- Coach from Arkansas school joins Creighton volleyball staff Updated: May-25-16 3:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Ryan Meek has been named an assistant coach and Micah Rhodes a volunteer assistant coach at Creighton.
- Alexis Crimes earns rare 2nd chance with US volleyball team Updated: May-24-16 5:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Courtney Thompson hits the floor on a dive and hardly has time to reach for a towel to wipe up her sweat before teammate Alexis Crimes grabs it and handles the chore herself.
- Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA to televise 325½ hours from Rio Updated: May-24-16 12:29 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - NBCUniversal networks Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC and USA will combine to televise 325½ hours of programing from the Rio Olympics this summer.
- 2 Purdue athletic courts damaged in water main break Updated: May-24-16 10:35 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Two Purdue University athletics complexes were damaged during a weekend water main break.
- Walsh Jennings, Ross win FIVB Cincinnati Open Updated: May-22-16 12:17 am
MASON, Ohio - Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross won the FIVB Cincinnati Open on Saturday, beating China's Chen Xue and Xinyi Xia 20-22, 21-14 and 18-16.
- Dutch women beat Peru to qualify for Rio volleyball Updated: May-21-16 10:30 am
TOKYO - The Netherlands beat Peru 25-16, 25-14, 25-17 Saturday to qualify for the women's volleyball tournament at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Cal volleyball's Savannah Rennie receives liver transplant Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BERKELEY, California - California volleyball player Savannah Rennie received a liver transplant that she hopes will have her back on the court next season.
- 3x Olympic champion Walsh clears qualifying milestone Updated: May-18-16 2:14 pm
MASON, Ohio - Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champion Kerri Walsh Jennings and her partner, reigning silver medalist April Ross, have cleared their last major obstacle before qualifying for the 2016 Summer Games.
- Husker volleyball team lands star grad transfer from Baylor Updated: May-16-16 4:24 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Two-time All-Big 12 volleyball player Andie Malloy of Baylor will play this season for defending national champion Nebraska as a graduate transfer.
- Big raise for Huskers' volleyball coach after national title Updated: May-12-16 2:33 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska volleyball coach John Cook is receiving a 31 percent raise to $600,000 per year under terms of a contract extension through January 2021.
- Ohio State beats BYU for second NCAA volleyball title Updated: May-08-16 12:59 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Miles Johnson had 15 kills and Ohio State beat BYU 32-30, 25-23, 25-17 on Saturday night to win its second NCAA volleyball title.
- Jane White dies; former Beatrice sports editor, photographer Updated: May-06-16 5:42 pm
BEATRICE, Nebraska - Former longtime Beatrice Daily Sun sports editor and reporter Jane White has died.
- BYU, Ohio State advance to NCAA men's volleyball final Updated: May-05-16 11:50 pm
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pennsylvania - Brenden Sander had 14 kills and no errors on 24 swings and top-ranked BYU beat Long Beach State 25-21, 23-25, 25-19, 25-18 on Thursday night in the NCAA volleyball semifinals.
- U.S women's coach Karch Kiraly to stay on for 2020 Olympics Updated: May-05-16 6:44 pm
In his short time running the women's national team, coach Karch Kiraly has established a close-knit, family culture among his players off the court that has led to hard-nosed, successful volleyball on it.
- Beach volleyball goes to college for 1st NCAA championship Updated: May-05-16 6:11 pm
Beach volleyball is ready to graduate.
- Rousseff lights Olympic flame as protesters hit the streets Updated: May-03-16 2:55 pm
BRASILIA, Brazil - Brazil's embattled President Dilma Rousseff ignited the Olympic flame on Tuesday, as a nationwide torch relay got underway with protests highlighting the country's deep political and economic crisis.
- Former Bismarck volleyball coach alleges gender bias Updated: May-02-16 4:24 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A women's volleyball coach who was fired from a private Catholic university in Bismarck after less than a year on the job says the school opted to get rid of her rather than investigate her complaints about gender bias.
- Where have the multi-sport high school athletes gone? Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Harrison Heffley played nearly every sport that caught his interest during junior high and high school, from his dominant trade of baseball to basketball, football and even golf.
- Beach volleyball's Walsh Jennings says shoulder is stronger Updated: Apr-27-16 6:07 pm
Three-time beach volleyball gold medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings says her surgically repaired right shoulder is holding up as she zeroes in on another Olympic berth.