- Waltrip: 'A lot of unrest' in NASCAR led to driver council Updated: Jun-03-15 5:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR has never had much of an appetite for drivers uniting to create a single voice. The sanctioning body once banned Curtis Turner for trying to form a union in 1961.
- NASCAR fines Bayne, Cobb for walking on track at Dover Updated: Jun-03-15 4:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR fined two drivers on Wednesday for walking across the race track at Dover last weekend.
- Larson looking for answers during puzzling sophomore slump Updated: Jun-03-15 4:10 pm
- Column: NASCAR has long needed a driver council for feedback Updated: Jun-01-15 4:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It started last fall as a text message chain that included roughly 20 of NASCAR's top drivers. The purpose of that group chat was for the drivers to hash out where the current rules package was headed and attempt to gain a consensus on what was best for the competitors.
- Johnson makes history with 10th win at Dover Updated: May-31-15 10:23 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Jimmie Johnson took the congratulatory call from his boss, then flipped the phone for a selfie.
- Buescher wins Xfinity race at Dover International Speedway Updated: May-30-15 5:48 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Chris Buescher stretched his fuel, connected with a teammate and held on to win the Xfinity Series race at Dover International Speedway on Saturday.
- Reddick takes charge late to win Truck Series race at Dover Updated: May-29-15 8:23 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Tyler Reddick took the lead with seven laps left and held on to win the Camping World Truck Series race Friday night at Dover International Speedway.
- Hamlin wins the pole at Dover International Speedway Updated: May-29-15 5:51 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Denny Hamlin was in the clear, in his head and on the track.
- Baby on board: NASCAR driver Landon Cassill a father Updated: May-29-15 4:21 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Landon Cassill is ready to take a run at fatherhood with the birth of a son.
- Lawmakers proclaim "Darlington Raceway Week" Updated: May-28-15 6:54 pm
DARLINGTON, South Carolina - South Carolina lawmakers have made the first week in September "Darlington Raceway Week" as the track prepares for Labor Day weekend racing.
- NASCAR penalizes 3 teams for infractions at Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-27-15 7:09 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR penalized three teams Wednesday for infractions at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- NASCAR: Biffle thinks Roush Fenway turning corner Updated: May-27-15 4:35 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Greg Biffle is not celebrating yet. But he believes Roush Fenway Racing is improving after a couple of down years trying to catch up to its rivals.
- Joey Logano helps speedway celebrate 25 years of NASCAR Updated: May-27-15 3:34 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Daytona 500 champion Joey Logano is helping the New Hampshire Motor Speedway celebrate 25 years of NASCAR racing.
- Montoya gives IndyCar the Indianapolis 500 it needed Updated: May-25-15 5:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Extra! Extra! Juan Pablo Montoya still had to pay $2 to read all about it.
- Edwards' Coca-Cola 600 win gives Gibbs much to celebrate Updated: May-25-15 10:23 am
CONCORD, North Carolina - Joe Gibbs has had many special nights in football and auto racing. Few were bigger than Sunday's showing in the Coca-Cola 600.
- Colombia revels in Indy 500 result, Chevrolet rules the day Updated: May-25-15 2:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - There were surely some parties in Colombia this weekend.
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team Updated: May-24-15 11:50 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Pace driver Jeff Gordon says he will never race in Indy 500 Updated: May-24-15 10:53 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The closest Jeff Gordon will ever come to leading the Indy 500 will be in the pace car.
- Marcus Smith: Dad happier than expected with Hall selection Updated: May-24-15 8:56 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Bruton Smith said reaching the NASCAR Hall of Fame was worth the wait.
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Power for second Indy 500 win Updated: May-24-15 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - His career at a crossroads, his confidence shot, Juan Pablo Montoya received a lifeline from The Captain.
- Widow of "American Sniper" subject honored at NASCAR race Updated: May-24-15 5:44 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The wife of "American Sniper" subject Chris Kyle was honored with the Stonewall Jackson Award at Charlotte Motor Speedway before the Coca-Cola 600.
- SMI, Coca-Cola extend partnership 5 years Updated: May-24-15 2:16 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Speedway Motorsports Inc. and The Coca-Cola Co. have extended their partnership for five more years through 2020.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- All-Star winner Hamlin confident in Charlotte double Updated: May-23-15 6:18 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin's not sure he could be more confident coming into the Coca-Cola 600 with how he has performed the past two weeks at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Austin Dillon wins Xfinity race at Charlotte Updated: May-23-15 6:15 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Austin Dillon's driving was good.