- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident Updated: Feb-11-16 6:26 pm
HOUSTON - Relatives of a demolition worker have been awarded $53 million over his 2013 death after he fell four stories during renovation of Texas A&M's Kyle Field.
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private Updated: Feb-11-16 6:20 pm
DALLAS - Baylor University can keep private campus police records that detail sexual assaults committed by two former football players against students, according to an opinion issued this week by the Texas attorney general's office.
- Wyoming football opponents for 2016 released Updated: Feb-11-16 6:13 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming's football opponents for the 2016 season have been set.
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator Updated: Feb-11-16 5:38 pm
BERKELEY, California - Jack Spavital has been hired by California as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach a month after he left Texas A&M by mutual agreement.
- Senior Bowl QB Carson Wentz becomes hit on recruiting trail Updated: Feb-11-16 5:14 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State coaches enjoyed some free advertising while they were on the recruiting trail for this year's class.
- Utah promotes 3 on coaching staff Updated: Feb-11-16 5:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham has promoted Pablo Cano, Robert Blechen and Alema Fitisemanu to new staff positions.
- Replay officials could have more say in targeting penalties Updated: Feb-11-16 3:06 pm
Replay officials are likely to have more power when it comes to calling targeting penalties in college football next season.
- Davis, Perry named to SC Football Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-11-16 12:40 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Former Clemson linebacker Jeff Davis and ex-Tigers defensive end Michael Dean Perry have been voted to the South Carolina Football of Hall of Fame.
- Marshall hires Pepe Pearson as RB coach Updated: Feb-11-16 8:39 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall has hired Pepe Pearson as running backs coach.
- Oklahoma defensive line coach Reynolds leaving Updated: Feb-10-16 10:47 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma has announced that defensive line coach Diron Reynolds is leaving the program to take an assistant coaching position at another school.
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness Updated: Feb-10-16 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Outgoing Southern California athletic director Pat Haden became faint on campus Wednesday and was hospitalized to undergo tests.
- Julius Brown joins Utah State's staff as cornerbacks coach Updated: Feb-10-16 7:48 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Julius Brown has joined Utah State's staff as cornerbacks coach.
- Alabama hires Derrick Ansley as defensive backs coach Updated: Feb-10-16 7:07 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama has hired Derrick Ansley to coach defensive backs.
- Hoosiers name former player Mark Hagen defensive line coach Updated: Feb-10-16 6:04 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Former Indiana linebacker Mark Hagen has returned to his alma mater as defensive line/
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama, officers disciplined after arrest video Updated: Feb-10-16 4:45 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A police chief says officers who were recorded using a stun gun and baton on University of Alabama students after a football game party last fall have been ordered to do more training and one remains on paid administrative leave.
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas Updated: Feb-10-16 12:00 pm
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State wide receiver D'Vario Montgomery and running back Joshua Thomas won't return to the team for next season.
- Ex-OSU star Clarett admits DUI, gets 2 years' probation Updated: Feb-10-16 9:08 am
MOUNT GILEAD, Ohio - Former Ohio State star running back Maurice Clarett has admitted driving under the influence.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- Legendary receiver at Jackson State, Willie Richardson, dies Updated: Feb-09-16 7:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State legendary wide receiver Willie Richardson has died.
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career Updated: Feb-09-16 4:22 pm
STANFORD, California - Stanford defensive line coach Randy Hart is retiring after 46 years as a college coach.
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh Updated: Feb-09-16 4:03 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Southeastern Conference is asking for a rule preventing football teams from holding practices during spring break.
- Tulsa announces 2016 college football schedule Updated: Feb-09-16 1:49 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The University of Tulsa has announced its 2016 football schedule that includes six home games and a road trip to Ohio State.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Feb-09-16 1:05 pm
Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Feb. 7, 2016.
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon Updated: Feb-09-16 12:28 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says quarterback Thomas Sirk has ruptured his left Achilles tendon.
- Tennessee has reported 18 minor violations to NCAA since May Updated: Feb-09-16 11:10 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has reported 18 Level III violations to the NCAA since May, including four in football.