- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta Updated: May-02-16 1:00 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers have agreed to a deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta.
- ABA team owner and envied dealmaker Ozzie Silna dies Updated: Apr-28-16 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ozzie Silna, who turned a fading American Basketball Association franchise into a four-decade windfall of nearly $800 million from the NBA in what's commonly called the greatest deal in sports history, has died at age 83.
- Nintendo plans sale of Mariners' majority stake Updated: Apr-27-16 9:04 pm
SEATTLE - Nintendo of America plans to sell its controlling stake in the Seattle Mariners to a group of minority owners led by John Stanton, who would become the team's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 pm
A day after Stan Van Gundy's first game as president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons last season, he was asked to give an assessment of the coach in the 89-79 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Updated: Apr-26-16 9:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Tom Thibodeau came to Minnesota for the impressive young core of talent assembled.
- Don Drysdale's 1963 World Series ring sells for $110K Updated: Apr-24-16 3:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Don Drysdale's 1963 World Series championship ring with the Los Angeles Dodgers sold for $110,111 in an auction of the late Hall of Fame pitcher's memorabilia.
- Best foot forward: Could kicker Aguayo go in second round? Updated: Apr-18-16 8:01 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Roberto Aguayo has tried not to buy into the speculation that he might be the first kicker in 11 years to be selected in the first three rounds of the NFL draft.
- Mara looking for big draft after productive free agency Updated: Apr-13-16 4:40 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - New York Giants co-owner John Mara isn't taking the pressure off Jerry Reese after a big free agency signing period.
- Ed Snider, founder of Philadelphia Flyers, dies at 83 Updated: Apr-11-16 3:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider was weakened by cancer, the disease that kept him from his beloved Philadelphia Flyers.
- Oops: Lawmakers strip sales tax breaks from Saints, Pelicans Updated: Apr-09-16 5:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana lawmakers accidentally stripped sales tax exemptions from the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans in the closing hours of the recent special legislative session.
- Ron VanDeVeen new president and CEO at MetLife Stadium Updated: Apr-05-16 12:44 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The owners of the New York Jets and Giants announced Tuesday that Ron VanDeVeen has been appointed president and chief executive officer of MetLife Stadium.