- AHL player Paetsch to be sentenced for role in gambling ring Updated: Sep-04-15 3:03 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A professional hockey player faces sentencing for being part of an illegal sports betting business that took wagers from other players.
- Lawmakers approve charity raffles for major league sports Updated: Sep-02-15 5:37 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's major league sports clubs could conduct charitable gambling at professional sports venues under legislation approved Wednesday.
- Racing commission's funding unclear amid lawmaker squabbles Updated: Aug-31-15 7:37 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Senate leaders have announced a deal to keep the Texas Racing Commission open for at least three months despite its authorization of a new form of betting.
- Federal ban on sports betting upheld by appeals panel Updated: Aug-25-15 3:07 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The federal ban on sports betting in all but four states was upheld Tuesday, dealing a blow to New Jersey's latest effort to expand gambling options to help its struggling casinos and racetracks.
- Officials look to move betting machines back to race track Updated: Aug-23-15 3:47 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An eastern Idaho horse racing track has folded on trying to keep its lucrative betting machines off-site after months of defending the legality of the machines' location.
- Some tips to take to the betting window this football season Updated: Aug-20-15 6:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - No one loves football season more than the bookies in this city's legal gambling houses.
- Amaya acquires fantasy sports betting acquisition Updated: Aug-13-15 5:37 pm
MONTREAL - Online gaming company Amaya is bolstering its entry into fantasy sports betting by acquiring U.S.-based Victiv for an undisclosed price.
- 2 sentenced for running international sports betting ring Updated: Aug-08-15 3:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Two brothers who ran an international sports betting ring have been sentenced in California to federal prison.