- Nebraska board OKs South Sioux City horse racing project Updated: May-06-16 8:29 am
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska - Nebraska regulators have approved plans for a horse track and simulcast wagering facility at the site of the former Atokad Downs in South Sioux City.
- American Pharoah's Triple Crown gives racing a boost Updated: May-06-16 3:51 am
VERSAILLES, Kentucky - There are signs American Pharoah's Triple Crown win last year has been good for racing. Some recently released findings show:
- Advocacy group says Illinois fantasy sports bill needs work Updated: May-04-16 6:34 am
CHICAGO - A law enforcement advocacy group in Chicago says safeguards in proposed Illinois legislation on fantasy sports betting aren't good enough and could open the door to organized crime.
- Idahoans blocked from using paid fantasy sports sites Updated: May-02-16 6:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho is the most recent state to block fantasy sports fans from betting on sports contests through two multibillion dollar paid fantasy companies.
- DraftKings, FanDuel agree to cease operations in Alabama Updated: Apr-29-16 7:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites have each entered into a settlement to cease operations in the state in a few days.
- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Meadows Casino fined for marketing to gambling addicts Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 am
HOUSTON, Pennsylvania - The Meadows Racetrack and Casino in western Pennsylvania has been fined $40,000 for allowing two people who excluded themselves from gambling to make wagers anyway, and cited for mailing promotional materials to other problem gamblers.
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.
- Washington hires New Jersey consultants for gambling study Updated: Apr-25-16 9:22 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Washington state agency has hired New Jersey consultants to prepare an economic market study on gambling in the state.
- New Jersey's horse racing industry hopes for change in luck Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - As Monmouth Park prepares to open its gates next month for a new season, New Jersey's horse racing industry continues to deal with sagging track attendance and betting numbers as the battle for entertainment dollars goes on.
- Tennis Integrity Unit says 48 betting alerts in 1st quarter Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - World tennis' anti-corruption unit says it received alerts of unusual or suspicious betting on 48 matches between January and March, including one at the Australian Open.
- Pete Rose leads off induction ceremony for Bobblehead hall Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Leading off for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum: Pete Rose.
- House approves Fantasy Sports Tax Act Updated: Apr-19-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Legislature passed a bill that would make clear that fantasy sports betting is legal, but would also regulate it and put a tax on it.
- Looney says fantasy sports bill unlikely after AG's warning Updated: Apr-18-16 5:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation authorizing fantasy sports appeared unlikely Monday to pass this year after the Connecticut attorney general said it could jeopardize the state's slot machine revenue-sharing agreement with two federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Welsh soccer authorities probing game for suspicious betting Updated: Apr-13-16 10:26 am
CARDIFF, Wales - The Football Association of Wales says it is investigating suspicious betting patterns on a game in the country's top division.
- Officials advance permit request to reopen Kansas racetrack Updated: Apr-12-16 4:14 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Local officials are recommending approval with multiple conditions for a request to allow a Kansas City, Kansas, business to reopen as a racetrack, electronic gambling venue and entertainment facility.
- Indianapolis smoking ban upheld by Indiana Supreme Court Updated: Apr-12-16 2:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis' smoking ban has been upheld by the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Measures to regulate fantasy sports in Maryland fail Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to regulate Internet fantasy sports betting in Maryland have failed in the state's legislature.
- Japanese badminton player Momota suspended, denied Rio spot Updated: Apr-10-16 4:37 am
TOKYO - Japanese badminton player Kento Momota has been given an indefinite suspension for gambling, denying him a spot on the team for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Missouri lawmakers weigh daily fantasy sports rules, taxes Updated: Apr-09-16 4:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri House members this week took action to be among the first states to pass laws protecting daily fantasy sports, a business that has fallen under national scrutiny by state lawmakers and attorneys general.
- Missouri House passes bill on rules for daily fantasy sports Updated: Apr-07-16 5:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Fantasy sports could continue in Missouri without facing gambling regulations under a bill advancing in the state Legislature.
- Illinois delays daily fantasy sports legislation Updated: Apr-06-16 12:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois is being delayed as lawmakers continue working on crafting the proposal.