- Under new TV contract, US Open returns to Sunday men's final Updated: Aug-30-15 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - For the first time since 2007, the U.S. Open men's final could be played on a Sunday.
- Vin Scully: 2016 will be final season in booth for Dodgers Updated: Aug-29-15 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully said Saturday that 2016 will be his last season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers, which would mark the end of his record 67-year tenure with the same franchise.
- Illinois to broadcast football games in Chinese Updated: Aug-29-15 1:49 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A surge in students from China has prompted the University of Illinois to add Chinese-language broadcasts of its football games this season.
- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- Rowing alone: Author channels life on water with kids' book Updated: Aug-29-15 9:35 am
ONANCOCK, Virginia - An Eastern Shore of Virginia native who grew up fishing and crabbing on Onancock Creek has authored a children's book celebrating life on the water and the creatures that live in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Hockey moms sought for Minnesota reality TV show Updated: Aug-29-15 5:05 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Hockey moms are wanted for a Minnesota reality TV show set to debut this winter.
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- UW men's basketball game times, TV coverage released Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Game times and television coverage have been released for the 2015-16 Wyoming Cowboys basketball season.
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- Don Orsillo out as Red Sox's TV announcer after season Updated: Aug-26-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Don Orsillo is out as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice after this season.
- Report: U of I athletes tested positive for drugs 65 times Updated: Aug-26-15 1:22 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Athletes at the University of Illinois tested positive for banned drugs 65 times during the 2014-2015 school year, more than any other year in at least a decade, according to a newspaper report published Wednesday.
- A quaint rite: Harvesting broadcast's fall crop of new shows Updated: Aug-26-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - It's an exciting new fall season ahead on broadcast TV. We await the charming rom-com "Manhattan Love Story" ... the heart-tugging youth drama, "Red Band Society" ... and don't forget "Mulaney," an autobiographical sitcom about a promising young standup.
- ESPN takes Schilling off LLWS broadcast after tweet Updated: Aug-25-15 5:01 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - ESPN removed Curt Schilling from its broadcast team for the Little League World Series on Tuesday because of an anti-Muslim tweet.
- TuneIn radio app starts $8 tier with MLB, soccer, audiobooks Updated: Aug-25-15 1:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - TuneIn, the app that gives users free access to thousands of live radio stations around the world, is launching an $8-a-month premium subscription service that throws in ad-free listening, audiobooks and live play-by-play coverage of Major League Baseball and soccer from the Premier League and the Bundesliga.
- South Korea turns off propaganda as Koreas reach deal Updated: Aug-25-15 12:44 am
SEOUL, South Korea - After 40-plus-hours of talks, North and South Korea on Tuesday pulled back from the brink with an accord that allows both sides to save face and, for the moment, avert the bloodshed they've been threatening each other with for weeks.
- The Latest: Seoul to halt broadcasts; N Korea shows regret Updated: Aug-24-15 2:59 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The latest on the tensions on the Korean Peninsula (all times local):
- Cowboys concerned with 49ers' turf for preseason game Updated: Aug-21-15 8:24 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested Friday that the Cowboys could sit quarterback Tony Romo and other starters for a preseason game in San Francisco over concerns with the troublesome turf at Levi's Stadium.
- Ex-coach Barnett returning to CU as football radio analyst Updated: Aug-21-15 4:53 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Gary Barnett is returning to the University of Colorado as a football radio analyst.
- EXCHANGE: Man steps away from the sport he helped develop Updated: Aug-21-15 9:30 am
QUINCY, Illinois - Gus Traeder can be found wearing one or more of his numerous hats on any given day.
- Coe beats Bubka for top job in international track and field Updated: Aug-19-15 2:47 pm
BEIJING - After a final promise to the international track and field community that he'd always be in its corner, Sebastian Coe won the election to replace Lamine Diack as IAAF president and took up the immediate challenge of restoring the image of a sport grappling with a doping controversy.
- Diack defends IAAF integrity on doping on his watch Updated: Aug-19-15 6:18 am
BEIJING - Lamine Diack opened his last congress as IAAF president with a staunch defense of the integrity of the international track and field federation under his watch, saying his sport had been at the forefront of the anti-doping campaign and was actively dealing with the latest controversies.
- The big challenge to come after election for Coe or Bubka Updated: Aug-18-15 9:32 am
BEIJING - After months campaigning, Sebastian Coe and Sergei Bubka face an election Wednesday knowing that the new IAAF president will need to go straight to work to convince the public that track and field's governing body can properly tackle the scourge of doping.
- Notable Mississippians join chorus to change state flag Updated: Aug-16-15 9:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jimmy Buffett, John Grisham, Morgan Freeman and former New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning are among famous current and former Mississippi residents asking the state to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its flag.
- Former Tigers football player cast as serial killer in movie Updated: Aug-16-15 11:28 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Former University of Missouri football player Max Copeland, once known on the field for his role on the offensive line, has landed a movie role that highlights what he says he's good at: acting crazy.
- WADA investigates ARD/Sunday Times doping allegations Updated: Aug-14-15 6:42 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has begun investigating allegations by German broadcaster ARD and The Sunday Times newspaper in Britain that a third of medals in endurance races at Olympics and world championships were won by athletes who have recorded suspicious blood readings.