- Button relieved - and angry - as loose drain cover hits car Updated: May-26-16 1:32 pm
MONACO - Jenson Button was both relieved and angry after a loose drain cover flew up and hit his McLaren during a practice session at the Monaco Grand Prix on Thursday.
- Ricciardo beats Hamilton, Rosberg in 2nd Monaco GP practice Updated: May-26-16 12:44 pm
MONACO - Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo gave improving Red Bull another boost Thursday with the fastest time in the second practice session of the Monaco Grand Prix, ahead of Mercedes pair Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
- Bianchi's family taking legal action following his death Updated: May-26-16 6:42 am
MONACO - The family of Jules Bianchi is taking legal action against motorsport's governing body, the Marussia team and Formula One Management following the French driver's death from head injuries.
- The Greatest Spectacle in Racing remains an American icon Updated: May-25-16 3:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis 500 has outlasted two world wars, the decline of the automobile industry, a bitter split in open-wheel racing and more death than anyone cares to recall.
- Rivals Hamilton and Rosberg at peace despite crash in Spain Updated: May-25-16 1:53 pm
MONACO - In a rare show of unity so absent during their previous bouts of feuding, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg brushed aside any talk of tension in the wake of their crash at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago.
- Cool & composed: Verstappen in the spotlight at Monaco GP Updated: May-25-16 1:07 pm
MONACO - As coolly composed as he is hugely talented, the unflappable Max Verstappen seems to be handling the pressure well heading into this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix - where the 18-year-old will be firmly in the spotlight.
- Indianapolis 500 moments, from four-time winners to tragedy Updated: May-19-16 2:10 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis 500 is full of significant moments, from the return of racing in 1946 to the celebration of four-time race winners, stirring finishes and tragic deaths. With the 100th running of one of the world's most famous races set for May 29, The Associated Press looks back at some of the most memorable moments in race history in a chronological and completely subjective list:
- Verstappen fastest in F1 testing after 1st win in Spain Updated: May-18-16 2:22 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Max Verstappen was fastest in Formula One testing on Wednesday, three days after he became the series' youngest race winner at the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Young Verstappen brings new life into Formula 1 Updated: May-18-16 4:44 am
BARCELONA, Spain - In a scene never before witnessed in Formula One, a teenager stood atop the podium at the Spanish Grand Prix, holding the winner's trophy.
- The AP's Indianapolis 500 All-Star starting lineup Updated: May-18-16 2:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - As the Indianapolis 500 celebrates its centennial race May 29, The Associated Press has come up with a completely subjective all-star, 33-driver starting field. The list includes multiple winners, innovators, fan favorites and trend-setters. They may not be the best drivers in race history, but all of them have helped shaped the event. The field is listed in the traditional three-car, 11-row starting grid with a synopsis of each row.
- Rosberg and Hamilton refuse to take blame for 1st lap crash Updated: May-15-16 5:56 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg refused to take blame for the stunning first lap crash that left both cars out of the race at Formula One's Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday.
- Verstappen becomes youngest F1 winner after Mercedes crash Updated: May-15-16 1:20 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Dutch teenager Max Verstappen stunned Formula One with victory at the Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday, taking advantage of a crash by Mercedes teammates Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg to become the sport's youngest winner only a few days after being promoted by his team Red Bull.
- Ferrari disappointed at performance in Spanish GP qualifying Updated: May-14-16 6:08 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Ferrari started Spanish Grand Prix qualifying by daring to believe it could end Mercedes' run of four straight pole positions. It ended qualifying by wondering why it couldn't even make it to the second row.
- Red Bull chief criticizes new F1 deal on engines Updated: May-13-16 1:39 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Formula One's new deal to make engines cheaper and more standardized is "underwhelming" and "weak," Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said on Friday.
- Kvyat still struggling to fathom departure from Red Bull Updated: May-12-16 4:19 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - It was in a 20-minute call that interrupted his viewing of "Game of Thrones" that Daniil Kvyat found out he was being relegated from Red Bull to Toro Rosso only four races into the Formula One season.
- Life sentence for UAE man whose wife murdered US citizen Updated: May-09-16 9:35 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in the United Arab Emirates handed a life sentence on Monday to the husband of an Emirati woman who was executed for the murder of an American school teacher.
- Mercedes F1 team pens open letter to reassure doubtful fans Updated: May-04-16 1:28 pm
PARIS - The Mercedes Formula One team published an open letter to fans on Wednesday to counter speculation on social media following the Russian Grand Prix that it favors Nico Rosberg over teammate Lewis Hamilton.
- Ferrari names Fiat Chrysler chief Marchionne as CEO Updated: May-02-16 1:42 pm
MILAN - Sergio Marchionne took full control of super sports carmaker Ferrari NV, adding the CEO title on Monday to that of chairman as he positions the carmaker in the luxury goods space and seeks to regain Formula 1 glory.
- Rosberg wins Russian Grand Prix as Hamilton takes second Updated: May-01-16 11:38 am
SOCHI, Russia - Nico Rosberg cruised to victory in the Russian Grand Prix on Sunday as his title rival and teammate Lewis Hamilton dodged crashes and battled through the pack for second.
- Hamilton feeling helpless as car trouble strikes again Updated: Apr-30-16 1:40 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Lewis Hamilton just can't catch a break, and it's left him feeling helpless.