- Texas votes to end high school steroids tests after 8 years Updated: May-29-15 6:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers voted Friday to dismantle the state's high school steroids testing program after eight years and more than $10 million spent collecting thousands of samples that turned up only a handful of cheaters.
- NY congressman wants uniform drug standards in horse racing Updated: May-29-15 4:08 pm
NEW YORK - A New York congressman plans to introduce a federal bill establishing uniform drug and medication standards in thoroughbred racing that would be overseen by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and begin in 2017.
- Italian cycling team summoned for breaching rules Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
PARIS - The Movement for Credible Cycling as summoned the Bardiani-CSF team to a meeting next month after one of its riders entered the Giro d'Italia despite an abnormally low cortisol level.
- Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland dies at 77 Updated: May-16-15 11:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland has died after a battle against cancer, the International Olympic Committee said Saturday. He was 77.
- WADA lifts suspension of doping lab for 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: May-13-15 7:38 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has lifted the suspension of the drug-testing lab in Rio de Janeiro, clearing the way for its use at next year's Olympics.
- IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Gay doping case Updated: May-13-15 3:31 pm
LONDON - The entire U.S. men's sprint relay team was stripped of its silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday as a result of Tyson Gay's doping case.
- WADA: micro-doses of drugs could escape detection Updated: May-12-15 2:41 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has acknowledged that a French documentary "did raise questions" about the ability of athletes to take micro-doses of banned substances and escape detection under biological passport rules.
- WADA to appeal decision in Essendon supplements case Updated: May-11-15 11:54 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The World Anti-Doping Agency is set to appeal against the Australian Football League anti-doping tribunal's findings in the Essendon supplements case.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- Brazil hoping WADA approves anti-doping lab for Rio Olympics Updated: May-08-15 3:11 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian sports officials say they are hopeful a new anti-doping laboratory will be approved next week by the Montreal-based World Anti-Doping Agency.
- CAS sets 2-day hearing in Marta Dominguez doping case Updated: May-06-15 7:59 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Former world champion runner Marta Dominguez will face accusations of blood doping at a two-day hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- WADA slams French documentary on biological passport flaws Updated: May-05-15 10:56 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has criticized a French documentary showing how the use of micro-doses of banned substances could boost performance while escaping biological passport rules.