- Wlodarczyk betters own women's hammer throw world record Updated: Aug-01-15 8:42 pm
CETNIEWO, Poland - Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland has bettered her own hammer throw world record with a distance of 81.08 meters at the Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Throws Festival in Cetniewo.
- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:44 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia raced to victories Saturday in the Maine 10K road race founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:06 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia won the men's and women's divisions, respectively, in a Maine 10K road race Saturday founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- High school student balances schoolwork, sports, being teen Updated: Aug-01-15 11:46 am
FRANKLIN, Kentucky - Fifteen-year-old junior Maddie Alexander plays four sports for Franklin-Simpson High School: soccer, cross country, basketball and track.
- Georgetown track coach resigns following investigations Updated: Jul-31-15 6:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Georgetown has announced the resignation of the director of its track and field and cross country programs following investigations of reports of hazing and sexual misconduct.
- Louisville coach Walz, Cardinals' Moore win 2nd USA gold Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Jeff Walz and Cardinals standout Mariya Moore have their eyes set on an NCAA championship after teaming up to lead Team USA to a second consecutive international championship.
- 2 NDSU track athletes competing at Pan Am Juniors Updated: Jul-31-15 11:32 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Two junior national champions from the North Dakota State University men's track and field team are competing at the 2015 Pan American Junior Championships this weekend in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Austrian pole-vaulter who landed beside mat is paraplegic Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 am
INNSBRUCK, Austria - The Austrian athletics federation says the pole-vaulter who needed surgery after a fall beside the mat, is a paraplegic.
- Ortega wins 110 hurdles at Stockholm Diamond League Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 pm
STOCKHOLM - Orlando Ortega of Cuba beat a strong field to win the men's 110-meter hurdles at the Diamond League meeting in Stockholm, as world champion David Oliver had to settle for third on Thursday ahead of his title defense in Beijing next month.
- Arkansas' Freier, Orange on Team USA at junior championships Updated: Jul-30-15 12:09 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas track and field athletes Desiree Freier and Carlton Orange have been named to Team USA that will compete at the 2015 Pan Am Junior Championships in Canada.
- Rutgers to give athletes stipends of more than $4,000 Updated: Jul-29-15 8:43 am
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers University is planning to give its scholarship athletes up to $4,900 in stipends under a new NCAA rule.
- Chand aims to qualify for Rio Olympics after CAS verdict Updated: Jul-28-15 12:42 pm
NEW DELHI - Indian sprinter Dutee Chand will aim to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games after the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision to suspend IAAF rules that could have blocked women with high levels of male hormones from competing in Rio de Janeiro.
- CAS blocks rules on women athletes with high male hormones Updated: Jul-27-15 5:29 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - In a victory for individual athletes over governing bodies, sport's highest court has suspended IAAF rules governing women who have high levels of male hormones.
- 25,000 take part in San Francisco Marathon Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twenty-five thousand runners have swarmed across the foggy Golden Gate Bridge in the 38th running of the San Francisco Marathon.
- Coe promises financial dividend if elected IAAF president Updated: Jul-24-15 5:05 pm
LONDON - Seb Coe has offered a financial dividend of $22 million if he is elected president of the International Association of Athletics Federations next month.
- NDSU track standout set to compete in Pan American Games Updated: Jul-24-15 2:33 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State University track and field standout and Canadian national champion Erin Teschuk is making her debut in international competition.
- Bolt 'will show up' at world championships in Beijing Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 pm
LONDON - Even though Usain Bolt is still waiting to see if he has fully recovered from a left leg injury, the Olympic champion is sure he will be able to compete at next month's world championships in Beijing.
- Rudisha now the one who has to catch up Updated: Jul-22-15 11:44 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - David Rudisha has been left behind, and he's not used to it.
- Amputees running legs returned after going missing on train Updated: Jul-22-15 5:05 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A double-amputee runner from a Utah high school had his running blade prosthetics returned before a national track meet after they went missing on a New York train.
- Boston Marathon bomber is moved to Colorado Supermax prison Updated: Jul-17-15 7:23 pm
BOSTON - Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) is now detained in the highest-security prison in the country.
- Gatlin continues fine form with dominant win in 100 meters Updated: Jul-17-15 5:38 pm
MONACO - American sprinter Justin Gatlin continued his fine form by clocking 9.78 to win the 100 meters at the Herculis Diamond League meet on Friday - and then warned his rivals that he can go even faster at the world championships next month with the right start.
- Campaigning athletes cheer Russian coach's exit Updated: Jul-17-15 5:16 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian walk-racing coach announced his retirement while facing a series of doping allegations.
- Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba sets world record in women's 1,500 Updated: Jul-17-15 4:46 pm
MONACO - Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba powered down the home straight to set a world record in the women's 1,500 meters at a Diamond League meeting in Monaco on Friday.
- Steele leaves UNI for Iowa St Updated: Jul-17-15 3:06 pm
AMES, Iowa - Northern Iowa head track coach Dan Steele has resigned to become the associate head coach at Iowa State.
- IAAF head rebukes Beijing on ticket sales for world champs Updated: Jul-17-15 12:56 pm
MONACO - The head of the IAAF says Beijing needs to work harder to sell tickets for next month's world championships.