- Yorktown florist has perfected Indy 500 wreath for decades Updated: May-31-16 4:01 am
YORKTOWN, Indiana - For the past 24 years, Julie Harman Vance has designed the Indy 500 wreath the same way, with a few minor tweaks. She uses 33 orchids, one for each driver in the race. She has the same red, white and blue ribbon. The miniature checkered flags have gotten bigger, but there are no major differences. She has perfected it, she says.
- Rossi earns more than $2.5 million for Indianapolis 500 win Updated: May-31-16 1:48 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Alexander Rossi earned $2,548,743 for winning the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- Rossi chased a career in Europe but is still very American Updated: May-30-16 8:33 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - When Alexander Rossi pulled into victory lane following his upset win in the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, he had no idea what he was supposed to do during the traditional celebration.
- Police: 7 arrested during Indianapolis 500 festivities Updated: May-30-16 10:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police say they made seven arrests during festivities celebrating the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- IndyCar hoping to carry momentum from 500 into future races Updated: May-30-16 2:18 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Even before Alexander Rossi sputtered across the finish line to win the Indianapolis 500, race organizers and IndyCar officials were looking to seize the momentum from the historic 100th running of the showcase event.
- Rossi stretches his final drops of gas to win the Indy 500 Updated: May-30-16 2:17 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Alexander Rossi spent the biggest weekend in auto racing last year in Monaco, looking for a television that was broadcasting the Indianapolis 500. Back then, American was still hoping he could land a full-time ride in Formula One.
- The Latest: Day of firsts for Hamilton, Rossi and Truex Updated: May-29-16 10:41 pm
The latest on motorsport's busiest day, with Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix followed by the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 (all times local):
- Highlights from the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-29-16 8:24 pm
RACE: 100th Indianapolis 500
- Party Around the World: Great sports, great spots to party Updated: May-29-16 5:04 pm
From the breathtaking view at a ski station in the French Alps to a horse race that "stops the nation" Down Under to the wackiest golf hole in the Arizona desert - make that the entire planet - sports fans will find the party.
- Lady Gaga lays down her latest track at Indy speedway Updated: May-29-16 3:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Already a regular singing partner with Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga found another golden oldie chart topper to pair with: Mario Andretti.
- Defending Indy 500 champ Montoya makes early exit Updated: May-29-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Juan Pablo Montoya will not defend his Indianapolis 500 championship.
- Sellout crowd arrives early for 100th Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-29-16 1:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - There was gridlock. There were lines.
- All engines go on motorsports' biggest day Updated: May-29-16 1:35 am
One of the busiest days in motorsports has arrived.
- Here's a story of a lovely lady and Gomer at the Indy 500 Updated: May-28-16 12:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - They are the names that stamped the Indianapolis 500 as a four-wheeled slice of Americana from the heartland. Rick Mears. A.J. Foyt. The Andrettis. Helio Castroneves.
- Pippa Mann lone woman left for 100th Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-28-16 2:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Four years ago, Pippa Mann was answering questions in Gasoline Alley about the record-tying four female drivers in the Indianapolis 500, and how it represented another step toward women one day winning at the Brickyard.
- Dean Stoneman wins closest Freedom 100 by 0.0024 seconds Updated: May-27-16 3:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The weekend of the 100th running of the Indy 500 got off to a historic start Friday.
- Karam, Wilson try and move on at Indy 500 from fatal wreck Updated: May-27-16 2:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jody Karam returned from a bicycle ride and saw his son on the phone with race team owner Chip Ganassi. At the Karam home just 15 miles from Pocono Raceway, Sage Karam heard the news that would send the blonde bundle of energy into a depression,
- Tony Kanaan fastest in final practice for 100th Indy 500 Updated: May-27-16 1:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Tony Kanaan was so frustrated during qualifying that he was simply relieved once it was over.
- IndyCar drivers find comfort in having strong safety team Updated: May-27-16 1:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Dario Franchitti doesn't remember the crash that ended his career three years ago in Houston.
- Castroneves still chasing fourth Indianapolis 500 victory Updated: May-27-16 11:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Trying to persuade Helio Castroneves to rank his three Indianapolis 500 victories is tantamount to asking an adoring mother or father to rank their children in order of affection.
- Indy 500 winners determine best drivers, greatest races Updated: May-27-16 10:52 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In the lead-up to the 100th running of the "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing," The Associated Press interviewed the 27 living race winners on topics ranging from the greatest driver to most memorable moment.
- Ladies and gentlemen: Stop your engines en route to Indy 500 Updated: May-26-16 10:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Officials are urging people headed to the Indianapolis 500 to limit idling of their vehicles in effort to improve air quality in central Indiana.
- Penske the standard of excellence at Indy after 50 years Updated: May-26-16 4:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - It was 1951 when Jay Penske scored a pair of tickets to the Indianapolis 500. He was an executive for a metal fabrication company in Cleveland that was sponsoring a few laps in the race, so he brought his 14-year-old son to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Larger crowd means tighter security at this year's Indy 500 Updated: May-26-16 2:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An anticipated record-breaking crowd at this year's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 has officials cautioning attendees to be ready for heightened security.
- Greatest drivers at Indy? Try Foyt and Mears amid debate Updated: May-26-16 1:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - To win the Indianapolis 500, a driver must weather months of preparation then two stressful weeks of hype leading into "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing." When the race actually begins, every driver is tested on skill, talent, luck, strategy, endurance and perseverance.