- Belarus tennis player escapes punishment over meldonium Updated: Apr-29-16 12:15 pm
LONDON - A player from Belarus has escaped punishment after testing positive for meldonium, the same substance found in Maria Sharapova's sample at the Australian Open, the International Tennis Federation says.
- Russian boxing champ Gradovich banned for doping Updated: Apr-28-16 12:24 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian anti-doping agency says former world boxing champion Evgeny Gradovich has been banned for two years for breaking anti-doping rules.
- Russia tops doping in 2014, athletics has most cases Updated: Apr-27-16 5:51 pm
MONTREAL - Russia was responsible for more doping violations than any other country in 2014, while track and field was the sport with the worst doping record over the year, according to the World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Rafael Nadal wants his drug-test results made public Updated: Apr-26-16 1:49 pm
LONDON - Fed up with being accused of doping, Rafael Nadal has written to the president of the International Tennis Federation and asked for all of his drug-test results and blood profile records to be made public.
- WADA appoints cycling doping expert to Russia project Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
MONTREAL - A former war crimes investigator who examined doping in the Lance Armstrong era of cycling will help rebuild Russia's discredited anti-doping program.
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho fails UEFA doping test Updated: Apr-23-16 11:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho failed a drugs test after last month's Europa League game against Manchester United and he has until Tuesday to explain it to UEFA.
- Report: Russia says athletes have 'moral right' to be in Rio Updated: Apr-23-16 5:10 am
BERLIN - Russia's sports minister is arguing in an interview with a German magazine that his country's athletes have a "moral right" to take part in the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Kenya president signs law making doping criminal offense Updated: Apr-22-16 1:54 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's president signed a law Friday that criminalizes doping and threatens drug cheats with prison sentences.
- Bolivia falls into line with WADA anti-doping code Updated: Apr-22-16 7:15 am
MONTREAL - Bolivia has been removed from the list of countries deemed non-compliant with the World Anti-Doping Agency code.
- China's anti-doping lab suspended over results error Updated: Apr-22-16 2:34 am
BEIJING - China's National Anti-Doping Agency says it is moving to fix problems at its testing laboratory that led the World Anti-Doping Agency to suspend it for a maximum period of four months.
- 3 Russian speed skaters have doping suspensions lifted Updated: Apr-21-16 12:44 pm
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's speed skating federation says three Russians, including an Olympic gold medalist, have had their provisional doping suspensions lifted after a change in guidelines on meldonium cases.
- IAAF expected to rule on Russian athletes' fate in June Updated: Apr-21-16 12:35 pm
MONACO - The IAAF council is expected to rule on the fate of Russian track and field at its next meeting in June.
- Kenya's marathon runners defend 'clean' and 'noble' sport Updated: Apr-20-16 3:00 pm
LONDON - Defending the integrity of athletics ahead of Sunday's London Marathon, Kenyan runners insisted Wednesday that they run clean and don't need to resort to doping in the pursuit of glory.
- ITF president says hearing scheduled in Sharapova case Updated: Apr-20-16 12:47 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A disciplinary hearing has been scheduled in Maria Sharapova's doping case, with a ruling possible before Wimbledon starts.
- Austrian anti-doping officials slam WADA's meldonium policy Updated: Apr-20-16 8:50 am
VIENNA - Austrian anti-doping authorities have slammed WADA's decision to relax its guidelines for meldonium cases, saying it's "a bad signal" ahead of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Russia says outside doping experts to start work this month Updated: Apr-20-16 7:35 am
MOSCOW - Russia says two outside experts will start work in Moscow this month to oversee anti-doping reforms.
- Bulgarian triple jumper Petrova has doping suspension lifted Updated: Apr-19-16 2:40 pm
MONACO - Bulgarian triple jumper Gabriela Petrova had her provisional doping suspension lifted Tuesday after a change in the guidelines regarding the banned substance meldonium.
- Ethiopians complete 1st-ever sweep of Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Ethiopians ran past the Kenyans on their way to the Boston Marathon finish line Monday and nearly swept them off the victory podium.
- CAS to hold hearings in May in Russian doping cases Updated: Apr-18-16 11:26 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport will hold hearings next month in the doping cases of 12 Russian track and field athletes hoping to compete at the Olympics.
- Meldonium's creator: Drug used to improve sexual performance Updated: Apr-18-16 8:18 am
MOSCOW - Some male athletes who have taken meldonium use it to improve sexual performance, the Latvian scientist who developed the recently banned drug said Monday.
- WADA revokes Moscow testing laboratory's accreditation Updated: Apr-15-16 7:06 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has stripped accreditation from the laboratory in Moscow implicated in a state-sponsored conspiracy.
- 14 athletes have suspensions lifted after meldonium ruling Updated: Apr-15-16 10:31 am
TBILISI, Georgia - At least 14 athletes from Russia and Georgia had their doping suspensions lifted Friday, two days after officials relaxed the rules about meldonium.
- Sports court throws out Russian doping case over late test Updated: Apr-14-16 1:24 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A Russian runner's two-year doping suspension was overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Thursday because her sample was retested beyond the eight-year statute of limitations.
- Belarusian lifter's provisional meldonium suspension lifted Updated: Apr-14-16 12:29 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A two-time Olympic medal-winning weightlifter from Belarus has had his provisional doping suspension lifted in line with new guidelines on meldonium cases.
- Ukrainian world indoors medalist fails test for meldonium Updated: Apr-14-16 10:12 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian athlete Anastasia Mokhnyuk has been provisionally suspended after becoming the second medalist from last month's world indoor track championships to test positive for meldonium.