- 'King Claudio': Ranieri hailed as a hero at home in Italy Updated: May-03-16 4:41 am
ROME - The Italian Premier called it "insane." The country's national sports newspaper called him "King Claudio."
- Infantino urges UEFA leaders to share FIFA funds worldwide Updated: May-03-16 4:35 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - FIFA President Gianni Infantino has urged European soccer leaders to give money to poorer federations from increased funds they get from Zurich.
- Threats force Afghan boy, fan of Messi, to leave the country Updated: May-03-16 4:25 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The family of a 5-year-old Afghan boy who received autographed shirts from his soccer hero Lionel Messi was forced to leave Afghanistan amid constant telephone threats, the boy's father said Tuesday.
- Bangkok temple now a venerated site for Leicester City fans Updated: May-03-16 3:53 am
BANGKOK - Tucked in the Chinatown area of Bangkok is a Buddhist temple that has turned overnight into a venerated site for Leicester City's fans, at least the ones in Thailand.
- No outfoxing Leicester: owners aim to keep winners together Updated: May-03-16 3:04 am
BANGKOK - The Thai owners of Premier League champion Leicester City aim to keep the victorious squad together despite expectations that many players will be lured away by lucrative offers from richer clubs.
- Dreams can come true: Leicester wins English soccer title Updated: May-02-16 10:39 pm
LONDON - Leicester City players crowded around a television inside the house of teammate Jamie Vardy, locked arm in arm, watching the action 100 miles away. And when the final whistle blew at Stamford Bridge, they raised their arms in triumph. One of the greatest sporting achievements in English history was complete.
- Ultimate underdog: Leicester triumph will inspire for years Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - Whenever sporting fans say they dare to dream in future, Leicester City shows they really can. Sometimes it just takes a long, long time.
- Leicester toasts world snooker champion Selby Updated: May-02-16 5:59 pm
SHEFFIELD, England - The city of Leicester wasn't just toasting its soccer team on Monday: One of its natives won the snooker World Championship on the same night.
- Bremen defeats Stuttgart 6-2 to leave Bundesliga drop zone Updated: May-02-16 5:38 pm
BERLIN - Werder Bremen routed Stuttgart 6-2 to leave the Bundesliga relegation zone at the visitors' expense in the German league's first Monday night game for 16 years.
- Levante relegated from Spanish league after losing to Malaga Updated: May-02-16 5:27 pm
MADRID - Levante is the first team to be relegated from the Spanish top tier after a 3-1 loss at Malaga on Monday.
- How little Leicester pulled off the seemingly impossible Updated: May-02-16 5:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester has pulled off the seemingly impossible and won the English Premier League.
- Totti makes another contract statement in Roma win Updated: May-02-16 5:08 pm
ROME - Francesco Totti made another statement to Roma's ownership by scoring a late equalizer in a 3-2 win at Genoa on Monday that kept alive the Giallorossi's hopes of finishing second in Serie A.
- Ronaldo practices again, looks fit to face Man City Updated: May-02-16 2:33 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday were boosted as he returned to full training, having missed three consecutive games because of an injury to his right leg.
- Burnley promoted, securing instant return to Premier League Updated: May-02-16 2:01 pm
BURNLEY, England - Burnley is making an instant return to the Premier League after sealing promotion on Monday.
- Hulk scores 2 as Zenit beats CSKA 4-1 to win Russian Cup Updated: May-02-16 12:04 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Brazil striker Hulk scored two penalties as Zenit St. Petersburg beat CSKA Moscow 4-1 on Monday to win the Russian Cup for the first time since 2010.
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Bayern counting on home strength to recover against Atletico Updated: May-02-16 7:08 am
- Leicester's Jamie Vardy wins English player of year award Updated: May-02-16 6:19 am
LONDON - Leicester forward Jamie Vardy has won England's Footballer of the Year award on the day his team could clinch an unlikely Premier League title.
- Portland beat Toronto 2-1, LA and Kansas draw 1-1 Updated: May-01-16 11:45 pm
- Dos Santos stays hot as Galaxy plays Sporting KC to 1-1 draw Updated: May-01-16 11:04 pm
- Valeri scores winner in Timbers' 2-1 win over Toronto Updated: May-01-16 7:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Timbers teammate Lucas Melano touched the ball before Diego Valeri's free kick against Toronto, telling him he would score.
- Uniao takes big step to staying up in Portugal Updated: May-01-16 5:55 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Unaio de Madeira took a big step toward remaining in the Portuguese top flight by beating Academica 3-1 on Sunday.
- Over to you, Spurs: Leicester 2 points away from EPL title Updated: May-01-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One chance gone for Leicester in its attempt to clinch a first English league title.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Marseille ends winless run with 1-0 victory at Angers Updated: May-01-16 1:41 pm
ANGERS, France - Marseille snapped a run of 11 league matches without a victory by winning 1-0 at Angers on Sunday to ensure it stays in Ligue 1.