- Ferrari names Fiat Chrysler chief Marchionne as CEO Updated: May-02-16 1:42 pm
MILAN - Sergio Marchionne took full control of super sports carmaker Ferrari NV, adding the CEO title on Monday to that of chairman as he positions the carmaker in the luxury goods space and seeks to regain Formula 1 glory.
- Rosberg wins Russian Grand Prix as Hamilton takes second Updated: May-01-16 11:38 am
SOCHI, Russia - Nico Rosberg cruised to victory in the Russian Grand Prix on Sunday as his title rival and teammate Lewis Hamilton dodged crashes and battled through the pack for second.
- Hamilton feeling helpless as car trouble strikes again Updated: Apr-30-16 1:40 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Lewis Hamilton just can't catch a break, and it's left him feeling helpless.
- Formula One reaches deal on making engines cheaper Updated: Apr-29-16 2:26 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Formula One bosses have reached a deal to make engines cheaper and more standardized starting next season, which will help smaller teams, the FIA said Friday.
- Russian driver Sirotkin joins Renault F1 team as test driver Updated: Apr-26-16 7:03 am
PARIS - Russian driver Sergey Sirotkin has joined the Renault Formula One team as a test driver and will participate in practice at the upcoming Russian Grand Prix.
- FIA approves 25 test days for 2017 F1 tires Updated: Apr-20-16 1:29 pm
PARIS - Motorsport's governing body has approved changes in Formula One's regulations to allow tire supplier Pirelli to carry out more testing ahead of the 2017 season.
- Hamilton hopes 'dark cloud' over his F1 season passes soon Updated: Apr-17-16 7:56 am
SHANGHAI - Defending F1 champion Lewis Hamilton feels he has a "dark cloud" over him after his early-season struggles continued with a disappointing seventh-place finish at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday, but the Mercedes driver is trying to stay positive with a long season ahead of him.
- Rosberg wins wild Chinese GP for sixth straight F1 victory Updated: Apr-17-16 7:04 am
SHANGHAI - Nico Rosberg of Mercedes escaped unscathed from a wild first lap at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday, and then showed why he's the driver to beat this year in Formula One.
- Gary Brabham to serve at least 6 months in prison Updated: Apr-15-16 3:23 am
BRISBANE, Australia - The son of three-time Formula One champion Jack Brabham will serve at least six months in prison after being found guilty of the rape and indecent treatment of a young girl.
- Alonso provisionally cleared for Chinese Grand Prix Updated: Apr-14-16 7:32 am
SHANGHAI - McLaren driver Fernando Alonso has been provisionally cleared by doctors to take part in this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix after fracturing a rib in a crash at the season-opening race in Australia.
- On to Europe, where Lorenzo hopes to catch Marquez Updated: Apr-13-16 10:48 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez conquered the Americas again, riding his Repsol Honda to victory in two of the first three races of the MotoGP season - a strong start to reclaim the championship.
- F1 returns to old qualifying format, starting at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-11-16 12:39 pm
PARIS - Formula One's governing body has officially approved a move back to last year's qualifying format for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix after the new system proved widely unpopular.
- Emerson Fittipaldi facing financial difficulties in Brazil Updated: Apr-05-16 10:42 am
SAO PAULO - Two-time Indy 500 winner Emerson Fittipaldi is facing serious financial difficulties in Brazil, with authorities seizing trophies and racing cars from his personal museum.