- Lindeman pounces on Cousin's mistake to win 7th Vuelta stage Updated: Aug-28-15 1:56 pm
LA ALPUJARRA, Spain - Bert Jan Lindeman of the Netherlands took advantage of a mistake by Jerome Cousin of France to sprint ahead and win the seventh stage of the Spanish Vuelta on Friday, while Esteban Chaves of Colombia retained the overall race-leader's red jersey.
- CONI calls Dr. Ferrari and son in for doping hearings Updated: Aug-27-15 12:23 pm
ROME - Lance Armstrong's former physician Michele Ferrari and his son Stefano have been called in for hearings next week with the Italian Olympic Committee's anti-doping prosecutor for allegedly providing illegal drug assistance to a biathlete.
- Australia's Rohan Dennis wins USA Pro Challenge Updated: Aug-23-15 7:39 pm
DENVER - Australia's Rohan Dennis won the USA Pro Challenge on Sunday, finishing in the main pack to take the overall title by 40 seconds over teammate Brent Bookwalter of the United States.
- Vuelta's 'unsafe' 1st stage won't count for individual times Updated: Aug-21-15 8:20 am
BARCELONA, Spain - The Spanish Vuelta says the race's opening team time trial will not count toward the overall standings, after complaints about safety from cyclists.
- Froome aims to add Vuelta to Tour title Updated: Aug-20-15 10:05 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Chris Froome will be racing both for and against history when the Spanish Vuelta starts Saturday.
- Quintana, Valverde to lead Movistar at Spanish Vuelta Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 am
MADRID - Nairo Quintana and Alejandro Valverde, the second- and third-place finishers at last month's Tour de France, have been named co-leaders of Movistar's nine-man team for the Spanish Vuelta.
- Froome leads Team Sky at Vuelta, goes for Grand Tour double Updated: Aug-17-15 7:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tour de France champion Chris Froome will lead Team Sky at the Spanish Vuelta as he looks to become only the third rider to win both of the Grand Tour races in the same year.
- Photo team mugged while covering Rio Olympic test event Updated: Aug-16-15 4:46 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian officials say a team of photographers on contract to Rio de Janeiro's city government were mugged while covering a road cycling test event for next year's Olympics in Rio.
- Tour de France winner Chris Froome to ride Spanish Vuelta Updated: Aug-10-15 1:38 pm
MADRID - Tour de France winner Chris Froome will ride in this year's edition of the Spanish Vuelta, set to start in less than two weeks.
- The Miller School opens doors for high school cycling Updated: Aug-08-15 2:40 am
Peter Hufnagel remembers the night his dream became a reality.
- Tom Danielson tests positive for synthetic testosterone Updated: Aug-03-15 10:56 am
PARIS - American cyclist Tom Danielson tested positive for synthetic testosterone in an out-of-competition test last month and was immediately suspended by his team on Monday.
- Quintana to ride in Vuelta after 2nd place at Tour de France Updated: Aug-03-15 5:48 am
MADRID - Movistar cycling team says Tour de France runner-up Nairo Quintana will race in the Spanish Vuelta.
- Cycling team blames race organizers for San Sebastian crash Updated: Aug-02-15 11:56 am
BMC Racing Team is blaming organizers and the sport's governing body after cyclist Greg Van Avermaet was taken out by a race motorbike while leading the Clasica San Sebastian, the latest in a string of accidents that have knocked out riders for the U.S.-based team.
- Phinney to make comeback to cycling at Tour of Utah Updated: Jul-31-15 9:36 pm
Taylor Phinney had to endure such a long rehab from a devastating injury that the Olympic cyclist picked up painting and learned to fly a plane, just to help pass the time.