- Baylor's statue of Robert Griffin III painted TCU purple Updated: Oct-09-15 5:53 pm
WACO, Texas - Officials at Baylor University and Texas Christian University are intervening after a statue on the Baylor campus of former star quarterback Robert Griffin III was spray-painted TCU purple.
- UCLA punter Adam Searl arrested on suspicion of rape Updated: Oct-09-15 5:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - A walk-on punter for No. 20 UCLA has been arrested for investigation of rape, police and school officials said Friday.
- Former Notre Dame standout Eilers donates $3M to university Updated: Oct-09-15 4:51 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A member of Notre Dame's last national championship football team has donated $3 million to endow the defensive backs coaching position.
- No. 7 LSU aims to be hospitable to S. Carolina - to a point Updated: Oct-09-15 4:26 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - By now, LSU coach Les Miles knows as well as anyone that football isn't entirely weather proof, even if it can be played in rain or snow.
- Memphis builds on momentum it established last year Updated: Oct-09-15 4:09 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis is showing that it's no one-year wonder.
- Injured McCollum to miss La-Lafayette-Texas State game Updated: Oct-09-15 3:12 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The University of Louisiana at Lafayette opens Sun Belt Conference play Saturday night against Texas State without starting cornerback Troy McCollum, who sprained an ankle in last week's loss at Louisiana Tech.
- Ward, Farrow lead Houston past SMU 49-28 Updated: Oct-09-15 2:01 pm
HOUSTON - Greg Ward Jr. ran for four touchdowns and Kenneth Farrow ran for three as Houston defeated SMU 49-28 on Thursday night.
- No. 12 Florida State looks to continue dominance over Miami Updated: Oct-09-15 1:05 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - If anyone knows how much a win in the Miami-Florida State rivalry can revive a program, it is Jimbo Fisher.
- UConn, UCF look to get back on track in AAC matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 12:20 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - UCF and UConn expected to be in much different places heading into Saturday's American Athletic Conference matchup.
- No. 19 Georgia, Tennessee seeking to put past behind them Updated: Oct-09-15 11:06 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - No. 19 Georgia's game at Tennessee on Saturday could come down to which team has the shorter memory.
- No. 6 Clemson ready for normal schedule vs. Georgia Tech Updated: Oct-09-15 10:40 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is grateful to get back to normal.
- Air Force's cut blocks concern Cowboys defensive linemen Updated: Oct-09-15 10:31 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - It's Air Force week, and there are two words that most of the Wyoming defensive players will hear a lot leading up to Saturday's game.
- No. 8 Alabama, Arkansas trying to follow up big wins Updated: Oct-09-15 10:10 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Nick Saban wants his Alabama team still happy when the season's over, not just all aglow after one big win.
- Syracuse takes to road, aims to improve on solid start Updated: Oct-09-15 8:16 am
TAMPA, Florida - South Florida's Willie Taggart rejects the notion that beating Syracuse would give the struggling Bulls the type of victory needed to prove they're headed in the right direction under the third-year coach.
- No. 14 Ole Miss tries to build depth in game vs. NMSU Updated: Oct-09-15 8:06 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - It's not even halfway through the football season and No. 14 Mississippi already is a beat-up team.
- Mississippi State regroups, tries to build momentum vs. Troy Updated: Oct-09-15 8:06 am
Mississippi State's first five weeks of the season haven't been terrible, but also haven't gone exactly as planned.
- Sarkisian takes blame after Huskies beat No. 17 USC 17-12 Updated: Oct-09-15 2:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Southern California coach Steve Sarkisian didn't bring any players with him to his postgame press conference, choosing to be the face of the Trojans' fourth loss as a double-digit favorite in less than two seasons as head coach.
- Washington gets defensive, holds on to beat No. 17 USC 17-12 Updated: Oct-09-15 1:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Nearly every Washington upperclassman insisted they took no personal pleasure in beating the coach who left them for Southern California two years ago.
- Bethune-Cookman beats South Carolina State 17-14 Updated: Oct-08-15 11:29 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Quentin Williams scored on a 3-yard run with 5:14 remaining to give Bethune-Cookman a 17-14 victory over South Carolina State on Thursday night.
- Eastern Kentucky tops Tennessee Tech 48-17 Updated: Oct-08-15 10:54 pm
GEORGETOWN, Kentucky - Bennie Coney threw for 351 yards and five touchdowns, four in a dominant first half, and Eastern Kentucky rolled to a 48-17 victory over Tennessee Tech on Thursday night.
- Correction: Illinois-Stout Defense story Updated: Oct-08-15 9:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a story Oct. 7 about Illinois' stout defense, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the score of the loss at North Carolina was 28-14. It was 48-14.
- Illinois confirms Ferguson will miss game at No. 22 Iowa Updated: Oct-08-15 8:39 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois says starting running back Josh Ferguson will miss Saturday's game at No. 22 Iowa with a shoulder injury.
- Maryland: Edsall will coach Terps at No. 1 Ohio State Updated: Oct-08-15 8:34 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland says Randy Edsall will coach the Terrapins at top-ranked Ohio State amid reports that he will be fired.
- No. 12 Florida State safety Andrews questionable vs. Miami Updated: Oct-08-15 7:32 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher says there is a possibility safety Nate Andrews could play on Saturday when the 12th-ranked Seminoles host Miami.
- Injury leads to South Carolina QB switch Updated: Oct-08-15 7:01 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Freshman Lorenzo Nunez's shoulder injury has led to the latest quarterback switch for South Carolina and coach Steve Spurrier.