- JOC sets up 3-man team to investigate Tokyo 2020 payments Updated: May-25-16 2:51 am
TOKYO - The Japanese Olympic Committee has set up an investigative team to see if there were any illegal payments made to a Singapore firm which have entangled Tokyo's winning 2020 Olympic bid in a bribery investigation.
- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- 2 Purdue athletic courts damaged in water main break Updated: May-24-16 10:35 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Two Purdue University athletics complexes were damaged during a weekend water main break.
- Isinbayeva vows lawsuit if Russia barred from Olympic track Updated: May-23-16 12:35 pm
MOSCOW - Two-time Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva plans to file suit if Russia's ban from global track and field competition remains in place and she is barred from competing at the games in Rio de Janeiro.
- July 15 set as deadline for completion of Sochi doping probe Updated: May-23-16 6:18 am
MONTREAL - WADA's independent investigation into allegations of state-backed doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics will be completed by July 15.
- High school runner dies after collapsing at competition Updated: May-22-16 4:11 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A high school freshman has died after collapsing at his region's track and field championships.
- Semenya impressive again, Merritt also wins in Morocco Updated: May-22-16 3:47 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Caster Semenya set another world-leading time and again showed she will be one of the runners to watch at the Rio Olympics, leaving behind a strong field to easily win the 800 meters at the Diamond League meeting in Morocco on Sunday.
- 3 races in 3 days: Dafne Schippers shows top form at FBK Updated: May-22-16 2:58 pm
HENGELO, Netherlands - World champion Dafne Schippers set a world-leading time in the 200 meters at the FBK Games Sunday in her third sprint race in as many days to show her early form in the Olympic season.
- Two Harbors man, Minot woman win 12th Fargo Marathon Updated: May-21-16 8:03 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The men's and women's winners of the 12th annual Fargo Marathon have crossed the finish line.
- Kimbro shines in Class 1A for Catlin (Salt Fork) Updated: May-21-16 7:17 pm
CHARLESTON, Illinois - Goals are set for a reason, and for Catlin (Salt Fork)'s Jenny Kimbro, the second time proved to be the charm.
- Sports power couple: Eatons gearing up for Rio Olympics Updated: May-21-16 12:21 pm
Ashton Eaton crouched in the dirt and concentrated on conquering his latest rival - weeds overwhelming his backyard.
- USOC leader: Flawed anti-doping system needs attention Updated: May-20-16 7:11 pm
The leader of the U.S. Olympic Committee says the latest anti-doping headlines make it "increasingly difficult to defend the current system."
- Hurdler finishes race despite ruptured Achilles tendon Updated: May-20-16 5:25 pm
An Idaho State hurdler's final 400-meter race should have been over when she collapsed with a ruptured Achilles tendon after the second hurdle.
- Usain Bolt wins 100 at Golden Spike in 9.98 Updated: May-20-16 2:47 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt used his strong finish to win the 100 meters in 9.98 seconds at the Golden Spike meet on Friday.
- Rutherford to hold long jump competition in back yard Updated: May-20-16 8:05 am
WOBURN SANDS, England - Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford is planning to host an event in his backyard.
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Bolt: Positive Beijing retests 'bad news' for sport Updated: May-18-16 3:30 pm
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt called it "really bad news" for sport after the announcement that 31 athletes were caught doping in retests from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- 3x Olympic champion Walsh clears qualifying milestone Updated: May-18-16 2:14 pm
MASON, Ohio - Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champion Kerri Walsh Jennings and her partner, reigning silver medalist April Ross, have cleared their last major obstacle before qualifying for the 2016 Summer Games.
- Bach: Russia faces range of sanctions if state doping proven Updated: May-18-16 11:35 am
LONDON - The latest allegations of state-sponsored doping in Russia could lead to suspension of entire national federations, heavy fines and lifetime Olympic bans, IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday.
- Olympic champion Pearson to return at Birmingham, England Updated: May-18-16 12:24 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Olympic 100-meter hurdles champion Sally Pearson will make her return to the track at a Diamond League meet in Birmingham, England on June 5, just over a year after sustaining a serious wrist injury during a race in Rome last year.
- Governor signs bill inspired by marathon bombing survivor Updated: May-17-16 6:40 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's governor has signed into law a bill inspired by a resident injured in the Boston Marathon bombings who had trouble applying for the state's crime victim compensation fund because the attack happened in Massachusetts.
- Athletics doping probe leads to 6 arrests in Morocco Updated: May-17-16 6:17 am
RABAT, Morocco - Moroccan authorities have arrested six people in a long-running investigation into doping in the country's track and field federation.
- Ethiopia's tough running coach Woldemeskel Kostre dies at 69 Updated: May-17-16 6:08 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Woldemeskel Kostre, the Ethiopian distance running coach who trained greats like Haile Gebrselassie and Kenenisa Bekele and was renowned for his strict disciplinarian approach, has died. He was 69.
- Funding for UW performance center nearly complete Updated: May-16-16 12:33 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Construction on a $44 million addition to the Rochelle Athletics Center at the University of Wyoming is expected to begin this summer.
- Coe visits Rio track, won't speculate if Russia will compete Updated: May-15-16 6:42 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Sebastian Coe, the head of the world governing body of athletics, visited the track for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics on Sunday but declined to speculate if Russia will be allowed to compete there.