- WADA promises re-testing samples handled by 3 suspended labs Updated: May-06-16 6:26 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency says samples handled by three laboratories that were recently suspended will be re-tested.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Clean methods only for Russia in Rio, top medic tells Putin Updated: May-05-16 10:35 am
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's state medical agency has told President Vladimir Putin that Russian athletes will use "clean technologies only" in preparing for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- No citations in crash that injured former pro bicyclist Updated: May-04-16 8:07 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Investigators have determined that a truck driver was not at fault when he crashed into and seriously injured former professional cyclist Phil Zajicek on a steep and curvy road in the foothills west of Boulder.
- NFL warns players about steroid in meat Updated: May-04-16 12:12 pm
NEW YORK - The NFL has warned players that some meat produced in China and Mexico may be contaminated with clenbuterol, a banned steroid.
- FIFA suspends Guam player in World Cup doping case Updated: May-04-16 10:12 am
ZURICH - FIFA says a Guam player tested positive for doping at a World Cup qualifying match in March.
- Ex-49er Stubblefield denies sexually assaulting woman Updated: May-03-16 5:14 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A former San Francisco 49er defensive lineman charged with raping a developmentally delayed woman denied the charges Tuesday, saying the episode was a consensual encounter with a mentally competent woman who asked for money and a job afterward.
- WADA suspends accreditation of Africa's only doping lab Updated: May-03-16 2:03 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency on Tuesday suspended the accreditation of the drug-testing laboratory in South Africa, the only accredited facility in Africa, until after the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- IBU lifts meldonium ban of junior world champion Latypov Updated: May-03-16 1:50 pm
SALZBURG, Austria - The International Biathlon Union has lifted the provisional suspension of Russian two-time junior world champion Eduard Latypov after WADA relaxed its guidelines for meldonium cases last month.
- UCI to test thousands of race bicycles for hidden motors Updated: May-03-16 1:35 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union plans to test thousands of bicycles for hidden motors, including at the Tour de France and Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Gordon's suspension defies PED stereotypes Updated: May-02-16 10:01 pm
Dee Gordon's suspension was another reminder of an issue that may never totally go away: performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.
- Dodgers' pitcher Ravin given 80-game drug suspension Updated: May-02-16 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Josh Ravin was suspended Monday for 80 games following a positive test under Major League Baseball's drug program.
- Chiefs gamble on trio of players with background questions Updated: May-01-16 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have put as much faith in their off-the-field detective work as their between-the-lines scouting the past few years, and the result has been draft gems such as Marcus Peters.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.
- Marlins' no-hit bid broken up with 1 out in 9th vs Brewers Updated: Apr-29-16 11:02 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jonathan Lucroy blooped a single with one out in the ninth inning to break up the combo no-hit bid by the Miami Marlins at Milwaukee.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.
- Cyclist Yates can keep racing despite positive doping test Updated: Apr-29-16 1:17 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - British cyclist Simon Yates can continue to race despite a positive doping test during the Paris-Nice race, the International Cycling Union said Friday.
- Belarus tennis player escapes punishment over meldonium Updated: Apr-29-16 12:15 pm
LONDON - A player from Belarus has escaped punishment after testing positive for meldonium, the same substance found in Maria Sharapova's sample at the Australian Open, the International Tennis Federation says.
- Marlins' sweep overshadowed by Gordon's PED suspension Updated: Apr-29-16 2:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Dee Gordon celebrated with the Miami Marlins following a huge four-game sweep.
- British Cycling confirm unnamed rider tests positive Updated: Apr-28-16 6:42 pm
LONDON - British Cycling says an unnamed rider has tested positive in a race.
- Twins minor leaguer suspended 80 games for positive test Updated: Apr-28-16 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Minnesota Twins outfielder Reynaldo Rodriguez, an All-Star at Triple-A last year, has been suspended 80 games following a positive test under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Russian boxing champ Gradovich banned for doping Updated: Apr-28-16 12:24 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian anti-doping agency says former world boxing champion Evgeny Gradovich has been banned for two years for breaking anti-doping rules.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Mexico watches out for banned steroid clenbuterol in food Updated: Apr-27-16 8:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico is watching out for the banned steroid clenbuterol - on the dinner plates of its athletes.