- Tourism boom fires Iberian economies but leaves some cold Updated: May-28-16 5:53 am
BARCELONA, Spain - With sunny days getting longer and lazier, sparkling beaches warming up and terrorism fears driving customers away from other Mediterranean destinations, Spain and Portugal are reaping an economic bonanza from tourism.
- Fruitless effort: Sports writer tries goalkeeping vs pros Updated: May-28-16 2:16 am
TUKWILA, Washington - Brad Evans is usually among the most easygoing members of the Seattle Sounders.
- Kamara scores late, lifts United to 1-0 win over Sporting KC Updated: May-28-16 12:57 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Alhaji Kamara scored late in D.C. United's rain-soaked 1-0 win over Sporting Kansas City on Friday night.
- Argentine star Messi leaves Honduras match with back injury Updated: May-27-16 11:36 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine soccer superstar Lionel Messi left the field with a back injury in the second half of a 1-0 victory over Honduras in a friendly Friday night.
- Teenage star Rashford scores in 3rd minute of England debut Updated: May-27-16 5:27 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Teenage star Marcus Rashford made a convincing case to be included in England's squad for the European Championship by scoring within three minutes of his international debut in a 2-1 friendly win over Australia on Friday.
- Northern Ireland beats Belarus 3-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 5:24 pm
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland had the ideal Belfast send-off before the European Championship by beating Belarus 3-0 on Friday to extend its undefeated run to 11 games.
- Ireland draws 1-1 with Netherlands in Euro 2016 warmup Updated: May-27-16 5:13 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland conceded an 85th-minute equalizer to draw 1-1 with the Netherlands on Friday in its latest warmup match before competing in the European Championship.
- Early strike by Kramaric as Croatia beats Moldova 1-0 Updated: May-27-16 4:56 pm
KOPRIVNICA, Croatia - Andrej Kramaric scored early to give Croatia a 1-0 win Friday against Moldova in a warmup match for the European Championship.
- Brazil's Dunga names Kaka to replace injured Douglas Costa Updated: May-27-16 4:36 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga has called up Orlando City midfielder Kaka to replace Bayern Munich's Douglas Costa, who is out of the Copa America Centenario with an injured left thigh.
- CONCACAF appoints Moggio general secretary Updated: May-27-16 3:46 pm
MIAMI - CONCACAF has appointed former NBA executive Philippe Moggio as its general secretary.
- Man United sensation Rashford scores on England debut Updated: May-27-16 3:11 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - He scored on his Manchester United debut, on his Premier League debut and in his first Manchester derby.
- Defense first as coaches' Serie A roots inspire 'catenaccio' Updated: May-27-16 2:34 pm
MILAN - If recent form is any indication, the San Siro stadium should be a fitting setting for a Champions League final between two defensive-minded teams.
- Atletico not thinking of 'cruel' past in rerun of 2014 final Updated: May-27-16 2:25 pm
- Czechs beat Malta 6-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 2:05 pm
KUFSTEIN, Austria - The Czech Republic opened its final stage of preparations for the European Championship with a 6-0 victory over Malta on Friday.
- Adam Nemec scores 2 for Slovakia in 3-1 win over Georgia Updated: May-27-16 1:39 pm
WELS, Austria - Adam Nemec struck twice to lead Slovakia to a 3-1 victory over Georgia on Friday in a warmup match for the European Championship.
- Pearson back in management at 2nd-tier club Derby Updated: May-27-16 12:19 pm
DERBY, England - Nigel Pearson has been hired as the manager of second-tier English club Derby for his first job since being fired by Leicester during the last offseason.
- Croatia gets 2-match World Cup stadium ban for fascist chant Updated: May-27-16 11:38 am
ZURICH - Croatia has been ordered to play two World Cup qualifying matches in empty stadiums for repeated cases of fans chanting fascist slogans.
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Evans to face new rape trial in October Updated: May-27-16 6:35 am
CARDIFF, Wales - A former Premier League player whose rape conviction was overturned will face a new trial in October.
- Mourinho-Guardiola rivalry set to rekindle in England Updated: May-27-16 5:07 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola is about to be renewed.
- Jose Mourinho facing lengthy to-do list at Man United Updated: May-27-16 5:06 am
MANCHESTER, England - Jose Mourinho has a lengthy to-do list after taking over at Manchester United.
- Champions League final in Milan highlights Serie A's crisis Updated: May-26-16 10:02 pm
MILAN - AC Milan failed to qualify for Europe for a third straight season and club president Silvio Berlusconi is in negotiations to sell a majority stake in the club to a group of Chinese investors.
- Judge hears arguments on US women's team strike rights Updated: May-26-16 5:55 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge heard arguments Thursday on whether the world champion U.S. women's soccer team has the right to strike for improved conditions and wages before this year's Summer Olympics, with her pending decision potentially carrying far-reaching consequences for American soccer.
- Sturridge injured again, Rashford set for England debut Updated: May-26-16 2:24 pm
GATESHEAD, England - England striker Daniel Sturridge has picked up another injury, potentially affecting his chances of being selected for the European Championship.
- Zidane feels 'lucky' to be back in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 2:15 pm
MADRID - Zinedine Zidane couldn't have asked for much more after only five months as Real Madrid's head coach. The former France great has a chance to end the season celebrating the Champions League title, just like he did 14 years ago as a player for the Spanish powerhouse.