- Rob Andrew leaving England RFU at end of season Updated: Apr-29-16 12:40 pm
LONDON - Rob Andrew has resigned as the England director of professional rugby and will leave his post at the end of the season.
- African champs to go ahead despite South Africa hosting ban Updated: Apr-29-16 11:32 am
JOHANNESBURG - The African track and field championships will go ahead in South Africa in June because they were awarded before a government ban on hosting major events came into force, the national athletics federation said on Friday.
- From King Richard III to cheese: Leicester away from soccer Updated: Apr-28-16 11:12 am
LEICESTER, England - There's more to Leicester than its soccer team. Before Leicester staged its improbable bid to win the Premier League, the city in central England was better known for other reasons.
- Passing security test at Euro 2016 will help 2024 Paris bid Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
PARIS - Hosting a successful European Championship for soccer fans in June and July would provide further proof that France could stage a safe Olympic Games in Paris in 2024, French Olympic Committee president Denis Masseglia said Wednesday.
- South Africa: 4 top sports banned from hosting tournaments Updated: Apr-25-16 11:31 am
Four of South Africa's leading sports federations were on Monday banned by the sports minister from bidding for or hosting major international events for at least a year over their failures to create enough opportunities for black players.
- Sunwolves claim 1st win in Super Rugby, Chiefs still top Updated: Apr-24-16 4:34 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Super Rugby snapped out of its mid-season torpor Saturday with a thrilling match between the first-placed Chiefs and third-placed Hurricanes that showcased the quality of the New Zealand conference.
- Argentine gets 29-year ban for kicking rugby rival in head Updated: Apr-21-16 10:54 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine rugby player has been banned for 29 years for kicking an opponent in the head.
- Allister Coetzee named new Springboks coach Updated: Apr-12-16 7:58 am
Allister Coetzee was named South Africa's national rugby team coach Tuesday on a four-year contract to take the Springboks past the 2019 World Cup in Japan.
- Sunwolves lock Bond suspended 4 weeks for shoulder charge Updated: Apr-10-16 2:21 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Sunwolves lock Tim Bond has been suspended for four weeks in Super Rugby for a dangerous tackle in the loss at the Stormers.
- Fiji, NZ, US sweep Hong Kong 7s pool, England also unbeaten Updated: Apr-09-16 7:40 am
HONG KONG - Fiji, New Zealand and the United States swept their pools to roll into the Hong Kong Sevens rugby quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Britain could choose 15-a-side stars for Olympic rugby team Updated: Apr-08-16 8:40 am
LONDON - Britain's team for the men's Olympic rugby sevens tournament could include players from the 15-a-side teams of England, Wales and Scotland.
- Patriots S Nate Ebner called up to US Rugby Sevens squad Updated: Apr-07-16 3:53 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - New England Patriots safety Nate Ebner has been called up to the U.S. Rugby Sevens for a tournament in Hong Kong as he tries to make the team that will play in the Rio Olympics.
- Woman killed, several rugby players hurt in school bus crash Updated: Apr-07-16 11:45 am
SUDBURY, Massachusetts - A woman was killed and several members of a girls' high school rugby team were hurt in a head-on crash involving a car and a school bus in Sudbury.
- Hopoate's Mormon faith comes first: no Sunday NRL matches Updated: Apr-06-16 10:35 pm
Like many Mormon athletes before him, Australian rugby league star Will Hopoate felt he had to choose between playing matches on a Sunday, or make himself unavailable.
- Australian Takeover: English sport being revived by Aussies Updated: Mar-31-16 9:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - It seems there's a simple answer to the woes of England's national sports teams: Hire an Australian as its coach.