- Thickening haze in Singapore disrupts World Cup swim races Updated: Oct-03-15 11:59 am
SINGAPORE - Worsening smog in Singapore prompted swimming World Cup organizers to cancel 15 finals races just an hour before the session was to start.
- Veteran who tried to stop Oregon gunman was shot 5 times Updated: Oct-02-15 8:13 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - When the gunshots started at Umpqua Community College, some people mistook them for falling books. But Army veteran Chris Mintz quickly recognized the threat.
- Former swimmer sues over alleged hazing at Kentucky Western Updated: Oct-02-15 3:45 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A former Western Kentucky swimmer whose allegations of hazing led to a five-year suspension of the school's program says in a federal lawsuit that he suffered physical, mental and emotional abuse at the hands of teammates.
- Russian athletes sent home from SKorea for inflight incident Updated: Oct-02-15 5:33 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Nine Russian athletes, trainers and journalists were sent back home from South Korea on Friday after allegedly being drunk and rowdy on a plane, South Korean police said.
- Katie Ledecky earns leading 5 Golden Goggles nominations Updated: Sep-30-15 4:25 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic and world champion Katie Ledecky earned a leading five nominations for the Golden Goggle Awards which honor the year's top swimming performances.
- Catherine Vogt of USC chosen as US open water coach for Rio Updated: Sep-30-15 2:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Catherine Vogt, a veteran international open water swimming coach from Southern California, will guide the U.S. open water team for the first time at next year's Olympics.
- With Olympics coming, US swimming and track look for rebound Updated: Sep-26-15 3:46 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The buzz in U.S. Olympic circles is about bringing the 2024 Games to Los Angeles.
- LA 2024 bid names former Olympic swimmer Evans vice chair Updated: Sep-24-15 4:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Los Angeles has named Olympic swimming medalist Janet Evans its vice chair and director of athlete relations.
- Rio Olympic, Paralympic ceremonies to be low-budget Updated: Sep-22-15 5:50 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The opening and closing ceremonies for Rio Olympics and Paralympics will be low-budget productions compared to three years ago in London, or in Beijing in 2008.
- Colorado man wins 9-mile open-water swim in the Florida Keys Updated: Sep-19-15 2:57 pm
ISLAMORADA, Florida - A Colorado man has repeated as the overall winner of an open-water swimming competition off the Florida Keys.
- Swimming body criticizes Rio Olympic organizers Updated: Sep-16-15 8:31 pm
MOSCOW - The international swimming federation has strongly criticized the organizers of next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro over what it says are substandard facilities and "disrespect" for aquatic events.
- Swimming Australia says Palmer gets FINA warning, reprimand Updated: Sep-16-15 12:51 am
SYDNEY - Former Olympic champion Kylie Palmer has received a reprimand and warning from world governing body FINA over a positive doping test two years ago.
- Phelps signs endorsement deal with razor company Updated: Sep-15-15 9:47 am
WINDSOR MILL, Maryland - Swimming star Michael Phelps is signing on as an investor and spokesman for a Baltimore-area company that sells shaving products online.
- Aussie Olympic coaches encouraging late nights and sleep-ins Updated: Sep-15-15 5:40 am
CANBERRA, Australia - The Australian swimming team is fine-tuning a routine for late nights and sleep-ins as it prepares for next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Ex-U.Va. swim team members seek dismissal of hazing lawsuit Updated: Sep-11-15 3:18 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Five former members of the University of Virginia men's swim team are asking a judge to dismiss a hazing lawsuit by an ex-teammate who has accused them of ordering unwanted sexual contact and forcing him to eat a goldfish.
- Young Russian swimmer dies at training camp Updated: Sep-10-15 11:11 am
MOSCOW - A promising Russian swimmer has died while attending a training camp in Bulgaria, reportedly after a fall from a balcony.