- Matt Barnes: NBA looking into incident with Knicks' coach Updated: Oct-08-15 8:56 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The NBA is investigating the incident between Grizzlies forward Matt Barnes and Knicks coach and former teammate Derek Fisher, a situation Barnes said is "personal matter" involving someone who was a good friend at one point.
- Blatter suspended as FIFA president; Platini also banned Updated: Oct-08-15 7:57 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter is out of a job at FIFA. Michel Platini might never even get there.
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain Updated: Oct-08-15 7:43 pm
LONDON - From sure bet to suspended, Michel Platini's career in soccer politics could be over.
- UofL foundation hires firm to review escort allegations Updated: Oct-08-15 7:30 pm
An independent Louisville affiliate has hired a law firm to review an escort's allegations that former men's basketball staffer Andre McGee hired dancers to strip and have sex with recruits and players.
- Sharks F Torres apologizes for hit that led to suspension Updated: Oct-08-15 4:35 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres says that "I am disappointed I have put myself in a position to be suspended again."
- Fan: Super Bowl ticket process violates consumer law Updated: Oct-08-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A New Jersey man asked a federal appeals court Thursday to revive his consumer protection lawsuit that aims to flag the NFL over the number of tickets sold to the public for the 2014 Super Bowl.
- The Latest: Hayatou says Platini can be credible candidate Updated: Oct-08-15 2:13 pm
ZURICH - The Latest from the FIFA investigation (all time local):
- Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini Updated: Oct-08-15 1:49 pm
Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini:
- Column: Sepp Blatter, hoisted by his own petard at FIFA Updated: Oct-08-15 1:34 pm
PARIS - The delicious irony of it: Sepp Blatter tossed out of football, at least temporarily, by a FIFA policing body that he himself helped create when the world was still his oyster.
- Bach calls for 'external' candidate to take over FIFA Updated: Oct-08-15 11:24 am
LONDON - Declaring that "enough is enough," IOC President Thomas Bach called Thursday for an "external presidential candidate" to take over FIFA and restore credibility to world soccer's scandal-scarred governing body.
- In Hayatou, FIFA gets another controversial strongman Updated: Oct-08-15 9:36 am
With Sepp Blatter suspended, the top job at FIFA falls automatically to Issa Hayatou, the son of a sultan from northern Cameroon who has ruled African soccer for 27 years.
- Tennessee AFL-CIO Labor Council elects new president Updated: Oct-08-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee AFL-CIO Labor Council has a new president.
- NFL has some little-known rules and regulations Updated: Oct-08-15 3:25 am
Thanks to Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright and back judge Greg Wilson, football fans now know all about the obscure NFL rule known as the "illegal bat."
- DraftKings open to regulation as it works to regain trust Updated: Oct-07-15 8:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - As daily fantasy sports operators FanDuel and DraftKings hustle to prove they can be trusted by thousands of users each week, cheating allegations have served as a backdrop for lingering questions about an industry that has been unregulated.
- Dinamo Zagreb player fails doping test after Arsenal match Updated: Oct-07-15 7:24 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb says midfielder Arijan Ademi failed a doping test after the Croatian side's Champions League win over Arsenal last month.
- Putin spends his birthday playing hockey with NHL stars Updated: Oct-07-15 3:09 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin spent his 63rd birthday on the ice Wednesday, playing hockey with NHL stars against Russian officials and tycoons.
- ACC's medical observers another set of eyes to spot injury Updated: Oct-07-15 2:41 pm
When the Atlantic Coast Conference announced a new policy requiring medical observers at every game this season, Syracuse's Brad Pike was hesitant, unsure how it would work.
- Ugandan soccer federation investigated for money laundering Updated: Oct-07-15 8:35 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Ugandan soccer federation is being investigated by the country's financial crimes authority for money laundering.
- FIFA presidential contender Chung calls Blatter 'hypocrite' Updated: Oct-07-15 7:48 am
LONDON - FIFA presidential contender Chung Mong-joon called Sepp Blatter a "hypocrite and a liar" on Wednesday and said he is planning to sue the outgoing president for at least $100 million.
- Hardy returns from 4-game suspension, says focus on football Updated: Oct-06-15 8:35 pm
IRVING, Texas - Greg Hardy chose to talk about football just about every time he was asked about the domestic violence case that led to the Dallas defensive end's four-game suspension.
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
ZURICH - After defying pleas from FIFA sponsors to quit immediately, President Sepp Blatter is continuing regular business at soccer's governing body, presiding over a dispute between football federations on Tuesday.
- Column: Daily fantasy contests in trouble without regulation Updated: Oct-06-15 5:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - The incessant commercials promising big money and fun times were by themselves enough to sour millions of Americans on the idea of betting on daily fantasy sports.
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension Updated: Oct-06-15 3:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential contender Chung Mong-joon said Tuesday he is facing a 19-year suspension by the ethics committee of the world football body for alleged ethics breaches surrounding South Korea's failed bid for the 2022 World Cup, and also for openly criticizing the committee.
- As daily fantasy eschews 'gambling' label, scrutiny grows Updated: Oct-05-15 9:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Stock market traders and chess players - that's who's playing DraftKings, according to CEO Jason Robins, who told a crowd of casino executives last week in Las Vegas that fewer than 15 percent of the players on his site make wagers in traditional sports books.
- Derek Wolfe returns to league's top-ranked defense Updated: Oct-05-15 6:08 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Denver Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe returned to work Monday after serving his four-game suspension and declared he was "like a caged animal right now," ready to rejoin the NFL's top-ranked defense.