- ESPN cuts sponsored daily fantasy sports elements from shows Updated: Oct-06-15 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - ESPN is cutting sponsored DraftKings elements from within its shows but not commercials from the daily fantasy sports site. That's according to ESPN Outside the Lines host Bob Ley, who revealed the shift during his show Tuesday.
- Graney, McNamee voted by fans to Hall ballot for Frick Award Updated: Oct-06-15 6:34 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - Jack Graney, Graham McNamee and Bert Wilson have been elected by fans to join seven other candidates on the ballot for the Hall of Fame's Ford C. Frick Award, presented annually for excellence in baseball broadcasting.
- DVR usage changes Nielsen ratings picture Updated: Oct-06-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Football and CBS - sometimes both -dominated ratings during the second week of the television season.
- Under Pete Carroll, Seahawks nearly perfect in prime time Updated: Oct-05-15 3:09 pm
SEATTLE - As part of the program he has built in Seattle, Pete Carroll insists that all games are equal and those with a higher profile carry no extra significance for the team.
- Leaders who follow: What candidates' Twitter lists reveal Updated: Oct-05-15 2:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Jeb Bush follows Donald Trump on Twitter but that's a one-way street: Trump mainly follows people with a connection to himself. Ted Cruz's follow list is a big tea party, though he keeps an eye on President Barack Obama, too.
- Facts and figures for the 11th Presidents Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 3:49 pm
INCHEON, South Korea - Facts and figures for the 11th Presidents Cup matches:
- Are Eagles avoiding word "Redskins?" Updated: Oct-01-15 5:15 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles are not using the word "Redskins" on the cover of their weekly media guide.
- Jessica Mendoza to call AL wild-card game in a first Updated: Oct-01-15 2:18 pm
- Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, British Olympian engaged Updated: Oct-01-15 6:54 am
LONDON - British Olympic diver Tom Daley and Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black have announced their engagement.
- Don Orsillo signs deal to broadcast Padres games Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Don Orsillo has landed with the San Diego Padres after being ousted as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice.
- UNC to honor late ESPN broadcaster, alumnus Scott on Oct. 23 Updated: Sep-30-15 4:39 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina will honor late ESPN broadcaster and alumnus Stuart Scott as it kicks off the basketball season.
- Fairfield to honor Wolff, Elmore, MacMullan Updated: Sep-29-15 9:10 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Bob Wolff, Len Elmore and Jackie MacMullan, who have been covering college sports for a combined 135 years, will be presented with the third annual "Stags Lifetime Achievement Award: Leader of the Herd" from Fairfield University.
- Extreme sports star dies in California skydiving accident Updated: Sep-29-15 3:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A skier and BASE jumper who regularly appeared on an MTV show about extreme sports was killed after crashing into a tree during a skydiving stunt at a Northern California golf course, authorities said.
- Lowry arrives 10 pounds lighter as Raptors open camp Updated: Sep-29-15 2:58 am
TORONTO - Even Kyle Lowry's teammates stopped and stared when he stepped onto the court at the Toronto Raptors' practice facility on Monday.
- Markieff Morris says he 'wants to be' with Suns Updated: Sep-28-15 7:08 pm
PHOENIX - Markieff Morris is still with the Phoenix Suns and said all the right things at the team's media day.
- Jets' Bowles gets surprise radio visit from Gladys Knight Updated: Sep-28-15 6:22 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - New York Jets coach Todd Bowles was doing his weekly radio spot when a special guest was introduced on another phone line.
- Russian media talk up Putin's speech Updated: Sep-28-15 2:11 pm
MOSCOW - In an hours-long marathon of commentary, Russia's two main TV stations on Monday talked up President Vladimir Putin's speech at the U.N. General Assembly as tough and uncompromising.
- Arkansas game at Alabama to be on TV night of Oct. 10 Updated: Sep-28-15 1:07 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas officials say the Razorbacks' football game at Alabama on Oct. 10 will be played at night and on television.
- Schilling set to return to ESPN for postseason coverage Updated: Sep-27-15 12:40 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Curt Schilling is headed back to television for ESPN.
- 2nd bicyclist killed by crash was once an Olympic alternate Updated: Sep-26-15 1:08 pm
BRECKSVILLE, Ohio - One of the bicyclists killed in a collision with a pickup truck in Ohio was once an alternate on the U.S. Olympic cycling team.
- Bengals fan flies from England to Cincinnati to see game Updated: Sep-26-15 9:48 am
CINCINNATI - Orange juice in one hand, a grande caramel macchiato in the other, Matthew Catterall looked every bit the Bengals fan the Monday morning following a victory on an Oktoberfest Zinzinnati Sunday: bleary eyed, a little hungover, but incredibly satisfied.
- Tebow returns to TV gig, awaits next NFL opportunity Updated: Sep-25-15 7:50 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Even though Tim Tebow has "come to terms" with being out of the NFL again, he's keeping an eye on what's happening around the league.
- Ainge looking for good competition in Celtics' training camp Updated: Sep-25-15 7:08 pm
WALTHAM, Massachusetts - With 16 players under guaranteed contracts and only 15 roster spots, Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge knows he has some decisions to make.
- Michael Sam back at Mizzou, still hopeful for NFL career Updated: Sep-25-15 12:52 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Michael Sam is back in Missouri, working on a master's degree and still hopeful for a career in the NFL.
- Popular returning TV shows match Google interest Updated: Sep-25-15 12:35 pm
NEW YORK - The anticipation among television viewers about new fall shows was foreshadowed by Google.