- 11 states could regulate daily fantasy sports by year's end Updated: May-25-16 6:08 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - As many as 11 states may adopt regulations permitting and regulating daily fantasy sports by the end of the year, according to an analyst who closely tracks the issue.
- 46 arrested, $2M seized in multistate gambling operation Updated: May-25-16 5:23 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Authorities say they have seized $2 million in cash and arrested 46 people in New Jersey, New York and Florida on sports gambling and other charges.
- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Canterbury opens racing season with a twist Updated: May-20-16 7:05 am
SHAKOPEE, Minnesota - Minnesota's preeminent horse track is kicking off its new season with a bet of its own.
- Mickelson to lose $1M in SEC case involving Vegas gambler Updated: May-19-16 8:28 pm
NEW YORK - Phil Mickelson paid off a debt to a professional gambler with nearly $1 million that was unfairly reaped from an insider trading scheme, according to a federal investigation that led to two arrests but spared the golf great from criminal charges.
- Future of Illinois' daily fantasy sports bill unclear Updated: May-19-16 6:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A last-minute push to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois cleared the state Senate on Thursday, but the bill's future is in limbo because of some legislative maneuvering.
- Vegas sports book operator accused of underpaying bettors Updated: May-18-16 6:57 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators have accused one of the state's largest sports book operators of a series of egregious violations, including underpaying winners, accepting bets after a match and knowingly withholding information even after authorities warned them two years ago to stay out of trouble following a record $5.5 million settlement involving a separate illegal sports betting case.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: May-18-16 5:17 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Man City defender Demichelis fined, escapes FA ban for bets Updated: May-18-16 8:54 am
LONDON - Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis has escaped a ban after accepting a betting-related charge from the English Football Association.
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case Updated: May-13-16 8:20 am
MOSCOW - The Russian Basketball Federation says it has banned 24 players from 11 clubs as part of an investigation into gambling.
- Lottery officials push back against daily fantasy sports Updated: May-13-16 3:31 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Lottery officials have sent a letter to the House Finance Committee arguing that regulation of daily fantasy sports would violate the state's constitution.
- Congress putting daily fantasy sports games under scrutiny Updated: May-11-16 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress on Wednesday launched a fact-finding mission into the loosely regulated world of fantasy sports games - a multibillion-dollar business that seemingly advertised everywhere during the pro football season.
- Nebraska board OKs South Sioux City horse racing project Updated: May-06-16 8:29 am
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska - Nebraska regulators have approved plans for a horse track and simulcast wagering facility at the site of the former Atokad Downs in South Sioux City.
- American Pharoah's Triple Crown gives racing a boost Updated: May-06-16 3:51 am
VERSAILLES, Kentucky - There are signs American Pharoah's Triple Crown win last year has been good for racing. Some recently released findings show:
- Idahoans blocked from using paid fantasy sports sites Updated: May-02-16 6:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho is the most recent state to block fantasy sports fans from betting on sports contests through two multibillion dollar paid fantasy companies.
- DraftKings, FanDuel agree to cease operations in Alabama Updated: Apr-29-16 7:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites have each entered into a settlement to cease operations in the state in a few days.
- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Meadows Casino fined for marketing to gambling addicts Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 am
HOUSTON, Pennsylvania - The Meadows Racetrack and Casino in western Pennsylvania has been fined $40,000 for allowing two people who excluded themselves from gambling to make wagers anyway, and cited for mailing promotional materials to other problem gamblers.
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.
- Washington hires New Jersey consultants for gambling study Updated: Apr-25-16 9:22 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Washington state agency has hired New Jersey consultants to prepare an economic market study on gambling in the state.