- Blatter's 17-year rule in soccer marked by growth, scandal Updated: Jun-02-15 10:45 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter governed the biggest sport on Earth for nearly two decades, for years untouched personally by allegations of corruption, but never sharing the game's popularity.
- Brazil great Zico considering running for FIFA president Updated: Jun-02-15 10:33 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian soccer great Zico is considering running for the FIFA presidency, soon to be vacant after the announcement by Sepp Blatter earlier Tuesday that he will step down later this year amid a corruption scandal.
- Key questions: Why did Blatter resign and what now for FIFA? Updated: Jun-02-15 7:40 pm
LONDON - Sepp Blatter and his mentor Joao Havelange have run global's soccer's governing body since 1974, handing out power to national federations and regional chiefs who awarded the men with loyalty.
- Sponsors say Blatter resignation one step in FIFA reform Updated: Jun-02-15 7:26 pm
NEW YORK - For FIFA's top sponsors, the resignation of Sepp Blatter is just the first step in restoring the reputation of soccer's governing body and regaining the fans' trust following a corruption scandal.
- Global reaction to Sepp Blatter's decision to resign Updated: Jun-02-15 6:17 pm
Reaction from around the globe to Sepp Blatter's sudden announcement Tuesday that he will step down as FIFA president amid a corruption scandal:
- NBA union to investigate league's concussion protocol Updated: Jun-02-15 5:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - When NBA union chief Michele Roberts watched Stephen Curry return to a game after his head slammed against the floor and he walked woozily to the locker room, she immediately took a closer look at the league's concussion protocols.
- Blatter says he will resign as FIFA president Updated: Jun-02-15 5:27 pm
ZURICH - The end for Sepp Blatter came suddenly, just days after he had seemingly solidified his hold on FIFA.
- Goodell makes it official: He will hear Brady's appeal Updated: Jun-02-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it official Tuesday: He will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.
- NCAA's top lawyer ready to keep fighting in O'Bannon case Updated: Jun-02-15 4:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Donald Remy has an answer for those who believe the NCAA is waging a losing battle against Ed O'Bannon.
- Potential candidates to replace Blatter as FIFA president Updated: Jun-02-15 3:59 pm
- Prince Ali: Blatter's FIFA resignation was the 'right move' Updated: Jun-02-15 2:20 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's Prince Ali bin al-Hussein says Sepp Blatter's resignation as FIFA's president was "the right move."
- FIFA says Valcke not behind $10M payment in corruption probe Updated: Jun-02-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - Amid a deepening corruption crisis within soccer's governing body that has led to Sepp Blatter's decision to resign, FIFA earlier defended its second-in-command on Tuesday by trying to distance him from claims he helped authorize $10 million in bribes for World Cup bidding votes.
- Text of statement by FIFA official Domenico Scala Updated: Jun-02-15 1:37 pm
ZURICH - Text of statement Tuesday by Domenico Scala, chairman of FIFA's audit and compliance committee, following Sepp Blatter's announcement that he will step down as FIFA president:
- Text of Sepp Blatter statement Updated: Jun-02-15 1:21 pm
ZURICH - Text of statement by Sepp Blatter on Tuesday announcing he will step down as FIFA president:
- Former Brazil soccer president Teixeira facing investigation Updated: Jun-02-15 9:27 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian federal police requested that prosecutors charge the former president of the country's soccer confederation with corruption crimes related to $147 million in "atypical" bank transfers as he led preparations for the 2014 World Cup.
- CONCACAF executive says organization is working with DOJ Updated: Jun-02-15 12:00 am
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - CONCACAF's acting general secretary said the organization is cooperating with the U.S. Justice Department while it investigates allegations of corruption in FIFA.
- South American official says 2016 Copa America in 'question' Updated: Jun-01-15 9:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - South American soccer's second most powerful official says the bribery scandal surrounding FIFA puts in "question" next year's Centennial Copa America tournament scheduled to be played in the United States,
- Former head of South American soccer under house arrest Updated: Jun-01-15 7:59 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A judge in Paraguay on Monday ordered house arrest for the former president of the South American Football Confederation amid a far-reaching corruption scandal at FIFA that has tarnished the image of world soccer's governing body.
- WNBA Board of Governors committee looks at Thomas ownership Updated: Jun-01-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Isiah Thomas' partial ownership petition for the New York Liberty is being vetted by a committee of owners from the WNBA's Board of Governors the league announced Monday.
- UNC's Roy Williams says he hasn't seen NCAA allegations Updated: Jun-01-15 2:27 pm
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Michigan - North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams says he hasn't seen what's in the notice of allegations from the NCAA in connection with the school's academic fraud scandal.
- IOC cites challenges for Almaty and Beijing Olympic bids Updated: Jun-01-15 1:21 pm
LONDON - The IOC on Monday cited serious challenges facing the two bids for the 2022 Winter Olympics, including pointed concerns over Beijing's air pollution and lack of natural snow and Almaty's budget risks and limited experience in hosting major events.
- Former SAfrican president issues denial in WCup bid scandal Updated: Jun-01-15 12:30 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Former South African President Thabo Mbeki denied his government paid bribes to secure the 2010 World Cup as the bid scandal began to encroach on the very top of the country's leadership on Monday.
- Garth Brooks concert canceled due to NHL finals in Tampa Updated: Jun-01-15 9:23 am
TAMPA, Florida - A couple of weeks ago, "Disney on Ice: Frozen" almost fell victim to the Tampa Bay Lightning's playoff run. Now, it's Garth Brooks.
- Indonesia coach Huistra calls for quick end FIFA ban Updated: Jun-01-15 1:59 am
Indonesia soccer coach Pieter Huistra has called for the government and the national association to start working together to end the international ban imposed by FIFA on Saturday which, unless overturned soon, rules the country out of qualification for the 2018 World Cup.
- LSU athletic director critical of NCAA postponing game Updated: Jun-01-15 1:41 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU Athletic Director Joe Alleva criticized the NCAA for postponing the Tigers' tournament game against UNC Wilmington on Sunday night, calling it a "ridiculous decision."