- Enchanting Lady wins feature by 4 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Updated: Feb-11-16 7:45 pm
ARCADIA, California - Enchanting Lady took charge with a quarter-mile to go and went on to a 4 1/4-length victory in the $60,000 feature for older fillies and mares Thursday at Santa Anita.
- Wife of jockey Kent Desormeaux wins 1st race at Santa Anita Updated: Feb-11-16 7:43 pm
ARCADIA, California - Rosie Higgins rode her first career winner in the second race Thursday at Santa Anita, with Hall of Fame jockey and husband Kent Desormeaux watching in civilian attire.
- Paulassilverlining romps by 9 1/4 lengths in Big A feature Updated: Feb-11-16 6:33 pm
NEW YORK - Paulassilverlining pounced on five-outclassed rivals for a 9 1/4-length victory Thursday in the $75,000 feature for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
- 2 foreign race callers among 4 finalists for Santa Anita job Updated: Feb-11-16 12:55 pm
ARCADIA, California - Race callers from Britain and Singapore are among the four finalists to become the permanent track announcer at Santa Anita.
- Retired rider Dominguez becomes eligible for Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-11-16 2:21 am
A classy move for a classy jockey.
- Inglewood's stadium rising soon, hoping to host Super Bowls Updated: Feb-06-16 2:55 am
INGLEWOOD, California - The 50-yard line is still dirt and weeds around a protruding yellow pipe used for water table measurement. There isn't much more than vacant space and idle construction equipment within a few minutes' walk in any direction.
- Mor Spirit to make 3-year-old debut for trainer Baffert Updated: Feb-05-16 3:57 pm
ARCADIA, California - Mor Spirit will be making his 3-year-old debut for Triple Crown-winning trainer Bob Baffert in the $150,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes at Santa Anita.
- If it's Derby prep season, count on Baffert to be all in Updated: Feb-05-16 2:47 am
Training horses in L.A. one morning, gabbing with NFL Hall of Famers in San Francisco the next, then back home again to prepare his latest Kentucky Derby contenders for a prep race at Santa Anita.
- All eyes on Baffert as Derby preps warm up at Santa Anita Updated: Feb-04-16 4:41 pm
Kentucky Derby prep season is warming up, and there's no hotter name in horse racing than Bob Baffert.
- TRIPLE CROWN: Baffert leads all trainers with 35 nominations Updated: Jan-28-16 12:00 pm
Bob Baffert is ahead of the pack again, leading all trainers with 35 horses nominated to the Triple Crown races.
- American Pharoah is named Kentucky Sportsman of the Year Updated: Jan-26-16 9:44 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup Classic champion American Pharoah is Kentucky Sportsman of the Year, the first horse to win in the award's 35-year history.
- Failed $50 million horse racing track being demolished Updated: Jan-26-16 11:50 am
HURON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A failed $50 million horse racing track in suburban Detroit is being demolished.
- Sunland Park racing suspended because of equine virus Updated: Jan-26-16 10:35 am
EL PASO, Texas - A horse racing track near the border of New Mexico and Texas has been shut down for at least two weeks to prevent the spread of a disease.
- Idaho horsemen say instant racing fight not over Updated: Jan-24-16 12:12 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Rows of slot-like gambling machines sit in empty betting parlors at Idaho's horse racing tracks. Employees once in charge of serving cocktails to bettors are gone, leaving hundreds of others who work in the industry fearful that they'll be laid off too.
- Plainridge Park owners defend revenue declines at casino Updated: Jan-22-16 11:56 am
PLAINVILLE, Massachusetts - The owners of Plainridge Park are defending the performance of Massachusetts' first casino.
- Horse breeders work on concept for new horse racing track Updated: Jan-20-16 8:08 am
ATLANTA - A group of Georgia horse breeders is working with a sports architecture firm to design a potential horse racing track in the state.
- Talk about long shots! Old-timers team up for win at Yonkers Updated: Jan-19-16 6:27 pm
YONKERS, New York - Here's an old-time winning combination that might be tough to top: A 90-year-old trainer sends out his 14-year-old pacer for a big victory at Yonkers Raceway.
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah voted world's top horse Updated: Jan-19-16 2:36 pm
LONDON - The American Pharoah victory lap has reached London.
- Winning horse of Velka Pardubicka tests positive for doping Updated: Jan-19-16 9:55 am
PRAGUE - The winning horse of last year's 125th edition of the Velka Pardubicka steeplechase has tested positive for caffeine and theobromine and will be likely stripped of the victory.
- Champion sprinter Gulch, sire of Thunder Gulch, dies at 32 Updated: Jan-18-16 12:11 pm
GEORGETOWN, Kentucky - Gulch, a sprint champion in the late 1980s and sire of 1995 Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes winner Thunder Gulch, has died at 32.
- Aqueduct cancels Monday card due to high winds Updated: Jan-18-16 11:59 am
NEW YORK - Aqueduct has called off Monday's racing card because of a forecast calling for high winds. This is the first cancellation of the winter meet.
- Baffert turns attention toward 2016 and a new Derby run Updated: Jan-17-16 4:24 pm
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - When trainer Bob Baffert was preparing his acceptance speech for the Eclipse Awards, he asked his youngest son, Bode, for ideas about what to say.
- American Pharoah unanimous pick as horse of the year Updated: Jan-16-16 10:59 pm
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - American Pharoah left no doubt about who racing's best horse was in 2015.
- Favorite Mo Tom wins Lecomte Stakes Updated: Jan-16-16 9:23 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Mo Tom rallied from seventh in the final turn and beat stablemate Tom's Ready by 2 1/4 lengths in the $200,000, Grade 3 Lecomte Stakes at the Fair Grounds Race Course on Saturday.
- Mexikoma wins Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park Updated: Jan-16-16 6:16 pm
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Mexikoma held off Mr. Jordan by 1 1/2 lengths in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park on Saturday, part of a four-win day for jockey John Velazquez.