- Jim Thorpe's sons ask Supreme Court to allow reburial Updated: Jun-02-15 6:39 pm
Jim Thorpe's surviving sons asked the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday to allow them to pursue reburial of the famed athlete on American Indian land in Oklahoma.
- Indiana State selected to host 2016 spring MVC championships Updated: Jun-01-15 4:13 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Indiana State University says the Missouri Valley Conference has selected it to host the 2016 baseball and outdoor track and field championships.
- UNC Wilmington track, cross country programs safe for '15-16 Updated: Jun-01-15 3:17 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - North Carolina-Wilmington's running programs are safe for the upcoming academic year.
- Minneapolis school officials want $20M athletic complex Updated: Jun-01-15 3:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis school officials want to construct a new multipurpose athletics facility amid concerns that sites are falling behind other area school districts.
- Keflezighi runs fastest masters half marathon of 1:02:29 Updated: May-31-15 8:08 pm
SAN DIEGO - Meb Keflezighi won the USA Track & Field Masters Half Marathon title Sunday with a time of 1 hour, 2 minutes, 29 seconds, the fastest ever for a runner 40 or older.
- 92-year-old becomes oldest woman to finish marathon Updated: May-31-15 7:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - A 92-year-old cancer survivor rocked her way into the record books Sunday, becoming the oldest woman to finish a marathon.
- Kazmirek, Theisen-Eaton win Hypo Meeting in Austria Updated: May-31-15 1:09 pm
GOETZIS, Austria - Decathlete Kai Kazmirek led a German 1-2 finish at the Hypo Meeting on Sunday, while Brianne Theisen-Eaton of Canada improved her personal best heptathlon score by 167 points to dominate the women's competition.
- Georgia 'quints' graduate from Athens-area high school Updated: May-31-15 10:04 am
BOGART, Georgia - There's no room for sibling rivalry in the Terry house.
- Kirani James wins 400 meters in Prefontaine Classic Updated: May-30-15 8:38 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Kirani James won the 400 meters Saturday in the Prefontaine Classic, pulling away from a strong field at Hayward Field.
- Cahokia defends 2A boys track title; Edwardsville wins 3A Updated: May-30-15 7:08 pm
CHARLESTON, Illinois - Cahokia's been dominant for years in boys track, but the Comanches hit another level on Saturday.
- Half marathon will be Meb's first race in masters division Updated: May-30-15 6:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Meb Keflezighi will run his first competitive race in the masters division when he competes in the Suja Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Half Marathon on Sunday.
- Olympic champion Farah wins Prefontaine 10K Updated: May-30-15 1:47 am
EUGENE, Oregon - British Olympic champion Mo Farah surged down the final stretch to win the 10,000 meters at the Prefontaine Classic on Friday night.
- Coe, Bubka confirmed as only 2 candidates for IAAF president Updated: May-29-15 8:05 am
MONACO - Sebastian Coe and Sergei Bubka will be the only two candidates in the IAAF presidential election.
- Death benefits approved for family of Boston officer Updated: May-28-15 3:04 pm
BOSTON - The State Retirement Board in Massachusetts has awarded a line-of-duty death benefit to the family of a police officer who was wounded in a shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers and died a year later.
- Marathon issues statement on shortage of medals Updated: May-28-15 5:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon is apologizing for not having enough medals for finishers on Sunday.
- Snapped pole impales Michigan student near eye at track meet Updated: May-27-15 3:35 pm
DEXTER, Michigan - A Michigan high school athlete has been injured by a pole that snapped and became impaled near his eye during a track meet.
- Frenzied month for American sprinter Justin Gatlin Updated: May-27-15 2:35 am
Within a matter of days this month, Justin Gatlin had an Olympic relay silver medal stripped, shattered his personal-best mark in the 100 and missed a meet in Beijing over a misunderstanding.
- Usain Bolt wins 200 at cold, wet Golden Spike meet Updated: May-26-15 4:17 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt cruised to victory in the 200 meters race at the Golden Spike meet on Tuesday, as the Jamaican star prepares for the world championships after a season marred by injuries.
- Ethiopia's Belete Assefa, Meskerem Assefa win Bolder Boulder Updated: May-25-15 5:16 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Runners from Ethiopia won the Bolder Boulder professional 10K race on Monday while two Colorado residents were the top man and woman in the citizens' race.
- Usain Bolt getting back into shape ahead of worlds Updated: May-24-15 12:57 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt is not worried by Justin Gatlin's fast times and is using this season to get into shape ahead of the world championship in Beijing after his injuries last season.
- Cahokia, Lincoln-Way and Illini West win state championships Updated: May-23-15 8:03 pm
CHARLESTON, Illinois - Sophomore Mariya Hudson won three individual titles and scored 37 of Cahokia's 61 points, leading it to a second consecutive Illinois High School Association Class 2A championship Saturday.
- Brehm sets record at PIAA Track and Field championships Updated: May-23-15 4:56 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - There could not have been a better start to Day Two of the PIAA Track & Field Championships than Zach Brehm's finish.
- Wiltrout sets PIAA record for javelin throwing Updated: May-22-15 5:23 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Connellsville javelin thrower Madison Wiltrout capped an amazing 15-day span by winning the Class AAA girls title with a throw of 182 feet, 8 inches on Friday during the PIAA Track & Field Championships at Shippensburg University's Seth Grove Stadium.
- 15 Wyoming track and field athletes earn NCAA bids Updated: May-21-15 4:59 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Fifteen Wyoming track and field student-athletes have qualified for the NCAA West Preliminary on May 28-30 in Austin, Texas.
- Oregon man convicted in 2012 rock tossing, runner injury Updated: May-21-15 6:14 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - A Sutherlin man has been convicted of assault in a 2012 case in which a rock thrown from an Interstate 5 overpass shattered the windshield of a car and seriously injured a University of Oregon distance runner.