- Syndergaard ejected after throwing behind Utley; Collins hot Updated: May-29-16 1:38 am
NEW YORK - Whether he wanted revenge or not, Noah Syndergaard never got it Saturday night. What he did get was ejected in the top of the third inning.
- 8 Russian athletes test positive in 2012 doping retests Updated: May-28-16 12:13 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's Olympic Committee said Saturday that eight of the country's athletes have registered positive in doping retests for the 2012 London Games.
- FIFA: 'Ludicrous' to claim Infantino plot to remove Scala Updated: May-28-16 8:50 am
MILAN - FIFA says it is "ludicrous" to claim President Gianni Infantino plotted to oust the official who oversaw the salary offer he refused to accept.
- Raptors' Biyombo faces Game 7 suspension after flagrant foul Updated: May-27-16 9:34 pm
TORONTO - Raptors center Bismack Biyombo faces a suspension for a potential Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals after picking up a flagrant foul in the first quarter of Game 6 on Friday night.
- Bautista's 1-game suspension upheld, will sit out Friday Updated: May-27-16 5:00 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has had his one-game suspension upheld by Major League Baseball and will serve his penalty Friday, missing Toronto's home game against the Boston Red Sox.
- Braves outfielder Hector Olivera suspended through Aug. 1 Updated: May-27-16 4:57 pm
ATLANTA - The Braves' dismal season took another turn for the worse Thursday when outfielder Hector Olivera agreed to accept a suspension through Aug. 1 for his arrest on domestic violence charges.
- Uncertainty leaves Baylor in danger of return to bad ol'days Updated: May-27-16 4:09 pm
Enveloped by uncertainty, Baylor football is facing the possibility of a lost season, NCAA sanctions and the program slipping back toward the losing ways that predated Art Briles' tenure as coach.
- Mississippi self-imposes scholarship cuts in football Updated: May-27-16 3:50 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi has self-imposed scholarship reductions in football because of NCAA violations and is still investigating more allegations involving first-round NFL draft pick Laremy Tunsil.
- Column: NBA commissioner gets it when it comes to betting Updated: May-27-16 2:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - Adam Silver gets it, and he's going to keep repeating it until people finally listen.
- IOC: 23 positives in retests of samples from London Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Nearly two dozen athletes tested positive in reanalysis of their doping samples from the 2012 London Olympics, adding to the more than 30 already caught in retesting from the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Croatia gets 2-match World Cup stadium ban for fascist chant Updated: May-27-16 11:38 am
ZURICH - Croatia has been ordered to play two World Cup qualifying matches in empty stadiums for repeated cases of fans chanting fascist slogans.
- Baylor looks to rebuild after report on sex assaults Updated: May-27-16 8:35 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Baylor University will look to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team operated under the perception it was above the rules.
- All the way like FBK: Schippers sets targets for Olympics Updated: May-27-16 4:04 am
HENGELO, Netherlands - It was fitting that Dafne Schippers streaked away from her rivals to set the fastest 200-meter time in the world this year at the wet, windy and chilly FBK Stadion.
- Steelers moving forward without suspended WR Martavis Bryant Updated: May-26-16 7:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Darrius Heyward-Bey heard about Martavis Bryant's one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the elder statesmen among the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receivers sent his talented but erratic teammate a note.
- MLB commissioner announces Hall of Fame tour stops Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred traveled to the "Field of Dreams" movie site in eastern Iowa on Thursday to announce this year's National Baseball Hall of Fame tour stops in six cities.
- Judge hears arguments on US women's team strike rights Updated: May-26-16 5:55 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge heard arguments Thursday on whether the world champion U.S. women's soccer team has the right to strike for improved conditions and wages before this year's Summer Olympics, with her pending decision potentially carrying far-reaching consequences for American soccer.
- Site, funding unresolved in Las Vegas NFL stadium plan Updated: May-26-16 4:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - A site for a proposed 65,000-seat retractable-roof stadium in Las Vegas is in question, as funding formulas are still being worked out for the project that could cost up to $1.6 billion.
- IOC expresses concern over investigation into Tokyo 2020 bid Updated: May-26-16 7:28 am
TOKYO - IOC vice president John Coates expressed concern Thursday over payments made to a Singapore firm which have entangled Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics in a bribery investigation.
- Bianchi's family taking legal action following his death Updated: May-26-16 6:42 am
MONACO - The family of Jules Bianchi is taking legal action against motorsport's governing body, the Marussia team and Formula One Management following the French driver's death from head injuries.
- Jets' Richardson: 'positive vibes' about possible suspension Updated: May-25-16 7:27 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Sheldon Richardson is preparing to play at the start of the season, even if the NFL might have other plans for him.
- Patriots join 'Deflategate' fight in court for the 1st time Updated: May-25-16 6:41 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots joined the latest "Deflategate" appeal to support Tom Brady on Wednesday, taking sides with their star quarterback in court for the first time in his fight against the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Bad week in Buffalo: from injuries to apologies Updated: May-25-16 6:33 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Coach Rex Ryan stepped to the podium and immediately proclaimed the Buffalo Bills are "a zillion miles ahead" of where they were last year.
- UCI president expresses concern over Rio venue preparations Updated: May-25-16 6:30 pm
The president of cycling's world governing body remains "very, very concerned" that the velodrome under construction for the Rio Olympics will not be completed in time for a proper test event.
- 11 states could regulate daily fantasy sports by year's end Updated: May-25-16 6:08 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - As many as 11 states may adopt regulations permitting and regulating daily fantasy sports by the end of the year, according to an analyst who closely tracks the issue.
- Kenya track federation HQ under police protection Updated: May-25-16 3:42 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Already mired in doping and corruption scandals, Kenya's track and field federation has called in police to help guard its headquarters, fearing disgruntled athletes might try to take over the premises in protest for a second time.