- Buchholz tosses complete game, Red Sox beat Astros 6-1 Updated: Jul-04-15 4:59 pm
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz pitched a six-hitter to win his fourth straight start, coming within one out of a shutout as the Boston Red Sox rebounded from a tough loss with a 6-1 victory over the Houston Astros on Saturday.
- Bumgarner struggles; Giants suffer 9-3 loss to Nats Updated: Jul-04-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Madison Bumgarner barely broke a sweat before the Nationals got to him.
- Martinez homers to back Price as Tigers beat Blue Jays 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 4:50 pm
- Nationals pitcher Strasburg exits early with injury Updated: Jul-04-15 4:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals' pitcher Stephen Strasburg left Saturday's game against the San Francisco Giants in the fourth inning after experiencing tightness in his left side.
- Twins' Santana reinstated from suspension, will start Sunday Updated: Jul-04-15 4:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Minnesota Twins pitcher Ervin Santana has been reinstated following an 80-game drug suspension and is scheduled to start Sunday against the Kansas City Royals.
- Strasburg injured in Nats' 9-3 win over SF Updated: Jul-04-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Seems like every bat Bryce Harper uses this season provides fireworks for the Washington Nationals.
- Yankees beat Rays 3-2 on 9th-inning error by Boxberger Updated: Jul-04-15 4:17 pm
- Orioles keep Gausman in rotation, move Norris to bullpen Updated: Jul-04-15 2:57 pm
- Andrew Miller could be back with Yankees soon Updated: Jul-04-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Injured closer Andrew Miller threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and could soon return to the New York Yankees.
- Rays bring up Teaford, send down Riefenhauser Updated: Jul-04-15 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Wanting to have a long reliever in the bullpen after a pair of extra-inning games, the Tampa Bay Rays selected the contract of left-hander Everett Teaford from Durham of the Triple-A International League.
- Red Sox recall RHP Wright; option RHP Ramirez Updated: Jul-04-15 12:26 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have bolstered their bullpen by recalling right-hander Steven Wright from Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 12:14 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Boxing champion to be presented with key to Birmingham Updated: Jul-04-15 9:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham Mayor William Bell is scheduled to present WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder with a key to the city.
- Rockies stymied after fast start, lose 4-3 to D-backs in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 3:38 am
PHOENIX - The Colorado Rockies got off to a fine start on Friday night, but things fizzled.
- Pennington's sac fly in 10th wins it for Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 2:59 am
PHOENIX - Cliff Pennington added to his list of walkoff RBIs.
- Dodgers begin 10-game homestand with 2-1 loss to Mets Updated: Jul-04-15 2:56 am
- McCutchen hits 2-run homer in Pirates' 5-2 loss to Indians Updated: Jul-04-15 2:42 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates trailed by one run when rain stopped play for more than two hours in the bottom of the seventh inning. After play resumed, Cleveland added to its lead in the top of the eighth and snapped Pittsburgh's three-game win streak.
- Mets begin road trip with 2-1 win over Dodgers Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Noah Snydergaard is growing up quickly in the major leagues.
- 4 home runs too much for A's to overcome Updated: Jul-04-15 1:54 am
OAKLAND, California - Jesse Chavez still can't get a win against the Seattle Mariners. Towering two-run home runs by Logan Morrison and Seth Smith made sure of that.
- Bourn has 3 RBIs to lead Indians to 5-2 win over Pirates Updated: Jul-04-15 1:45 am
PITTSBURGH - Michael Bourn believes Cleveland's five-game winning streak is proof the Indians are going to be in contention down the stretch despite a slow start.
- Tough MLB debut for Noe Ramirez; Astros beat Sox 12-8 in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
BOSTON - The bullpen door opened and Noe Ramirez jogged into a major league game for first time in his career.
- Mariners hit 4 HRs in 9-5 win over A's Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
OAKLAND, California - J.A. Happ acknowledged his frustration through a series of losses and no-decisions that had piled up since early May. He got a breather Friday night.
- Rays give up 2 leads, 2 big homers in loss to Yanks in 12 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:14 am
- Twins unable to handle Cain, lose 3-2 to Royals in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:08 am
- Cain has 3 hits to lead Royals over Twins 3-2 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-04-15 12:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain had a hand's on approach in the Kansas City Royals' come-from-behind victory.