- Where have the multi-sport high school athletes gone? Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Harrison Heffley played nearly every sport that caught his interest during junior high and high school, from his dominant trade of baseball to basketball, football and even golf.
- The Latest: 5 Ohio State players selected in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Latest on the first day of the NFL draft (all times local):
- Lawsuit: 2 Missouri school officials slammed girl to ground Updated: Apr-28-16 7:56 pm
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - A lawsuit says two white school officials in southeast Missouri slammed a black teenager to the ground three times, injuring her neck and back and requiring hospital treatment.
- Judge: Man suing Hastert can remain anonymous for now Updated: Apr-28-16 4:28 pm
CHICAGO - One day after a man publicly revealed himself as a sexual abuse victim of Dennis Hastert, a judge ruled Thursday that another victim does not have to reveal his name in a lawsuit that contends the former U.S. House Speaker hasn't paid all the money promised in exchange for his silence.
- State high school HOF naming football exhibit after Osborne Updated: Apr-28-16 12:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The football exhibit hall at the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame will be named in honor of former University of Nebraska coach Tom Osborne.
- Pence honors Indiana basketball team whose bus crashed Updated: Apr-28-16 2:58 am
GRIFFITH, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana high school basketball team whose bus overturned in March has been honored by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
- Hastert judge delivered verbal equivalent of public flogging Updated: Apr-28-16 2:35 am
CHICAGO - When he sentenced Dennis Hastert to more than a year in prison, the judge in the former House speaker's hush-money case delivered the verbal equivalent of a public flogging.
- The Latest: With sentencing Hastert loses teacher pension Updated: Apr-27-16 8:42 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the sentencing of former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert (all times local):
- Obama honors Navy football team with trophy Updated: Apr-27-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is congratulating the Naval Academy football team for winning the annual Commander in Chief's Trophy.
- Williston coach, teacher accused of child sex crime Updated: Apr-27-16 1:27 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A high school basketball coach and teacher in Williston is accused of having sexual contact with a girl last December.
- NFL DRAFT: Lynch could be highest QB drafted from Memphis Updated: Apr-26-16 2:16 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Desperate for a quarterback, Justin Fuente heard of Paxton Lynch thanks to a note an administrator left on the new Memphis coach's desk.
- Florida adds 6-11 center Gorjok Gak to recruiting class Updated: Apr-26-16 12:58 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has added center Gorjok Gak to its 2016 recruiting class.
- Norther Illinois schools add varsity letters for ice skaters Updated: Apr-25-16 10:54 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Eight northern Illinois schools have decided to offer varsity letters to figure skaters who go to their schools but perform on their own.
- Arson suspected in fire that destroyed baseball grandstands Updated: Apr-25-16 6:07 pm
WASECA, Minnesota - Authorities suspect arson in the fire that destroyed the grandstands at a treasured baseball field in Waseca (wah-SEE'-kah) earlier this month.
- Friends, family mourn Elmira native and PSU football star Updated: Apr-25-16 1:47 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Friends and family recently gathered to mourn a Portland State University football player who was supposed to begin his senior year this fall and had aspirations of playing in the NFL.
- Titans planning to host high school football recruiting fair Updated: Apr-25-16 3:50 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans and Tennessee Football Coaches Association will host a second annual high school football recruiting fair Tuesday in the West Club at Nissan Stadium.
- Idaho teen testifies in locker room sexual assault case Updated: Apr-23-16 5:14 pm
DIETRICH, Idaho - A teen who prosecutors say was sexually assaulted in an Idaho high school locker room described the ordeal during a court preliminary hearing on Friday.
- Wentz draft bash moved from gym to Bismarck football stadium Updated: Apr-23-16 1:10 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An NFL draft party scheduled in Bismarck for hometown hero Carson Wentz has already outgrown its original plan.
- Ex-assistant coach sentenced for having sex with girl, 15 Updated: Apr-23-16 12:58 pm
EASTON, Pennsylvania - A former eastern Pennsylvania teacher's aide and assistant football coach who pleaded guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old girl has been sentenced to 15 months to five years in prison.
- Superintendent won't say if resigning tied to hazing case Updated: Apr-22-16 12:36 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Nebraska - The superintendent of a southern Nebraska school district that considered firing a coach over a hazing incident is resigning.
- A tribute to New York City, Syracuse star Pearl Washington Updated: Apr-21-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - There wasn't much space left to stand in the park when we got there. We were lucky to be standing behind a group of kids we had by five, six inches each. Everyone was there for the same reason: to see Pearl. No last name needed. Pearl was coming to play in a summer league game, and that meant a big crowd and few seats - only hot cement.
- Pac-12 commissioner says league in favor of satellite camps Updated: Apr-21-16 12:04 am
Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott says the conference's representative on the NCAA's Division I Council did not vote the league's position when the council banned so-called satellite football camps this month.
- High school lacrosse championships coming to Illinois Updated: Apr-20-16 11:00 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - The board governing interscholastic sports in Illinois says the first high school state championships in lacrosse will be held in 2018.
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Updated: Apr-20-16 9:58 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Junior college star Braian Angola-Rodas has signed a national letter of intent to play basketball at Florida State.
- Police seek driver after wreck kills Georgia baseball coach Updated: Apr-20-16 8:11 am
COLUMBUS, Georgia - Police in Columbus, Georgia, are looking for a driver who ran away from a crash scene after a wreck that killed a high school baseball coach.