- Spieth, Scott go in opposite directions at Australian Open Updated: Nov-27-15 3:22 am
SYDNEY - Jordan Spieth and Adam Scott went in opposite directions at the Australian Open on Friday while Matt Jones used home-course advantage to shoot a 3-under 68 and take a three-stroke lead after two rounds.
- New Euro Tour season opens in South Africa, Basson leads Updated: Nov-26-15 12:25 pm
MALELANE, South Africa - Christiaan Basson held the clubhouse lead in the first round of the European Tour's season-opening Alfred Dunhill Championship after play was suspended Thursday because of lightning.
- Spieth finds going tough in 1st round of Australian Open Updated: Nov-26-15 1:51 am
SYDNEY - Last year, Jordan Spieth played what he called the best round of his life by shooting a record 8-under 63 to win the Australian Open by six strokes.
- Scott's 14-year title streak under threat as 2015 winds down Updated: Nov-25-15 1:33 am
SYDNEY - Adam Scott is without a tournament victory thus far in 2015, putting his 14-year record of winning at least one tournament a year in jeopardy going into this week's Australian Open.
- LPGA team event moves to Merit Club near Chicago Updated: Nov-24-15 5:29 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The LPGA Tour is moving the International Crown to the Merit Club outside Chicago next year.
- A mixed message in Ryder Cup qualifying Updated: Nov-24-15 3:14 pm
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - Davis Love III wore more than one hat at Sea Island, and sometimes he couldn't switch them fast enough.
- Count Jordan Spieth as a likely Rio Olympics starter in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:35 am
SYDNEY - Jordan Spieth and Adam Scott, the two headliners at this week's Australian Open, have distinctly different excitement levels over next year's Rio Olympics golf tournament.
- At 18, Lydia Ko's dominance may just be beginning Updated: Nov-23-15 12:51 pm
NAPLES, Florida - Lydia Ko had just been handed a $1 million bonus for the second consecutive year, and the first thing she thought about buying with those newfound additional riches was a new phone.
- Kisner steady rise finally leads to a trophy Updated: Nov-23-15 3:16 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - The question to Kevin Kisner sounded like a trap, even though it was grounded in truth.
- Jeff Gove wins Pebble Beach Invitational Updated: Nov-22-15 8:22 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - Web.com Tour player Jeff Gove won the Pebble Beach Invitational on Sunday, birdieing the final two holes for a 6-under 66 and a two-shot victory over Champions Tour players Kevin Sutherland and Duffy Waldorf.
- Kisner finally comes through in final event of PGA Tour year Updated: Nov-22-15 6:42 pm
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - Kevin Kisner, who did everything this year but win, suddenly felt as though he had everything to lose.
- Kerr wins title, Ko takes $1 million, Park going to Hall Updated: Nov-22-15 5:30 pm
NAPLES, Florida - Cristie Kerr was the player of the week. Lydia Ko was the player of the year and pocketed another $1 million bonus. Inbee Park will be among the players of all-time.
- McIlroy wins Race to Dubai with UAE title Updated: Nov-22-15 9:55 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Rory McIlroy survived a late scare and finished his frustrating season on a high, winning both the DP World Tour Championship and the Race to Dubai crown on Sunday.
- Senior the "senior" wins Australian Masters with closing 68 Updated: Nov-22-15 2:39 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Peter Senior claimed his third Australian Masters title on Sunday and set another age record in his home country as the 56-year-old shot a final-round 3-under 68 for a two-stroke victory.
- Casey won't rejoin European Tour, ineligible for Ryder Cup Updated: Nov-21-15 9:18 am
VIRGINIA WATER, England - English golfer Paul Casey has opted not to rejoin the European Tour for next season, meaning he will be ineligible for the 2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine in Minnesota.
- LPGA purses rise to $63 million for 33 events in 2016 Updated: Nov-20-15 5:02 pm
NAPLES, Florida - Purses on the LPGA Tour will rise by $4 million in 2016, and officials are aiming for a second event in China.
- A father's nerve and a son's high expectations at Sea Island Updated: Nov-20-15 2:28 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - There were times when Davis Love III and Davis Love IV made it seem like any other round of golf they have played at Sea Island.
- Dan Halldorson, Canadian who won on PGA Tour, dies at 63 Updated: Nov-19-15 5:59 pm
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Dan Halldorson, the Canadian who won the 1980 Pensacola Open for his lone PGA Tour title and played on two World Cup championship teams, has died. He was 63.
- Lee, Pettersen say Solheim dustup no longer an issue Updated: Nov-19-15 2:58 pm
NAPLES, Florida - Alison Lee just got into a sorority at UCLA, is majoring in communications and has a professor who doesn't appreciate her skipping quizzes to play pro golf.
- A win, a new restaurant and McDowell is all smiles Updated: Nov-19-15 2:34 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - Graeme McDowell wasn't even sure he would be eligible for The Players Championship going into his seventh season on the PGA Tour. His biggest concern was making sure he kept his card.
- Kia extends LPGA Tour event title sponsorship through 2018 Updated: Nov-18-15 6:33 pm
CARLSBAD, California - Kia Motors has extended its title sponsorship of the LPGA Tour event at Aviara Resort through 2018.
- Woods to be vice captain at Ryder Cup Updated: Nov-18-15 5:00 pm
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - Tiger Woods will be at the Ryder Cup next year. Still to be determined is whether he plays.
- Ryder Cup carrot dangled in front of Knox Updated: Nov-10-15 7:37 am
SHANGHAI - Russell Knox was the center of attention after winning the HSBC Champions, and not just with the sponsors.
- Champions Tour to stage 1st leg of playoffs in Los Angeles Updated: Nov-09-15 6:50 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The Champions Tour will stage the first leg of its playoffs at a new event in Los Angeles starting next year.
- Peter Malnati wins Sanderson Farms for 1st PGA Tour victory Updated: Nov-09-15 6:39 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Peter Malnati finished his final round with a one-stroke lead. He then went to the clubhouse, where he watched the rest of the tournament on TV, talked with his wife and even did a few pull-ups to stay loose.