- Utah CB Dominique Hatfield arrested in robbery Updated: Jul-01-15 9:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah cornerback Dominique Hatfield has been arrested on suspicion of robbing a man who planned to buy an Xbox game console from him.
- Pitt's Tyler Boyd waives DUI hearing, hopes for probation Updated: Jul-01-15 5:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh star wide receiver Tyler Boyd has waived his right to a preliminary hearing on drunken driving charges and several related citations and hopes to enter a probation program for first-time offenders, his defense attorney said Wednesday.
- Ex-Illinois women's basketball players sue school, coach Updated: Jul-01-15 5:26 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Seven former University of Illinois women's basketball players sued the university Wednesday, accusing coach Matt Bollant and a former assistant of violating their civil rights by using race to divide the team and try to force some players out.
- Arkansas says 1 million Hog fans passed turnstiles Updated: Jul-01-15 5:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says more than 1 million paying fans passed the turnstiles to attend Razorback sporting events in the 2014-15 school year.
- Yow savors Wolfpack's work to reach goal of Top 25 status Updated: Jun-30-15 6:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Athletic director Debbie Yow has spent five years pushing to turn North Carolina State into a top-25 program. The 2014-15 sports season has brought the Wolfpack to the edge of that goal.
- Florida State freshman De'Andre Johnson charged with battery Updated: Jun-30-15 4:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson has been charged with punching a woman in the face in a nightclub.
- Duke's Tomlinson, UVa's Brian voted ACC athletes of year Updated: Jun-30-15 3:48 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke football player Laken Tomlinson and Virginia women's soccer player Morgan Brian are the Atlantic Coast Conference's male and female athletes of the year.
- McKinley heads up new class for SC sports hall of fame Updated: Jun-30-15 2:57 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - One of the first players South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier signed to turn the program around is now part of the school's athletic hall of fame.
- Maryland football coach Randy Edsall gets 3-year extension Updated: Jun-30-15 2:09 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland football coach Randy Edsall has been rewarded with a three-year contract extension after guiding the Terrapins to consecutive winning seasons and back-to-back bowl bids.
- Auburn-Oregon set for 2019 opener, 9 years after BCS meeting Updated: Jun-30-15 1:19 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Auburn and Oregon will open the 2019 season at the home of the Dallas Cowboys, nine seasons after meeting in the BCS national championship game.
- University of Miami grad donates $1 million to school Updated: Jun-30-15 8:53 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - A University of Miami graduate has donated $1 million to the school, money that will perpetually fund a scholarship for a football player.
- Man convicted of rape wants to play football in college Updated: Jun-29-15 6:28 pm
NELSONVILLE, Ohio - A former high school football player found delinquent in the rape of a 16-year-old girl wants to play at the community college level.
- JoJo Natson dismissed from Utah State football team Updated: Jun-29-15 5:06 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State coach Matt Wells has dismissed JoJo Natson from the football team for a violation of team rules. The school announced the decision Sunday night, but did not specify which rules were broken.
- DT Lealaimatafao dismissed from LSU following arrest Updated: Jun-29-15 4:02 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU coach Les Miles says he has dismissed defensive tackle Trey Lealaimatafao from the team because of his recent arrest on allegations of hitting a woman outside a bar after she tried to stop him from robbing her unconscious boyfriend.
- Fresno State schedules games with Alabama, UCLA, Minnesota Updated: Jun-29-15 3:36 pm
FRESNO, California - Fresno State has scheduled future football games against Alabama, UCLA and Minnesota.
- University of Akron football drew worst attendance in NCAA Updated: Jun-29-15 3:05 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Among all 125 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision teams, the University of Akron had the worst home attendance this past season.
- 2 Utah State athletes released from hospital after accident Updated: Jun-28-15 10:17 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Two Utah State athletes injured when their SUV was struck by a semi have been released from the hospital, but three others remain hospitalized.
- Ole Miss tackle booked in assault case involving stepfather Updated: Jun-27-15 6:23 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - University of Mississippi football coach Hugh Freeze confirmed Saturday that offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil has been arrested in a domestic violence case involving his stepfather in Oxford.
- 4 Utah State football players hurt in collision with semi Updated: Jun-27-15 12:25 am
TRENTON, Utah - Four Utah State University football players and a former softball player were hurt when a tractor-trailer collided with their SUV on Friday.
- Iowa State expanding stadium to 61,000 Updated: Jun-26-15 5:24 pm
AMES, Iowa - One of the many reasons cited for Iowa State's lack of success in football was a stadium experience that often fell flat.
- Salahuddin eyes healthy return at linebacker for Wolfpack Updated: Jun-26-15 3:48 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - M.J. Salahuddin was perfectly positioned to earn a leading role on North Carolina State's defense when a knee injury knocked him out for the season. He's ready to try again.
- College football player dies after car crash in NJ Updated: Jun-26-15 6:01 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - An eastern Pennsylvania college football player has died days after his car went off a southern New Jersey highway and crashed.
- Western Kentucky's Jeff Brohm named Kentucky Colonel Updated: Jun-26-15 4:06 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky's Jeff Brohm can now be called Colonel as well as coach.
- Confidence biggest lesson at Pellerin's summer camp Updated: Jun-26-15 2:18 am
MADISON, Mississippi - Sporting a straw hat to ward off the sun, Cleveland Browns defensive back Micah Pellerin keeps a watchful eye on the middle school kids racing across a football field in this historic Mississippi railroad town.
- Miami dismisses lineman Gadbois from football team Updated: Jun-25-15 8:20 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami has dismissed offensive lineman Taylor Gadbois from the football team.