- Penn State player had symptoms for years before filing suit Updated: May-19-16 6:06 pm
NEW YORK - The former Penn State football player who is suing the school and the NCAA over their handling of concussions says he has been dealing with dizziness, headaches, memory loss and other symptoms for 26 years.
- Judge rules on attorney fees in UT discrimination lawsuit Updated: May-18-16 6:28 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A federal judge has recommended that former Tennessee associate director of sports medicine Jenny Moshak and two ex-Lady Volunteers strength coaches should recover more than $460,000 in attorneys' fees as part of the settlement in their lawsuit against the university.
- Fort Jackson holds 3-day event to celebrate vets, retirees Updated: May-18-16 5:19 pm
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - Military veterans and retirees from all service branches are invited to Fort Jackson's Retiree Appreciation Days for activities ranging from medical screenings to a golf tournament.
- Former college wrestler suing after series of concussions Updated: May-18-16 8:55 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former Old Dominion University wrestler has filed a lawsuit against the school, saying that despite being knocked out three times over a six-week period and exhibiting symptoms of concussions, coaches failed to refer him for medical treatment.
- Dartmouth coach: Tackle-free practice reduces concussions Updated: May-13-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Dartmouth football coach Buddy Teevens makes a promise to recruited players before they take the field: "In four years, you will never tackle another Dartmouth football player."
- AP Interview: IOC could retest Sochi doping samples Updated: May-12-16 6:57 am
LONDON - The IOC "would not hesitate" to retest drug samples from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi if there is evidence that doping controls were manipulated, according to the Olympic body's medical director.
- Suicides rarer in some ex-NFL players but questions remain Updated: May-11-16 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Government research on more than 3,000 retired NFL players says suicides were less common among men in this group than in the general population.
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit Updated: May-04-16 11:25 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university in Ohio will pay $712,000 to a former football player who said the team's coaches and medical staff didn't pull him from practice right away after he suffered multiple concussions that led to a permanent brain injury.
- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 9:50 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.
- Monkey bars alert: Playground concussions are on the rise Updated: May-02-16 8:22 am
CHICAGO - Playground concussions are on the rise, according to a new government study, and monkey bars and swings are most often involved.