- Karlsson snaps slump, Blue Jackets beat Flames 2-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:35 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Led by a pair of rookies, the surging Columbus Blue Jackets picked up another two points Friday night.
- Hurricanes score 4 goals in first, hold on to beat Jets 5-3 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Cam Ward was a bit nervous about getting back in net after missing six games with a concussion.
- Ducks beat Coyotes 5-2 for 6th straight win Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 am
- Palat, Stralman lead Lightning past Penguins 6-3 Updated: Feb-05-16 11:31 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The surging Tampa Bay Lightning are piling up goals and victories.
- Stars' Spezza out after going head-first into boards Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DALLAS - Dallas Stars forward Jason Spezza has been placed on injured reserve after he went head-first into the boards and left a game against Colorado.
- Column: There's a troubling new game in town: attack the ref Updated: Feb-05-16 4:54 pm
Usually, we come to criticize referees, umpires and those who officiate the games we play.
- Plaintiffs in NHL concussion case now count 105 ex-players Updated: Feb-05-16 2:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Long after the end of his NHL career, Steve Payne is living an empty-nest life with his wife and three dogs in western Wisconsin.
- Dodge City may join junior league hockey league of 29 teams Updated: Feb-05-16 9:47 am
DODGE CITY, Kansas - The commissioner of a junior hockey league that has 29 teams in the western United States and Canada says he wants to start a team in Dodge City.
- Wennberg lifts Blue Jackets over Canucks 2-1 in shootout Updated: Feb-05-16 3:21 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Columbus coach John Tortorella wasn't looking for any special fanfare in his first visit to Vancouver since the Canucks fired him after a single season.
- Perron, Getzlaf lead streaking Ducks past rival Kings, 4-2 Updated: Feb-05-16 1:50 am
LOS ANGELES - The Anaheim Ducks' midseason surge hit a new peak in the first period when Ryan Getzlaf scored an even-strength goal.
- Klingberg's goal early in OT lifts Stars to 4-3 win over Avs Updated: Feb-05-16 1:09 am
DENVER - Stars defenseman John Klingberg wanted to catch the goalie off guard as he led a 3-on-1 rush in overtime.
- Toews scores 2nd goal in OT, Blackhawks beat Coyotes 5-4 Updated: Feb-05-16 1:06 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Players from both teams raced through the wide-open overtime, leaving players gasping for air as they finished out shifts and tried getting to the bench.
- Jordan Eberle's 2 goals lead Oilers in 7-2 rout of Senators Updated: Feb-05-16 12:58 am
- Donskoi, Thornton score in 2nd to lead Sharks over Blues 3-1 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:27 am
ST. LOUIS - San Jose Sharks goalie Martin Jones set the tone early Thursday night.
- Simmonds scores twice to lead Flyers past Predators 6-3 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:12 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - No one appears to be able to stop Wayne Simmonds right now.
- Parenteau's shootout goal gives Leafs 3-2 win over Devils Updated: Feb-05-16 12:08 am
TORONTO - Moments after his 1,000th NHL game - and 546th win - Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock laid out his long-range blueprint.
- Ryan Spooner leads Bruins past Sabres 3-2 in shootout Updated: Feb-04-16 11:49 pm
- Panthers win 5th straight by beating Red Wings 6-3 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:35 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - The Florida Panthers are doing more than just winning. They're routing opponents, thanks to the best scoring roll the long-struggling franchise has ever enjoyed.
- Brassard scores winner in 3rd, Rangers rally past Wild 4-2 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - With his team down two goals after the first period, coach Alain Vigneault didn't make a big speech to rally the inconsistent New York Rangers.
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders Updated: Feb-04-16 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby began feeling like he was playing the first game after a summer off, and Alex Ovechkin needed a few shifts to get back into a rhythm. Once they got going, the Washington Capitals were back to normal.
- Leighton on verge of breaking Bower's AHL shutout record Updated: Feb-04-16 6:34 pm
Most hockey fans remember Michael Leighton as the goaltender who gave up Patrick Kane's Stanley Cup-winning goal in 2010. Now he's one shutout away from a much more favorable place in history.
- Winnipeg Jets forward Burmistrov fined $2,000 for diving Updated: Feb-04-16 4:36 pm
NEW YORK - Winnipeg Jets forward Alexander Burmistrov has been fined $2,000 for diving/embellishment.
- Jack Riley, US hockey coach at 1960 Olympics, dies at 95 Updated: Feb-04-16 4:22 pm
Jack Riley, the Army coach who in 1960 guided the U.S. to its first Olympic gold medal in hockey, has died. He was 95.
- Senators grill personnel office nominee over data hack Updated: Feb-04-16 2:48 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nominee to head the Office of Personnel Management on Thursday promised to strengthen the agency's cybersecurity and information technology systems after what's believed to be the largest data breach in U.S. history.
- Penguins center Evgeni Malkin to miss 2 games with injury Updated: Feb-04-16 1:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin is dealing with a lower-body injury and will miss a two-game road trip through Florida this weekend.