- Hewitt opens last North American hard-court swing with win Updated: Aug-04-15 11:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Lleyton Hewitt climbed out of a courtesy car Tuesday afternoon, slung a case of rackets over his shoulder and walked across the Citi Open grounds, accompanied by his 6-year-old son, Cruz, who gave Dad a hand by toting a black gym bag.
- No. 8 seed Svitolina survives 3-set match to advance Updated: Aug-04-15 9:48 pm
STANFORD, California - Eighth-seeded Elina Svitolina, who reached the quarterfinals of the French Open, needed three sets to beat qualifier Kateryna Bondarenko in the first round of the Bank of the West Classic on Tuesday.
- Kohlschreiber, Haider-Maurer reach 2nd round in Kitzbuehel Updated: Aug-04-15 1:27 pm
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Philipp Kohlschreiber overcame 14 aces by Jan-Lennard Struff to beat his German compatriot 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3 in the first round of the Generali Open on Tuesday.
- Japan's Nishikori says left calf is 'feeling pretty well' Updated: Aug-03-15 7:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Kei Nishikori says his injured left calf is healed after taking time off following Wimbledon.
- John Isner wins Atlanta Open for 3rd straight year Updated: Aug-02-15 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - John Isner won the Atlanta Open for the third straight year, beating Marcos Baghdatis 6-3, 6-3 on Sunday at Atlantic Station.
- Hingis helps Washington Kastles win World TeamTennis title Updated: Aug-02-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Martina Hingis helped the Washington Kastles win their record fifth consecutive World TeamTennis championship on Sunday with a 24-18 victory over the Austin Aces.
- Margarita Gasparyan wins Baku Cup for 1st WTA title Updated: Aug-02-15 2:51 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Margarita Gasparyan of Russia won her first WTA title Sunday by beating Patricia Maria Tig of Romania 6-3, 5-7, 6-0 in the Baku Cup final.
- Nadal beats Fognini to win Hamburg Open Updated: Aug-02-15 10:41 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Top-seeded Rafael Nadal overcame some sloppy play on his beloved clay to beat Fabio Fognini 7-5, 7-5 and win the Hamburg Open for the second time on Sunday.
- Bouchard out of Washington even, citing abdominal injury Updated: Jul-31-15 9:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Eugenie Bouchard has pulled out of next week's Citi Open hard-court tennis tournament, citing an abdominal injury.
- Serena Williams withdraws from Bank of West with hurt elbow Updated: Jul-31-15 4:44 pm
STANFORD, California - World No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from the upcoming Bank of the West Classic because of an elbow injury she says must get "back to 100 percent."
- Winthrop tennis coach resigns due to immigration issues Updated: Jul-31-15 1:26 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Winthrop men's tennis coach Sergey Belov has resigned because of what the school said were issues with his immigration status.
- Azarenka pulls out of Citi Open hard-court tournament in DC Updated: Jul-30-15 7:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Former No. 1 and two-time major champion Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of next week's Citi Open hard-court tournament because of an injured right shoulder.
- Roger Federer pulls out of Montreal tournament Updated: Jul-29-15 6:27 pm
MONTREAL - Roger Federer pulled out of next month's Rogers Cup hard-court tournament on Wednesday.
- Tsurenko beats Radwanska to win Istanbul Cup Updated: Jul-26-15 7:03 pm
ISTANBUL - Lesia Tsurenko won her first WTA Tour title on Sunday after beating Urszula Radwanska in the final of the Istanbul Cup.
- Tomic tops Mannarino to win Claro Open for 2nd straight year Updated: Jul-26-15 6:41 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Bernard Tomic of Australia defeated Frenchman Adrian Mannarino 6-1, 3-6, 6-2 to win the Claro Open for the second consecutive year on Sunday.
- Paire takes first ATP title with win over Robredo at Bastad Updated: Jul-26-15 4:03 pm
BASTAD, Sweden - Benoit Paire of France won his first ATP title on Sunday after beating Spain's Tommy Robredo 7-6 (9-7), 6-3, in the men's final at the Swedish Open.
- Stosur beats Knapp in 3 sets to win Gastein Ladies Updated: Jul-26-15 12:30 pm
BAD GASTEIN, Austria - Samantha Stosur rallied to defeat third-seeded Karin Knapp of Italy 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2 in the final of the Gastein Ladies on Sunday.
- Thiem and Sousa reach Croatia Open final Updated: Jul-25-15 5:20 pm
UMAG, Croatia - Dominik Thiem of Austria and Joao Sousa of Portugal came from a set down to reach the Croatia Open final on Saturday.
- Federer, Wawrinka return for Switzerland in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-24-15 8:32 am
BERN, Switzerland - Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka will play for Switzerland in the Davis Cup playoffs against the Netherlands.
- Gabby Douglas right on schedule for golden return Updated: Jul-24-15 2:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gabby Douglas is exasperated. Again and again and again the defending women's Olympic all-around champion emphatically slaps her right hand on one of the picnic tables that sit just past the front desk at Buckeye Gymnastics, the latest home in her nomadic career.
- Mardy Fish says US Open to be last tournament of career Updated: Jul-22-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Former top-10 player Mardy Fish says the U.S. Open will be the last tennis tournament of his career.
- John McEnroe says end of competitive tennis near for him Updated: Jul-21-15 3:30 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - John McEnroe says he's almost done playing competitive tennis.
- US going to Uzbekistan in Davis Cup playoffs, Swiss vs Dutch Updated: Jul-21-15 7:05 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Uzbekistan for the first time among some tough away trips in the Davis Cup World Group playoffs in September.
- Serena Williams out of World TeamTennis Updated: Jul-20-15 7:18 pm
WASHINGTON - With the Grand Slam in sight, Serena Williams is not going to risk playing World TeamTennis.
- Roger Federer visits Malawi for charity work Updated: Jul-20-15 2:13 pm
JOHANNESBURG - It's a long way from Centre Court at Wimbledon for Roger Federer, who has opened a preschool in impoverished Malawi as part of his charity work.