- Oregon RB Tyner takes medical retirement Updated: Feb-05-16 10:17 pm
Oregon running back Thomas Tyner has decided to take a medical retirement after sitting out all of last season because of a shoulder injury.
- Jury finds former Viking Voigt guilty of bank fraud Updated: Feb-05-16 10:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Former Minnesota Vikings tight end Stu Voigt has been found guilty of one count of bank fraud.
- Thomas' mom to watch from the stands, not the cell this time Updated: Feb-05-16 10:04 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Demaryius Thomas' mother will watch the Super Bowl from the stands at Levi's Stadium, decked out in an officially licensed orange No. 88 jersey.
- Johnny Manziel's father worried quarterback self-destructing Updated: Feb-05-16 9:59 pm
CLEVELAND - With Johnny Manziel's professional career in doubt and his personal life crumbling, his father fears for the troubled quarterback's safety.
- Man gets 75 years in pal's killing after $700 Super Bowl bet Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man convicted of killing his longtime friend over a $700 Super Bowl bet has been sentenced to 75 years in prison.
- The Latest: Dallas police reopen Manziel assault probe Updated: Feb-05-16 9:42 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Hung jury declared in trial of former Illinois prosecutor Updated: Feb-05-16 8:55 pm
QUINCY, Illinois - A judge on Friday ordered a new trial for a former Illinois prosecutor charged with murder in the Valentine's Day 2006 death of his first wife, after jurors said they couldn't reach a verdict.
- Both teams have spirited final practices before Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:51 pm
- Chillin' with a special recipe for the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A game 50 years in the making deserves a meal that can measure up, or at least try.
- Goodell encourages NFL teams to fairly pay cheerleaders Updated: Feb-05-16 8:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he is encouraging NFL teams to properly compensate cheerleaders.
- Former LB Bill Romanowski: Most NFL players likely have CTE Updated: Feb-05-16 7:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Bill Romanowski sustained 20 documented concussions, and certainly more he doesn't know about, during his 16-year NFL career as a linebacker. He was hardly surprised to learn this week that late Raiders quarterback and Hall of Fame finalist Ken Stabler had been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE.
- Panthers S Coleman, ex-teammate overcome tragedy, form bond Updated: Feb-05-16 7:29 pm
SAN JOSE, California - There was a time when Carolina Panthers safety Kurt Coleman wasn't sure if he should - or even could - play football again.
- Props rule the day for Super Bowl at Vegas sports books Updated: Feb-05-16 7:15 pm
Jay Kornegay still finds it painful to talk about the last time the Denver Broncos were in the Super Bowl and the first snap of the game went over Peyton Manning's head for a Seattle safety.
- Harold Varner III dons Panthers jersey, dabs way down 16th Updated: Feb-05-16 7:04 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Harold Varner III drew the ire of the rowdy fans on the 16th hole Friday in the Waste Management Phoenix Open when he put on a Carolina Panthers jersey and dabbed his way to the green.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Patriarch of these Denver Broncos? Former coach Dan Reeves Updated: Feb-05-16 6:39 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Dan Reeves has barely merited a mention in the lead-up to the Super Bowl, his imprint on these Denver Broncos an afterthought.
- Michigan State announces football game ticket price hike Updated: Feb-05-16 6:22 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State is raising ticket prices for football games after its second Big Ten title in three years.
- Manning's glove gives him better grip on Updated: Feb-05-16 6:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Peyton Manning has always done things few quarterbacks do, including wearing a glove on his passing hand.
- Bruno Mars finally confirms Super Bowl performance Updated: Feb-05-16 6:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Bruno Mars has finally officially confirmed he would perform at Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show with Coldplay and BeyoncÃ©.
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
IRVING, Texas - Big 12 presidents and chancellors came to one agreement Friday: While working through the possibility of a football championship game, expansion and a league-wide television network, they are going to defer comments to Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.
- Shula: Newton tough to bring down, Csonka even tougher Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Don Shula said Cam Newton is pretty hard to tackle.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California hired Pat Haden to guide its storied athletic department through the toughest time in its history.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.