- Baylor looks to rebuild after report on sex assaults Updated: May-27-16 8:35 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Baylor University will look to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team operated under the perception it was above the rules.
- News Guide: Review finds Baylor disregarded sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 2:23 am
DALLAS - After months of silence, Baylor University responded to mounting criticism of its handling of accusations of sexual assaults and other attacks by football players by demoting its president, Ken Starr, and firing its football coach, Art Briles.
- Briles' daughter calls Baylor case a 'media witch hunt' Updated: May-26-16 7:33 pm
The daughter of outgoing Baylor football coach Art Briles called the circumstances that led to his ouster a "media witch hunt" and wrote that her father is a "man of incredible character" in a Facebook post.
- The Latest: US says it's aware of Baylor announcement Updated: May-26-16 7:29 pm
WACO, Texas - The Latest on Baylor University's demotion of its president and firing of its football coach amid criticism of the school's handling of sexual assault complaints involving players (all times local):
- Miami QB Brad Kaaya forging quick bond with Mark Richt Updated: May-26-16 6:43 pm
MIAMI - Brad Kaaya says he's off to a flying start with new Miami coach Mark Richt.
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its athletic program Updated: May-26-16 5:37 pm
More than a decade ago, Baylor was at the center of a sordid scandal involving murder and drugs, leading to some of the harshest penalties the NCAA has ever doled out.
- Arizona Bowl to be played Friday, Dec. 30 Updated: May-26-16 5:10 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl will be played Friday, Dec. 30 at University of Arizona Stadium.
- Man charged with posing as football player to extort woman Updated: May-25-16 7:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee man has been arrested on charges that he attempted to extort a woman by posing as a University of Tennessee football player on Snapchat.
- Graduate transfer QB Davis Webb enrolls at California Updated: May-25-16 4:42 pm
BERKELEY, California - Graduate transfer quarterback Davis Webb has officially joined California, giving the Golden Bears an experienced option to replace No. 1 overall NFL draft pick Jared Goff.
- Correction: Baylor-Sex Assault Investigations story Updated: May-25-16 2:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story May 24 about sexual assault cases involving Baylor University, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a Baylor spokeswoman on second reference. Her name is Lori Fogleman, not Fogelman.
- C-USA agrees to TV deals with 4 networks, including ESPN Updated: May-25-16 11:32 am
IRVING, Texas - Conference USA has reached a multiyear agreement to have its football and basketball games and other sports televised by four networks, including ESPN.
- C-USA, ESPN agree to deal to air 6 football games Updated: May-25-16 10:40 am
BRISTOL, Connecticut - Conference USA has agreed to a deal with ESPN to televise five regular-season football games and the league championship in 2016 and '17.
- Auburn defensive back Tim Irvin announces transfer Updated: May-24-16 8:51 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn defensive back Tim Irvin is transferring to another school.
- Reports: Michigan RB was run over by forklift last month Updated: May-24-16 8:28 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan running back Drake Johnson was run over by a forklift in a bizarre accident last month at the Wolverines' indoor track building, according to reports Tuesday.
- Football coach Switzer to attend North Dakota oil expo Updated: May-24-16 7:41 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Former University of Oklahoma and Dallas Cowboys football coach Barry Switzer is slated to attend North Dakota's oil expo and conference in Bismarck.
- Pac-12 agrees to limit late football games, court storming Updated: May-24-16 6:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 CEO Group has approved provisions to reduce night football games, add fines for court and field storming, and begin eSports competitions in 2016-17.
- Pitt RB James Conner grateful as cancer goes into remission Updated: May-24-16 6:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - James Conner's spring - much like that of former Pittsburgh teammate Tyler Boyd- included a phone call that changed his life.
- Titans QB few pounds heavier, more comfortable in 2nd season Updated: May-24-16 5:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota feels much more comfortable going into his second season with the Tennessee Titans. The quarterback also is a little heavier.
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour Updated: May-24-16 4:26 pm
NEW YORK - UCLA and Under Armour have agreed to an athletic shoe and apparel deal that will pay the school a record $280 million over 15 years.
- Satellite camps, recruiting, hoops hot topics around the SEC Updated: May-23-16 6:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Southeastern Conference coaches and athletic directors will convene next week with familiar topics on the agenda, including football recruiting in general and satellite camps in particular, along with strengthening men's basketball across the league.
- Bevo mascot chosen, returns to Texas sideline in 2016 Updated: May-23-16 5:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas says a new longhorn steer mascot has been selected and will be introduced at the 2016 season-opener against Notre Dame on Sept. 4.
- Pitt RB James Conner says he is cancer-free Updated: May-23-16 5:07 pm
Pittsburgh running back James Conner says he is cancer-free, less than six months after being diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Arkansas State-Utah State football game rescheduled for TV Updated: May-23-16 4:51 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State at Utah State football game has been rescheduled and will be broadcast nationally.
- Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. samples new dual role as OLB and DE Updated: May-23-16 4:42 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Vic Beasley Jr. is learning a new position for his second season with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Panthers' Thompson cited in accident that injured ex-Duke QB Updated: May-23-16 4:11 pm
WEDDINGTON, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson was cited for a head-on accident that injured former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone over the weekend, a North Carolina Highway Patrol trooper said Monday.