- Mets broadcaster doing fine after health issue Updated: Jul-03-15 11:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - New York Mets radio play-by-play man Howie Rose is back in New York and doing fine, after an episode on the team's coast-to-coast flight in which he passed out from dehydration - forcing the plane to make an emergency stop in Detroit so that he could get medical attention.
- In Women's World Cup viewership, new generation is older one Updated: Jul-03-15 3:47 pm
A generation of American women who grew up playing sports because of Title IX now makes up the television audience that advertisers covet.
- Golf organizations distance themselves from Trump Updated: Jul-01-15 4:40 pm
Donald Trump says the golf industry supports him because "they know I'm right." Four leading golf organizations said he's wrong.
- Gushiken at last happy as boxer after Hall of Fame induction Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 am
TOKYO - It was a long fight for Yoko Gushiken to find life after boxing. Or rather, to find his life was all about boxing, after all.
- Golf's Peter Oosterhuis says he has early onset Alzheimer's Updated: Jun-29-15 4:47 pm
Former British golfer and CBS analyst Peter Oosterhuis says he has early onset Alzheimer's disease.
- Discovery secures European Olympic TV rights through 2024 Updated: Jun-29-15 10:15 am
LONDON - U.S.-based media giant Discovery Communications Inc. secured the European broadcast rights for four Olympics through 2024 on Monday in a landmark deal worth 1.3 billion euros ($1.45 billion).
- Former Coach recalls first Chinese NHL draft Song Andong Updated: Jun-29-15 7:38 am
BEIJING - Song Andong made sports history last week as the first Chinese player selected in the NHL draft. To his old coach, though, he's just a nice kid who keeps his head and shows the proper respect.
- Athletes adjusting to cameras all over arenas, stadiums Updated: Jun-29-15 3:09 am
When LeBron James pulls into the parking lot at Quicken Loans Arena, there are cameras waiting.
- European Games come to a close in Azerbaijan Updated: Jun-28-15 2:51 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Just as the inaugural European Games have sought to establish themselves on the global sporting calendar, so host nation Azerbaijan has used the event to make its mark on the world stage.
- US-China match draws 5.7 million viewers Updated: Jun-27-15 6:01 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Women's World Cup quarterfinal match between the United States and China drew 5.7 million viewers on Fox, the network says.
- Bhamara forces basketball to front page of Indian newspapers Updated: Jun-27-15 2:59 am
NEW DELHI - It is a rare day in India when basketball makes the front page of newspapers, yet Satnam Singh Bhamara achieved that feat when he became the first Indian to be drafted to the NBA this week.
- Teed off at Univision, Trump drives dispute off course Updated: Jun-26-15 5:31 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump to Univision: Get off my lawn.
- Suspect in broadcaster's death had been returned to Mexico Updated: Jun-25-15 2:16 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Officials say a man involved in the Oklahoma City collision that killed local sportscaster Bob Barry Jr. had been "voluntarily returned" to Mexico three times.
- Montoya chasing Triple Crown as IndyCar heads to Fontana Updated: Jun-24-15 4:25 pm
Only one driver has celebrated winning the Triple Crown of IndyCar in the same calendar year. Juan Pablo Montoya will try to stay in contention for the sweep when he races Saturday at Auto Club Speedway in California.
- Brewers' Bob Uecker to return to booth after concussion Updated: Jun-23-15 5:21 pm
MILWAUKEE - Bob Uecker is returning to the Milwaukee Brewers broadcast booth a week after getting hit in the head by a ball during batting practice.
- US-Colombia seen by 4.7 million on Fox Sports 1 Updated: Jun-23-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - The United States' second-round win over Colombia was the second-most-watched match of this Women's World Cup on U.S. television.
- Long-time 21st Century Fox exec leaving to run own venture Updated: Jun-23-15 3:43 pm
NEW YORK - Long-time 21st Century Fox executive David Hill is leaving the movie and television company to start his own entertainment venture.
- Harper, Love, Beckham Jr. to appear in ESPN 'Body Issue' Updated: Jun-22-15 10:42 am
NEW YORK - Bryce Harper, Kevin Love and Odell Beckham Jr. will be featured in ESPN The Magazine's seventh annual "Body Issue."
- Funeral service set for sportscaster Bob Barry Jr. Updated: Jun-22-15 8:40 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A public memorial is planned for a longtime Oklahoma sportscaster who was killed in an automobile accident.
- Former NFL player, Spanish-language TV pioneer dies at 77 Updated: Jun-19-15 9:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Danny Villanueva, who was one of the NFL's first Latino kickers and a pioneer of Spanish-language television, has died. He was 77.
- Western Kentucky-Vanderbilt season opener moved to Sept. 3 Updated: Jun-18-15 5:13 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky's season opener at Vanderbilt has been moved up two days to Sept. 3 and will be broadcast on the SEC Network.
- Cardinals coach Arians wins PFWA's Horrigan Award Updated: Jun-18-15 1:19 pm
Arizona's Bruce Arians, the 2014 NFL Coach of the Year, has won the Jack Horrigan Award from the Professional Football Writers of America for his cooperation with the media.
- US-Nigeria draws 3rd-largest Women's World Cup audience Updated: Jun-17-15 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - The TV audience for the U.S. team at the Women's World Cup keeps growing.
- In Tech: Facebook photos, Amazon e-reader and more Updated: Jun-17-15 2:15 pm
Facebook's latest app promises to help you organize photos on your phone and share them with friends privately.
- Stanley Cup Final is 2nd most-watched on record Updated: Jun-16-15 8:50 pm
NEW YORK - This year's Stanley Cup Final is the second most-watched on record.