- Historic horse race terminals temporarily turn off Sunday Updated: Oct-03-15 1:25 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Pari-Mutuel Commission has ordered a temporary halt to the use of historic horse racing terminals throughout the state because of a state attorney general's opinion that the machines don't conform with state law.
- Idaho instant racing parlor closes after court ruling Updated: Oct-02-15 2:48 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An instant horse racing parlor in eastern Idaho says it has been forced to shutter its doors and lay off 70 employees.
- Rain forces Meadowlands to cancel 2 thoroughbred cards Updated: Oct-02-15 11:03 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled its thoroughbred racing cards for Friday and Saturday because of rain.
- Treve chasing hat-trick at Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Updated: Oct-02-15 6:22 am
PARIS - Already a superstar in horse racing circles, Treve is gaining new fans outside the racing world as she bids for an unprecedented third straight victory in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.
- Breeders' Cup highlights historic fall meet at Keeneland Updated: Oct-01-15 7:28 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - An historic month for Keeneland that includes its first Breeders' Cup and the likely farewell of Triple Crown winner American Pharoah begins Friday with the opening of its 17-day fall meet.
- Julie D wins Belmont feature in the slop Updated: Sep-30-15 5:53 pm
NEW YORK - Julie D held off Make the Moment by a neck in the slop Wednesday to take the $85,000 allowance feature for filly and mare sprinters at Belmont Park.
- State: Tribe missed deadline to collect legal fees Updated: Sep-30-15 4:14 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Attorney General's office says the Coeur d'Alene Tribe missed its deadline to collect legal fees in its fight over instant horse racing terminals.
- Presque Isle Downs extends season to Oct. 6 due to deer Updated: Sep-30-15 9:14 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A northwestern Pennsylvania racetrack is extending its racing season by three days to make up for cancelations in June when deer kept jumping onto the track during thoroughbred races.
- Jockey killed at race after fall in Czech Republic Updated: Sep-29-15 4:24 pm
PRAGUE - A jockey has died after falling in a warm-up race in the Czech Republic for one of the toughest European events, the Velka Pardubicka steeplechase.
- Alert Bay wins City of Hope Mile at Santa Anita Updated: Sep-27-15 9:33 pm
ARCADIA, California - Alert Bay won the $200,000 City of Hope Mile by a length Sunday at Santa Anita.
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah works at Santa Anita Updated: Sep-27-15 8:23 pm
ARCADIA, California - Triple Crown winner American Pharoah worked out at Santa Anita in preparation for the final start of his career in the Breeders' Cup next month.
- Shotgun Kowboy wins Oklahoma Derby Updated: Sep-27-15 6:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Shotgun Kowboy held off Desert Dynamo by a half-length Sunday in the Grade 3 $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park.
- Geothermal wins Lukas Classic at Churchill Downs Updated: Sep-26-15 8:33 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Geothermal overtook favorite Departing in the stretch in a 1 1/2-length victory Saturday in the $175,000 Lukas Classic at Churchill Downs.
- Weekend Express draws off to win Monmouth Park feature Updated: Sep-26-15 5:45 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Weekend Express took the lead nearing the top of the stretch and beat Ginger Goose by 2 3/4 lengths Saturday in the $40,000 allowance feature at Monmouth Park.
- Wiggle It Jiggleit wins Little Brown Jug Updated: Sep-24-15 8:14 pm
DELAWARE, Ohio - Wiggle It Jiggleit won the Little Brown Jug on Thursday, rallying to edge Lost for Words by a nose in the third leg of the 3-year-old colt and gelding pacing triple crown.
- Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas to get pacemaker Updated: Sep-21-15 10:06 pm
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas is scheduled to have a permanent pacemaker implanted after he became ill last weekend in Pennsylvania.
- Frosted heats up and wins Pennsylvania Derby Updated: Sep-19-15 8:14 pm
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - Frosted rallied from fifth place under jockey Joel Rosario and won the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby by two lengths over Iron Fist on Saturday.
- 2 jockeys thrown from horses at Delaware Park Race Track Updated: Sep-17-15 8:02 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Two jockeys at Delaware Park Race Track were in stable condition after they were thrown from their horses during a race.
- Mondialiste wins $1 million Woodbine Mile Updated: Sep-13-15 8:26 pm
TORONTO - Irish-bred Mondialiste rallied to beat Lea by a half-length Sunday in the Grade 1 $1 million Woodbine Mile to earn a spot in the Breeders' Cup Mile next month at Keeneland.
- Scuba Sue holds on in stretch to win at Monmouth Park Updated: Sep-13-15 5:39 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Scuba Sue took the lead in the stretch and held off Let's Parlay by a length Sunday in the $40,000 allowance feature at Monmouth Park.
- Michael Owen's horse Brown Panther dies at Irish St Leger Updated: Sep-13-15 1:31 pm
NEWBRIDGE, Ireland - Brown Panther, a horse part-owned by former England striker Michael Owen, died after a serious injury in the Irish St. Leger on Sunday.
- Track officials 'devastated' by ban on horse racing machines Updated: Sep-11-15 5:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Turning off 200 machines Friday morning had already caused John Sheldon to lose 80 employees by the afternoon.
- Idaho high court upholds law banning horse racing terminals Updated: Sep-10-15 7:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's highest court says the state must enforce legislation banning lucrative instant horse racing terminals after ruling that Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter's veto of the bill was invalid.
- Churchill Downs opens 11-day September meet on Friday Updated: Sep-10-15 6:32 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Churchill Downs opens Friday for an 11-day fall meet featuring eight stakes races totaling purses of more than $1 million.
- Colonial Downs proposes 3 options for track's future Updated: Sep-10-15 7:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Colonial Downs' future remains uncertain following unsuccessful talks between the racetrack and Virginia horsemen.