- Wyoming horse racing terminals remain shut down Updated: Oct-08-15 3:54 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Pari-Mutuel Commission declined to lift its suspension of historic horse racing terminals throughout the state despite pleas from industry representatives that the shutdown has put their businesses in financial peril.
- Daily fantasy football draws attention, ire of NCAA Updated: Oct-08-15 2:04 pm
Watch any of the weekend's college football games and it's hard to go even 30 minutes without seeing a commercial for upstart sites DraftKings and FanDuel.
- Column: Daily fantasy contests in trouble without regulation Updated: Oct-06-15 5:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - The incessant commercials promising big money and fun times were by themselves enough to sour millions of Americans on the idea of betting on daily fantasy sports.
- Yomiuri Giants pitcher Fukuda suspended for bets on baseball Updated: Oct-06-15 4:43 am
TOKYO - A pitcher for the Yomiuri Giants, Japan's most popular baseball team, has been suspended for betting on games, including those involving his own team.
- As daily fantasy eschews 'gambling' label, scrutiny grows Updated: Oct-05-15 9:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Stock market traders and chess players - that's who's playing DraftKings, according to CEO Jason Robins, who told a crowd of casino executives last week in Las Vegas that fewer than 15 percent of the players on his site make wagers in traditional sports books.
- Lineup release raises questions about daily fantasy contests Updated: Oct-05-15 6:02 pm
An early release of lineup information in a DraftKings contest is raising questions about the transparency of the burgeoning daily fantasy industry.
- California governor OKs charitable gambling at pro games Updated: Oct-05-15 4:02 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's major league sports teams will soon be able to conduct charitable gambling under a bill signed by Gov. Jerry Brown.
- Casino group says do not confuse it with illegal gambling Updated: Sep-29-15 8:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - The industry group representing casinos, racetracks and sports books in 40 states where gambling is legal wants there to be no confusing it for illegal gambling linked to violent organized crime.
- Off-track betting drops by 25 percent in NY amid competition Updated: Sep-25-15 3:41 pm
ALBANY, New York - A sizeable drop in off-track-betting in New York state is threatening the solvency of the industry and its contributions to local governments, a state audit released Friday says.
- Pete Rose says he's 'just happy' to meet with commissioner Updated: Sep-21-15 10:14 pm
OXFORD, Ohio - Pete Rose said it's an American tradition to give second chances, although he wouldn't describe himself as optimistic about his application for reinstatement to Major League Baseball being approved.
- New Jersey congressmen pushing sports betting on 2nd front Updated: Sep-21-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - The recent surge in companies offering fantasy sports leagues with big payouts to participants could help New Jersey's stalled attempt to allow legal sports gambling, a congressman involved in the effort said Monday.
- Man sentenced for role in illegal online sports betting Updated: Sep-18-15 12:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A federal judge has sentenced a man to 19 months in prison for his role in an illegal online sports betting scheme.
- Recusals raise odds for review of New Jersey betting appeal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:53 pm
Two recent developments might have raised the odds that New Jersey will get another chance to argue in court in support of its law allowing legal sports betting in the state.
- Gambling or fun? Lawmakers may make call on fantasy sports Updated: Sep-15-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - As the NFL season kicks off, another big contest may be soon be played in the halls of the Florida Capitol.
- Gambling or not, daily fantasy sports faces scrutiny Updated: Sep-12-15 3:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Think wagering $20 to win $1 million by picking a winning combination of NFL players for a fantasy team this Sunday is gambling? The league says it isn't.
- Track officials 'devastated' by ban on horse racing machines Updated: Sep-11-15 5:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Turning off 200 machines Friday morning had already caused John Sheldon to lose 80 employees by the afternoon.
- Daily fantasy sports companies eye breakout NFL season Updated: Sep-11-15 10:00 am
BOSTON - The daily fantasy sports industry is eyeing a breakout season as NFL games begin.
- Rochester man, 70, sentenced for illegal gambling operation Updated: Sep-09-15 7:04 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A Rochester businessman convicted of running an illegal gambling operation that involved a professional hockey player has been sentenced.