- Coach: High jump champ Chicherova notified of doping retest Updated: May-24-16 7:47 am
MOSCOW - The coach of 2012 Olympic high jump champion Anna Chicherova says the Russian athlete is suspected of doping at the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Isinbayeva vows lawsuit if Russia barred from Olympic track Updated: May-23-16 12:35 pm
MOSCOW - Two-time Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva plans to file suit if Russia's ban from global track and field competition remains in place and she is barred from competing at the games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Slovenian mountain biker Klemencic banned 2 years for doping Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Slovenian mountain biker Blaza Klemencic has been banned for two years for doping and had her results from the 2012 London Olympics wiped out.
- July 15 set as deadline for completion of Sochi doping probe Updated: May-23-16 6:18 am
MONTREAL - WADA's independent investigation into allegations of state-backed doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics will be completed by July 15.
- How it works: a look at the retests of Olympic drug samples Updated: May-22-16 10:11 pm
GENEVA - Inside a non-descript concrete building in a Swiss parking lot lies evidence that could take down dozens of Olympic athletes.
- Efimova's provisional doping ban lifted by FINA Updated: May-22-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Four-time world champion Yulia Efimova has had her provisional doping suspension lifted by swimming's governing body.
- West Virginia expects NCAA to clear Grier to start 2017 Updated: May-20-16 8:22 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen says he expects suspended former Florida quarterback Wil Grier to be eligible for the start of the 2017 season.
- USOC leader: Flawed anti-doping system needs attention Updated: May-20-16 7:11 pm
The leader of the U.S. Olympic Committee says the latest anti-doping headlines make it "increasingly difficult to defend the current system."
- 4 minor league players suspended for positive drug tests Updated: May-20-16 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - Four minor league players have been suspended after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.
- NZ footballer faces doping investigation Updated: May-20-16 4:35 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand footballer Clayton Lewis is being investigated for a possible doping violation and has been removed from the national team which will compete at the Oceania Nations Cup this month.
- Sullivan: Doping allegations undermine Olympic confidence Updated: May-20-16 1:54 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan says allegations of doping by Russian athletes undermine the confidence in the competitive process of the Olympics and a spirit of respect among nations.
- Lance Armstrong to lead Aspen Gran Fondo next month Updated: May-20-16 10:08 am
ASPEN, Colorado - For the second straight year, Lance Armstrong will lead a 50-mile bike ride through the Aspen area that kicks off the summer cycling season.
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- MLB chief: Science may be behind increased drug positives Updated: May-19-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Improved science could be a reason behind baseball's increase in positive drug tests.
- Russian tennis head backtracks on Sharapova retirement claim Updated: May-19-16 8:28 am
MOSCOW - The head of the Russian Tennis Federation backtracked on his comments Thursday, saying he didn't mean to suggest that Maria Sharapova's failed doping test could spell the end of her career.
- The Latest: Hoketsu misses chance to become oldest Olympian Updated: May-19-16 7:31 am
LONDON - The Latest on the developments in the Olympic world (all times local):
- Eintracht captain Marco Russ diagnosed with tumor Updated: May-19-16 5:51 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Eintracht Frankfurt captain Marco Russ has been diagnosed with tumor after a doping test showed abnormal levels of the human growth hormone.
- France players have anti-doping tests at training camp Updated: May-19-16 5:47 am
PARIS - Six players on France's national soccer team were given an early morning wake-up by anti-doping authorities at the team's training camp ahead of the European Championship.
- Thorpe: retesting of doping samples like solving old crimes Updated: May-18-16 7:15 pm
SYDNEY - Five-time Olympic swimming champion Ian Thorpe says retesting of doping samples from previous games is a "good thing" and compared it with the solving of cold-case crimes.
- Bolt: Positive Beijing retests 'bad news' for sport Updated: May-18-16 3:30 pm
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt called it "really bad news" for sport after the announcement that 31 athletes were caught doping in retests from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Russian club Rostov says doping tests clean after FIFA swoop Updated: May-18-16 11:54 am
MOSCOW - Russian club FC Rostov says all of its players were clean after a surprise doping swoop conducted last week by FIFA.
- Bach: Russia faces range of sanctions if state doping proven Updated: May-18-16 11:35 am
LONDON - The latest allegations of state-sponsored doping in Russia could lead to suspension of entire national federations, heavy fines and lifetime Olympic bans, IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday.
- Ex-NHL player Stevens pleads not guilty to drug charges Updated: May-18-16 11:07 am
BOSTON - A two-time Stanley Cup champion hockey player from Massachusetts has been freed without bail after pleading not guilty to federal drug charges.
- Australian Olympic chief says drug cheats can never rest Updated: May-18-16 5:17 am
SYDNEY - IOC vice president John Coates says the most recent positive doping results of backdated tests from athletes competing at the 2008 Beijing Olympics proves "if we don't get you at the Games, we will get you later."
- Report: US launches investigation into Russian doping claims Updated: May-17-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. prosecutors are investigating claims that dozens of top Russian athletes participated in a sophisticated state-sponsored doping program, The New York Times reported Tuesday.