- Townie dances with the flakes Updated: Nov-24-15 10:25 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - From childhood training on plastic snow in Indiana to flipping into the air as a collegiate ballet skier to demonstrating Pieps avalanche beacons abroad, skiing has been an important part of Carl Pelletier's life for almost four decades.
- Daniel-Andre Tande of Norway wins ski jumping World Cup Updated: Nov-22-15 1:41 pm
KLINGENTHAL, Germany - Daniel-Andre Tande of Norway won the first individual ski jumping event of the new World Cup season on Sunday.
- Germany wins season's first ski jumping World Cup Updated: Nov-21-15 1:39 pm
KLINGENTHAL, Germany - Germany's ski jumping team edged Slovenia to win the season's first World Cup on home snow on Saturday.
- Plans call for Michigan ski ramp to reopen to competitions Updated: Nov-20-15 5:18 pm
IRONWOOD, Michigan - Renovation plans call for a massive ski ramp in Michigan's Upper Peninsula to reopen to ski flying competitions that ceased there roughly 20 years ago.
- Julia Mancuso healing after hip surgery Updated: Nov-19-15 8:26 pm
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colorado - American skier Julia Mancuso went in for a simple hip surgery - if there is such a thing - and 5 1/2 hours later had one that was completely overhauled.
- US Ski Team to honor 2 prospects killed in January avalanche Updated: Nov-19-15 3:15 pm
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colorado - The U.S. Ski Team will honor two prospects killed in an avalanche last January by naming them to the squad this season.
- Austrian cross-country skier suspended in doping probe Updated: Nov-19-15 10:15 am
VIENNA - Austrian cross-country skier Harald Wurm was provisionally suspended amid a doping investigation on Thursday, a week before the World Cup season starts.
- Athletes want probe to go beyond Russian track team Updated: Nov-19-15 7:59 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Cleaning up the corrupt anti-doping system in Russia matters because of these stories:
- Vonn needs thumb stitches because of her fighting dogs Updated: Nov-07-15 5:43 pm
Lindsey Vonn was bitten by the injury bug again. This time, really bitten.
- 2 World Cup ski races in Finland canceled by warm weather Updated: Nov-05-15 4:48 am
LEVI, Finland - Two World Cup ski races in Finland have been canceled because of a lack of snow.
- Vonn's ankle '100 percent' ready for World Cup race in Aspen Updated: Nov-03-15 12:28 pm
Lindsey Vonn's healing left ankle no longer aches or gives her any sort of discomfort whatsoever when she steps into her ski boot.
- Returning from injury, Svindal is 'relaxed' after GS defeat Updated: Oct-25-15 10:27 am
SOELDEN, Austria - Finishing 4.25 seconds behind the winner would usually drive Aksel Lund Svindal mad. On Sunday, it didn't.
- US skier Ligety wins season-opening World Cup giant slalom Updated: Oct-25-15 9:37 am
SOELDEN, Austria - American standout Ted Ligety earned his 25th career World Cup win Sunday, overcoming a tough course to take the season-opening giant slalom.