- Cedar Rapids to improve access under ADA settlement with US Updated: Sep-01-15 12:27 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's second largest city will be required to install thousands of new curb ramps and make changes to parks, buildings and parking lots under an Americans with Disabilities Act settlement announced Tuesday.
- Former USOC leader takes job with wheelchair basketball Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Jim Scherr, the former CEO of the U.S. Olympic Committee, has been hired as interim executive director of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
- Caregiver arrested for leaving 2 disabled men in hot van Updated: Aug-23-15 10:35 am
MARATHON, Florida - A Florida Keys woman has been arrested for leaving two disabled men she was caring for in a hot van while she shopped.
- Nebraska adding high school sports for disabled students Updated: Aug-15-15 4:09 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will begin offering high school sports championships for disabled students competing with partners.
- Ohio Special Olympics equestrian competition this weekend Updated: Aug-15-15 3:01 pm
CINCINNATI - Athletes and coaches from nine Ohio counties will take part in state equestrian competition this weekend in suburban Cincinnati.
- Man starts fundraiser to buy special racing chair for teen Updated: Aug-15-15 10:32 am
OSAGE, Iowa - Brad Gentz of Osage loves to run, and he wants to help a local teen in a wheelchair run with him.
- 2nd Ivory Coast Special Olympics athlete goes missing Updated: Aug-05-15 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - A search is underway for a second Ivory Coast Special Olympics athlete who vanished near Los Angeles on Monday night, just hours after his teammate was found safe.