- Recovered and ready to race, Vickers set for Daytona return Updated: Feb-12-16 5:27 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Brian Vickers might have been more easily found on TV this week pitching a blood-thinning drug instead of practicing for the Daytona 500.
- HScott Motorsports leases charter to secure ride for Annett Updated: Feb-12-16 4:38 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - HScott Motorsports has leased a charter from Premium Motorsports to secure a ride for Michael Annett for the 2016 season.
- NASCAR's new charter system shuts out storied Wood Brothers Updated: Feb-12-16 4:31 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - It's been 10 years since the Wood Brothers completed a full NASCAR season, and they stopped trying to make it to the track each week in 2009.
- Tony Stewart out of bed, streams update from treadmill Updated: Feb-12-16 1:44 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Injured NASCAR star Tony Stewart is out of bed and walking again, entertaining fans while live-streaming from a treadmill Friday.
- WWE star Cena named honorary pace car driver for Daytona 500 Updated: Feb-12-16 11:55 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Wrestling star and actor John Cena will serve as the honorary pace car driver for the season-opening Daytona 500.
- NASCAR opens 2016 season without 2 of its biggest stars Updated: Feb-11-16 6:18 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jeff Gordon will be in the booth and Tony Stewart in a bed when the NASCAR season begins.
- Former NASCAR racer Lennie Pond dies at 75 Updated: Feb-11-16 6:12 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lennie Pond, who raced for 17 years in NASCAR's premier series, has died. He was 75.
- NASCAR creates 'overtime line' in new rules finish Updated: Feb-11-16 5:48 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Looking to end the frustration and confusion that comes when caution flags come out late in its races, NASCAR announced Thursday that it is shifting to an unlimited green-white-checkered finish protocol and establishing an "overtime line" to determine the winner.
- Vickers to replace Tony Stewart at Daytona Updated: Feb-10-16 10:22 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Brian Vickers is expected to replace injured driver Tony Stewart for the NASCAR season opener at Daytona International Speedway, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
- NASCAR allows franchise system to give team owners value Updated: Feb-09-16 4:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR announced a dramatic overhaul of its business model Tuesday, shifting to a franchise-like system that is intended to provide actual value and financial stability to team owners after decades of heavy reliance on sponsors.
- Injured Tony Stewart to miss start of final NASCAR season Updated: Feb-04-16 3:13 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tony Stewart will miss the start of his final NASCAR season after fracturing his back in an accident on an all-terrain vehicle, Stewart-Haas Racing said Thursday.
- IndyCar puts safety at top of priority list entering 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 6:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials are trying to make racing safer and more appealing in 2016.
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart hospitalized with back injury Updated: Feb-02-16 2:33 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart was hospitalized Tuesday with a back injury and Stewart-Haas Racing said the team was unsure of the extent of his injuries just a week before he is expected in Daytona to prepare for his final season in Sprint Cup.
- Columbia groups sponsors Anderson's NASCAR truck Updated: Jan-27-16 3:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Columbia is backing hometown NASCAR truck racer Jordan Anderson this season.
- Legendary NASCAR broadcaster Barney Hall dies at 83 Updated: Jan-27-16 1:27 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Barney Hall, whose folksy delivery brought NASCAR racing to life for radio listeners across the country for more than five decades, died late Tuesday. He was 83.
- Smith delights crowd during off-the-cuff induction speech Updated: Jan-23-16 5:39 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Bruton Smith, the colorful chairman of Speedway Motorsports Inc., delighted the audience with an off-the-cuff speech Saturday while accepting his place in NASCAR's Hall of Fame, touching on everything from his building of Charlotte Motor Speedway to his unwavering support of Coca-Cola.
- Roush Fenway Racing hopes new personnel improves competition Updated: Jan-20-16 4:14 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Roush Fenway Racing opened last season with the same optimism as every other team in NASCAR.
- Truex reunites with Bass Pro Shops for 2016 Updated: Jan-19-16 6:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Furniture Row Racing has signed a sponsorship agreement with Bass Pro Shops for Martin Truex Jr.
- Joe Gibbs Racing makes a pair of crew chief changes for 2016 Updated: Jan-19-16 4:36 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Joe Gibbs Racing capped 2015 with its first Sprint Cup championship in a decade. Then the team made some major changes to one of the strongest organizations in NASCAR.
- NASCAR expands Chase format to other 2 national series Updated: Jan-19-16 1:39 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR is expanding its Chase format to include its feeder series, meaning the champions from the Xfinity and Truck Series will now be crowned in a four-driver shootout at the season finale.
- Corpus Christi's Labonte prepares for NASCAR Hall of Fame Updated: Jan-18-16 6:03 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The distinction of being a hall of famer is something that never really crossed Terry Labonte's mind in his racing career.
- Abreu's late pass leads to second straight Chili Bowl win Updated: Jan-17-16 1:32 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Rico Abreu celebrated one of the biggest victories of his career a year ago at the prestigious Chili Bowl, shortly before making one of the biggest moves of his career.
- Tulsa police investigating case of Tony Stewart, heckler Updated: Jan-16-16 4:07 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police are investigating after an off-duty officer heckled NASCAR star Tony Stewart and was confronted by the driver.
- Midgets champion Abreu making move to NASCAR Trucks Series Updated: Jan-15-16 2:54 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Rico Abreu doesn't have much free time on his hands these days to contemplate his rapid ascent as one of the most popular drivers in the country.
- NASCAR's Truex celebrates girlfriend beating ovarian cancer Updated: Jan-14-16 4:35 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Martin Truex Jr. let wide-eyed employees at an NHL arena try on his race helmet. At least one struggled to figure out how to squeeze the helmet on before she posed for a few photos for a keepsake.