- Even No. 2 Halep rooting for Serena to win US Open Updated: Aug-29-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - The No. 2 women's tennis player in the world hopes Serena Williams wins the U.S. Open.
- Petra Kvitova Lucie Safarova advance to New Haven final Updated: Aug-28-15 10:32 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded Petra Kvitova beat third-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 7-5, 6-1 on Friday night to reach the Connecticut Open final for the fourth consecutive year.
- After restful summer, Federer in the swing heading into Open Updated: Aug-28-15 8:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Roger Federer isn't in such a rush anymore. He's doing things his way and taking time to savor each moment.
- Herbert advances to Winston-Salem final Updated: Aug-28-15 5:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - French qualifier Pierre-Hughes Herbert advanced to the Winston-Salem Open final, beating 13th-seeded Steve Johnson of the U.S. 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Friday.
- US Open fans get break from sun, but not yet rain, in Ashe Updated: Aug-28-15 2:45 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. Open spectators must wait out rain delays at Arthur Ashe Stadium for one more year. In the meantime, they're getting a break from Mother Nature in a very different way: shade from the blazing sun.
- US Open women's final sells out before men's final Updated: Aug-28-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - With Serena Williams on the verge of making history, the U.S. Open women's final has sold out before the men's title match.
- Struggling Bouchard gets help from Connors ahead of US Open Updated: Aug-27-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - Eugenie Bouchard is getting a little help from Jimmy Connors ahead of the U.S. Open.
- Serena Williams could face Sharapova in US Open semifinal Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams could play an All-American U.S. Open.
- Robby Ginepri, '05 US Open semifinalist, retires from tennis Updated: Aug-27-15 2:27 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Robby Ginepri, a semifinalist at the 2005 U.S. Open, has retired after 14 years on the ATP World Tour.
- Tennis' Djokovic has new title - UNICEF goodwill ambassador Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Top-ranked tennis star Novak Djokovic has a new title - goodwill ambassador for the U.N. children's agency, UNICEF.
- Serena Williams shrugs off US Open jitters for karaoke Updated: Aug-26-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams is trying to ignore "the elephant in the room" ahead of the U.S. Open.
- US OPEN 2015: 3 years after withdrawal, Mardy Fish returns Updated: Aug-26-15 12:03 pm
For Mardy Fish, it was supposed to mark a high point in his tennis career. Instead, Sept. 3, 2012, stands out as one of the most difficult days of his life.
- US OPEN 2015: Back on court, Duval still a winner in NYC Updated: Aug-25-15 10:28 pm
NEW YORK - Vicky Duval suspects tennis' locker rooms were a bit too quiet without her.
- US OPEN 2015: Nadal says his struggles are on him, not team Updated: Aug-25-15 8:57 pm
NEW YORK - Rafael Nadal has won 14 Grand Slam titles while coached by his uncle.
- Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic are US Open top seeds Updated: Aug-25-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - Top-ranked Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic are seeded No. 1 for the U.S. Open.
- Nick Kyrgios fined, suspended for comments to Wawrinka Updated: Aug-24-15 1:48 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Nick Kyrgios was suspended for 28 days from any ATP-sanctioned event and fined an additional $25,000 on Monday for his comments to Stan Wawrinka at the Rogers Cup in Montreal.
- US OPEN 2015: Cilic, Nishikori return to breakthrough site Updated: Aug-24-15 10:39 am
A year ago, Marin Cilic and Kei Nishikori arrived at the U.S. Open to little fanfare and without much in the way of expectations.
- Sharapova brings 'serious' tennis event to LA in December Updated: Aug-24-15 3:23 am
Maria Sharapova is bringing top-level tennis back to the Los Angeles area.
- Dominika Cibulkova advances in Connecticut Open Updated: Aug-23-15 8:44 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova overcame the heat and a three-hour match with Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova on Sunday in the first round of the Connecticut Open.
- Federer wins 7th Cincy title, Serena Williams gets her 2nd Updated: Aug-23-15 5:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Roger Federer jutted his right index finger toward the summer-blue sky to celebrate his latest Cincinnati title. He would have needed both hands to count all of them.
- Tennis instructor Jimmy Evert, father of Chris, dies at 91 Updated: Aug-23-15 9:59 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Jimmy Evert, a highly regarded tennis instructor whose students included his Grand Slam champion daughter, has died at age 91.
- Coach from England teaching tennis to Pine Ridge students Updated: Aug-22-15 11:31 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - A longtime tennis coach in England has been offering free tennis classes on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- Tennis group seeks to build indoor facility Updated: Aug-22-15 10:52 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Siouxland Tennis Association is seeking to raise funds in the hopes of building an indoor, year-round public tennis facility for the community.
- After cancer, Vicky Duval gets US Open qualifying wild card Updated: Aug-18-15 3:05 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Vicky Duval received a wild-card entry for U.S. Open qualifying, a week after she returned to competition following a yearlong recovery from Hodgkin lymphoma.
- A serene Serena Williams not feeling Grand Slam pressure Updated: Aug-18-15 1:02 pm
MASON, Ohio - - One major title stands between Serena Williams and a Grand Slam, and she's enjoying this "awesome" and "crazy" ride.