- Sailor rescued by Maine students plans to sail around world Updated: Feb-05-16 4:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A novelist who lost his 30-foot sailboat on an Atlantic crossing is ready to set sail again.
- Quantam Racing crew wins IRC 1 class in Key West Updated: Jan-22-16 2:47 pm
KEY WEST, Florida - Amway President Doug DeVos and his Quantam Racing crew have won the IRC 1 class at the Key West Race Week sailing regatta off the Florida Keys.
- Farr Yacht Design releases 3D renderings of Super 12 yachts Updated: Jan-19-16 8:01 pm
SAN DIEGO - Farr Yacht Design has released the first 3D renderings of the new Super 12 yachts that will be sailed in the San Francisco Yacht Racing Challenge beginning in July 2017 on San Francisco Bay.
- Sailing officials decline to punish Malaysian federation Updated: Jan-14-16 9:26 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - World Sailing has declined to punish the Malaysian Sailing Federation after two Israeli athletes withdrew from last month's Youth World Championship due to conditions imposed by government authorities.
- World Sailing hires ex British official Andy Hunt as new CEO Updated: Jan-11-16 7:48 am
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sailing's world governing body has hired a new CEO as it wrestles with the problem of staging this year's Olympic competition in sewage-infested waters in Rio de Janeiro.
- Billionaire sailor Bob Oatley dead at 87 Updated: Jan-10-16 6:09 pm
SYDNEY - Bob Oatley, an America's Cup Challenger of Record aspirant in 2014 and owner of eight-time Sydney to Hobart-winning yacht Wild Oats XI, has died. He was 87.