- Mitch Larkin sets short-course backstroke world record Updated: Nov-27-15 5:15 am
SYDNEY - Australian swimmer Mitchell Larkin set a short-course world record in the 200-meter backstroke final at the national titles on Friday.
- Ledecky wins 3 trophies; Phelps earns 1 at Golden Goggles Updated: Nov-23-15 1:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Katie Ledecky won three trophies, including female athlete of the year, and Michael Phelps earned male athlete honors at the Golden Goggle awards as USA Swimming honored its top performers.
- Michael Phelps says he'll become a father next year Updated: Nov-18-15 5:08 pm
Michael Phelps is going to be a daddy.
- Syria's swimming sisters find new home in German waters Updated: Nov-10-15 2:23 am
BERLIN - Sarah and Ysra Mardini pull bathing caps over their long, black hair and slide into the water, disappearing among the throng of swimmers with powerful, practiced strokes.
- Things to know about doping in Russia Updated: Nov-06-15 4:27 am
MOSCOW - Allegations that Russian athletes have routinely doped their way to success in major competitions and tried to cover up positive drug tests have shaken the world of track and field.
- Japan Sports Agency sets goals for Rio, Tokyo Olympics Updated: Nov-05-15 11:36 pm
TOKYO - The newly formed Japan Sports Agency has set ambitious goals for the nation's athletes at both the Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo Olympics.
- Gyurta, Kromowidjojo lead European Duel in the Pool roster Updated: Nov-05-15 5:06 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic champions Daniel Gyurta of Hungary and Ranomi Kromowidjojo of the Netherlands lead the European roster for the Duel in the Pool competition against the United States on Dec. 11-12.
- Women fill out list of USOC Team of Year candidates Updated: Nov-05-15 3:09 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - All three nominees for the U.S. Olympic Team of the Year award are women's teams.
- Bob Beamon collects 'outstanding Olympic performance' award Updated: Oct-30-15 1:52 am
WASHINGTON - Long jump great Bob Beamon has received a special Olympic award, almost half a century after he set a world record with a stunning jump at the 1968 Mexico City Games.