- NBA union to investigate league's concussion protocol Updated: Jun-02-15 2:53 am
OAKLAND, California - When NBA union chief Michele Roberts watched Stephen Curry return to a game after his head slammed against the floor and he walked woozily to the locker room, she immediately took a closer look the league's concussion protocols.
- AP Source: Devils to hires John Hynes as head coach Updated: Jun-01-15 11:17 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey general manager Ray Shero has reached into his ties with the Pittsburgh Penguins to pick the Devils' next head coach, John Hynes, a person with knowledge of the hiring told The Associated Press on Monday night.
- Veteran leadership key to young Lightning's success Updated: Jun-01-15 8:04 pm
- Coyotes beef up front office staff with pair of hires Updated: Jun-01-15 7:24 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have hired John Chayka as assistant general manager of analytics and promoted Chris O'Hearn to assistant general manager of hockey operations.
- Quenneville plays it coy on Blackhawks lineup for Game 1 Updated: Jun-01-15 7:00 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks could go in a couple of different directions when it comes to their last two defensemen for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
- Rangers' best regular season fails to lead to Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-01-15 6:30 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Three days after squandering a chance to reach the Stanley Cup Final for the second straight season, the New York Rangers' disappointment and frustration was still there for all to see.
- Columbus signs 2 defensemen to entry-level contracts Updated: Jun-01-15 3:57 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed two young defensemen to entry-level contracts.
- Rangers' Zuccarello was sidelined by small skull fracture Updated: Jun-01-15 3:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello could not speak for four days after being hit in the head by a shot in the opening round of the playoffs and sustaining a small skull fracture and some bleeding.
- Garth Brooks concert canceled due to NHL finals in Tampa Updated: Jun-01-15 9:23 am
TAMPA, Florida - A couple of weeks ago, "Disney on Ice: Frozen" almost fell victim to the Tampa Bay Lightning's playoff run. Now, it's Garth Brooks.
- Minneapolis school officials want $20M athletic complex Updated: Jun-01-15 3:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis school officials want to construct a new multipurpose athletics facility amid concerns that sites are falling behind other area school districts.
- Oshawa wins Memorial Cup, beating Kelowna 2-1 Updated: Jun-01-15 12:23 am
QUEBEC CITY - Anthony Cirelli scored off a rebound at 1:28 of overtime to give the Oshawa Generals a 2-1 victory over the Kelowna Rockets on Sunday night in the Memorial Cup final.
- Young Lightning prove they belong on hockey's biggest stage Updated: May-31-15 7:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The NHL playoffs have been a roller coaster of excitement, punctuated by a pair of Game 7s over the weekend to decide the Stanley Cup finalists.
- Ducks get plucked in another Game 7, losing 5-3 to Chicago Updated: May-31-15 12:36 am
ANAHEIM, California - After their last two seasons ended with heartbreaking losses in winner-take-all games, the Anaheim Ducks thought they were ready to get past Game 7.
- Blackhawks roll into Cup Finals, beating Ducks 5-3 in Game 7 Updated: May-31-15 12:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks dealt with Game 7 pressure in the same way they've handled just about everything during their incredible seven-year playoff run.
- Royals-Cubs rained out, makeup set for last week of season Updated: May-30-15 7:36 pm
CHICAGO - The rainy, windy, and cold late May day didn't damper the Chicago Cubs' mood.
- McDavid honored as Canadian junior hockey player of year Updated: May-30-15 5:33 pm
QUEBEC CITY - Erie Otters star Connor McDavid was honored Saturday as the Canadian junior hockey player of the year and won two other awards.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay heads to Cup finals Updated: May-30-15 3:34 am
NEW YORK - One thing to count on when the Tampa Bay Lightning play for the Stanley Cup: They won't be intimidated by anything.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay beats Rangers, will play for Cup Updated: May-30-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - The only history the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in was what they would create.
- Rangers come up a game short of playoff for The Cup again Updated: May-30-15 12:17 am
NEW YORK - After losing the Stanley Cup final to the Los Angeles Kings last season, the New York Rangers came into the season with a simple motto: "Change the finish."
- Minnesota Swarm lacrosse team to move to Georgia Updated: May-29-15 8:59 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Swarm will be moving to Georgia.
- Red Wings won't announce coach until Griffins done Updated: May-29-15 7:45 pm
DETROIT - Don't expect any major announcements from the Detroit Red Wings about their next coach as long as their Grand Rapids affiliate is still playing.
- Coyotes reinstate radio analyst Nick Boynton Updated: May-29-15 6:31 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes reinstated radio analyst Nick Boynton on Friday, two months after the former NHL defenseman was suspended following his arrest at a Buffalo, New York, casino.
- NHL combine shifts from ballroom to arena with Buffalo move Updated: May-29-15 5:33 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel's presence alone at the NHL's pre-draft scouting combine next week is enough to spur league-wide buzz.
- New Jersey Devils sign F Sergey Kalinin to entry-level deal Updated: May-29-15 3:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Sergey Kalinin to an entry-level contract.
- Jackets re-sign defenseman Justin Falk to 1-year, 2-way pact Updated: May-29-15 11:36 am