- Column: Daily fantasy contests in trouble without regulation Updated: Oct-06-15 5:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - The incessant commercials promising big money and fun times were by themselves enough to sour millions of Americans on the idea of betting on daily fantasy sports.
- Will quarterbacks re-emerge in the Heisman, draft picture? Updated: Oct-02-15 10:54 pm
Quarterbacks have won the Heisman Trophy five straight seasons and have been selected first in the NFL Draft five of the last seven years.
- Prosecutor: Man charged in fan shooting after Cardinals game Updated: Sep-30-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man was ordered jailed Wednesday on $1 million cash bond after being charged in the robbery shooting that wounded and potentially paralyzed an Army veteran as he left a St. Louis Cardinals game with his girlfriend.
- 2 men sue 49ers over stadium bathroom assault Updated: Sep-29-15 6:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The 49ers knew intoxicated fans were especially dangerous on long lines waiting to use the restroom at Levi's Stadium, but failed to provide adequate security, a lawsuit by two men assaulted last year in a bathroom at the stadium alleges.
- USOC leaders grateful to Los Angeles for 2nd chance at 2024 Updated: Sep-24-15 8:11 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The leader of the U.S. Olympic Committee compared the choice of Boston as a bidder for the 2024 Olympics to Seattle's choice to pass the ball at the goal line at the end of the Super Bowl last season.
- Pilots: 'Blinding' lights at 49ers' stadium a safety hazard Updated: Sep-23-15 11:50 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Pilot Christina Kurowicki was preparing to land at San Jose Mineta International Airport in March when bright light flooded the cockpit, impairing her night vision and making it difficult to see outside.
- McNichols, Young lead Boise State past Idaho State, 52-0 Updated: Sep-19-15 1:53 am
BOISE, Idaho - Jeremy McNichols rushed for three touchdowns and Kelsey Young added two more as Boise State cruised to a 52-0 victory over Idaho State Friday night.
- Police arrest 49er fans in connection with stadium beating Updated: Sep-18-15 5:44 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Police arrested four San Francisco 49er fans accused of beating a Minnesota Viking supporter in the stadium parking lot after the team's Monday Night Football opener.
- Drones at stadiums are easy to spot, but hard to stop Updated: Sep-17-15 3:20 am
Whether they're crashing into the bleachers or simply hovering above stadiums to get a cool picture of the action down below, drones have become semi-regular guests at the ballparks these days.
- Gambling or fun? Lawmakers may make call on fantasy sports Updated: Sep-15-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - As the NFL season kicks off, another big contest may be soon be played in the halls of the Florida Capitol.
- Fan seriously injured at Broncos game Updated: Sep-14-15 7:54 pm
DENVER - Denver police say a man who was seriously injured when he fell from the stands at the Broncos game on Sunday was trying to retrieve a friend's hat.
- Rowdy behavior at Packers games can bring steep fines Updated: Sep-14-15 1:27 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Going to an NFL game is expensive enough, but fans who misbehave better be ready to really open their wallets.