- Run-in with reporter triggered Mexico coach Herrera's ouster Updated: Jul-29-15 10:20 am
MEXICO CITY - In the end it wasn't the middling on-field performance by Mexico's national soccer team that cost Miguel Herrera his job as head coach of "El Tri."
- Japan-based advertising firm wins Olympic TV rights in Asia Updated: Jul-29-15 3:56 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The International Olympic Committee has awarded exclusive Olympic broadcast rights in 22 Asia-Pacific countries to Japan-based advertising agency Dentsu Inc.
- At media days, star quarterbacks can be hard to find Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 pm
The quarterback is usually the face of a football team. During conference media days, those faces are often difficult to find.
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - The coach of Mexico's national soccer team is known for his histrionic displays of emotion during games.
- Central Arkansas-Houston Baptist football on TV Oct. 10 Updated: Jul-27-15 8:06 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Central Arkansas will appear on TV this season under a deal the Southland Conference has reached with the Sinclair Networks Group.
- Fugitive's role in horror film leads to his arrest Updated: Jul-27-15 2:55 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A fugitive has been arrested after federal agents saw his photo in a story featuring a low-budget horror movie in The Olympian.
- IOC awards Olympic broadcast rights to Qatar's beIN Media Updated: Jul-27-15 6:47 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The International Olympic Committee has awarded broadcast rights in the Middle East and North Africa from 2018-2024 to Qatar's beIN Media Group.
- The Latest: Conte says facing Spain 'very stimulating' Updated: Jul-25-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The latest on Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying draw (times are local):
- YouTube creators looking elsewhere for money Updated: Jul-23-15 8:07 pm
ANAHEIM, California - When 29-year-old YouTube star Meghan Tonjes launched a podcast with crowd-funding site Patreon a year ago, it was one of dozens of things the singer-songwriter was doing to grind out a living online. Today, it's paying her rent.
- Fox planning World Cup studio in Moscow's Red Square Updated: Jul-23-15 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - David Neal looks ahead to the World Cup in less than three years and envisions Fox broadcasting from its own studio in the middle of Moscow's Red Square.
- EU opens antitrust case against 6 major US movie studios Updated: Jul-23-15 11:33 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Thursday launched an antitrust case against six major U.S. movie studios and British satellite broadcaster Sky UK, in a move that could profoundly shake up the highly lucrative pay-television market in Europe.
- Rafael Benitez says Sergio Ramos to stay with Real Madrid Updated: Jul-23-15 2:36 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez says defender Sergio Ramos will "100 percent" stay with the Spanish club and not make a move to Manchester United.
- Chattanooga, QB Huesman voted tops in Southern Conference Updated: Jul-22-15 3:38 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - The Huesmans have Chattanooga on a roll Southern Conference coaches don't anticipate slowing down this season.
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Antoine Fuqua sculpt a boxing great Updated: Jul-22-15 10:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Director Antoine Fuqua got a distressing call early in pre-production for the boxing drama "Southpaw."
- Fox moves Klatt from studio to booth on college football Updated: Jul-21-15 2:57 pm
Former Colorado quarterback Joel Klatt will become Fox Sports' lead game analyst for college football, moving from the studio to the booth.
- Pacers to wear 'Hoosiers' uniforms in some 2015-16 games Updated: Jul-21-15 12:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Hickory Huskers are coming to the NBA next season.
- ACC apologizes for expletives appearing in media guide Updated: Jul-20-15 7:30 pm
PINEHURST, North Carolina - The Atlantic Coast Conference has apologized for a sentence with two expletives that appeared on a page in its football media guide.
- Green Bay Packers post another year of record revenue Updated: Jul-20-15 4:15 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Green Bay Packers reported another year of record revenue Monday, with the NFL's only publicly-owned team bolstered in part by the windfall from the league's massive broadcasting deals.
- Longtime Buffalo Bills broadcaster Van Miller dies at 87 Updated: Jul-18-15 7:31 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The voice of the Buffalo Bills from the team's earliest days in the AFL has died at age 87.
- NFHS Network launches student broadcast academy in Atlanta Updated: Jul-18-15 9:05 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta Hawks CEO Steve Koonin and sports commentator Brad Nessler are taking part in the launch of a student broadcast academy in Atlanta.
- Alabama broadcasters remember Tide radio legend Doug Layton Updated: Jul-18-15 9:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Doug Layton, a familiar voice to Birmingham radio listeners for more than a half-century, died Wednesday night in his Vestavia Hills home following a long battle with cancer. He was 81 years old.
- Retired broadcaster buys Erie Otters junior hockey team Updated: Jul-17-15 3:45 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Retired Canadian broadcaster James Waters has purchased the Erie Otters major junior hockey team for $7.225 million.
- Auburn team to compete in national baton twirling contest Updated: Jul-17-15 9:31 am
AUBURN, Alabama - "One two, three four, five six, seven eight . One two, three four."
- ABC to debut Saturday night NBA coverage in January Updated: Jul-16-15 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - ABC will add to its NBA coverage next season with the debut of a Saturday night game in January.
- TCU picked by media to win Big 12 Conference football title Updated: Jul-16-15 3:57 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - TCU is the pick of the media to win the Big 12 Conference football championship.