- Hawks F Mike Scott arrested on drug charges in NE Georgia Updated: Jul-30-15 10:46 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott has been arrested on drug charges.
- Jets' Richardson facing charges for resisting arrest Updated: Jul-30-15 10:02 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Sheldon Richardson has already been suspended four games by the NFL for drug use. The New York Jets defensive lineman is now facing trouble with the law.
- 2 Orioles minor league pitchers suspended for PEDs Updated: Jul-30-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore Orioles shortstop Jared Breen and right-hander Nick Cunningham have been suspended 80 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Gates not sure how banned substance got into his system Updated: Jul-30-15 5:32 pm
SAN DIEGO - Star tight end Antonio Gates says he's not sure how a banned substance got into his body, although he believes it could have been while he was cleansing his system in the offseason.
- Panthers WR Hill cited for drug paraphernalia Updated: Jul-29-15 6:26 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Panthers wide receiver Stephen Hill has been cited for knowingly possessing drug paraphernalia with intent to use.
- 3 Yankees minor league pitchers suspended for drug tests Updated: Jul-29-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - Three New York Yankees pitchers in the Dominican Summer League have been suspended 72 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.
- UCI suspends Italian team after 2 doping cases in June Updated: Jul-29-15 11:12 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union has suspended Italian team Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec from international races for 30 days after two riders tested positive for doping.
- Padres blanked again, Syndergaard dominates as Mets win 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:11 am
NEW YORK - Justin Upton and the San Diego Padres became the first major league team to face Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard more than once.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Michelle Wie limps into her next major Updated: Jul-28-15 7:20 pm
Michelle Wie has quite the entourage these days.
- Italian cycling team faces UCI ban for doping by 2nd rider Updated: Jul-27-15 12:36 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Italian cycling team Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec faces being suspended from all races after a second rider tested positive for doping within weeks.
- Olympic skicross racer banned in doping rule case Updated: Jul-27-15 11:00 am
BERN, Switzerland - Two-time Olympic skicross racer Sanna Luedi of Switzerland has been banned from competing for one year after breaking anti-doping rules.
- Chris Froome wins 2nd Tour de France Updated: Jul-26-15 4:06 pm
PARIS - All for one, one for all, and all bathed in yellow.
- 2-year doping ban upheld against British boxer Kid Galahad Updated: Jul-24-15 9:03 am
LONDON - British boxer Kid Galahad, also known as Abdul Barry Awad, dropped his appeal for a positive test for the steroid stanozolol, U.K. Anti-Doping said on Friday.
- Biletnikoff helps build fitting tribute to slain daughter Updated: Jul-24-15 2:38 am
LOOMIS, California - Fred Biletnikoff beamed as the girls from the substance abuse home named for his slain daughter spoke of how Tracey's Place of Hope has helped them.
- Electronic Sports League to begin random drug tests Updated: Jul-23-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drug testing is coming to e-sports.
- Feds end prosecution of Barry Bonds without conviction Updated: Jul-21-15 8:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After a nearly decade-long steroids prosecution, Barry Bonds emerged victorious Tuesday when federal prosecutors dropped what was left of their criminal case against the career home runs leader.
- Pan Am medical head says 8 positive tests so far Updated: Jul-21-15 7:24 pm
TORONTO - The head of the medical commission for the Pan Am Games says there have been eight positive doping tests so far, a figure he puts "in the average range" for what would be expected at the multi-sports event.
- A timeline in the career of Barry Bonds Updated: Jul-21-15 6:38 pm
June 3, 1985 - Barry Bonds, son of major league All-Star Bobby Bonds, is selected by Pittsburgh with the fifth pick in the first round of amateur draft.
- Column: Important not to let Armstrong ruin Tour again Updated: Jul-21-15 12:02 pm
LES BLAYES, France - In his biography, Chris Froome recounts how his two elder brothers used to amuse themselves by locking him in a dog kennel with an angry, scratching turkey. "Only when I was in absolute floods of tears would they open the cage up and let me out," the Tour de France race leader recounts.
- First week of Pan Am Games rousing success for Canada Updated: Jul-18-15 7:26 pm
TORONTO - The first week of the Pan Am Games has been a rousing success for host Canada.
- IOC president wants good competition from best golfers Updated: Jul-18-15 8:44 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The president of the IOC says golf doesn't have to put on a spectacular show in its return to the Olympics after a 112-year absence except to have good competition among a wide range of the best players in the world.
- Campaigning athletes cheer Russian coach's exit Updated: Jul-17-15 5:16 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian walk-racing coach announced his retirement while facing a series of doping allegations.
- Sharper sentencing in federal sexual assault case reset Updated: Jul-17-15 2:10 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The sentencing of former New Orleans Saints player Darren Sharper on federal charges that he drugged and assaulted women in four states has been rescheduled.
- 4 athletes pulled from Pan Am Games for failed drug tests Updated: Jul-17-15 12:44 pm
TORONTO - Four athletes have been pulled from the Pan Am Games after failing drug tests.