- East Ridge forfeits football titles over ineligible player Updated: Jul-03-15 12:41 pm
WOODBURY, Minnesota - East Ridge High School in Woodbury will forfeit the conference and section football titles it won over the past two seasons because one of its players was ineligible.
- Australian academy prepares punters for US college football Updated: Jul-03-15 11:59 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The fog is still lifting off a deserted playing field on the outskirts of this southern Australian city as 10 aspiring college football punters begin their morning drills.
- Former NFL star tackles overgrown field for football camp Updated: Jul-02-15 2:19 am
HIGHLAND PARK, Michigan - The weeds and wild grass rose well above Reggie McKenzie's knees as the former NFL star walked the field bearing his name in the small Detroit enclave of Highland Park. With two weeks until the start of the youth football camp he's been running for four decades, the city-owned field had yet to be mowed - and something had to be done.
- Fireworks fund high school activities in at least 2 cities Updated: Jun-28-15 10:50 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Fireworks stands have begun opening in areas that allow such sales around the Shoals.
- Judge dismisses some charges against 2 in overdose death Updated: Jun-27-15 11:44 am
BEAVER, Pennsylvania - A judge has dismissed involuntary manslaughter and evidence tampering charges against two men in connection with the overdose death of a high school student last year.
- Time changed for Arkansas All-Star high school football game Updated: Jun-26-15 12:12 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - The threat of severe weather has prompted officials to move up the start of the Arkansas High School Coaches Association All-Star football game.
- Minnesota High School All-Star Football Game set Saturday Updated: Jun-22-15 8:56 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - The 42nd annual Minnesota High School All-Star Football Game will be played Saturday in St. Cloud.
- 13-year-old dies at Granite City football practice Updated: Jun-18-15 5:11 pm
GRANITE CITY, Illinois - A 13-year-old incoming freshman collapsed and died at a southwestern Illinois high school football practice.
- Nation's winningest high school football coach retires Updated: Jun-16-15 3:36 pm
SUMMERVILLE, South Carolina - The nation's winningest high school football coach has decided to retire.
- Iowa to restrict football playoffs to 16 teams in 2016 Updated: Jun-15-15 2:18 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa High School Athletic Association is reducing the number of teams that qualify for the football playoffs in each class from 32 to 16 starting in 2016.
- 3 sentenced in football player's slaying Updated: Jun-12-15 12:32 pm
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, New Jersey - Three men are going to prison for their roles in the slaying of a former Rowan University football player.
- St. Louis area high school cancels 2015 football program Updated: Jun-11-15 6:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis area high school has canceled its football program for next season because so few players signed up.
- Man, 23, charged in hit-and-run crash that injured athlete Updated: Jun-09-15 6:17 am
PENNSVILLE, New Jersey - A 23-year-old man has been charged in a hit-and-run crash that seriously injured a southern New Jersey high school football player.
- Bellevue head football coach suspended, team on probation Updated: Jun-05-15 10:10 am
SEATTLE - An investigation into illegal recruiting has resulted in the suspension of Bellevue High School's head football coach, Butch Goncharoff, and the team being placed on probation.
- Chargers' Fluker goes from homeless to graduate, NFL starter Updated: Jun-04-15 4:43 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - D.J. Fluker had bouts of anger sometimes, wondering how God let him and his family wind up homeless, five people sleeping shoehorned into a car.