- 2nd-seeded Cilic beats Muller to reach last 8 in Rotterdam Updated: Feb-10-16 10:03 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Second-seeded Marin Cilic of Croatia reached the World Tennis Tournament quarterfinals on Wednesday with a 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7) second-round win against Gilles Muller of Luxembourg.
- Mladenovic falls to Siegemund in round 1 in St Petersburg Updated: Feb-10-16 5:41 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - France's Kristina Mladenovic, seeded seventh, lost in the first round of the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on Wednesday after a two-hour battle with Laura Siegemund of Germany.
- Williams coasts to 6-3, 6-2 win over Lee at Taiwan Open Updated: Feb-10-16 3:25 am
KAOHSIUNG, Taiwan - Top-seeded Venus Williams had a 6-3, 6-2 win over Lee Pei-chi in her opening match at the Taiwan Open on Wednesday.
- Teenager Taylor Fritz wins opener in Memphis open Updated: Feb-09-16 11:07 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Teenager Taylor Fritz, a promising American, won his opening-round match in the Memphis Open on Tuesday night beating Michael Mmoh 6-3, 6-4.
- Delbonis upsets Fognini to reach 2nd round in Argentina Updated: Feb-09-16 5:05 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Federico Delbonis of Argentina upset sixth-seeded Fabio Fognini of Italy 6-7 (4), 6-4, 6-4 in the first round of the Argentina Open on Tuesday.
- Pavlyuchenkova reaches round 2 in St. Petersburg Updated: Feb-09-16 3:14 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova was made to fight for a place in the second round of the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on Tuesday, beating Czech veteran Klara Koukalova in three sets.
- Tennis umpires banned over corruption; 4 officials suspended Updated: Feb-09-16 1:36 pm
LONDON - Two tennis umpires have been banned and four others are under investigation for corruption, authorities said Tuesday.
- Andy Murray becomes first-time father with birth of girl Updated: Feb-09-16 11:21 am
LONDON - Andy Murray has become a father for the first time after his wife, Kim Sears, gave birth to a girl.
- US drawn against Australia in Fed Cup playoffs Updated: Feb-09-16 9:58 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Australia in April as they try to win back their place in the top tier of the Fed Cup.
- Venus Williams advances US team in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 8:00 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Venus Williams clinched victory for the U.S. Fed Cup team against Poland on Sunday in the Group II first round, advancing her team to the World Group Playoff in April.
- Tennis tournament hosts to get refurbished courts Updated: Feb-07-16 4:10 pm
KEAUHOU, Hawaii - The Old Kona Airport Park tennis courts will be refurbished in a partnership between Hawaii County and the United States Tennis Association.
- Victor Estrella Burgos retains his Ecuador Open title Updated: Feb-07-16 3:54 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Victor Estrella Burgos of the Dominican Republic rallied from a set down to beat Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Sunday to retain his title on clay in the Ecuador Open in Quito.
- Gasquet beats Mathieu to retain Open Sud de France title Updated: Feb-07-16 3:07 pm
MONTPELLIER, France - Top-seeded Richard Gasquet overcame abdominal pains to defend his Open Sud de France title with a 7-5, 6-4 win against Paul-Henri Mathieu in an all-French final on Sunday.
- Bencic, Hingis help Switzerland beat Germany 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 2:31 pm
LEIPZIG, Germany - Belinda Bencic and Australian Open doubles champion Martina Hingis sent Switzerland to the Fed Cup semifinals with a 3-2 win over Germany on Sunday.
- Bautista-Agut downs Troicki to win Sofia Open Updated: Feb-07-16 1:51 pm
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Roberto Bautista Agut defeated Viktor Troicki to win the inaugural Sofia Open on Sunday for his fourth career title.
- Czech Republic beats Romania 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 1:32 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Defending champion Czech Republic beat host Romania 3-2 Sunday to advance to the semifinals of the Fed Cup.
- Garcia tops Giorgi to seal France's Fed Cup win over Italy Updated: Feb-07-16 12:18 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Caroline Garcia followed Kristina Mladenovic's earlier win by beating Camila Giorgi 6-3, 6-4 as France clinched a spot in the Fed Cup semifinals on Sunday with a comprehensive 4-1 win against Italy in their first-round tie.
- Williams, Stephens give US 2-0 Fed Cup lead over Poland Updated: Feb-06-16 9:54 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Venus Williams beat Paula Kania 7-5, 6-2, and Sloane Stephens beat Magda Linette, 6-2 6-4 on Saturday to give the U.S. a 2-0 lead over Poland after the opening day of their Fed Cup first round.
- Bertens gives Netherlands lead over Russia in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-06-16 12:19 pm
MOSCOW - Four-time Fed Cup champion Russia was on the brink of a surprise first-round defeat to the Netherlands after going 2-0 down on the first day Saturday.
- Fed Cup: Halep, Kvitova lose, Romania-Czech Republic, 1-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Monica Niculescu beat two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 6-3, 6-4 to ensure Romania tied with the Czech Republic 1-1 on the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Wozniacki to be Denmark's flag-bearer at Olympics in Rio Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former top-ranked tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has been chosen to be Denmark's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Del Potro returning after wrist surgery, long layoff Updated: Feb-03-16 4:19 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Juan Martin del Potro says he will make a comeback from his latest injury this month at the Delray Beach Open.
- Roger Federer has knee surgery, will skip 2 tournaments Updated: Feb-03-16 8:18 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Roger Federer has had knee surgery and will miss tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai this month.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- Bulls top Lakers 114-91 in Pau's last Staples date with Kobe Updated: Jan-29-16 2:05 am
LOS ANGELES - During seven seasons together with the Lakers, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant formed a bond that won't be broken by separation or retirement.