- Kenya track federation HQ under police protection Updated: May-25-16 3:42 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Already mired in doping and corruption scandals, Kenya's track and field federation has called in police to help guard its headquarters, fearing disgruntled athletes might try to take over the premises in protest for a second time.
- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- Doping lab stands quiet as Russia swept by scandals Updated: May-24-16 2:36 pm
MOSCOW - Even as Russia is swept by one doping scandal after another, the national anti-doping laboratory stands almost idle.
- Isinbayeva vows lawsuit if Russia barred from Olympic track Updated: May-23-16 12:35 pm
MOSCOW - Two-time Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva plans to file suit if Russia's ban from global track and field competition remains in place and she is barred from competing at the games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Slovenian mountain biker Klemencic banned 2 years for doping Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Slovenian mountain biker Blaza Klemencic has been banned for two years for doping and had her results from the 2012 London Olympics wiped out.
- July 15 set as deadline for completion of Sochi doping probe Updated: May-23-16 6:18 am
MONTREAL - WADA's independent investigation into allegations of state-backed doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics will be completed by July 15.
- Efimova's provisional doping ban lifted by FINA Updated: May-22-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Four-time world champion Yulia Efimova has had her provisional doping suspension lifted by swimming's governing body.
- USOC leader: Flawed anti-doping system needs attention Updated: May-20-16 7:11 pm
The leader of the U.S. Olympic Committee says the latest anti-doping headlines make it "increasingly difficult to defend the current system."
- Sullivan: Doping allegations undermine Olympic confidence Updated: May-20-16 1:54 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan says allegations of doping by Russian athletes undermine the confidence in the competitive process of the Olympics and a spirit of respect among nations.
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Russian tennis head backtracks on Sharapova retirement claim Updated: May-19-16 8:28 am
MOSCOW - The head of the Russian Tennis Federation backtracked on his comments Thursday, saying he didn't mean to suggest that Maria Sharapova's failed doping test could spell the end of her career.
- The Latest: Hoketsu misses chance to become oldest Olympian Updated: May-19-16 7:31 am
LONDON - The Latest on the developments in the Olympic world (all times local):
- Bolt: Positive Beijing retests 'bad news' for sport Updated: May-18-16 3:30 pm
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt called it "really bad news" for sport after the announcement that 31 athletes were caught doping in retests from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Bach: Russia faces range of sanctions if state doping proven Updated: May-18-16 11:35 am
LONDON - The latest allegations of state-sponsored doping in Russia could lead to suspension of entire national federations, heavy fines and lifetime Olympic bans, IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday.
- Report: US launches investigation into Russian doping claims Updated: May-17-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. prosecutors are investigating claims that dozens of top Russian athletes participated in a sophisticated state-sponsored doping program, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- Questions and Answers on the Olympic doping retests Updated: May-17-16 12:49 pm
LONDON - The IOC announced Tuesday that 31 athletes in six sports and from 12 countries could be banned from the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after their doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Games came back positive in retests.
- SKorean Olympic chief hopes to see banned swimmer in Rio Updated: May-17-16 7:35 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The head of the South Korean Olympic Committee personally hopes to see former Olympic swimming champion Park Tae-hwan compete at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro despite his exclusion from the national team following a doping suspension.
- World Rugby approves Jarryd Hayne's switch to 7s from NFL Updated: May-16-16 4:55 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Former San Francisco 49ers running back Jarryd Hayne was eligible to play for the Fiji sevens rugby team at the Olympics and as early as the world series event in London this weekend, World Rugby said on Monday.
- WBC postpones Wilder-Povetkin fight after failed drug test Updated: May-15-16 4:34 pm
MOSCOW - Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder's title defense against Alexander Povetkin has been postponed by the WBC after the Russian challenger failed a drug test, and Wilder's promoter says it could be canceled altogether.
- Russia has doping problem and is 'sorry,' says minister Updated: May-15-16 10:37 am
MOSCOW - Russia has a "problem" with doping and is "very sorry" that its cheating athletes were not caught sooner, the country's sports minister said.
- Gatlin wins 100m at Shanghai Diamond League Updated: May-14-16 10:48 am
SHANGHAI - American sprinter Justin Gatlin's preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics got off to a solid start with a commanding win in the 100 meters at the Shanghai Diamond League meet on Saturday.
- A wave of bad news batters Olympics past, present and future Updated: May-13-16 2:35 pm
LONDON - Doping scandals. Bribery allegations. Fears about Zika. Political, economic and corruption crises.
- Russian boxer Povetkin fails drug test ahead of Wilder fight Updated: May-13-16 2:32 pm
MOSCOW - Alexander Povetkin's promoter says the Russian boxer has failed a drug test ahead of his WBC heavyweight title fight with reigning champion Deontay Wilder.
- Column: Throw Russia out but keep Kenya in the Rio Games Updated: May-13-16 1:45 pm
The trouble with collective punishment is that innocent people get hurt. Banning both Russia and Kenya from the Rio de Janeiro Olympics for doping would rob athletes who haven't sunk to pills and needles of a life-changing opportunity.
- IAAF won't ban Kenya from Rio Olympics, IOC unlikely to Updated: May-13-16 12:04 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Despite a surge of doping cases over the last four years, and an increasingly dysfunctional and now suspended drug-testing agency, Kenya's athletes were cleared to compete at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics by the IAAF on Friday.