- TOUR DE FRANCE WATCH: Diamonds are a rider's best friends Updated: Jul-06-15 8:42 am
HUY, Belgium - By claiming the race leader's jersey in a sixth different Tour de France, Fabian Cancellara not only equaled one of Belgian great Eddy Merck's feats. He also earned a nice present for his wife.
- Cancellara in yellow jersey as stage 3 of Tour gets underway Updated: Jul-06-15 7:53 am
HUY, Belgium - Swiss veteran Fabian Cancellara defends the yellow jersey as riders set off on the third stage of the Tour de France, as the showcase race swings from the Netherlands into neighboring Belgium.
- The Latest: Nibali best among Tour favorites in 1st stage Updated: Jul-04-15 1:03 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - The Latest from the first stage of the Tour de France (all times local):
- Astana creates new controversy at Tour de France Updated: Jul-04-15 12:36 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - On the very first day of the Tour de France, Vincenzo Nibali's Astana team found itself at the heart of another controversy after allowing one of its riders to start the race despite questions raised over his testing results.
- Astana rider Lars Boom facing Tour de France exit Updated: Jul-03-15 7:26 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France champion Vincenzo Nibali's under-pressure Astana team requested teammate Lars Boom be removed from cycling's showpiece race for anomalous blood-testing results announced Friday.
- Bouhanni defies pain at Tour de France Updated: Jul-03-15 12:47 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - The Tour de France legend feeds itself on stories of pain and courage. Battered and bruised but still up for a fight, Nacer Bouhanni is ready to write another chapter of the race odyssey.
- 3 British bids to host 2017 Tour de France Grand Depart Updated: Jul-03-15 9:44 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme says he has received three bids from British candidates to host the Grand Depart in 2017.
- Tour de France? More like Tour de-void of Americans Updated: Jul-03-15 3:02 am
As the Tour de France drew near, Jonathan Vaughters was still poring over power outputs and training results, trying to determine the nine riders that he would send to represent Cannondale-Garmin at the start line in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
- Bicyclist killed in police, fire games competition Updated: Jul-02-15 8:01 pm
TRIANGLE, Virginia - Prince William County Police say a cyclist taking part in the World Police & Fire Games died after being in a chain-reaction collision during time trials in a northern Virginia park.
- Armstrong girlfriend must testify, Landis to produce records Updated: Jul-02-15 6:24 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong's girlfriend can be questioned under oath about what she knows of his doping past, and his former teammate-turned-antagonist Floyd Landis will have to turn over records of investigations into his own previous doping case, a federal judge has decided.
- Contador has yellow on his mind as he eyes 3rd Tour title Updated: Jul-02-15 11:56 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France contender Alberto Contador's serious-looking face cracked into a beaming smile during a lighthearted moment at his pre-race news conference on Thursday, when he was joined by an unexpected guest.
- 10 riders to watch at the Tour de France Updated: Jul-02-15 10:23 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - 10 riders to watch in the Tour de France, which starts on Saturday in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Pioneering 16-year-old breaking baseball barriers for women Updated: Jul-01-15 6:41 pm
PARIS - Simply by playing ball, Melissa Mayeux is busting through barriers.
- 2016 Giro d'Italia will start with 3 stages in Netherlands Updated: Jun-26-15 8:12 am
MILAN - Next year's Giro d'Italia will start on May 6 with three stages in the Netherlands.
- Tour organizers change 2015 route after landslide Updated: Jun-25-15 5:45 am
PARIS - Tour de France organizers have changed the route of the 20th stage of this year's race following a landslide in the French Alps.
- 2013 Tour de France champ Froome missed drug test this year Updated: Jun-24-15 8:06 pm
PARIS - Former Tour de France champion Chris Froome revealed on Wednesday he missed a drug test this year while taking a couple of days off in Italy with his wife.
- Dutch police plan to interrupt Tour de France in Rotterdam Updated: Jun-24-15 7:32 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police campaigning for better working conditions say they plan to interrupt the Tour de France as it passes through the port city of Rotterdam.
- Activists seek to steer cyclists away from Confederate icons Updated: Jun-24-15 3:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Activists who have battled a ballpark in Richmond's former slave-trading center are now taking aim at the Confederacy.
- Frank Schleck out of Tour de France with knee injury Updated: Jun-23-15 11:09 am
PARIS - Frank Schleck will not compete in the Tour de France because of a knee injury.
- 2 Eritreans on 1st African team at Tour de France Updated: Jun-23-15 10:08 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Two Eritrean cyclists will be the first from their country to compete at the Tour de France after being named in the MTN-Qhubeka team's final lineup on Tuesday.
- Anti-doping report: Riis knew about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-23-15 9:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis chose to ignore drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC, a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency said on Tuesday.
- Spilak wins Tour de Suisse, Thomas lets time-trial lead slip Updated: Jun-21-15 12:26 pm
BERN, Switzerland - Simon Spilak of Slovenia won the Tour de Suisse by just five seconds on Sunday, when Geraint Thomas tired late in the time-trial stage.
- Verbruggen threatens UCI with lawsuit over doping report Updated: Jun-17-15 10:11 am
PARIS - Former UCI president Hein Verbruggen threatened legal action against cycling's governing body on Wednesday over its "outrageously biased, misleading and frequently wrong" investigation into the sport's doping past.
- Philippe Gilbert out of Tour de France with leg injury Updated: Jun-16-15 8:53 am
PARIS - Former world champion Philippe Gilbert won't ride in the Tour de France next month because of a right leg injury.
- Lance Armstrong riding Ride the Rockies stage in Colorado Updated: Jun-15-15 10:35 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Lance Armstrong is joining cyclists on the second leg of the 30th annual Ride the Rockies in western Colorado.