- Kopitar scores OT goal in LA Kings' 2-1 win over Canucks Updated: Dec-02-15 2:12 am
LOS ANGELES - Drew Doughty and Anze Kopitar finally ran out of patience with the Los Angeles Kings' struggles to get a puck past Vancouver's backup goalie.
- Penguins beat Sharks 5-1 for 1st win in San Jose since '97 Updated: Dec-02-15 2:02 am
SAN JOSE, California - All it took for the Pittsburgh Penguins to end an 18-year drought in San Jose was a couple of fortuitous bounces.
- Monahan, Flames beat Stars in shootout Updated: Dec-02-15 1:50 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Third-period rallies were common place for Calgary one year ago, so it was a return to form for the Flames on Tuesday night.
- WHL Roundup: Anderson's late goal leads Cougars over Winterhawks 3-2 Updated: Dec-02-15 1:05 am
PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. - Josh Anderson's goal at 11:38 of the third period held up as the winner as the Prince George Cougars held off the Portland Winterhawks 3-2 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League action.
- Pacioretty goal sends Canadiens to 2-1 win over Jackets Updated: Dec-02-15 12:33 am
MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien's team had just come off an exciting win, but like some of his counterparts in the NFL, many of the questions after the game surrounded whether team doctors had followed concussion protocol.
- Suter scores in 3rd as Wild beat Blackhawks 2-1 Updated: Dec-02-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Minnesota coach Mike Yeo has voiced his displeasure with his struggling team over the past week. It looks as if his words might have struck a chord with the Wild.
- MacKenzie powers Panthers past Blues 3-1 Updated: Dec-02-15 12:02 am
ST. LOUIS - Derek MacKenzie was disappointed in himself after he was stopped on a short-handed breakaway attempt Tuesday night.
- Simmonds helps Flyers beat Senators 4-2 Updated: Dec-01-15 11:55 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Wayne Simmonds and the Philadelphia Flyers had a much more enjoyable trip to Ottawa this time around.
- Filip Forsberg scores 2, Predators beat Coyotes, 5-2 Updated: Dec-01-15 11:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville's chances finally turned into goals.
- Red Wings beat Sabres 5-4 in SO on Brad Richards' goal Updated: Dec-01-15 11:39 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings followed their recent trend of giving up game-tying goals in the third period.
- Duchene scores as Avalanche beat Devils 2-1 Updated: Dec-01-15 10:40 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Matt Duchene had a November to remember. And December is off to a promising start.
- Predators C Mike Fisher leaves game with lower-body injury Updated: Dec-01-15 9:53 pm
- Kings' Matt Greene needs shoulder surgery, out indefinitely Updated: Dec-01-15 4:39 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Los Angeles Kings defenseman Matt Greene will have shoulder surgery on Thursday.
- US Senators fault federal settlement with for-profit college Updated: Dec-01-15 4:28 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Richard Blumenthal and Dick Durbin are faulting a recent settlement between the federal government and the for-profit college company Education Management Corporation over illegal recruiting tactics.
- The longest-tenured players from the 4 major US pro sports Updated: Dec-01-15 2:16 am
Kobe Bryant has announced that this season, his 20th with the Los Angeles Lakers, will be his last. Bryant is the first NBA player to spend that many years with one franchise, though it's not completely uncommon across the other pro sports in the United States.
- Gibson makes 25 saves, Ducks beat Canucks 4-0 Updated: Dec-01-15 1:54 am
ANAHEIM, California - After taking the weekend to think about the two-goal lead they squandered late against the Chicago Blackhawks, the struggling Anaheim Ducks were determined to focus on the things they did well against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
- Sparks makes 24 saves in debut, Maple Leafs beat Oilers 3-0 Updated: Nov-30-15 11:55 pm
TORONTO - A year ago, goaltender Garret Sparks was in the midst of a 13-game trip with the ECHL's Orlando Solar Bears. A night after allowing four goals to the Fort Wayne Komets, he was on the bench in Kalamazoo, Michigan, awaiting the next bus ride and his next start.
- Fourth line lifts Islanders in 5-3 win over Avalanche Updated: Nov-30-15 11:07 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' fourth line is widely considered one of the NHL's best.
- Zuccarello, Lindberg pace Rangers to 4-3 win over Hurricanes Updated: Nov-30-15 10:57 pm
- Big Ten says Minnesota's Seeler suspended for 1 game Updated: Nov-30-15 7:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Big Ten Conference says Minnesota hockey player Nick Seeler has been suspended for one game.
- Canadiens goalie Carey Price to miss at least 6 weeks Updated: Nov-30-15 6:20 pm
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens have already had to deal with a nine-game stretch without star goaltender Carey Price so far this season.
- HKO-WHL-Scoring-Ldrs Updated: Nov-30-15 4:07 pm
WHL Scoring Leaders
- HKO-WHL-Stdgs Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 pm
- Rangers center Derek Stepan out 4 to 6 weeks Updated: Nov-30-15 2:51 pm
NEW YORK - Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said center Derek Stepan will miss four to six weeks because of broken ribs.
- Campbell scores in OT, Panthers beat Red Wings 2-1 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:34 pm
DETROIT - The Florida Panthers made themselves right at home at Joe Louis Arena - again