- Officials: Prep football championship crowds close to 30,000 Updated: Dec-01-15 4:50 am
DEKALB, Illinois - Officials in DeKalb say they believe almost 30,000 people attended last weekend's state high school football championship games in spite of cold, wet weather.
- Ravens return blocked field goal on last play, stun Browns Updated: Dec-01-15 3:00 am
CLEVELAND - Brent Urban just wanted a chance to play. Will Hill wanted redemption.
- No bowl bonus for Nebraska coaches if picked with 5-7 record Updated: Dec-01-15 2:35 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will play in a bowl with a 5-7 record if invited to one, but coach Mike Riley and his assistants won't receive bowl bonuses.
- The longest-tenured players from the 4 major US pro sports Updated: Dec-01-15 2:16 am
Kobe Bryant has announced that this season, his 20th with the Los Angeles Lakers, will be his last. Bryant is the first NBA player to spend that many years with one franchise, though it's not completely uncommon across the other pro sports in the United States.
- Jayhawks head into offseason with hope for the future Updated: Dec-01-15 2:15 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - It would have been easy for David Beaty to make excuses this season.
- Losing season already guaranteed, Texas playing for pride Updated: Dec-01-15 2:14 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Longhorns are playing for pride. That's about all they have left.
- Browns stunned on final play, lose 33-27 to Ravens Updated: Dec-01-15 1:23 am
CLEVELAND - Josh McCown dropped to the ground in excruciating pain. A worse sting was still to come for the Browns.
- Ravens win as time expires on blocked field goal return Updated: Dec-01-15 1:00 am
CLEVELAND - This season of injury upon injury for the Ravens finally includes a break worth celebrating.
- No title on line, but bowl implications left for Big 12 Updated: Nov-30-15 11:29 pm
While the Big 12 title has already been claimed by No. 3 Oklahoma, there are still potential bowl implications in the two league games on the final Saturday of the regular season.
- Missouri governor, Rams owner meet day before NFL meeting Updated: Nov-30-15 10:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon met with Rams owner Stan Kroenke Monday, the day before an NFL owners meeting in Dallas where teams will discuss putting a franchise in Los Angeles.
- Rivers-to-Gates, plus some luck, helps Bolts end skid Updated: Nov-30-15 10:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Chargers finally found a way to win, and not surprisingly, the Philip Rivers-to-Antonio Gates connection was a big reason.
- 4-game losing streak has Rams in familiar spot Updated: Nov-30-15 9:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jeff Fisher isn't concerned about his job status.
- Rutgers AD Hobbs starts search for next football coach Updated: Nov-30-15 9:23 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers newly appointed athletic director Patrick Hobbs is determined to hire a football coach quickly.
- Vikings snap back after loss, get back atop NFC North Updated: Nov-30-15 8:38 pm
ATLANTA - The Minnesota Vikings made sure one loss didn't lead to another.
- Del Rio won't let Raiders look too far ahead Updated: Nov-30-15 8:34 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio has done a good job of keeping his players focused on the task at hand rather than looking too far ahead.
- Morehead State QB Gahafer earns league honor Updated: Nov-30-15 8:30 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Morehead State quarterback Austin Gahafer has been named the Pioneer Football League's Offensive Player of the Year in a vote by league coaches.
- No. 12 Baylor could have sweet reward without Big 12 title Updated: Nov-30-15 8:22 pm
Baylor's bid for a third consecutive Big 12 title is over. The No. 12 Bears are still in line for a pretty sweet reward if they get to 10 wins again.
- Big day by Wilson comes with loss of Graham for Seahawks Updated: Nov-30-15 8:21 pm
RENTON, Washington - In the aftermath of one of their wilder victories in recent seasons, there was no simple balance for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Hawaii introduces new head football coach Nick Rolovich Updated: Nov-30-15 8:14 pm
HONOLULU - New Hawaii head coach Nick Rolovich said Monday he plans to focus on the bonds his players develop with one another, not on any specific offense or defense, as he tries to bring the Rainbow Warriors back from a losing record.
- Big win has Jets feeling good: 'We know we're still in it' Updated: Nov-30-15 8:09 pm
NEW YORK - The season was crumbling quickly for the New York Jets.
- 5-7 bowl teams to be selected in order of academic rating Updated: Nov-30-15 8:04 pm
After a bad season on the field for Mike Riley's first Nebraska team, some good work in the classroom by the Huskers when Bo Pelini was coach will keep Big Red playing football this season.
- Rams say Bailey improving from gunshot wounds Updated: Nov-30-15 7:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey remains in intensive care in a Miami area hospital, improving from two gunshot wounds to the head last week.
- Report: Johnson has fractured tibia; Ellington also hurt Updated: Nov-30-15 7:48 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have not confirmed a report that running back Chris Johnson has a broken left leg.
- Smith confident Buccaneers can hang in NFC playoff race Updated: Nov-30-15 7:47 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers worked themselves into playoff contention following a slow start and feel they're more than capable of earning a berth for the first time in eight years.
- Michigan State-Iowa a blue collar matchup for Big Ten title Updated: Nov-30-15 7:43 pm
Over the past few seasons under coach Mark Dantonio, Michigan State has become one of the Big Ten's top programs, while embracing seemingly every opportunity to use perceived slights as motivation.