- For 4th year in row, Rafael Nadal loses early at Wimbledon Updated: Jul-02-15 4:48 pm
LONDON - On the final point of the first set of his latest Wimbledon disappointment, Rafael Nadal swung his mighty, lefty forehand - and whiffed, accidentally whacking his right leg with his racket.
- Wimbledon's Centre Court evacuated after small fire Updated: Jul-01-15 6:03 pm
LONDON - A small electrical fire broke out inside Wimbledon's Centre Court building on Wednesday, causing an evacuation after play had ended for the day.
- Record heat at Wimbledon causes issues for ball boy, players Updated: Jul-01-15 1:57 pm
LONDON - The heat at Wimbledon on Wednesday caused a ball boy to collapse, a player to feel "dizzy" and thermometers to rise to record levels for the tournament.
- Nishikori pulls out of Wimbledon with calf injury Updated: Jul-01-15 8:50 am
LONDON - After fighting through a calf injury in the first round at Wimbledon, Kei Nishikori couldn't even step onto Centre Court for his second match.
- Texas hires women's tennis coach Howard Joffe Updated: Jun-30-15 5:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas hired Howard Joffe to as the new women's tennis coach, poaching from former rival at Texas A&M.
- Williams sisters pull out of doubles at Wimbledon Updated: Jun-30-15 12:36 pm
LONDON - The Williams sisters pulled out of women's doubles at Wimbledon on Tuesday, with Serena saying it's because she wants to focus on her bid for a fourth consecutive Grand Slam title in singles.
- Daub retiring after 22 years as W&M tennis coach Updated: Jun-30-15 3:09 am
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia - William & Mary men's tennis coach Peter Daub is retiring after 22 years in the position.
- 2002 champ Hewitt loses in 1st round at his last Wimbledon Updated: Jun-29-15 3:22 pm
LONDON - The last Wimbledon singles contest of 2002 champion Lleyton Hewitt's career was a back-and-forth, 4-hour tussle in which he saved three match points before finally succumbing 11-9 in the fifth set.
- David Ferrer withdraws from Wimbledon with wrist injury Updated: Jun-28-15 8:36 am
LONDON - Spanish player David Ferrer has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of an elbow injury.
- Istomin beats Querrey, wins Nottingham Open for 1st title Updated: Jun-27-15 11:59 am
NOTTINGHAM, England - Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan beat Sam Querrey of the United States 7-6 (1), 7-6 (6) in the final of the grass-court Nottingham Open to win his first ATP title on Saturday.
- Bencic wins Eastbourne final for 1st WTA title Updated: Jun-27-15 11:48 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic won her first title by beating Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 in the Eastbourne final on Saturday, enhancing her burgeoning reputation ahead of Wimbledon.
- Djokovic avoids Federer, Murray, Nadal in Wimbledon draw Updated: Jun-26-15 7:21 am
LONDON - Defending champion Novak Djokovic avoided his three biggest traditional rivals in the Wimbledon draw on Friday as the other members of tennis' "Big Four" were all placed on the opposite side.
- Simon, Mayer lose in quarterfinals at Nottingham Open Updated: Jun-25-15 4:05 pm
NOTTINGHAM, England - Gilles Simon and Leonardo Mayer were eliminated from the grass-court Nottingham Open, leaving an unlikely lineup for the semifinals omn Thursday.
- Former Oklahoma State tennis player qualifies for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-25-15 2:52 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Former Oklahoma State tennis player Oleksandr Nedovyesov has qualified for Wimbledon.
- Spanish tennis federation president gets suspended Updated: Jun-24-15 2:06 pm
MADRID - Spain's administrative court for sport has suspended the president of the Spanish tennis federation.
- GAC announces sportsmanship awards for 2014-2015 seasons Updated: Jun-24-15 1:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Great American Conference is honoring six teams for sportsmanship during the most recent seasons.
- Curry and James up for best male athlete at ESPY Awards Updated: Jun-24-15 10:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Stephen Curry and LeBron James are going head-to-head again not long after battling for the NBA title.
- 2-time champ Rafael Nadal seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-24-15 6:57 am
LONDON - Two-time champion Rafael Nadal was seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon on Wednesday, his lowest seeding ever at the All England Club.
- Australian Nick Kyrgios splits with coach Todd Larkham Updated: Jun-22-15 6:54 pm
SYDNEY - Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios has split with coach Todd Larkham less than a week before the start of Wimbledon, saying on his website Tuesday that the pair "mutually agreed" to part ways.
- Wimbledon champ Kvitova out of Eastbourne through illness Updated: Jun-22-15 11:46 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova pulled out of the Eastbourne grass-court tournament on Monday because of illness, disrupting her preparations for the defense of her title at the All England Club starting next week.
- Dolgopolov, Baghdatis advance in Nottingham Updated: Jun-21-15 3:14 pm
NOTTINGHAM, England - Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine defeated Donald Young of the United States in the first round of the grass-court Aegon Open Nottingham on Sunday and Marcos Baghdatis set up a second-round match against top-seeded David Ferrer.
- Murray beats Troicki and Anderson to win Queen's Club title Updated: Jun-21-15 12:27 pm
LONDON - Andy Murray claimed his 34th career title on Sunday with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over unseeded South African Kevin Anderson in the final of the grass-court Queen's Club tournament.
- Federer beats Seppi for record 8th Halle title Updated: Jun-21-15 9:42 am
HALLE, Germany - Roger Federer defeated Italy's Andreas Seppi 7-6 (1), 6-4 to claim a record eighth Gerry Weber Open title Sunday in his 10th final at the event.
- Pliskova, Kerber to meet in WTA Birmingham final Updated: Jun-20-15 2:42 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic reached her first grass-court final when she beat Kristina Mladenovic of France 6-2, 7-6 (6) in the Aegon Classic on Saturday.
- Tsonga doubtful for Wimbledon with abdominal injury Updated: Jun-19-15 11:35 am
PARIS - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has pulled out of the Nottingham Open with an abdominal injury, casting doubts on his participation at Wimbledon.