- Boston 2024 announces Western Massachusetts canoeing venue Updated: Jun-22-15 9:22 pm
BOSTON - Organizers of Boston's bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics proposed on Monday their first western Massachusetts venue, the Deerfield River, to host the canoe slalom and become the site of a paddle sports training center that would be the first of its kind in the Northeast.
- Brazil takes top 3 spots at women's St. Pete Grand Slam Updated: Jun-21-15 6:41 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Agatha Bednarczuk and Barbara Seixas beat Juliana Felisberta and Maria Antonelli in an all-Brazil final of the $800,000 St. Pete Grand Slam on Sunday, taking the gold medal in the first Olympic qualifier in the U.S. for the Rio Games.
- Western Massachusetts hopes to get 2024 Olympics venues Updated: Jun-21-15 12:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Western Massachusetts economic development officials are hoping for Olympics venues if Boston becomes host for the 2024 games.
- Iran defeats US in home volleyball match Updated: Jun-19-15 4:38 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has defeated the United States 3-0 at a home volleyball match attended by 12,000 people and broadcast live on state TV, as a ban on female spectators remained in place despite an official saying recently that it might be eased.
- Lawsuit: Delaware coach pushed religion on athletes Updated: Jun-17-15 4:58 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A former Delaware State University volleyball player contends she lost her athletic scholarship because she objected to the coach's requirement that she attend church and participate in Bible studies.
- Boston Olympics boosters propose beach volleyball in Quincy Updated: Jun-17-15 1:43 pm
BOSTON - After abandoning plans to host beach volleyball on Boston Common, organizers for the city's bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics are now proposing holding competitions for one of the games' most popular events at a waterfront park in Quincy, the city directly south of Boston.
- AP Interview: Iran partially opens stadium doors to women Updated: Jun-09-15 4:59 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A limited number of Iranian women will be allowed to watch Volleyball World League games in Tehran later this month, a senior government official has told The Associated Press, part of a government move to allow women and families to attend male sporting events.
- Only 35 percent of tickets allocated for 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: Jun-08-15 8:47 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Only 35 percent of the tickets initially available for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics have been allocated to Brazilian fans after the first phase of sales ended.
- Gamecock football posts best-ever semester grades Updated: Jun-03-15 7:49 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina football team has posted its best-ever academic semester with a 2.938 grade-point average for the spring.