- Rosberg beats teammate Hamilton in practice at British GP Updated: Jul-03-15 10:54 am
SILVERTSONE, England - Nico Rosberg posted the fastest times in practice for the British Grand Prix on Friday as championship-leading teammate Lewis Hamilton struggled in the second session.
- Montoya chasing Triple Crown as IndyCar heads to Fontana Updated: Jun-24-15 4:25 pm
Only one driver has celebrated winning the Triple Crown of IndyCar in the same calendar year. Juan Pablo Montoya will try to stay in contention for the sweep when he races Saturday at Auto Club Speedway in California.
- First World Cup, now also F1 for Qatar? Updated: Jun-24-15 1:48 pm
PARIS - Not content with hosting the 2022 World Cup, Qatar is now also exploring the idea of buying Formula One, another big step in its use of the global appeal of sports to put itself firmly on the map.
- Azerbaijan interested in running/sponsoring F1 team Updated: Jun-23-15 1:10 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Azerbaijan's sports minister said Tuesday he wants a Formula One team to be run under the national flag, adding the government would support any companies interested in the project.
- Rosberg title hopes right back on after 3 wins in 4 races Updated: Jun-22-15 4:26 am
SPIELBERG, Austria - Having beaten his Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton in three of the past four races, Nico Rosberg is confident he has found the missing ingredient required to win the Formula One title this year: more aggression.
- Rosberg wins Austrian GP ahead of Mercedes teammate Hamilton Updated: Jun-21-15 11:08 am
SPEILBERG, Austria - Nico Rosberg showed his championship potential by overtaking pole sitter Lewis Hamilton on the first turn and went on to win the Austrian Grand Prix in style on Sunday.
- Alonso and Ricciardo get grid penalties for using 5th engine Updated: Jun-19-15 9:20 am
SPIELBERG, Austria - McLaren driver Fernando Alonso will start the Austrian Grand Prix from the back of the grid and Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo dropped 10 places because they used up their four allocated engines.
- F1 drivers dreaming of matching Hulkenberg's Le Mans success Updated: Jun-19-15 6:29 am
SPIELBERG, Austria - Nico Hulkenberg's triumph in the 24 Hours Le Mans last weekend has made other Formula One drivers dream of taking part.
- Grosjean says sorry to Stevens after Montreal mistake Updated: Jun-18-15 1:05 pm
SPIELBERG, Austria - Lotus driver Romain Grosjean took the time to say sorry in person to British driver Will Stevens on Thursday after crashing into him at the Canadian Grand Prix.
- Correction: Le Mans-Patrick Dempsey story Updated: Jun-15-15 10:30 am
LE MANS, France - In a story June 14 about the GTE Amateur category race at Le Mans, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Scuderia Corsa Ferrari won. According to the Le Mans website, SMP Racing won with drivers Victor Shaitar, Andrea Bertolini and Aleksey Basov.
- Newgarden wins Honda Indy Toronto Updated: Jun-14-15 8:18 pm
TORONTO - What a difference one race made.
- Porsche wins the 24 Hours Le Mans race for record 17th time Updated: Jun-14-15 9:44 am
LE MANS, France - With German Formula One driver Nico Hulkenberg behind the wheel, Porsche won the 24 Hours Le Mans on Sunday to end Audi's five-race winning run and clinch a record 17th victory at the famous endurance race.
- The Yoong ones; ex-F1 driver's siblings skiing at SEA Games Updated: Jun-12-15 5:48 am
SINGAPORE - There's young, and then there's the Yoongs. When it comes to competition, Hanifah Yoong believes that if you're good enough, you're old enough.
- 'Amateur' outburst exposes Alonso's frustration at McLaren Updated: Jun-08-15 6:53 am
Fernando Alonso knew when he re-signed for McLaren that it would take time and a lot of hard work to get the British team back atop the Formula One standings.
- After hiccup in Monaco, Mercedes F1 success resumes Updated: Jun-08-15 2:12 am
MONTREAL - Even as his team's strategic blunder cost him a chance at victory in Monaco, Lewis Hamilton knew that he had the fastest car.
- Groundhog Day: Animal wanders onto track at Canadian GP Updated: Jun-07-15 6:35 pm
MONTREAL - A groundhog that scampered onto the track during the Canadian Grand Prix showed the quickness of a Formula One driver when it scurried to safety and avoided the oncoming racecars.