- Ohio State-Virginia Tech matchup highlights ACC's Week 1 Updated: Sep-03-15 4:09 am
A look at things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference for the opening week of the season:
- No. 15 Arizona State faces Texas A&M in intriguing matchup Updated: Sep-03-15 4:03 am
Things to watch during the Southeastern Conference's opening weekend:
- Report: Ohio State QB Jones taken to hospital for headache Updated: Sep-03-15 12:30 am
Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones was taken to the hospital because of a headache, his mother told The Toledo Blade.
- Baylor handling of sex assault cases gets outside probe Updated: Sep-02-15 8:23 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor University has hired a Philadelphia law firm to independently investigate the university's handling of sexual assault complaints, including one against defensive end Sam Ukwuachu.
- After injuries, Tre Madden ready to run again for No. 8 USC Updated: Sep-02-15 8:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Whenever Tre Madden got discouraged while he sat out two of the past three seasons with injuries, his Southern California teammates stepped in with positive thoughts and uplifting wishes.
- UCLA DT Kenny Clark stands tall among Pac-12's best players Updated: Sep-02-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - UCLA defensive tackle Kenny Clark is an unlikely fixture on lists of the 10 best players in the Pac-12.
- Man charged in connection with OJ Simpson Heisman theft Updated: Sep-02-15 7:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man arrested in connection with the theft of a copy of O.J. Simpson's Heisman Trophy more than 20 years ago from the University of Southern California pleaded not guilty Wednesday to receiving stolen property.
- Autopsy: Football player shot by police had drugs in system Updated: Sep-02-15 7:15 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A black college football player killed by a white police officer likely used a synthetic psychedelic drug and marijuana prior to the deadly confrontation at a Texas car dealership, according to an autopsy report released Wednesday.
- Jacksonville State opens with huge test at Chattanooga Updated: Sep-02-15 6:59 pm
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks will be able to measure their FCS playoff capability right away this year when they take on the Chattanooga Mocs at 5 p.m. CDT Saturday at Chattanooga's Finley Stadium.
- Florida QB Treon Harris to start season opener Updated: Sep-02-15 6:47 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has its quarterback for the season opener, just not the season.
- SEC's title hopes may rest on an influx of new starting QBs Updated: Sep-02-15 6:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Southeastern Conference has gone two whole years without winning a national title.
- UND joins NDSU in paying stipends for scholarship players Updated: Sep-02-15 6:15 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota is joining its in-state Division I counterparts in providing stipends to all of its scholarship athletes.
- Deep-thinking Ellis ready to lead for No. 18 Arkansas Updated: Sep-02-15 6:14 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Brooks Ellis is no doubt uncomfortable with the description of outlier.
- Bentley poised to make debut as Old Dominion's quarterback Updated: Sep-02-15 6:05 pm
Shuler Bentley spent last season watching, and learning, from Taylor Heinicke at Old Dominion.
- Pitt quarterback Voytik eyeing expanded role for Panthers Updated: Sep-02-15 5:54 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chad Voytik isn't offended by the term "game manager," though the Pittsburgh quarterback might be the only one.
- MSU hosts UMD in NSIC blockbuster on opening weekend Updated: Sep-02-15 5:39 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota's opener is nationally televised against second-ranked TCU.
- Swashbuckling rookie RB Zach Zenner has a shot with Lions Updated: Sep-02-15 5:33 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Zach Zenner has made the most of his opportunities with the Detroit Lions, leading the league with 162 yards rushing through three preseason games.
- QB Joel Stave finds stability with Chryst for No. 20 Badgers Updated: Sep-02-15 5:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - This time last year, quarterback Joel Stave wasn't having much fun.
- Missouri needs production from young receiving corps Updated: Sep-02-15 5:23 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - No. 24 Missouri's opener against Southeast Missouri State will be a proving ground for a young receiving corps.
- ETSU faces Kennesaw State in matchup of new programs Updated: Sep-02-15 5:18 pm
One program is starting over. The other is starting from scratch.
- Kansas dismisses DB Boateng for violating team rules Updated: Sep-02-15 5:11 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has dismissed cornerback Matthew Boateng for an undisclosed violation of team rules just three days before the Jayhawks open the season against South Dakota State.
- After rough 2014, Swoopes still starting QB at Texas Updated: Sep-02-15 5:09 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Tyrone Swoopes was his usual quiet, understated self.
- BYU defensive back Michael Davis charged with misdemeanors Updated: Sep-02-15 4:51 pm
PROVO, Utah - BYU defensive back Michael Davis has been charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and riot after a July dispute over a parking spot.
- USD, SDSU open season on the road in state of Kansas Updated: Sep-02-15 4:47 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota football fans looking to catch their Division I teams this weekend have to hit the road to the state of Kansas.
- Wake Forest begins Clawson's 2nd year against Elon Updated: Sep-02-15 4:09 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Wake Forest hopes it has a better grasp of Dave Clawson's system in Year 2.