- Now Gawker has its own billionaire backer, sort of Updated: May-27-16 7:43 pm
NEW YORK - The courtroom fight between former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan and news-and-gossip site Gawker is becoming a battleground of sorts for Silicon Valley tycoons as well.
- Former wrestling coach pleads guilty to videotaping boys Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A former northern Indiana teacher and wrestling coach has pleaded guilty to charges alleging he videotaped naked boys in a locker room.
- DC Commission to WBC: Lucian Bute failed doping test Updated: May-27-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Lucian Bute failed a doping test after his super middleweight title bout against Badou Jack, the World Boxing Council said it was notified by the D. C. Boxing and Wrestling Commission.
- Russian riot police halt wrestling brawl over Rio 2016 spot Updated: May-27-16 9:48 am
MOSCOW - Russian riot police had to be sent into the wrestling ring Friday when a scuffle erupted after a championship bout.
- Experts: Drug in Minnesota investigation is rising problem Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Experts say the sedatives reportedly sold and abused by University of Minnesota wrestlers aren't getting as much attention as opioids, but they are a fast-rising cause of overdoses and deaths.
- Coroner: Wrestling coach victim in murder-suicide Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
SLATINGTON, Pennsylvania - A youth wrestling coach was fatally shot in what a coroner says was a murder-suicide in an eastern Pennsylvania home.
- Tech billionaire is unlikely Hulk Hogan ally in Gawker fight Updated: May-26-16 7:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has an unlikely ally in his corner for his courtroom cage match with Gawker - a high-tech billionaire with a long-standing grudge against the news-and-gossip site.
- Police investigate Minnesota wrestlers amid drug allegations Updated: May-26-16 1:43 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota police department is investigating allegations that several Golden Gophers wrestlers have been involved in selling and using drugs.
- Column: McGregor vs Mayweather, a freak show with precedent Updated: May-24-16 5:13 pm
The freak show that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor are talking about will almost surely never happen, and for that anyone who would even consider opening their wallet to pay for it should be grateful.
- Appointment rescinded following Facebook slur Updated: May-21-16 3:02 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky man's appointment to a new state Boxing and Wrestling Commission has been rescinded after a Facebook slur was aimed at Kentucky's chief justice.
- Kindergarten teacher by day, pro wrestler at night Updated: May-21-16 3:01 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - At 11:30 a.m., Steve Damico guides kindergartners seated on a carpet printed with ABC's through the ins-and-outs of colonial life, "Why did the farmers go to town?"
- 'Superfly' Snuka testifies he can't remember mom's name Updated: May-20-16 7:00 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Pro wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka testified at his mental competency hearing on Friday and often seemed confused as he was questioned by a judge who will decide whether he can stand trial on charges he killed his girlfriend in 1983.
- Pennsylvania girl wrestling champ eyes national, world meets Updated: May-20-16 10:46 am
KENNETT SQUARE, Pennsylvania - Wrestling may be a male-dominated sport, but don't tell that to Mary Nichols.
- Gray could become 1st US woman to win Olympic wrestling gold Updated: May-20-16 8:35 am
NEW YORK - Under the bright lights of Times Square, Adeline Gray grabbed the microphone and turned an interview into an impromptu speech about the virtues of wrestling.
- The Latest: Doctor says ex-wrestler could be faking symptoms Updated: May-18-16 4:44 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The Latest on the mental competency hearing for former pro wrestling star Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, who is charged with having killed his girlfriend more than three decades ago (all times local):
- Former college wrestler suing after series of concussions Updated: May-18-16 8:55 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former Old Dominion University wrestler has filed a lawsuit against the school, saying that despite being knocked out three times over a six-week period and exhibiting symptoms of concussions, coaches failed to refer him for medical treatment.
- Olympic wrestling body strips Rio entries in meldonium cases Updated: May-11-16 11:36 am
CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland - Wrestling's governing body has stripped Olympic places from countries whose athletes tested positive for meldonium at qualifying tournaments.
- Prosecutors: Ex-wrestler's attorney won't hand over report Updated: May-02-16 5:15 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors are asking an eastern Pennsylvania judge to force former professional wrestling star Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's defense to hand over a psychologist's report in advance of a hearing on whether he's competent to stand trial.