- Rain slows, allowing Djokovic, others to play at French Open Updated: May-31-16 6:20 am
PARIS - Novak Djokovic's fourth-round match at the French Open finally got started, albeit under a light drizzle, remnants of heavier rain that wiped out an entire day of play and caused a delay of more than an hour to Tuesday's proceedings.
- The Latest: Players on courts at French Open Updated: May-31-16 6:15 am
PARIS - The Latest from the French Open (all times local):
- Heavy rains drench swaths of France, disrupt French Open Updated: May-31-16 5:50 am
PARIS - Heavy rain is drenching parts of France, with flood warnings near the English Channel, canceled matches at the French Open and soggy tourists in Paris.
- Tennis Integrity Unit: No evidence of corruption in match Updated: May-31-16 5:16 am
LONDON - The Tennis Integrity Unit says no evidence of corruption was found after an investigation into a mixed doubles match at this year's Australian Open that had reportedly attracted suspicious betting patterns.
- UCLA's McDonald, Virginia's Collins get NCAA tennis titles Updated: May-30-16 7:09 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Mackenzie McDonald became the first player in 15 years to pull off a double national championship.
- Paris Olympic bid leader: Roof at Roland Garros not crucial Updated: May-30-16 10:59 am
PARIS - While essential for the French Open, a roof over center court at Roland Garros is "not crucial" for Paris' bid to host the 2024 Olympics, the city's bid leader said Monday as heavy rain washed out play at the clay-court Grand Slam for the first time in 16 years.
- The Latest: Day of firsts for Hamilton, Rossi and Truex Updated: May-29-16 10:41 pm
The latest on motorsport's busiest day, with Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix followed by the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 (all times local):
- Tennis federation head: 'An awful lot of work' needed in Rio Updated: May-29-16 1:12 pm
PARIS - The head of the International Tennis Federation said Sunday that there is "still an awful lot of work that needs to go on" to have his sport's venue ready for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in August.
- 'For the moment,' Djokovic plans to compete at Rio Olympics Updated: May-28-16 4:57 pm
PARIS - Top-ranked tennis player Novak Djokovic says canceling the Olympics "is unthinkable" and, "for the moment," he is still planning to compete at the Rio de Janiero Games, despite worries about the Zika virus.
- 9-time champion Nadal out of French Open with injured wrist Updated: May-27-16 12:08 pm
PARIS - Nine-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal pulled out of the Grand Slam tournament on Friday, citing an injury to his left wrist.
- Tennis pros need a CEO's head on top of strong shoulders Updated: May-27-16 2:32 am
PARIS - Two rounds of French Open tennis haven't come close to turning Marco Trungelliti into a millionaire.
- Maria Sharapova on Russia's provisional Olympic team for Rio Updated: May-26-16 10:19 am
MOSCOW - Russia has included Maria Sharapova on its preliminary team for the Olympic tennis tournament in August despite her provisional suspension for failing a drug test.
- Virginia tops Oklahoma for NCAA men's tennis title Updated: May-25-16 12:35 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Henrik Wiersholm rallied from a 5-2 deficit in the second set for a 6-2, 7-6 victory over Andre Biro, clinching a 4-1 victory for Virginia over Oklahoma in the NCAA men's tennis final Tuesday night.
- Stanford tops Oklahoma St to take NCAA women's tennis title Updated: May-24-16 6:50 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Stanford's Taylor Davidson fought off a match point for 3-6, 7-5, 7-5 victory over Oklahoma State's Vladica Babic that gave the Cardinal a 4-3 win and their 18th NCAA women's tennis championship on Tuesday.
- Djokovic would like to see rankings points awarded in Rio Updated: May-24-16 1:39 pm
PARIS - Novak Djokovic would like to see tennis players at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics get ranking points from the ATP and WTA tours, the way they have at past Summer Games.
- Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA to televise 325½ hours from Rio Updated: May-24-16 12:29 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - NBCUniversal networks Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC and USA will combine to televise 325½ hours of programing from the Rio Olympics this summer.
- No roof at French Open before 2020 Updated: May-23-16 9:45 am
PARIS - Year after year, as rain affects the schedule and players spend long hours waiting in the locker rooms, a key question keeps coming up at the French Open: Why isn't there a roof over center court?
- Mauresmo explains coaching split with "complex" Murray Updated: May-21-16 3:00 pm
PARIS - Amelie Mauresmo has revealed the reasons for her coaching split with Andy Murray, explaining they "reached the end" of what they could achieve and he was a "complex" player to work with.
- Thiem beats Zverev to win Nice Open for 6th career title Updated: May-21-16 11:36 am
NICE, France - Top-seeded Dominic Thiem of Austria beat German teen Alexander Zverev 6-4, 3-6, 6-0 to win the clay-court Nice Open final and clinch his third ATP title of the year on Saturday.
- Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens wins Nuremberg tournament Updated: May-21-16 9:56 am
NUREMBERG, Germany - Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens defeated Mariana Duque-Marino of Colombia 6-2, 6-2 to win the Nuremberg clay-court tournament on Saturday.
- Andy Murray heads into French Open in confident form on clay Updated: May-20-16 1:01 pm
PARIS - Andy Murray heads into the French Open buoyed by his form on clay, especially after handing top-ranked Novak Djokovic a stinging defeat recently.
- Djokovic and Nadal could meet in French Open semifinals Updated: May-20-16 12:31 pm
PARIS - In his quest to complete a career Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic could have to beat nine-time champion Rafael Nadal in the French Open semifinals.
- Stan Wawrinka, Marin Cilic advance to Geneva Open final Updated: May-20-16 12:05 pm
GENEVA - Top-seeded Stan Wawrinka will play Marin Cilic for the Geneva Open title after both advanced from the semifinals on Friday.
- Security tightened at French Open in wake of attacks Updated: May-20-16 11:53 am
PARIS - Security will be tighter than ever at the French Open in the wake of the deadly attacks in Paris last November.
- Williams still haunted by hard-fought 2015 French Open win Updated: May-20-16 10:00 am
PARIS - Serena Williams is still haunted by her struggles en route to winning last year's French Open title.