- Sony, back in the crosshairs, defends 'Concussion' Updated: Sep-02-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly a year after the devastating hacking attack that leaked thousands of emails, Sony Pictures Entertainment again finds itself trying to justify its own inner dealings, this time over the upcoming Will Smith film about head trauma and the NFL, "Concussion."
- Column: Has NFL's PR machine finally met its match? Updated: Sep-02-15 1:25 pm
Merry Christmas, Mr. Commissioner. Enjoy your lump of coal.
- Titans nose tackle Sammie Hill has new injury in right knee Updated: Sep-01-15 5:33 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee nose tackle Sammie Hill has a new injury in the same right knee, and coach Ken Whisenhunt says the Titans are talking to doctors trying to decide if the lineman will need surgery to repair his knee.
- Illinois fires coach Tim Beckman 1 week before season opener Updated: Aug-28-15 11:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A week before the start of the football season, a difficult summer for the University of Illinois became chaotic as coach Tim Beckman was fired after an investigation found he tried to influence medical decisions and pressure players to play with injuries.
- Movement to curtail concussions and make sports safer Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - When an athlete breaks a bone, sprains a joint or tears a ligament, the damage is easily identified by bruising, swelling and obvious pain.
- Sanford donates $2M to NSU, becomes sports medicine provider Updated: Aug-21-15 2:32 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Sanford Health is making a $2 million donation to Northern State University and becoming the exclusive sports medicine provider for the school's athletes.
- Former NFL players appeal terms of concussion settlement Updated: Aug-17-15 5:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former NFL players who object to terms of the potential $1 billion concussion settlement have filed appeals that are likely to delay payouts to thousands of retirees until next year.
- Penguins open new practice facility in Pittsburgh Updated: Aug-14-15 5:12 pm
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pennsylvania - The Pittsburgh Penguins unveiled a new practice facility Friday that also serves as a sports medicine center for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- CFL adds another sideline test to determine concussions Updated: Aug-13-15 5:08 pm
TORONTO - The CFL is adding a two-minute test to standard sideline examinations for suspected concussion. The aim is to quickly determine if a player should be pulled from the field or can safely return to play.
- Deputies: Semi-pro football coach gave players illegal shots Updated: Aug-11-15 3:46 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say a former semi-pro football coach has been charged with practicing medicine without a license after he gave his players painkilling injections.
- NFL doctor: Medical timeout might have helped in Super Bowl Updated: Aug-05-15 8:24 pm
NEW YORK - Under the NFL's new medical timeout rule, Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman might not have been on the field with New England trying to score the go-ahead touchdown in the Super Bowl.
- The brain or a game, former player Utecht asks Updated: Aug-05-15 2:06 am
EDS NOTE: Ben Utecht was a standout tight end for the University of Minnesota who played in the NFL for six years, becoming a starter and winning a Super Bowl with the Indianapolis Colts in 2006. He retired in 2009 due to multiple concussions and memory loss. Utecht is now a national speaker, concussion advocate, and musician.