- Kenya anti-doping agency to investigate bribery claims Updated: Feb-13-16 4:56 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's new anti-doping agency said it had launched an investigation Saturday following a report by The Associated Press where two athletes who failed drug tests at last year's world championships alleged a senior official asked them for bribes in exchange for more lenient punishments.
- Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia 1st to draw lifetime drug ban Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia became the first player to receive a lifetime ban under Major League Baseball's drug agreement after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the third time.
- Rio de Janeiro Olympic doping lab could lose accreditation Updated: Feb-12-16 1:18 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The drug-testing laboratory for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics could lose its accreditation just a few months before the games.
- Kenya under investigation for breaching anti-doping code Updated: Feb-11-16 6:17 pm
Kenya is being investigated for breaching the world anti-doping code, WADA said Thursday, and could be declared non-compliant in a matter of weeks.
- Former rowing world champion Abbagnale faces doping ban Updated: Feb-11-16 7:28 am
ROME - Former rowing world champion Vincenzo Abbagnale is facing a doping suspension after missing three surprise tests.
- Nestle terminates IAAF sponsorship over doping scandal Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 pm
LONDON - Food and beverage giant Nestle told the IAAF on Wednesday that it terminated its sponsorship of athletics' governing body over fears the doping scandal could damage the company's image.
- Browns linebacker Armonty Bryant indicted on drug charges Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 pm
CLEVELAND - Browns linebacker Armonty Bryant has been indicted on two felony drug charges.
- 2 SUU student athletes cited after drug raid Updated: Feb-10-16 12:04 pm
CEDAR CITY, Utah - Two Southern Utah University basketball players have been cited for drugs after Cedar City Police raided a student housing apartment.
- Ukrainian biathlete Abramova suspended in doping case Updated: Feb-10-16 8:35 am
MOSCOW - Ukrainian biathlete Olga Abramova has been provisionally suspended after failing a drug test for a newly banned substance.
- British agency to run Russian drug-testing during suspension Updated: Feb-10-16 6:40 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency says a deal has been signed for British officials to take temporary charge of drug-testing in Russia.
- Rafael Palmeiro's son, Orioles agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-09-16 2:30 pm
BALTIMORE - A son of former Orioles star Rafael Palmeiro has agreed to a minor league contract with Baltimore.
- Katusha escapes team suspension despite second doping case Updated: Feb-09-16 11:00 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union says Katusha won't be suspended despite a second failed doping test in a 12-month period within the Russian team.
- Spain's Sports Council strips Dominguez of athlete status Updated: Feb-08-16 8:20 am
MADRID - Spain's Sports Council has stripped runner Marta Dominguez of her status as a Spanish athlete after the Court of Arbitration for Sport banned her for three years for blood doping and removed her 2009 world steeplechase title.
- Reds outfield prospect Duran suspended for positive test Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds outfield prospect Juan Duran has been suspended for the first 80 games of the season under Major League Baseball's drug program following a positive test for three performance-enhancing substances.
- NY lawmaker: NFL should require synthetic marijuana testing Updated: Feb-05-16 4:15 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York state lawmaker who has sponsored bills targeting synthetic marijuana is calling on the NFL to require players to take drug tests for the substance.
- Russian cyclist suspended after positive doping test Updated: Feb-05-16 12:44 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Russian cyclist Eduard Vorganov was provisionally suspended Friday following a positive doping test.
- Brazil, Shakhtar player Fred's doping ban extended worldwide Updated: Feb-05-16 9:03 am
ZURICH - FIFA has extended Brazil midfielder Fred's doping ban worldwide, ruling him out of four months of matches for Shakhtar Donetsk.
- IAAF looking into claims of state-sanctioned doping in China Updated: Feb-05-16 7:53 am
BEIJING - The IAAF is investigating the authenticity of a two-decade-old letter published in Chinese media that suggests state-sanctioned doping in the 1990s, and casts doubt on the longstanding world records set by Wang Junxia in the women's 3,000 and 10,000 meters.
- Manning's legal team looked into documentary Updated: Feb-04-16 9:18 pm
Private investigators working for Peyton Manning visited the source of a report that he and other star athletes had obtained performance-enhancing drugs before the documentary aired late last year, according to a report from The Washington Post on Thursday.
- 2 minor league pitchers draw 50-game drug suspensions Updated: Feb-04-16 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - Two minor league pitchers have been suspended 50 games each because of drug violations.
- IBU provisionally bans biathlete for suspected doping Updated: Feb-04-16 12:46 pm
SALZBURG, Austria - The International Biathlon Union has provisionally suspended an unidentified athlete for suspected doping following a test during a World Cup event last month.
- European cycling champion Brezhniva banned for doping Updated: Feb-04-16 10:48 am
MOSCOW - Two-time European track cycling champion Elena Brezhniva of Russia has been banned for four years for doping.
- Italian figure skater Kostner won't compete until September Updated: Feb-04-16 9:14 am
ROME - Her suspension ended for helping her ex-boyfriend evade doping controls, Olympic bronze medalist Carolina Kostner says she will return to figure skating competition in September.
- Miller's the loose leader of the Denver Broncos Updated: Feb-02-16 2:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - When the NFL turned its anvil into a carrot, giving Von Miller a way out of its drug program, Denver's star linebacker was free to be himself this season - and was he ever.
- 3 officials file appeals against life bans in IAAF case Updated: Feb-01-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Three athletics officials banned for life by the IAAF for bribery and extortion to cover up a Russian doping case have appealed to sport's highest court.