- Coe faces difficult questions at IAAF meeting Updated: Nov-25-15 9:18 am
MONACO - An anti-doping roadmap that Russia will have to follow to be allowed back into international competition will be discussed Thursday by track and field's governing body.
- Summer Olympic federations set up anti-doping task force Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Summer sports federations have set up a task force to study their anti-doping programs as Olympic officials consider turning over all drug-testing to an independent body.
- Former coach sentenced for meth-in-tennis-balls conspiracy Updated: Nov-25-15 6:12 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has sentenced a 36-year-old man to serve more than 23 years in prison for his involvement in large-scale drug conspiracy.
- CAS to judge bans for 6 Russian athletes caught doping Updated: Nov-24-15 9:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Russian anti-doping system will go on trial at the Court of Arbitration for Sport next week with two Olympic medals at stake.
- UCI cuts ties with head of Russian anti-doping agency Updated: Nov-24-15 9:14 am
MOSCOW - Cycling's world governing body, the UCI, has cut ties with Russian anti-doping agency managing director Nikita Kamaev amid Russia's doping scandal.
- Winston-led Buccaneers gaining confidence by the victory Updated: Nov-23-15 9:02 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A rare winning streak, a .500 record this deep into a season for the first time since 2012, and legitimate aspirations of creeping back into the NFC playoff race.
- NY Gaming Commission proposes new race horse drug rules Updated: Nov-23-15 8:02 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York regulators have fined one of horse racing's winningest trainers and say they're pursuing new equine drug regulations after a probe into abuse allegations by an animal-rights group.
- Protesters occupy headquarters of Kenya athletics federation Updated: Nov-23-15 12:54 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A group of Kenyan athletes occupied the headquarters of the national track and field federation on Monday, demanding the removal of its top officials in a protest against doping and corruption.
- UEFA bans Dinamo Zagreb's Ademi for 4 years for doping Updated: Nov-21-15 8:25 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it banned Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi for four years after he tested positive for doping at a Champions League match.
- NCAA denies appeal of 1-year suspension for Florida's Grier Updated: Nov-20-15 11:22 pm
No. 8 Florida says the NCAA has denied quarterback Will Grier's appeal of a one-year suspension for failing a drug test.
- IOC president proposes overhaul of WADA doping operations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:27 pm
PRAGUE - IOC President Thomas Bach proposed an overhaul of the World Anti-Doping Agency's operations Friday, including the creation of independent testing and professional intelligence-gathering units to avoid the kind of scandals that have embroiled Russia and track and field.
- Sports scramble for new drug testing in Russia Updated: Nov-20-15 1:04 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's doping scandal has forced international sports leaders to find new drug-testing facilities for winter events being held in the country.
- 2019 Euro Games host decision delayed due to Russian doping Updated: Nov-20-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - The European Olympic Committees say a decision about the host of the 2019 European Games will be delayed due to the Russian doping scandal.
- Bulgaria barred from 2016 Olympic weightlifting for doping Updated: Nov-19-15 3:24 pm
HOUSTON - Bulgaria cannot send a weightlifting team to the 2016 Olympics because of its steroids doping record.
- Spanish runner Marta Dominguez banned 3 years by CAS Updated: Nov-19-15 1:11 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Spanish runner Marta Dominguez was banned for three years Thursday and stripped of her 2009 world steeplechase title for blood doping.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- Russia set to miss world indoors as IAAF sets report date Updated: Nov-19-15 11:30 am
The IAAF inspection team monitoring Russia's anti-doping reforms will report back in late March, meaning the national track team is set to miss the world indoor championships in the United States.
- Austrian cross-country skier suspended in doping probe Updated: Nov-19-15 10:15 am
VIENNA - Austrian cross-country skier Harald Wurm was provisionally suspended amid a doping investigation on Thursday, a week before the World Cup season starts.
- Armstrong's former physician indicted in biathlon case Updated: Nov-19-15 8:10 am
BOLZANO, Italy - Lance Armstrong's former physician, Michele Ferrari, has been ordered to stand trial for allegedly providing doping assistance to a biathlete.
- Athletes want probe to go beyond Russian track team Updated: Nov-19-15 7:59 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Cleaning up the corrupt anti-doping system in Russia matters because of these stories:
- Edwin Moses: Russian track team should be banned from Rio Updated: Nov-18-15 12:33 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic champion Edwin Moses argued that the only fair penalty for the Russian track team is to ban it from next year's Olympics.
- Russia sets up taskforce to wipe out doping 'infection' Updated: Nov-18-15 10:16 am
MOSCOW - Russia has set up a taskforce to wipe out the "infection" of doping in track and field as the country faces being banned from next year's Olympic competition.
- Putin spokesman says Russia doping charges appear unfounded Updated: Nov-10-15 6:05 am
MOSCOW - The accusations of state-sponsored doping in Russian track and field appear to be unfounded, President Vladimir Putin's spokesman said Tuesday.
- Top Cardinals pitching prospect Reyes suspended 50 games Updated: Nov-09-15 9:24 pm
NEW YORK - St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Alex Reyes, one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, was suspended for 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a drug of abuse on Monday.
- Radcliffe: Inquiry shows Olympic cheats they'll be caught Updated: Nov-09-15 8:38 pm
LONDON - Marathon record-holder Paula Radcliffe believes the devastating exposure of state-sponsored doping by Russia send a timely warning to athletes thinking of cheating at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics that they will be caught.