- Plaintiffs in NHL concussion case now count 105 ex-players Updated: Feb-05-16 2:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Long after the end of his NHL career, Steve Payne is living an empty-nest life with his wife and three dogs in western Wisconsin.
- J.J. Watt feels concussions are an expected injury Updated: Feb-05-16 12:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt says he knew concussions were a risk when he decided to play football, so he's not any more alarmed by the studies of prolonged head trauma suffered by NFL players.
- NFL critic crashes news conference about concussions Updated: Feb-04-16 9:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An uninvited guest at the NFL's annual pre-Super Bowl news conference about health and safety, Chris Nowinski stood nearby and listened Thursday as one of the league's chief advisers about concussions declined to acknowledge a link between football and the brain disease called CTE.
- British Olympic Association providing guidance on Zika Updated: Feb-04-16 2:09 pm
LONDON - The British Olympic Association says it will provide medical guidance to athletes about the Zika virus ahead of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler had brain disease CTE Updated: Feb-03-16 1:33 pm
BOSTON - Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler, the late NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner who is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE, Boston University researchers said Wednesday.
- AP survey: Concussions not most NFL players' chief concern Updated: Feb-01-16 11:21 am
During a 15-year NFL career that sent him pinballing over the middle of the field too many times to count, absorbing hits as wicked as they come, former Denver Broncos receiver Brandon Stokley endured injuries that literally ran from head to toe.
- Former NFL safety Sash diagnosed with CTE Updated: Jan-26-16 8:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Former NFL and Iowa safety Tyler Sash, who died last year at age 27, has been diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
- IOC relaxes guidelines on transgender athletes Updated: Jan-24-16 2:45 pm
LONDON - Transgender athletes should be allowed to compete in the Olympics and other international events without undergoing sex reassignment surgery, according to new guidelines adopted by the IOC.
- NCAA autonomy group approves new concussion protections Updated: Jan-15-16 1:25 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The NCAA's major conferences have approved a rule that a school's medical officials have a final say over when athletes return to play after concussions or other injuries.
- Column: Clemson's Lawson shouldn't play if risk too great Updated: Jan-08-16 6:15 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Shaq Lawson desperately wants to play in the national championship game.