- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The high school football season has kicked off around Ohio. But for one team in Columbus, just getting on the field for its season opener proved to be quite a feat.
- Play resumes at repaired $60M high school stadium in Texas Updated: Aug-29-15 10:54 am
ALLEN, Texas - A defending state football champion has won its season opener at the $60 million stadium in North Texas that closed last year with structural problems.
- Judge considers whether to dismiss Illinois head-injury suit Updated: Aug-28-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - A judge is considering whether to grant a motion by Illinois' prep sports body to dismiss a class-action head-injury suit against it.
- Ohio football team gets live tiger mascot for season opener Updated: Aug-28-15 4:53 pm
MASSILLON, Ohio - A high school football team that has had a live tiger cub at games for decades started the season with its traditional mascot on hand, even though the district hasn't proved to the state that the mascot's display would meet stricter rules for possessing exotic animals.
- Smoke affecting high school sports schedules Updated: Aug-28-15 4:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Poor air quality due to forest fires in the West has led to the cancellation, postponement and relocation of several high school football games.
- Private schools: East Mississippi games to watch Updated: Aug-27-15 4:02 pm
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Lamar School started the season off with a bang.
- Ocean Springs, Pascagoula set for another hard-fought battle Updated: Aug-27-15 5:03 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - When Ocean Springs and Pascagoula meet Friday night at Greyhound Stadium, expect another nail biter.
- Former Kentucky standout Lou Tsioropoulos dies at 84 Updated: Aug-26-15 10:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lou Tsioropoulos, a member of Kentucky's 1951 NCAA national championship team and the unbeaten '53-54 squad who went on to win two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics, has died. He was 84.
- Player's cancer fight inspires high school football team Updated: Aug-26-15 12:14 pm
DANVILLE, Alabama - Kane Hogan's life changed in an instant late last January.
- 6 players suspended after SB Washington-Michigan City fight Updated: Aug-25-15 6:41 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The Indiana High School Athletic Association has placed two northern Indiana football teams on probation and suspended six players and two coaches following a fight that forced officials to halt a game at halftime.
- A look ahead: Five prep football games to watch this week Updated: Aug-25-15 4:03 pm
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Just like in the opening week, there are some intriguing prep football games on tap this week in South Mississippi.
- Group renews complaint about pre-game prayer Updated: Aug-25-15 10:38 am
MIDDLESBORO, Kentucky - A group has renewed its complaints about prayers before Bell County High School home football games in southeastern Kentucky.
- OCS backfield out to repeat success Updated: Aug-25-15 8:44 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Ouachita Christian persevered in the face of multiple injuries at running back during the 2014 season to win the LHSAA Division IV state championship.
- Geese, their waste, invade Pennsylvania football field Updated: Aug-24-15 9:37 am
NANTY GLO, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania high school football team had to move its scrimmage after geese - and the waste they leave behind - invaded its stadium.
- Oxford's Metcalf learns from a pro - his dad Updated: Aug-24-15 8:41 am
- Skydivers parachute into funeral of Army skydiver Updated: Aug-22-15 8:31 pm
CINCINNATI - A solo Army Golden Knight parachutist honored a comrade's dream by landing on the high school football field where hundreds of mourners gathered for his funeral Saturday, a week after he was involved in a deadly accident at a Chicago air show.
- Brawl halts northern Indiana high school football game Updated: Aug-22-15 12:48 pm
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - Officials halted the season-opening football game between Michigan City High School and South Bend Washington High after a fight broke out on the field.
- High school replaces pregame prayer with moment of silence Updated: Aug-21-15 10:29 am
DUBLIN, Georgia - A Georgia high school is kicking off its football season with a moment of silence rather than its traditional pregame invocation for the first time in decades.
- LI varsity football player critical after heatstroke Updated: Aug-21-15 5:46 am
STONY BROOK, New York - A Long Island high school varsity football player is hospitalized in critical condition after suffering a heatstroke during practice.
- 10 high school rivalries with extra meaning in 2015 Updated: Aug-21-15 4:27 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Game week is finally here.
- School district won't allow military names on sports jerseys Updated: Aug-20-15 3:55 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The Poudre School District in northern Colorado has denied a request from the Fossil Ridge High School football team to individually honor fallen members of the U.S. armed forces by putting their names on the back of their jerseys, saying the district is worried it could open the door to similar requests for other causes.
- Vicksburg hosts Harrison Central Updated: Aug-20-15 4:17 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - At heart, Marcus Rogers likes nothing more than to see a spiraling football cutting through the night sky before landing in the hands of one of his receivers sprinting untouched toward the end zone.
- Final AP Arkansas prep football poll from 2014 Updated: Aug-19-15 4:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The final Arkansas Associated Press high school football polls from the 2014 season. Ranking is given with previous poll's ranking, first-place votes received, records and total points.
- Prep football player's death attributed to cardiac condition Updated: Aug-19-15 3:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say the death of a north Philadelphia prep school football player who collapsed during a workout was due to natural causes stemming from a cardiac condition.