- Wilson's knee-on-knee hit on Sheary may get closer look Updated: Apr-29-16 2:11 am
- 49ers select Oregon defensive end DeForest Buckner at No. 7 Updated: Apr-29-16 1:08 am
SAN FRANCISCO - As DeForest Buckner waited for his name to be called, he hoped for this very scenario: An Oregon reunion in Northern California.
- Oshie has hat trick, Capitals beat Penguins 4-3 in overtime Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 am
WASHINGTON - T.J. Oshie raised his arms in celebration and looked at referee Dan O'Rourke. Oshie was pretty sure he scored in overtime to complete a hat trick and one of the biggest games of his career.
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-28-16 8:11 pm
NEW YORK - Boston's Patrice Bergeron, Anaheim's Ryan Kesler and Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar are the finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Wild GM: Torchetti a 'very serious candidate' to be coach Updated: Apr-28-16 5:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher is about to embark on another coaching search, the third of his tenure and a critical one for the immediate future of the team and Fletcher's own standing as the leader in the front office.
- Rested Sharks ready to face rolling Predators in 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 4:40 pm
- New home of Detroit Red Wings to be Little Caesars Arena Updated: Apr-28-16 4:26 pm
DETROIT - The name of the new home of the Detroit Red Wings is staying in the family.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- LGBT anti-discrimination employment bill advances in Senate Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Senators advanced a proposal to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, moments after an initial vote appeared to stall the measure in committee.
- Metro staying open an hour later for Capitals playoff game Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
- WHL Roundup: Herringer gives Kelowna a chance, but Seattle still takes series Updated: Apr-28-16 2:10 am
KENT, Washington - Michael Herringer could only keep Kelowna's season going for so long.
- Predators edge Ducks 2-1 in Game 7, advance to 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 am
- Tavares, Prince lead Islanders past Lightning 5-3 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:25 pm
- National Women's Hockey League sued by former executive Updated: Apr-27-16 10:44 pm
A former National Women's Hockey League executive filed a lawsuit Wednesday seeking to recoup more than $200,000 he said he invested to help launch the inaugural season last year.
- Downtown stadium proposed as part of Detroit MLS bid Updated: Apr-27-16 9:09 pm
DETROIT - Major League Soccer is eyeing the site of a suspended jail project as a possible home for a new soccer team in Detroit, part of a massive downtown development that would be built in the same area where the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings play.
- Bishop, Holtby, Quick are Vezina Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-27-16 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - Tampa Bay's Ben Bishop, Washington's Braden Holtby and Los Angeles' Jonathan Quick are the finalists for the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Elliott, Pietrangelo, rookies key to Blues breakthrough Updated: Apr-27-16 3:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - Looking for reasons why the St. Louis Blues were able to break through and win a playoff series for the first time since 2012, it's easy to start at goaltender.
- Mavericks' goaltending coach is hired as full-time assistant Updated: Apr-27-16 3:09 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Leigh Mendelson has been hired as an assistant coach for the Omaha hockey team.
- Glendale OKs $28 million deal for new arena operator Updated: Apr-27-16 3:05 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Glendale has approved a $28 million deal with a Los Angeles-based arena management firm AEG Facilities for the operation of the Gila River Arena.
- Man sentenced for killing other using brick, hockey stick Updated: Apr-27-16 12:31 am
BUFFALO, New York - A Buffalo man has been sentenced to prison for killing another man using a brick and a hockey stick.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Stars still waiting for Tyler Seguin to get back on the ice Updated: Apr-26-16 6:33 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Injured All-Star center Tyler Seguin is still not back on the ice for the Dallas Stars.