- Millard North holds off Wildcats for 21-14 win in 'A' final Updated: Nov-24-15 11:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Ethan Morrison passed for two touchdowns and ran for another, and No. 4 Millard North held off No. 1 Millard West on the last play for a 21-14 victory in the Class A championship game at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday night.
- Eden Prairie's Spielman picked as AP football player of year Updated: Nov-24-15 7:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Eden Prairie running back J.D. Spielman has been selected as the Minnesota Associated Press Player of the Year for high school football.
- David City Aquinas tops Oakland-Craig 36-7 in Class C2 final Updated: Nov-24-15 6:41 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Noah Pelan and Lane Napier combined to rush for 306 yards and three touchdowns, Spencer Maguire connected with Kenton Kobza for a 71-yard TD and No. 3 David City Aquinas defeated No. 6 Oakland-Craig 36-7 in the Class C2 championship game at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday.
- Columbus Scotus defeats Norfolk Catholic 32-27 in C1 final Updated: Nov-24-15 2:38 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Cole Harrington rushed for 105 yards and two touchdowns and Brady Przymus ran and passed for scores as No. 3 Columbus Scotus won its first state football title since 1993 with a 32-27 victory over top-ranked Norfolk Catholic in the Class C1 final at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday.
- Our Lady of Lakes' Senerius AP Division 7-8 Player of Year Updated: Nov-24-15 6:35 am
Growing up in a community like Clarkston, Clay Senerius always knew he wanted to play football. Every little kid strives to lace 'em up for the hometown Wolves.
- Dowling beats CR Kennedy 41-10 for 3rd straight 3A title Updated: Nov-23-15 11:41 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Jacob Zachary ran for two touchdowns, and West Des Moines Dowling beat Cedar Rapids Kennedy 41-10 on Monday night for its third straight Class 4A state championship.
- Elkhorn South is Class B champ with 32-21 win over Aurora Updated: Nov-23-15 10:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Braden Wright rushed for two touchdowns and passed for a third, and Moses Bryant ran and passed for TDs in top-ranked Elkhorn South's 32-21 victory over No. 3 Aurora in the Class B championship game at Memorial Stadium on Monday night.
- 2015 AP Northeast Inland All-District Team Updated: Nov-23-15 7:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Humphrey SF defeats Renegades 22-20 in Class D2 title game Updated: Nov-23-15 7:10 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Damien Bamgart threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter to lead No. 5 Humphrey St. Francis to a 22-20 come-from-behind victory over No. 2 Chambers/Wheeler Central in the Class D2 championship game at Memorial Stadium on Monday.
- Backhaus leads Spirit Lake past Mount Vernon for 2A title Updated: Nov-23-15 6:51 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Logan Backhaus accounted for six touchdowns Monday before leaving the game with an injury, and unbeaten Spirit Lake rolled to the Class 2A state championship with a 70-56 victory over Mount Vernon.
- Bruning-Davenport/Shickley beats Burwell 44-30 for D1 title Updated: Nov-23-15 3:26 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Kale Kleinschmidt rushed 29 times for 218 yards and three touchdowns, Riley Tegtmeier threw for 149 yards and two scores, and No. 2 Bruning-Davenport/Shickley defeated No. 8 Burwell 44-30 in the Class D1 championship game on Monday at Memorial Stadium.
- Regina beats Western Christian 35-28 for 6th straight title Updated: Nov-23-15 3:17 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Justin Hunter ran for 156 yards and two touchdowns and Iowa City Regina won its sixth consecutive state championship Monday, holding off Hull Western Christian 35-28 for the Class 1A title.
- Powers North Central's Whitens named AP 8-man Player of Year Updated: Nov-23-15 11:41 am
BAY CITY, Michigan - Kevin Bellefeuil watched Jason Whitens catch all kinds of passes last year - high balls, low balls, crossing routes, deep routes and more - as an all-state receiver.
- Manning Passing Academy to remain at Nicholls State Updated: Nov-23-15 10:17 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Nicholls State University and the Manning Passing Academy have signed a six-year contract extension to host the popular football skills camp on the Thibodaux campus through 2021. That's according to a news release from the school Monday.
- Eden Prairie's JD Spielman named Minnesota 2105 Mr. Football Updated: Nov-22-15 4:44 pm
ST. LOUIS PARK, Minnesota - Eden Prairie's J.D. Spielman has won the 2015 Minnesota Mr. Football award.
- Man convicted in stabbing, shooting death of volunteer coach Updated: Nov-22-15 12:45 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - Sentencing for a man convicted in the death of a northwest Alabama volunteer football coach is set for Jan. 28.
- Officiating runs in Nebraska family Updated: Nov-22-15 11:30 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - Kim Kwapnioski counts the hours she spent with her late grandfather and her father as time well spent.
- High school rifle raffle stirs concerns Updated: Nov-21-15 6:07 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - A man who held a community drawing for a rifle to benefit the Mancos High School football team last month is facing criticism from people who say he might be violating raffle and gun registration laws, and others who question whether it's appropriate to hold a gun giveaway given the incidents of violence in schools across the country.
- Low numbers force Richfield to cancel varsity hockey season Updated: Nov-21-15 5:24 pm
RICHFIELD, Minnesota - Richfield High School has canceled its boys' varsity hockey program for this season because of a low number of players.
- School lets players remain in playoff game after sex charges Updated: Nov-21-15 4:02 pm
SPRINGHILL, Louisiana - Two North Webster High School football players participated in the school's Friday playoff loss to Amite hours after being arrested on misdemeanor charges of having sex with a juvenile.
- Lawsuit says police gathering led to officer misconduct Updated: Nov-21-15 2:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The blows kept landing, one after another. Pain clouded DuPree Lytle's mind as he began blacking out, his thoughts drifting to his family, his church - his future.
- Miami high school game ends after gunshots heard in distance Updated: Nov-21-15 11:14 am
MIAMI - A high school football game in Miami ended early after gunshots were heard in the distance, sending players and coaches ducking for cover.
- Kimberly beats Hartland Arrowhead 49-42 for Division 1 title Updated: Nov-20-15 9:37 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A second-half snowfall blanketed Camp Randall Stadium during the WIAA Division 1 state football championship game on Friday, a fitting accompaniment to the offensive avalanche that took place on the field.
- Homestead clips Waukesha West for 2A title, 28-12 Updated: Nov-20-15 5:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - If it results in a state championship, it doesn't matter how a team puts points on the board.
- AP 2015 Northwest All-District team Updated: Nov-20-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northwest All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district: