- Tom Danielson tests positive for synthetic testosterone Updated: Aug-03-15 10:56 am
PARIS - American cyclist Tom Danielson tested positive for synthetic testosterone in an out-of-competition test last month and was immediately suspended by his team on Monday.
- Quintana to ride in Vuelta after 2nd place at Tour de France Updated: Aug-03-15 5:48 am
MADRID - Movistar cycling team says Tour de France runner-up Nairo Quintana will race in the Spanish Vuelta.
- Cycling team blames race organizers for San Sebastian crash Updated: Aug-02-15 11:56 am
BMC Racing Team is blaming organizers and the sport's governing body after cyclist Greg Van Avermaet was taken out by a race motorbike while leading the Clasica San Sebastian, the latest in a string of accidents that have knocked out riders for the U.S.-based team.
- Phinney to make comeback to cycling at Tour of Utah Updated: Jul-31-15 9:36 pm
Taylor Phinney had to endure such a long rehab from a devastating injury that the Olympic cyclist picked up painting and learned to fly a plane, just to help pass the time.
- Despite impressive Tour, African cycling team loses sponsor Updated: Jul-29-15 1:38 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - The title sponsor of the African cycling team that made an impressive debut at the Tour de France said Wednesday it was ending its agreement, citing the "normal business practice" of reviewing commercial agreements.
- Tejay van Garderen to compete at Spanish Vuelta Updated: Jul-29-15 10:12 am
PARIS - Tejay van Garderen will ride in the Spanish Vuelta next month after abandoning at the Tour de France because of illness.
- Italian cycling team faces UCI ban for doping by 2nd rider Updated: Jul-27-15 12:36 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Italian cycling team Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec faces being suspended from all races after a second rider tested positive for doping within weeks.
- 2 surrender, 1 hurt in barricade crash at Tour de France Updated: Jul-27-15 9:23 am
PARIS - A police official says two people have surrendered in the search for the driver of a car that tried to crash barricades near the Tour de France finish line.
- The Latest: Tour chief: Flat stage key in battle of climbers Updated: Jul-26-15 4:45 pm
PARIS - The Latest from the Tour de France (all times local):
- Chris Froome wins 2nd Tour de France Updated: Jul-26-15 4:06 pm
PARIS - All for one, one for all, and all bathed in yellow.
- Bend hotels jammed with Phish in town Updated: Jul-21-15 4:03 pm
BEND, Oregon - Shay Reitan, an employee at the Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast, remembers the spring day when the band Phish announced it would play two dates in July at the Les Schwab Amphitheater.
- Column: Important not to let Armstrong ruin Tour again Updated: Jul-21-15 12:02 pm
LES BLAYES, France - In his biography, Chris Froome recounts how his two elder brothers used to amuse themselves by locking him in a dog kennel with an angry, scratching turkey. "Only when I was in absolute floods of tears would they open the cage up and let me out," the Tour de France race leader recounts.
- New bike tour takes riders through Lake Leelanau vineyard Updated: Jul-13-15 4:17 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Biking and vineyard touring are two of the area's most popular summertime activities; combine them and you get "Cycle the Vineyards" by Grand Traverse Bike Tours.
- Paolini tests positive for cocaine at Tour de France Updated: Jul-10-15 3:17 pm
FOUGERES, France - This year's Tour de France was hit by its first doping case as Italian rider Luca Paolini was thrown out of the race on Friday after testing positive for cocaine during cycling's biggest event.
- Cyclist escapes penalty for alleged racist abuse in Austria Updated: Jul-10-15 12:03 pm
VIENNA - Belarussian cyclist Branislau Samoilau escaped punishment Friday for allegedly racially abusing a member of the African MTN-Qhubeka team during the Tour of Austria after apologizing to the victim and offering a donation to charity.
- After McIlroy soccer mishap, other freak athlete injuries Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 pm
It was playing soccer and not golf that left Rory McIlroy with a ruptured ligament in his right ankle.
- MPCC temporarily suspends Astana Updated: Jul-06-15 1:44 pm
HUY, Belgium - The Movement for Credible Cycling has temporarily suspended the Astana team after one of its riders entered the Tour de France despite an abnormally low cortisol level.