- Andy Murray won't stay at Olympic Village at Rio Games Updated: May-03-16 8:26 pm
MADRID - Defending champion Andy Murray says he won't be living in the Olympic Village in Rio de Janeiro, preferring to stay at an apartment with the British tennis team.
- Arkansas women's tennis invited to NCAA Tennis Tournament Updated: May-03-16 7:17 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The Arkansas women's tennis team has been invited to the NCAA Women's Tennis Tournament.
- Oklahoma State, Tulsa to play in NCAA Tennis Regional Updated: May-03-16 7:15 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State and Tulsa women's tennis teams will both play in the NCAA Regional in Stillwater.
- Nadal, Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters Updated: May-03-16 5:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal easily defeated Andrey Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-3 to reach the third round of the Madrid Masters on Tuesday, while Andy Murray advanced after a hard-fought 7-6, 3-6, 6-1 win over 37-year-old Radek Stepanek.
- Documents seized after searches at French Tennis Federation Updated: May-03-16 1:41 pm
PARIS - French prosecutors have seized documents after carrying out a series of searches at the national tennis federation and the home of its president Jean Gachassin on Tuesday.
- Federer withdraws from Madrid Masters because of back injury Updated: May-02-16 12:09 pm
MADRID - Roger Federer's injury woes continue.
- Murray with high expectations after breakthrough Madrid win Updated: May-02-16 10:59 am
MADRID - Andy Murray returns to the Madrid Masters with different expectations after his breakthrough win at the tournament a year ago.
- Almagro rallies to beat Carreno Busta for Estoril Open title Updated: May-01-16 4:55 pm
ESTORIL, Portugal - Nicolas Almagro recovered from a set down to beat fellow Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta 6-7 (6), 7-6 (5), 6-3 and win the Estoril Open final on Sunday.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.
- Diego Schwartzman of Argentina rallies to win Istanbul Open Updated: May-01-16 3:10 pm
ISTANBUL - Unseeded Diego Schwartzman staged a stunning comeback Sunday to upset second-seeded Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 6-7 (5), 7-6 (4), 6-0 and claim his maiden ATP Tour title at the Istanbul Open.
- Kohlschreiber defeats Thiem in 3 sets for 3rd BMW open title Updated: May-01-16 11:44 am
MUNICH - Philipp Kohlschreiber defeated Dominic Thiem of Austria 7-6 (7), 4-6, 7-6 (4) to win his third BMW Open title on Sunday.
- Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky wins in Morocco Updated: Apr-30-16 5:37 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky comfortably beat qualifier Marina Erakovic of New Zealand 6-2, 6-1 to win the Grand Prix SAR on Saturday.
- Lucie Safarova wins Prague Open for 7th career WTA title Updated: Apr-30-16 9:03 am
PRAGUE - Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic came from a set down to win the Prague Open, overcoming Sam Stosur of Australia 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 in the final on Saturday.
- Belarus tennis player escapes punishment over meldonium Updated: Apr-29-16 12:15 pm
LONDON - A player from Belarus has escaped punishment after testing positive for meldonium, the same substance found in Maria Sharapova's sample at the Australian Open, the International Tennis Federation says.
- Agassi to face Bruguera in Atlanta Open exhibition Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
ATLANTA - Andre Agassi will face Sergi Bruguera in an exhibition as part of the Atlanta Open on July 31, providing a rematch of the 1996 Olympics gold medal final in Atlanta.
- Serena Williams to miss Madrid Open because of illness Updated: Apr-29-16 6:18 am
MADRID - Serena Williams will miss the Madrid Open because of illness.
- Bill Tilden: A US tennis hero, but with a morals clause Updated: Apr-28-16 4:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - In the 1920s and 1930s, Bill Tilden was to tennis what Babe Ruth was to baseball. Honoring him with a historical marker should be an ace - if not for questions about his conduct with teenage boys.
- Nadal to be Spain's flag-bearer at Rio Games Updated: Apr-27-16 1:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal is getting a second chance to be Spain's Olympic flag-bearer.
- Pittsburgh's Fratangelo earns USTA wild card for French Open Updated: Apr-26-16 8:49 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The U.S. Tennis Association says that 2011 French Open junior champion Bjorn Fratangelo of Pittsburgh has earned a wild-card entry for the main draw at Roland Garros.
- Rafael Nadal wants his drug-test results made public Updated: Apr-26-16 1:49 pm
LONDON - Fed up with being accused of doping, Rafael Nadal has written to the president of the International Tennis Federation and asked for all of his drug-test results and blood profile records to be made public.
- Wimbledon prize money increased by 5 percent for 2016 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:38 pm
LONDON - This year's men's and women's singles champions at Wimbledon will each receive nearly $3 million, as the Grand Slam tournament increases overall prize money by 5 percent.
- Official wary of athletes staying outside Olympic village Updated: Apr-25-16 2:26 pm
MADRID - Extra security measures may be needed to protect some athletes staying outside of the Olympic Village during the Rio de Janeiro Games, one of Brazil's top security officials said Monday.
- Nadal sues former French minister who accused him of doping Updated: Apr-25-16 12:24 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal filed suit Monday against a former French minister who accused him of doping, saying he needs to defend his integrity and image as an athlete.
- Fernando Verdasco wins Nastase Tiriac Trophy Updated: Apr-25-16 9:54 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Fernando Verdasco won his seventh ATP title by beating Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 Monday in the Nastase Tiriac Trophy final.
- Nadal wins Barcelona Open, equals clay-court record Updated: Apr-24-16 4:37 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal beat defending champion Kei Nishikori 6-4, 7-5 to win the Barcelona Open for the ninth time on Sunday, equaling Guillermo Vilas' record of 49 career clay-court titles.