- Special Olympics gets largest single private donation, $25M Updated: Jul-27-15 9:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The Special Olympics has received a $25 million donation, the largest single private gift in the organization's 47-year history.
- $1M being raised for special baseball field in Davenport Updated: Jul-27-15 7:08 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Around $1 million is being raised to build a special baseball field in Davenport for children with physical and mental disabilities.
- Southwest Ohio gets rowing specific Paralympic Sport Club Updated: Jul-26-15 1:31 pm
HAMILTON, Ohio - A southwestern Ohio rowing center is now one of only 28 venues in the country that has a rowing-specific Paralympic Sport Club.
- Kids with disabilities get a chance to play sports at camp Updated: Jul-26-15 10:34 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Kids in wheelchairs from different states will get a chance to try 16 different sports at a special camp this week.
- Michelle Obama opens Special Olympics in Los Angeles Updated: Jul-26-15 1:23 am
LOS ANGELES - Michelle Obama welcomed thousands of athletes with intellectual disabilities to the Special Olympic World Games on Saturday during a festive opening ceremony filled with cheers, songs and praise for their courage and determination.
- Hyundai, Kia Motors sign deal for 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics Updated: Jul-23-15 9:48 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean automakers Hyundai Motor Co. and its affiliate Kia Motors have signed on as a domestic sponsor of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
- Some Special Olympics athletes forced to sleep on gym floor Updated: Jul-22-15 7:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Special Olympics competitors arriving in Southern California were greeted by a logistics mess that forced many to sleep on a gymnasium floor before they were finally shuttled to their host cities on Wednesday.
- Powerlifting drives Special Olympics athlete Updated: Jul-22-15 5:04 am
OXFORD, Indiana - Amanda Cayton shoulders the barbell off the rack, shuffles back a couple of steps and eases back into her squat.
- Everything you need to know about Special Olympics Updated: Jul-20-15 4:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Special Olympics World Games will bring thousands of athletes with intellectual disabilities to Los Angeles this week to compete in more than a dozen sports. Here are some details about the event:
- Kentucky bowler headed to Special Olympics in Los Angeles Updated: Jul-20-15 5:05 am
TAYLORSVILLE, Kentucky - A bowler from Taylorsville, Kentucky, is traveling to Los Angeles to compete in the Special Olympics World Summer Games.
- NFL Players Association, Wounded Warrior Project partner Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The NFL Players Association has partnered with the Wounded Warrior Project to provide sports business opportunities for injured service members.
- Annual 'Hit a Home Run for Special Olympics' game scheduled Updated: Jul-15-15 9:32 am
PEARL, Mississippi - NFL legend Brett Favre's Hometown Heroes will battle Gov. Phil Bryant's Braves at Trustmark Park in Pearl on Aug. 21 with proceeds benefiting Special Olympics Mississippi.
- Sun Valley approved for 4 more Olympic training sites Updated: Jul-13-15 1:21 pm
SUN VALLEY, Idaho - The U.S. Olympic Committee has approved four new training sites in central Idaho.
- The Latest: F1 champion Hamilton misses Wimbledon final Updated: Jul-12-15 4:01 pm
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Quadriplegic fighters will face off to raise money for climb Updated: Jul-08-15 6:40 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - In a garage on Olympia's west side, two fighters sit side by side in powered wheelchairs, then let the punches fly.
- Years after losing her leg, woman still playing volleyball Updated: Jul-05-15 11:01 am
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - It's been two years, sixth months and 19 days since a life-altering car accident had Christian County High School graduate and Crofton native Courtney Baker asking if she'd ever play volleyball again.
- Mother accused of striking developmentally disabled son Updated: Jul-02-15 7:23 pm
BISBEE, Arizona - A Cochise County woman is accused of hitting her developmentally disabled 9-year-old son with a baseball bat.