- An inside look at the other draft, as free agents find spots Updated: May-02-16 2:06 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Gary Shipman was at his desk at noon Saturday, thumbing through depth charts and occasionally looking across the room at the wall-mounted TV trumpeting the start of the NFL draft's final day.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado Updated: May-01-16 8:45 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - Jeff Linder is the new basketball coach at Northern Colorado. He spent the last six seasons at Boise State, where he was associate head coach for the Broncos since 2013-14.
- Officials break ground on Cedar Point youth sports complex Updated: Apr-30-16 11:21 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - Officials at Ohio's Cedar Point amusement park have broken ground on a $23.5 million youth-sports complex.
- Marlins' no-hit bid broken up with 1 out in 9th vs Brewers Updated: Apr-29-16 11:02 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jonathan Lucroy blooped a single with one out in the ninth inning to break up the combo no-hit bid by the Miami Marlins at Milwaukee.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Judge allows suit over 2014 Super Bowl tickets to be refiled Updated: Apr-29-16 1:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A lawsuit against the NFL over the number of tickets sold to the public for the 2014 Super Bowl is going forward.
- Rio Olympic flame visits UN office in Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 pm
GENEVA - The Olympic flame for the Rio de Janeiro Games came to the United Nations in Geneva on Friday, where officials said a team of refugee athletes will bring a message of hope for refugees around the world.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA appoints committee to take over Guinean federation Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA will appoint a normalization committee to take control of the Guinean soccer federation after what it called "internal wrangles" brought all competitions in the West African nation to a halt.
- Marlins' sweep overshadowed by Gordon's PED suspension Updated: Apr-29-16 2:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Dee Gordon celebrated with the Miami Marlins following a huge four-game sweep.
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Rio mayor wants Olympic cauldron near revitalized port area Updated: Apr-28-16 3:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Mayor Eduardo Paes says he wants the Olympic cauldron to burn in Rio de Janeiro's revitalized port area.
- Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon pleads guilty to DUI charge Updated: Apr-28-16 3:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Suspended Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge of driving under the influence in Oklahoma.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Goodell: NFL ready to move on from 'Deflategate' Updated: Apr-27-16 10:11 pm
CHICAGO - As far as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is concerned, the league is ready to move on from "Deflategate."
- NCAA board OKs anti-discrimination measure for event bidding Updated: Apr-27-16 10:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA Board of Governors adopted an anti-discrimination measure Wednesday that would affect the way the governing body evaluates bids to host sporting events.
- Romo's fantasy company fighting with NFL in court again Updated: Apr-27-16 9:00 pm
DALLAS - A fantasy football company partly owned by Dallas quarterback Tony Romo is fighting the NFL in court again, this time claiming the league is interfering with a second attempt to hold a fan-centric convention by asking sponsors not to participate.
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 pm
A day after Stan Van Gundy's first game as president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons last season, he was asked to give an assessment of the coach in the 89-79 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
- North Carolina now on clock to respond in NCAA academic case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:39 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina is preparing for the next step toward a long-awaited resolution in the multi-year case centered around its academic fraud scandal.
- Houston's Monteiro de Lima, San Jose's Imperiale suspended Updated: Apr-27-16 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - Houston midfielder Alex Monteiro de Lima and San Jose Earthquakes defender Andres Imperiale were each suspended for one game and fined undisclosed amounts by MLS on Wednesday for serious foul plays that endangered the safety of opponents.