- Danks goes the distance as White Sox beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Sep-05-15 12:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - John Danks loves it in Kansas City, but Royals might prefer the city barred the White Sox left-hander from future visits.
- Rockies send Giants to 7th straight loss, 2-1 Updated: Sep-04-15 11:59 pm
DENVER - Nolan Arenado and Carlos Gonzalez hit back-to-back homers in the first inning, backing a strong outing by Jorge De La Rosa, and the Colorado Rockies beat San Francisco 2-1 on Friday night to send the Giants to their seventh straight loss.
- Happ pitches 7 scoreless to lead Pirates past Cardinals, 9-3 Updated: Sep-04-15 11:53 pm
- Jays suffer rare rout as Orioles win 10-2 Updated: Sep-04-15 11:32 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays experienced something Friday night that hadn't happened to them in exactly two months: a blowout loss.
- Prado's RBI double in 11th gives Marlins 6-5 win over Mets Updated: Sep-04-15 11:23 pm
- Davis hits 2 HRs, Orioles beat Jays 10-2 Updated: Sep-04-15 11:17 pm
TORONTO - Another two-homer game by Baltimore slugger Chris Davis gave him a spot in the Orioles record book.
- Taylor's pinch-hit HR lifts Nationals over Braves, 5-2 in 10 Updated: Sep-04-15 11:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Michael Taylor had a pinch-hit, three-run homer in the bottom of the 10th inning to lift the Washington Nationals to a 5-2 win over the Atlanta Braves on Friday night.
- Odorizzi allows only 3 hits, but all HRs, Rays lose to Yanks Updated: Sep-04-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Jake Odorizzi gets the worst run support among American League starters, so he can't afford to give up much.
- Detroit Tigers see season collapsing down the stretch Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers aren't used to being in the position of only playing for pride.
- McHugh, Conger lead Houston to 8-0 win over Twins Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
- Josh Tomlin throws a four-hitter and Indians beat Tigers 8-1 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:57 pm
DETROIT - Normally, Jerry Sands is just another light-hitting utilityman who spends a lot of time riding buses in Triple-A.
- Kelly wins 7th straight start; Red Sox beat Phillies 7-5 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:51 pm
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. hit a solo homer and David Ortiz an RBI double in Boston's four-run seventh inning as Joe Kelly won his seventh straight start and the Red Sox beat the Philadelphia Phillies 7-5 Friday night.
- Rookie Severino wins again, Yankees hit 3 HRs to beat Rays Updated: Sep-04-15 10:32 pm
NEW YORK - On and off the mound, Luis Severino seemed completely at ease.
- Tennis officials eye security after drone crashes at US Open Updated: Sep-04-15 10:11 pm
NEW YORK - A drone crash during a U.S. Open match has tennis officials thinking about whether they can do more to safeguard the sprawling National Tennis Center from such hazards, a spokesman said Friday.
- Brewers at Reds game postponed because of rain Updated: Sep-04-15 9:33 pm
CINCINNATI - This was a new and unexpected experience for Craig Counsell: Sitting through the rain.
- Davis homers twice again, passes Cruz for ML lead Updated: Sep-04-15 9:30 pm
- Brewers at Reds game postponed because of rain Updated: Sep-04-15 9:15 pm
CINCINNATI - Rain keeps falling on the Reds.
- Angels 2B Giavotella out indefinitely Updated: Sep-04-15 9:03 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Angels second baseman Johnny Giavotella has been diagnosed with fourth cranial nerve palsy, a condition that is expected to keep him sidelined indefinitely.
- Crawford back in Giants' lineup after missing 3 games Updated: Sep-04-15 9:02 pm
DENVER - Shortstop Brandon Crawford, sidelined the past three games by a calf injury, returned to the San Francisco Giants' starting lineup Friday night against Colorado.
- Rockies' Morneau back from 4-month DL stint after concussion Updated: Sep-04-15 8:47 pm
DENVER - First baseman Justin Morneau was back in the Colorado Rockies' starting lineup Friday after being reinstated from the 60-day disabled list after recovering from concussion symptoms that sidelined him nearly four months.
- LEADING OFF: Baez back in bigs, Goldschmidt returns a father Updated: Sep-04-15 8:24 pm
A look at what's happening all round the major leagues Saturday:
- Godley falters early in Diamondbacks 14-5 loss to Cubs Updated: Sep-04-15 7:56 pm
CHICAGO - Zack Godley made no excuses. He just didn't have it.
- Mets have no plans to shut pitcher Matt Harvey down Updated: Sep-04-15 7:03 pm
MIAMI - The New York Mets plan for Matt Harvey to keep pitching as long as they keep playing.
- Red Sox 3B Sandoval scratched with back tightness Updated: Sep-04-15 7:03 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval was scratched from Friday night's game against the Philadelphia Phillies because of back tightness.
- 3 minor leaguers suspended for positive drug tests Updated: Sep-04-15 6:33 pm
Texas right-hander Victor Gonzalez has been suspended for the first 72 games of next season following a positive test under baseball's minor league drug program, and Seattle left-hander Joe Pistorese and free-agent outfielder Anderson Caro have been banned 50 games each.