- Jimmie Johnson hopes for Dover dominance in 500th start Updated: Oct-03-15 3:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Jimmie Johnson was still only a prospect in NASCAR's developmental series when he tried to work up the nerve to talk to Jeff Gordon.
- Bowyer lands ride with HScott before replacing Tony Stewart Updated: Oct-02-15 4:15 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Clint Bowyer hopes his one-year pit stop at HScott Motorsports is more than just a footnote on his career.
- Veteran driver Sadler signs with Earnhardt for Xfinity ride Updated: Oct-02-15 11:28 am
DOVER, Delaware - Elliott Sadler will drive for JR Motorsports in the Xfinity Series in 2016.
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart will retire from Cup racing after '16 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:42 pm
KANNAPOLIS, North Carolina - There was no final straw, no outside influence, no personal trauma that led Tony Stewart to set an expiration date on his NASCAR career.
- NASCAR's Clint Bowyer gets biggest opportunity of his career Updated: Sep-30-15 4:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Clint Bowyer began the season with a three-year contract to drive for Michael Waltrip. He got an even better deal - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity - before he even completed the first season of his new contract.
- Appeals panel upholds penalties against Bowyer and MWR Updated: Sep-30-15 3:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - An appeals committee has upheld penalties against Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip Racing that effectively ends any shot Bowyer had at winning the Sprint Cup championship.
- Lawsuit against NASCAR driver Stewart to stay in central NY Updated: Sep-30-15 8:56 am
UTICA, New York - A federal judge has ruled that a lawsuit against NASCAR driver Tony Stewart over the death of a driver he ran over during a race will remain in central New York.
- Pocono Raceway adds NASCAR race to 2016 lineup Updated: Sep-29-15 11:51 am
LONG POND, Pennsylvania - Pocono Raceway has added a race from NASCAR's Xfinity Series to its 2016 schedule.
- NASCAR rep to speak at green business meeting in Columbia Updated: Sep-29-15 4:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A representative from NASCAR is speaking this week at a meeting in Columbia on sustainability.
- Column: Retirement will give Tony Stewart freedom he seeks Updated: Sep-28-15 3:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tony Stewart picked his way through the crowd surrounding a red carpet at Chicagoland Speedway to make his way to the pre-race driver meeting. Dance music blared from two large speakers at the front of the tent, celebrities and other dignitaries sat in special seats and fans craned their necks for a glimpse of NASCAR's stars.
- Gordon sets NASCAR record with 789th straight start Updated: Sep-27-15 7:44 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Jeff Gordon kissed his wife and high-fived his two young children on pit road, a part of his life missing when he made his Cup debut in 1992.
- Matt Kenseth wins 2nd race of NASCAR's playoffs Updated: Sep-27-15 7:42 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Matt Kenseth had the fresher tires and the fuller tank as he stalked Kevin Harvick with postseason advancement at stake.
- Truex earns extension with Furniture Row, jumps to Toyota Updated: Sep-27-15 1:32 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Martin Truex Jr. is sticking with Furniture Row Racing for 2016 - only he'll make a hopeful championship push in a Toyota.
- Ryan Blaney wins Xfinity race at Kentucky Speedway Updated: Sep-27-15 3:16 am
SPARTA, Kentucky - Ryan Blaney completed a Team Penske season sweep of the NASCAR Xfinity Series races at Kentucky Speedway, beating Ty Dillon in a green-white-checkered finish Saturday night.
- Austin Dillon wins Truck Series' milestone 500th race Updated: Sep-26-15 4:28 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Austin Dillon led 80 laps and won from the pole Saturday at New Hampshire Motorspeedway in the milestone 500th NASCAR Truck Series race.
- Harvick, Edwards top final speed charts at New Hampshire Updated: Sep-26-15 1:53 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Carl Edwards and Kevin Harvick start 1-2 in Sunday's race at New Hampshire, and they topped the speed charts in the final practices.
- Carl Edwards wins pole at New Hampshire for 2nd Chase race Updated: Sep-25-15 7:03 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Carl Edwards will start from the pole in his bid to give Joe Gibbs Racing its fourth straight victory.
- Kurt Busch crew chief in New Hampshire after appendectomy Updated: Sep-25-15 3:48 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Tony Gibson started working with Jimmie Johnson's trainer in July to get fit headed into the heart of the NASCAR season.
- Edwards tops speed chart during practice at New Hampshire Updated: Sep-25-15 2:31 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Carl Edwards was fastest in the lone practice session Friday for the second race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
- Clint Bowyer's title hopes hit hard by NASCAR penalties Updated: Sep-23-15 4:16 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Clint Bowyer's slim shot at winning the Sprint Cup championship in Michael Waltrip Racing's final season took a huge hit Wednesday when NASCAR penalized the team for an infraction in the opening playoff race.
- Pipeline: Xfinity drivers looking for bounce to Sprint Cup Updated: Sep-23-15 3:44 pm
DARLINGTON, South Carolina - Chase Elliott is certain he made strides from his time in the Xfinity Series. He knows he would not be ready for Sprint Cup racing next year without his Xfinity time.
- Sunoco becomes 4th major sponsor of Daytona Rising Updated: Sep-22-15 11:36 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Sunoco is the latest sponsor of Daytona International Speedway's redevelopment project.
- Harvick on ropes after crash and confrontation with Johnson Updated: Sep-21-15 3:42 pm
JOLIET, Illinois - Nonplussed by Joe Gibbs Racing's red-hot ride into NASCAR's playoffs, Kevin Harvick confidently predicted they wouldn't get in his way of a second consecutive championship.
- Harvick crashes in opening race of NASCAR's playoffs Updated: Sep-20-15 5:57 pm
JOLIET, Illinois - NASCAR champion Kevin Harvick crashed Sunday in the opening race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
- Kyle Busch beats Matt Kenseth to give JGR Xfinity Series win Updated: Sep-19-15 9:09 pm
JOLIET, Illinois - Joe Gibbs Racing grabbed its first victory of the weekend on Saturday night when Kyle Busch won the Xfinity Series race at Chicagoland Speedway.