- Police: Ex-NFL player assaults man on Ohio golf course Updated: May-06-16 2:24 am
HIGHLAND HILLS, Ohio - A former Cleveland Browns player who had his sentencing delayed in an embezzlement case while he participates in a concussion study is now being accused of assaulting a man at a golf course over a loud radio.
- After court setback, estranged Benson heirs not giving up Updated: May-05-16 10:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The estranged daughter and grandchildren of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson say they won't abandon their effort to prove their patriarch has been manipulated into appointing his third wife the sole heir to his sports empire.
- Will Smith's widow accepts his posthumous degree in Miami Updated: May-05-16 10:19 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The widow of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith accepted his degree from the University of Miami on Thursday, nearly a month after he was shot and killed.
- Jets sign 3 draft picks, waive WR Anderson Updated: May-05-16 9:50 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets signed cornerback Juston Burris, offensive tackle Brandon Shell and punter Lachlan Edwards, three of their seven draft picks, and waived Joe Anderson, the wide receiver who made headlines by standing outside Houston's stadium with a sign looking for an NFL job last season.
- Colts sign 4 more draft picks on eve of rookie mini-camp Updated: May-05-16 9:22 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts signed four more draft picks Thursday, one day before rookie minicamp opens.
- Beast Mode goes silent as Seattle puts Lynch on retired list Updated: May-05-16 9:00 pm
RENTON, Washington - Beast Mode is in retirement mode.
- Tale of 2 Cardinals: Boehm could start, Williams needs work Updated: May-05-16 8:12 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Fourth-round draft pick Evan Boehm could start right away at center for the Arizona Cardinals. Third-rounder Brandon Williams might take a bit longer. After all, he's only played one season at cornerback, one of the most challenging positions in football.
- Falcons become first NFL team to sign all draft picks Updated: May-05-16 8:09 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - One day after becoming the first team to agree to terms with its first-round draft pick, the Atlanta Falcons have become the first team to sign all their selections.
- AP Source: Chiefs reach deal with 2nd-round pick Chris Jones Updated: May-05-16 7:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs and second-round draft pick Chris Jones have agreed to terms on a contract, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Thursday.
- Jaguars sign 6th-round picks Allen, Holmes to contracts Updated: May-05-16 6:25 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed both of their sixth-round draft picks, quarterback Brandon Allen and defensive end Tyrone Holmes.
- NFL prospect charged with tampering after bar shooting Updated: May-05-16 6:23 pm
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - A former Arizona State linebacker who was set to join the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent has been charged with tampering with evidence after a fatal shooting outside a suburban Cleveland bar.
- NHL, Oilers, Flames each donating $100,000 to Fort McMurray Updated: May-05-16 6:16 pm
- Lions sign WR Andre Caldwell Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed free agent wide receiver Andre Caldwell.
- Secretary of Navy backs Reynolds' NFL bid with Ravens Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Secretary of the Navy hopes to see Keenan Reynolds immediately pursue a career in the NFL.
- Once thought fragile, Redskins TE Reed gets 5-year extension Updated: May-05-16 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Jordan Reed's route-running and pass-catching skills have never been in doubt - just his durability.
- Falcons' rookie free agents include Georgia's Dawson, Mayes Updated: May-05-16 1:47 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with 22 college free agents, including Georgia defensive linemen Josh Dawson and Chris Mayes.
- Tackle Mike Adams among 3 cut by Steelers Updated: May-05-16 1:33 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers released offensive tackle Mike Adams on Thursday, ending the former second-round pick's tumultuous tenure with the team.
- Ole Miss coach was 'shocked' by Tunsil comments at NFL draft Updated: May-05-16 1:10 pm
Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze was surprised by former Rebels offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil's statement at the NFL draft that he accepted money from a coach while at the school.
- Buffalo Bills buy land to expand practice field Updated: May-05-16 12:43 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills will be getting more room for practice.
- Manziel silent outside court after hearing in domestic case Updated: May-05-16 12:38 pm
DALLAS - Johnny Manziel waded through a crowd of reporters after his first court appearance in a domestic violence case Thursday, ignoring questions and even an autograph request.
- Titans hire Ryan Cowden as director of player personnel Updated: May-05-16 12:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have hired Ryan Cowden as their director of player personnel.
- Giants waive tight end Cunningham and safety Kinne Updated: May-05-16 10:45 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have waived tight end Jerome Cunningham and safety G.J. Kinne.
- Colts sign 1st-round pick Ryan Kelly Updated: May-04-16 10:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts signed first-round draft pick Ryan Kelly on Wednesday.
- Cowboys will re-create ring of honor at new headquarters Updated: May-04-16 9:03 pm
FRISCO, Texas - The new headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys will have a re-creation of the team's ring of honor that will include cleat prints of Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson 50 yards apart - the length of their famous touchdown play in a 1975 playoff game.
- Nyquist draws No. 13 post as early 3-1 Kentucky Derby fav Updated: May-04-16 6:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doug O'Neill was all smiles after early 3-1 favorite Nyquist drew the No. 13 post for the 142nd Kentucky Derby.