- Auburn-Louisville Preview Capsule Updated: Sep-03-15 11:12 am
ATLANTA - No. 6 Auburn (0-0) vs. Louisville (0-0), 3:30 p.m. (CBS)
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate' Updated: Sep-03-15 11:08 am
NEW YORK - A federal judge let the air out of "Deflategate" Thursday, erasing New England quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for a controversy the NFL claimed threatened football's integrity.
- Louisiana Monroe-No. 9 Georgia Preview Capsule Updated: Sep-03-15 10:51 am
Louisiana Monroe (4-8 2014) at No. 9 Georgia (10-3), Noon (SEC Network)
- Ex-Indianapolis Colts linebacker testifies at his rape trial Updated: Sep-03-15 10:27 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indianapolis Colts linebacker Josh McNary has taken the stand to deny rape allegations, saying he did not force a woman he met in a bar to have sex with him.
- Ohio State-Virginia Tech matchup highlights ACC's Week 1 Updated: Sep-03-15 4:09 am
A look at things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference for the opening week of the season:
- Cocky's Reading Express hitting the road to York County Updated: Sep-03-15 4:05 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - The University of South Carolina football team is hitting the road this week, and so is Cocky's Reading Express.
- No. 15 Arizona State faces Texas A&M in intriguing matchup Updated: Sep-03-15 4:03 am
Things to watch during the Southeastern Conference's opening weekend:
- Framework set for development near football Hall of Fame Updated: Sep-03-15 3:17 am
CANTON, Ohio - The governing board of a northeast Ohio port authority has unanimously approved an agreement that sets the framework for the first phase of development near the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Report: Ohio State QB Jones taken to hospital for headache Updated: Sep-03-15 12:30 am
Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones was taken to the hospital because of a headache, his mother told The Toledo Blade.
- Redskins GM's wife apologizes for tweet about reporter Updated: Sep-02-15 11:31 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The wife of Washington Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan has apologized for "disparaging" and "unfounded" comments on her Twitter account about an ESPN reporter.
- Baylor handling of sex assault cases gets outside probe Updated: Sep-02-15 8:23 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor University has hired a Philadelphia law firm to independently investigate the university's handling of sexual assault complaints, including one against defensive end Sam Ukwuachu.
- After injuries, Tre Madden ready to run again for No. 8 USC Updated: Sep-02-15 8:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Whenever Tre Madden got discouraged while he sat out two of the past three seasons with injuries, his Southern California teammates stepped in with positive thoughts and uplifting wishes.
- UCLA DT Kenny Clark stands tall among Pac-12's best players Updated: Sep-02-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - UCLA defensive tackle Kenny Clark is an unlikely fixture on lists of the 10 best players in the Pac-12.
- Federal Sony data breach lawsuit settled, lawyer says Updated: Sep-02-15 8:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Sony Pictures Entertainment employees whose personal information was posted online last year after a massive data breach have reached a settlement in a proposed class action lawsuit, their attorneys said Wednesday.
- Man charged in connection with OJ Simpson Heisman theft Updated: Sep-02-15 7:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man arrested in connection with the theft of a copy of O.J. Simpson's Heisman Trophy more than 20 years ago from the University of Southern California pleaded not guilty Wednesday to receiving stolen property.
- Former Bears LB Briggs says he plans to retire Updated: Sep-02-15 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - Lance Briggs, a seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker who helped the Chicago Bears reach the Super Bowl, plans to retire.
- Autopsy: Football player shot by police had drugs in system Updated: Sep-02-15 7:15 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A black college football player killed by a white police officer likely used a synthetic psychedelic drug and marijuana prior to the deadly confrontation at a Texas car dealership, according to an autopsy report released Wednesday.
- Wing, Berry in tight battle for Steelers punter Updated: Sep-02-15 7:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - The punting competition that wasn't supposed to be much of a competition has become something else entirely for Brad Wing and Jordan Berry.
- Jacksonville State opens with huge test at Chattanooga Updated: Sep-02-15 6:59 pm
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks will be able to measure their FCS playoff capability right away this year when they take on the Chattanooga Mocs at 5 p.m. CDT Saturday at Chattanooga's Finley Stadium.
- Florida QB Treon Harris to start season opener Updated: Sep-02-15 6:47 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has its quarterback for the season opener, just not the season.
- SEC's title hopes may rest on an influx of new starting QBs Updated: Sep-02-15 6:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Southeastern Conference has gone two whole years without winning a national title.
- Sony, back in the crosshairs, defends 'Concussion' Updated: Sep-02-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly a year after the devastating hacking attack that leaked thousands of emails, Sony Pictures Entertainment again finds itself trying to justify its own inner dealings, this time over the upcoming Will Smith film about head trauma and the NFL, "Concussion."
- UND joins NDSU in paying stipends for scholarship players Updated: Sep-02-15 6:15 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota is joining its in-state Division I counterparts in providing stipends to all of its scholarship athletes.
- Deep-thinking Ellis ready to lead for No. 18 Arkansas Updated: Sep-02-15 6:14 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Brooks Ellis is no doubt uncomfortable with the description of outlier.
- Bentley poised to make debut as Old Dominion's quarterback Updated: Sep-02-15 6:05 pm
Shuler Bentley spent last season watching, and learning, from Taylor Heinicke at Old Dominion.