- Reno mayor honors longtime journalist with Guy Clifton Day Updated: Feb-11-16 6:16 am
RENO, Nevada - The city of Reno is honoring longtime Nevada journalist and author Guy Clifton.
- West Coast Swing can get a bad reputation for weather Updated: Feb-09-16 8:00 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - The first stop on the "California Coastal Swing" featured 40 mph gusts and rain that led to a Monday finish at Torrey Pines with no spectators and hardly any volunteers. And that's all it takes to revive memories of what once was referred to as the Wet Coast Swing.
- Sports costs at ESPN weigh down Disney's Force-ful quarter Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - ESPN, the sports network that drives Disney's profit engine, has hit a soft patch. Subscribers have fallen by about 7.2 million over the last three years, according to Nielsen, and it's coming off a round of layoffs in the latest quarter. As more people cut the cord to watch programming online, its perch on top of the pay TV empire is looking unsteady at best.
- Legendary receiver at Jackson State, Willie Richardson, dies Updated: Feb-09-16 7:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State legendary wide receiver Willie Richardson has died.
- TV viewers choose Simpson over Madoff in crime stories Updated: Feb-09-16 5:38 pm
NEW YORK - In a television competition between notorious criminals, O.J. Simpson topped Bernard Madoff.
- Browns deny lying about Johnny Manziel's concussion Updated: Feb-09-16 4:55 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns are defending their handling of Johnny Manziel's late-season concussion.
- Newton defends actions at Super Bowl: 'I will not conform' Updated: Feb-09-16 1:40 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton isn't apologizing for acting like a "sore loser" after the Super Bowl.
- Marv Albert gets contract extension to call NBA on TNT Updated: Feb-09-16 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Veteran announcer Marv Albert has agreed to a multiyear contract extension with TNT to call NBA games.
- Reality TV star, ex-rapper to coach football in Miami Updated: Feb-09-16 9:28 am
MIAMI - The female star of a reality television show along with a former rapper will be leading the football program at Miami's Jackson High School.
- Lawsuit: Inmate hangs self as deputy watching football on TV Updated: Feb-09-16 6:24 am
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan - Family members of a man who died after hanging himself in a Michigan jail cell say the deputy who was supposed to be monitoring him instead was watching Monday Night Football on TV with other inmates.
- TV lights go out at TD Garden during Beanpot championship Updated: Feb-09-16 12:16 am
BOSTON - The championship game of the 64th edition of Boston's Beanpot college hockey tournament was delayed for about 30 minutes on Monday night when the rink TV lighting went out in the first period. Power elsewhere in the building was not affected.
- Super Bowl gets 111.9 million viewers, down from last year Updated: Feb-08-16 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Setting television viewership records with the Super Bowl has become almost routine, but this year's average of 111.9 million viewers for Denver's victory over Carolina is down from the past two years.
- 'Good Wife' creators welcome show's end; possible spinoff? Updated: Feb-08-16 4:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Good Wife" creators Robert and Michelle King say they welcomed CBS' decision to end the series, allowing them to write its final chapter.
- Springs man stabbed after complaining about TV noise Updated: Feb-08-16 1:39 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs police say a man was stabbed after knocking on his neighbor's door with a baseball bat to complain about TV noise.
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners Updated: Feb-08-16 10:57 am
NEW YORK - With 30-second Super Bowl ads costing up to $5 million, it's a huge gamble to advertise. As the Denver Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers, there were winners and losers off the field, too. Here are the advertisers whose gamble paid off, and those who dropped the ball.
- Gymnast Tweddle injured training for winters sports TV show Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 am
LONDON - Beth Tweddle, a former Olympic bronze medalist in gymnastics, is recovering in an Austrian hospital after undergoing neck surgery following a fall while training for a winter sports reality television show.
- The Latest: Eli Manning outshone many ads on social media Updated: Feb-07-16 11:05 pm
NEW YORK - The latest developments in Super Bowl commercials before, during and after the Big Game:
- CBS says 'The Good Wife' will end its run in May Updated: Feb-07-16 9:56 pm
NEW YORK - CBS used the Super Bowl as a platform to announce the imminent end of the network's most critically-acclaimed show, the Sunday night drama "The Good Wife" starring Julianna Margulies.
- Association honors work by Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines Register was named Friday as the Iowa Newspaper Association 2016 "Newspaper of the Year."
- Chillin' with a special recipe for the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A game 50 years in the making deserves a meal that can measure up, or at least try.
- Jay Feely embraces new role as CBS' kicking expert Updated: Feb-05-16 3:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jay Feely has some conflicted emotions in his new role as CBS' sideline kicking analyst in playoff games.
- McCrory's 1st re-election campaign ad linked to Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 12:34 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory's first television commercial of his re-election campaign seeks to connect the Carolina Panthers' Super Bowl run with the Republican's time in office.
- Documentary of rodeo legend Casey Tibbs nearly finished Updated: Feb-05-16 9:14 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Denver filmmaker producing a documentary about rodeo legend Casey Tibbs hopes to wrap up the project this month.
- IAAF looking into claims of state-sanctioned doping in China Updated: Feb-05-16 7:53 am
BEIJING - The IAAF is investigating the authenticity of a two-decade-old letter published in Chinese media that suggests state-sanctioned doping in the 1990s, and casts doubt on the longstanding world records set by Wang Junxia in the women's 3,000 and 10,000 meters.
- Super Bowl ads go for the safety Updated: Feb-05-16 3:47 am
NEW YORK - Talking animals, celebrity cameos and crowd-pleasing rock songs: This year's Super Bowl advertisers are sticking to the classics in their efforts to win over Big Game viewers on Sunday.