- Richt hopes for 'discretion' in new SEC transfer rule Updated: Jun-02-15 7:09 pm
MACON, Georgia - Georgia coach Mark Richt hopes there is room for "discretion" in the SEC's new rule which blocks schools from accepting transfers who have had "serious misconduct" problems.
- College Football Playoff semifinals to start at 4 p.m. ET Updated: Jun-02-15 5:51 pm
DALLAS - The first College Football Playoff semifinal will begin at 4 p.m. eastern on New Year's Eve.
- Leinart among 1st-timers on College Hall of Fame ballot Updated: Jun-02-15 5:35 pm
Southern California Heisman Trophy Winner Matt Leinart and former New Mexico star Brian Urlacher are among the players making their first appearance on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot.
- Southern Miss, Kentucky announce two-game football series Updated: Jun-02-15 3:05 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Southern Mississippi and Kentucky have announced a two-game football series that begins in 2016 with a game in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Las Vegas Bowl to keep Saturday slot, game set for Dec. 19 Updated: Jun-02-15 2:20 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Bowl will stick with the Saturday-before-Christmas schedule established in 2012.
- Now, UAB begins rebuilding process for football Updated: Jun-02-15 6:41 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - UAB's decision to revive the football program is just the beginning of a formidable task.
- Big 12 announces TV schedule for 3 WVU games Updated: Jun-02-15 2:41 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A Thursday night game at TCU highlights the early-season television schedule for the West Virginia Mountaineers.
- Tennessee has 'moved on' from Williams being part of team Updated: Jun-01-15 7:01 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Volunteers say they have "moved on" from Michael Williams being part of the football team. The cornerback was indicted on aggravated rape charges in February.
- Tulsa-Oklahoma football game to kick off at 11 a.m. Updated: Jun-01-15 5:30 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Kickoff time has been set for the Tulsa-Oklahoma football game.
- Cardinals sign 1st-round pick Humphries to 4-year deal Updated: Jun-01-15 5:09 pm
- No 2016 recruits yet not a worry to Wyoming football program Updated: Jun-01-15 2:21 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Numbers can be deceiving.
- Ex-Marshall player indicted on charges he punched gay couple Updated: May-30-15 1:05 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former Marshall University football player has been accused of two felony civil rights violations stemming from his alleged April assault on a gay couple.
- SEC's Slive steps down amid record revenue, new conduct rule Updated: May-29-15 5:18 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive unexpectedly stepped down Friday, just minutes after announcing record revenue and a groundbreaking rule.
- Wilson replaces Swinney as speaker at Palmetto Family event Updated: May-29-15 7:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson will speak at an event sponsored by a group that opposes gay marriage next week after Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney canceled.
- Indiana reconciles with 10 players who boycotted in '69 Updated: May-28-15 7:05 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana says it has reconciled with and welcomed back 10 football players who boycotted the last three games in 1969 because the coaching staff would not adequately address their concerns about unequal treatment on the basis of race.
- Team releases Rutgers football player charged in robbery Updated: May-28-15 6:59 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers University in New Jersey has dismissed a football player from the team who was arrested on a robbery charge last weekend in Florida.
- Suspended Arizona State football recruit pleads guilty Updated: May-28-15 6:27 pm
PHOENIX - A suspended Arizona State football recruit accused of domestic violence has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
- Rookie guards studying Patriots complex offensive system Updated: May-28-15 6:24 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots' two rookie guards are helping each other study the team's complex offensive schemes.
- Florida's highest court rules UCF has immunity Updated: May-28-15 4:30 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A private corporation that runs the University of Central Florida's athletic program won't have to pay $10 million to the family of a football player who died during practice, the Florida Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Missouri-Arkansas football game date moved to Nov. 27 Updated: May-28-15 3:53 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says the Razorbacks' November football game against Missouri has been moved up by one day and will be nationally televised.
- Former North Dakota standout Tillman signs with CFL team Updated: May-28-15 8:38 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota standout cornerback and punt returner Alex Tillman has signed a professional contract with the British Columbia Lions of the Canadian Football League.
- Oklahoma QB Hansen to transfer Updated: May-27-15 10:47 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma backup quarterback Justice Hansen plans to transfer.
- SEC to allow satellite camps if NCAA doesn't ban them Updated: May-27-15 9:54 pm
DESTIN, Florida - The Southeastern Conference will either change the rules regarding recruiting camps or join in the chase.
- SEC to 'substantially' increase fines for rushing fields Updated: May-27-15 9:27 pm
DESTIN, Florida - The Southeastern Conference has been fining its schools for rushing fields and storming courts since 2004.
- Big 12 schools could face big penalties for court storming Updated: May-27-15 8:53 pm
IRVING, Texas - Big 12 Conference schools could now face fines, and even the loss of future home games, for failing to keep fans from storming courts or rushing fields after games.