- WWE seeking to block concussion-related lawsuits Updated: Jul-01-15 10:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. is asking a federal judge to block lawsuits by former wrestlers who claim they have suffered long-term health problems from concussions they received in the ring.
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- NFL concussion awards on hold amid appeals through this fall Updated: Jun-24-15 10:07 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Retired NFL players seeking payouts from the potential $1 billion NFL concussion settlement could be waiting until next year based on appeals being weighed this fall.
- Athletic trainers endorse new standards for spine injuries Updated: Jun-24-15 2:28 pm
ST. LOUIS - A national medical group that represents athletic trainers is calling for more rigorous standards to treat sports-related spine injuries, including the immediate removal of helmets, shoulder pads and other equipment before a patient goes to the hospital.
- Missouri football player remains in serious condition Updated: Jun-22-15 1:18 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri defensive lineman Harold Brantley has improved to good condition after undergoing surgery on his left leg following a car accident on Sunday.
- Man linked to ex-Steelers doctor has sentence reduced Updated: Jun-20-15 9:53 am
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge has cut two years off the sentence of a western Pennsylvania businessman accused of having obtained painkiller prescriptions under different names from a former Steelers team doctor.
- In Montador's memory, Hawks' Carcillo speaks out for players Updated: Jun-12-15 2:38 am
- Ex-Illinois soccer player joins those suing over concussions Updated: Jun-08-15 10:56 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A former University of Illinois soccer player has joined the list of the school's athletes who have complained that they had to endure improper medical treatment and playing conditions.
- Pac-12 teams to use injury spotter during football games Updated: Jun-07-15 9:32 pm
The Pac-12 teams will use injury spotters during football games that will monitor teams with video technology and communicate with coaches and medical personnel.
- Concussions drive movement to curb headers in youth soccer Updated: Jun-07-15 2:24 pm
Gracie Hussey was just 7 when she had her first concussion. In a youth soccer match, she was trying to head the ball into the goal when she collided with another player.