- Obama honoring Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra and more Updated: Nov-24-15 10:54 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama recognized 17 Americans with the nation's highest civilian award on Tuesday, including the first African-American woman elected to Congress, one of the greatest catchers in baseball history and a "Funny Girl."
- Los Angeles Angels sign veteran catcher Geovany Soto Updated: Nov-24-15 10:45 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Free-agent catcher Geovany Soto and the Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a one-year contract.
- Bud Black rejoins LA Angels in front-office job Updated: Nov-24-15 10:10 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Bud Black has rejoined the Los Angeles Angels as a special assistant to the general manager.
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in Hawaii Updated: Nov-24-15 9:20 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes is pleading not guilty to allegations of abusing his wife at a Hawaii resort.
- Mets sign right-hander Pimentel to minor league contract Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets and right-hander Stolmy Pimentel have agreed to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.
- White Sox acquire RHP Kahnle from Rockies for minor leaguer Updated: Nov-24-15 5:31 pm
- Carpenter, Lavarnway agree to minor league deals with Braves Updated: Nov-24-15 4:25 pm
ATLANTA - Right-hander David Carpenter has agreed to a minor league contract with the Atlanta Braves.
- Marlins fire TV analyst Tommy Hutton after 19 seasons Updated: Nov-24-15 3:56 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins have fired Tommy Hutton, their TV analyst for 19 years.
- Chris Iannetta, Mariners agree to $4.25 million 1-year deal Updated: Nov-24-15 3:38 pm
SEATTLE - Chris Iannetta has a new team and a chance to prove last season was a disappointing outlier in his career.
- Atlanta reveals 3 bidders for Turner Field redevelopment Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
ATLANTA - Three groups, including Georgia State University, have submitted bids to acquire all or part of Turner Field, according to the recreation authority overseeing the sale and redevelopment of the ballpark.
- Japanese pitcher Maeda expresses intent to move to MLB Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 am
TOKYO - Japanese pitcher Kenta Maeda says he wants to play for a team in Major League Baseball next season.
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Brewers to open spring training schedule against UWM Updated: Nov-23-15 8:32 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers will open their 2016 spring training schedule on March 2 against the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- McClendon hired to manage Triple-A Toledo Updated: Nov-23-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Lloyd McClendon is returning to the Detroit organization as manager of the Tigers' Triple-A team.
- Schilling subpoena approved, but it's not clear he'll get it Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A subpoena was approved Monday compelling former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling to appear before a committee probing Rhode Island's $75 million deal with his failed video game company. But the subpoena is not enforceable outside the state and Schilling lives in neighboring Massachusetts, so it's unclear whether he will ever be served with it.
- Hall of Famer Rod Carew, 70, hopes to get heart transplant Updated: Nov-23-15 5:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hall of Famer Rod Carew is hoping to qualify for a heart transplant after a massive heart attack two months ago.
- White Sox hire Rowand as minor-league instructor Updated: Nov-23-15 3:30 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have hired 2005 championship team center fielder Aaron Rowand as minor-league outfield and base-running instructor.
- Seattle adds Candaele and Hampton to coaching staff Updated: Nov-23-15 3:15 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have added Casey Candaele as first base coach and Mike Hampton as bullpen coach on the staff of first-time manager Scott Servais.
- Almonte lifts Aguilas Cibaenas past Cardenales de Lara Updated: Nov-23-15 12:10 am
MIAMI - Zoilo Almonte broke a tie with a two-run single in the top of the ninth inning to lead Aguilas Cibaenas to a 4-3 victory over Cardenales de Lara on Sunday night in the championship game of the inaugural Serie de las Americas professional baseball tournament at Marlins Park.
- Tigres del Licey beats Navegantes de Magallanes 4-2 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:53 pm
MIAMI - Rymer Liriano hit a tiebreaking RBI double in the ninth inning, and Tigres del Licey of the Dominican Republic Winter League beat Navegantes de Magallanes of the Venezuelan Winter League 4-2 in an exhibition on the second day of the inaugural Serie de las Americas on Sunday at Marlins Park.
- Villar has 3 hits, Aguilas advances in Serie de las Americas Updated: Nov-22-15 12:15 am
MIAMI - Jonathan Villar got three hits and drove in two runs as Aguilas Cibaenas defeated Tigres de Licey 4-2 Saturday night in the inaugural Serie de las Americas.
- Cardenales advances in Serie de las Americas Updated: Nov-21-15 11:56 pm
MIAMI - Nestor Molina allowed one run in six innings to help Cardenales de Lara beat Navegantes del Magallanes 7-1 on Saturday in the inaugural Serie de las Americas tournament at Marlins Park.
- NASCAR's Gordon tries to win championship in career finale Updated: Nov-21-15 1:46 pm
HOMESTEAD, Florida - Jeff Gordon is trying to achieve what few sports greats have done before - win a championship in his final season. A surefire future Hall of Famer, Gordon can clinch his fifth career NASCAR Sprint Cup championship on Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Park leads South Korea to 8-0 win over US in Premier12 final Updated: Nov-21-15 9:48 am
TOKYO - Byung Ho Park bolstered his MLB credentials with a three-run homer in the fifth inning as South Korea routed the United States 8-0 Saturday to win the inaugural Premier12 baseball tournament.
- Dodgers add pitchers Cotton and Stripling to 40-man roster Updated: Nov-21-15 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have selected the contracts of right-handed pitchers Jharel Cotton and Ross Stripling, adding them to the 40-man roster.