- Bishop McNamara beats Unity for Class 3A title Updated: Nov-27-15 9:22 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Bishop McNamara coach Rich Zananni said he wasn't sure he and his Fightin' Irish would get back to an Indiana state football championship game after losing to Darnall in 1978.
- Lamar shuts out Maiden 37-0 for Missouri Class 2 title Updated: Nov-27-15 8:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - Danny Embry rushed for 107 yards and a touchdown to lead Lamar to a 37-0 win over Malden in the Class 2 state championship game Friday at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis.
- Ithaca defeats Clinton for state Division 6 championship Updated: Nov-27-15 8:35 pm
DETROIT - After a one-year hiatus, Ithaca has regained its Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 6 football champion title.
- Detroit King's Corley named AP Division 1-2 Player of Year Updated: Nov-27-15 8:12 pm
DETROIT - Donnie Corley put on a show on both sides of the ball his senior year at Detroit King to lead the Crusaders to the Division 2 state championship game.
- Chatard defeats West Lafayette 31-7 for Class 3A title Updated: Nov-27-15 7:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bishop Chatard is no stranger to being the last team standing when the season is concluded, and after a two-year stint in Class 4A without a state title the Trojans' return to Class 3A culminated with its record 13th Indiana state football title.
- Muskegon Catholic Central takes 3rd straight Div. 8 title Updated: Nov-27-15 6:51 pm
DETROIT - A fourth quarter touchdown run by senior quarterback Christian Martinez was all Muskegon Catholic Central needed to win its third consecutive Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 8 state championship.
- Detroit King comes back, defeats Lowell in Div. 2 title game Updated: Nov-27-15 6:49 pm
DETROIT - Donnie Corley has scholarship offers from most of the big-time college programs in the country. On Friday afternoon, he capped his high school career with a last-second, state championship-winning touchdown reception.
- Tri-Valley defeats Auburn 41-8 for Class 2A title Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Quarterback Peyton Roop ran for two touchdowns Friday, in leading unbeaten Tri-Valley to a 41-8 victory over Auburn for the school's first Illinois Class 2A championship.
- Kearney beats Webb City 17-14 for Class 4 state championship Updated: Nov-27-15 5:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - Logan Hinck threw for one touchdown and Marcus Harris rushed for another to lead Kearney to a 17-14 win over Webb City in the Class 4 state championship game Friday at Edward Jones Dome.
- Lafayette Central Catholic beats Linton-Stockton 34-7 Updated: Nov-27-15 3:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Lafayette Central Catholic had its way with Indiana Class 1A football from 2009-2012, earning four consecutive state titles that propelled the Knights up to Class 2A the past two seasons due to the IHSAA Tournament Success Factor.
- Arcola beats Stark County 35-17 for Illinois Class 1A title Updated: Nov-27-15 2:56 pm
DE KALB, Illinois - Arcola senior Clayton Strader said it took him longer than expected to figure out Stark County's defense in the Illinois Class 1A championship game.
- St. Mary's Ross AP Player of the Year in Division 3-4 Updated: Nov-26-15 3:15 pm
ORCHARD LAKE, Michigan - Big brother may know best, but when all is said and done, Josh Ross may prove to be the best football player in the Ross household.
- Police: Shooting kills 1, wounds 3 outside Fenway Park Updated: Nov-26-15 9:13 am
BOSTON - Police have tightened security around Boston's iconic Fenway Park after one person was killed and three others wounded in an early morning shooting.
- Coach's cancer diagnosis gives Dwenger added incentive Updated: Nov-25-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Fort Wayne Dwenger has some added motivation for the IHSAA football state finals on Saturday.
- Bentonville, Fayetteville meet once again in state playoffs Updated: Nov-25-15 1:55 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Bentonville knows a thing or two about what it takes to win a state championship, having won the Class 7A state title in each of the last two seasons - and three of the last five years.
- Stockbridge's Gee-Montgomery AP Division 5-6 Player of Year Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 am
Jeremy Killinger always knew his Stockbridge football program would be in good shape with Mason Gee-Montgomery at quarterback.
- Referees struggle with respect amid growing hostility Updated: Nov-25-15 5:45 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Jimmy Woods has been a youth official for nearly 30 years, and he's lost count of how many football games he has refereed and how many times he's been yelled at, threatened or insulted.
- Millard North holds off Wildcats for 21-14 win in 'A' final Updated: Nov-24-15 11:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Ethan Morrison passed for two touchdowns and ran for another, and No. 4 Millard North held off No. 1 Millard West on the last play for a 21-14 victory in the Class A championship game at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday night.
- Eden Prairie's Spielman picked as AP football player of year Updated: Nov-24-15 7:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Eden Prairie running back J.D. Spielman has been selected as the Minnesota Associated Press Player of the Year for high school football.
- David City Aquinas tops Oakland-Craig 36-7 in Class C2 final Updated: Nov-24-15 6:41 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Noah Pelan and Lane Napier combined to rush for 306 yards and three touchdowns, Spencer Maguire connected with Kenton Kobza for a 71-yard TD and No. 3 David City Aquinas defeated No. 6 Oakland-Craig 36-7 in the Class C2 championship game at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday.
- Columbus Scotus defeats Norfolk Catholic 32-27 in C1 final Updated: Nov-24-15 2:38 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Cole Harrington rushed for 105 yards and two touchdowns and Brady Przymus ran and passed for scores as No. 3 Columbus Scotus won its first state football title since 1993 with a 32-27 victory over top-ranked Norfolk Catholic in the Class C1 final at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday.
- Our Lady of Lakes' Senerius AP Division 7-8 Player of Year Updated: Nov-24-15 6:35 am
Growing up in a community like Clarkston, Clay Senerius always knew he wanted to play football. Every little kid strives to lace 'em up for the hometown Wolves.
- Dowling beats CR Kennedy 41-10 for 3rd straight 3A title Updated: Nov-23-15 11:41 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Jacob Zachary ran for two touchdowns, and West Des Moines Dowling beat Cedar Rapids Kennedy 41-10 on Monday night for its third straight Class 4A state championship.
- Elkhorn South is Class B champ with 32-21 win over Aurora Updated: Nov-23-15 10:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Braden Wright rushed for two touchdowns and passed for a third, and Moses Bryant ran and passed for TDs in top-ranked Elkhorn South's 32-21 victory over No. 3 Aurora in the Class B championship game at Memorial Stadium on Monday night.
- 2015 AP Northeast Inland All-District Team Updated: Nov-23-15 7:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district: