- Merritt beats world champion Van Niekerk to win 400 Updated: Sep-03-15 4:51 pm
ZURICH - LaShawn Merritt edged a thrilling finish in the 400 meters at the Weltklasse Zurich Diamond League meet on Thursday, earning partial revenge for losing to Wayde van Niekerk at the world championships last month.
- Daughter-in-law of Nike co-founder headed to trial Updated: Sep-03-15 1:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The trial for a woman accused of sex abuse involving a 17-year-old boy on a track team she coached at a central Oregon high school has been postponed.
- Report: Criminal probe into Powell, Simpson dropped in Italy Updated: Sep-02-15 11:45 am
UDINE, Italy - A criminal doping investigation into Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson plus their trainer has reportedly been dropped in Italy.
- Runner competes despite her blindness Updated: Sep-02-15 5:02 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - The distinct look of accomplishment spread across Logan Anderson's face.
- Kenya celebrates athletes but more doping probes underway Updated: Sep-01-15 7:29 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Some of Kenya's newly crowned track and field world champions returned home on Tuesday and were ferried to a celebratory breakfast in a convoy of limousines bearing the logo "Hotbed of Champions."
- NDSU coach finishes 10th in World Championships high jump Updated: Aug-31-15 10:11 am
FARGO, North Dakota - NDSU assistant track and field coach Trevor Barry finished 10th in the high jump at the IAAF World Championships in China.
- Usain Bolt points to Rio with more gold in his hands Updated: Aug-30-15 5:05 pm
BEIJING - Hard as this is to believe, there were questions about Usain Bolt when the world championships first started.
- The Latest: Coe gets to work right away as IAAF president Updated: Aug-30-15 1:05 pm
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Moving on: US bobbles a relay, starts thinking about Rio Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BEIJING - For the world's best sprinters, passing the baton in the 4x400 relay is about as easy as rolling out of bed in the morning.
- Drouin wins 1st world title in a jump-off after 3-way tie Updated: Aug-30-15 12:17 pm
BEIJING - The situation wasn't ideal. The gold medal is.
- China's most successful worlds wrap up with 2 more medals Updated: Aug-30-15 11:57 am
BEIJING - It was a fitting end for the hometown fans at the Bird's Nest.
- A 200-400 sprint double at Olympics could be waiting Felix Updated: Aug-30-15 11:35 am
BEIJING - If Allyson Felix feels tired now, just wait until next year.
- Coe: Worlds should be more than a discussion on doping Updated: Aug-30-15 10:45 am
BEIJING - Sebastian Coe cut into one last, rambling news conference from retiring IAAF president Lamine Diack in a bid to characterize the attitude of the new regime running the sport.
- Richards-Ross looks to lead US to gold in 4x400 at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
BEIJING - A gold medal could make a tough trip to Beijing a little bit better for Sanya Richards-Ross.
- Ashton Eaton breaks world record as he wins decathlon gold Updated: Aug-29-15 1:36 pm
BEIJING - This was going to hurt. No way around it for Ashton Eaton.
- With American help, Chinese relay earns silver at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 1:35 pm
BEIJING - It only took moments after Zhang Peimeng crossed the finish line for the Chinese 4x100-meter relay team's historic medal to be upgraded from bronze to silver.
- Deja vu: Vlasic, Chicherova go 2-3 again at Bird's Nest Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 pm
BEIJING - Same stadium, same positions on the podium.
- 1 would have been enough before, now Farah has a handful Updated: Aug-29-15 1:06 pm
BEIJING - Only seven years ago, Mo Farah was daydreaming about winning a medal - just one, any color.
- Tallent takes shot at Russia after silver in 50K walk Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 am
BEIJING - Already outspoken about doping in his sport, Australian race walker Jared Tallent took another shot at Russia after earning a silver medal in the 50-kilometer event Saturday at the world championships.
- Ex-Arkansas State hurdler finishes 8th at world championship Updated: Aug-28-15 2:47 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Former Arkansas State hurdler Sharika Nelvis finished eighth in the 100-meter hurdles at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing after stumbling over the final hurdle.
- Danielle Williams wins her 1st world hurdles title at 22 Updated: Aug-28-15 1:56 pm
BEIJING - Danielle Williams glanced to her right after crossing the line in the 100-meter hurdles, looking for her older sister.
- Schippers: From outsider to world sprint champion in 1 year Updated: Aug-28-15 1:20 pm
BEIJING - Forgive Dafne Schippers for being dazed and dizzy.
- Struggling Russia gets unexpected gold in 110-meter hurdles Updated: Aug-28-15 1:14 pm
BEIJING - Russian hurdler Sergey Shubenkov knows all about his country's doping scandals, he's just not paying any attention to it.
- Ashton Eaton races out to big lead in decathlon at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 12:29 pm
BEIJING - The clock by the track isn't broken, Ashton Eaton. You really did run that fast.
- US decathlete Trey Hardee out of worlds with back injury Updated: Aug-28-15 5:20 am
BEIJING - Three events in and American decathlete Trey Hardee had to withdraw. His throbbing lower back couldn't take anymore punishment.