Updated: May-25-16 6:33 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Coach Rex Ryan stepped to the podium and immediately proclaimed the Buffalo Bills are "a zillion miles ahead" of where they were last year.
- WR DeSean Jackson a no-show at Redskins' 1st voluntary OTAs Updated: May-25-16 6:33 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - DeSean Jackson isn't taking part in voluntary team workouts, and the Washington Redskins don't seem to care.
- A year after discontent, Adrian Peterson happy in Minnesota Updated: May-25-16 6:18 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - It was a year ago and the circus was swirling around Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.
- Titans claim tight end Cunningham off waivers from Jets Updated: May-25-16 6:14 pm
- Broncos' C.J. Anderson not bothered by bold Devontae Booker Updated: May-25-16 6:13 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - C.J. Anderson has the big bucks. Devontae Booker has the bravado.
- White looks to deliver for Bears after sitting rookie year Updated: May-25-16 4:52 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The Chicago Bears envisioned Kevin White forming a dynamic tandem with Alshon Jeffery when they drafted the receiver with the No. 7 pick last year.
- Smith steps back in for Jets with Fitzpatrick still unsigned Updated: May-25-16 4:50 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Geno Smith has never doubted himself or lacked confidence in his abilities.
- Graduate transfer QB Davis Webb enrolls at California Updated: May-25-16 4:42 pm
BERKELEY, California - Graduate transfer quarterback Davis Webb has officially joined California, giving the Golden Bears an experienced option to replace No. 1 overall NFL draft pick Jared Goff.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Bills GM clarifies comment over whether NFL's fit for humans Updated: May-25-16 2:39 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley acknowledges he used "a poor choice of words" when referring to football being a violent game that he personally didn't think was intended to be played by humans.
- NFL doctor sends strong response to House report Updated: May-24-16 11:10 pm
SEATTLE - The co-chairman of the NFL's head, neck and spine committee has sent a letter to Congress stressing that he was not contacted by a committee handling a report during a government study on the link between football and brain disease.
- Football coach Switzer to attend North Dakota oil expo Updated: May-24-16 7:41 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Former University of Oklahoma and Dallas Cowboys football coach Barry Switzer is slated to attend North Dakota's oil expo and conference in Bismarck.
- Mark Sanchez a surprise participant in Broncos OTAs Updated: May-24-16 7:31 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Mark Sanchez wasn't about to let a weight room mishap keep him from running the Denver Broncos' offense when the Super Bowl champs began OTAs.
- 49ers CEO pledges money to support repeal of transgender law Updated: May-24-16 7:25 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York pledged $75,000 to the Equality North Carolina Foundation, an organization which is backing a repeal of a law he believes discriminates.
- Steelers RB Bell believes Bengals targeted him Updated: May-24-16 7:07 pm
PITTSBURGH - Le'Veon Bell considers the first injury of his NFL career - a sprained foot in a preseason game three years ago - a freak accident.
- Packers RB Lacy feeling lighter, better after workouts Updated: May-24-16 6:22 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - With less weight and more burst, Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy is feeling good.