- Column: Coe passes leadership test, on second time of asking Updated: Nov-27-15 1:33 pm
MONACO - Sebastian Coe won Olympic golds and silvers for running very fast in circles. Now, as chief administrator of his sport, he's proving to be skilled in the art of U-turns, too.
- Cairns in limbo as perjury trial heads into 9th week Updated: Nov-27-15 12:42 pm
LONDON - Former New Zealand cricket captain Chris Cairns must wait until Monday at the earliest to learn the result of his perjury trial after jurors failed to reach a verdict following a second day of deliberations.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny Updated: Nov-26-15 3:51 pm
MONACO - Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- Former coach sentenced for meth-in-tennis-balls conspiracy Updated: Nov-25-15 9:51 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has sentenced a 36-year-old man to serve more than 23 years in prison for his involvement in large-scale drug conspiracy.
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail Updated: Nov-25-15 8:39 am
SINGAPORE - A Singaporean man detained for more than two years under suspicion of being the mastermind behind a global soccer match-fixing syndicate was ordered to be released Wednesday by the country's highest court, which ruled he was being held unlawfully.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- Utah searching for offense without Booker, Covey Updated: Nov-23-15 6:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Things keep getting worse for the Utah football program.
- IOC president proposes overhaul of WADA doping operations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:27 pm
PRAGUE - IOC President Thomas Bach proposed an overhaul of the World Anti-Doping Agency's operations Friday, including the creation of independent testing and professional intelligence-gathering units to avoid the kind of scandals that have embroiled Russia and track and field.
- Prosecutor: Former lottery official fixed 2011 Oklahoma game Updated: Nov-19-15 7:44 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former lottery security officer who was convicted of rigging an Iowa Hot Lotto game an attempt to win a $14 million jackpot also fixed a game in Oklahoma, an Iowa prosecutor said Thursday.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- Anti-corruption group study says FIFA members too secretive Updated: Nov-19-15 10:13 am
ZURICH - Too many FIFA member federations are secretive about what they do and how they spend money, according to an anti-corruption monitor's study.
- Arrested Nepal football players released on bail Updated: Nov-10-15 10:04 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal captain Sagar Thapa and four other players were released on bail on Tuesday after they were charged with treason following a match-fixing probe which could see them jailed for life.
- IOC ethics body proposes suspension of honorary member Diack Updated: Nov-09-15 8:33 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC ethics commission has recommended the provisional suspension of Lamine Diack as an honorary member after he was placed under investigation for corruption.
- Russia, track & field to be targeted in Pound's WADA report Updated: Nov-08-15 11:42 am
GENEVA - A World Anti-Doping Agency panel will deliver its findings Monday into allegations of extortion and cover-ups involving Russian doping - a report that one of the investigators said exposes "a whole different scale of corruption" from the FIFA scandal.
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- IAAF cancels Monaco gala amid corruption case Updated: Nov-06-15 2:28 pm
MONACO - The IAAF canceled its annual awards gala Friday amid the corruption allegations rocking track and field's governing body.
- Things to know about doping in Russia Updated: Nov-06-15 4:27 am
MOSCOW - Allegations that Russian athletes have routinely doped their way to success in major competitions and tried to cover up positive drug tests have shaken the world of track and field.
- Former IAAF head investigated in Russia doping probe Updated: Nov-04-15 12:54 pm
PARIS - In another blow to the credibility of a major sports federation, former IAAF President Lamine Diack has been placed under criminal investigation on suspicion of taking more than $1 million in bribes from Russia to cover up positive doping tests.
- FIFA reform commission chair: Change more likely this time Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - The chairman of the FIFA reform commission says he believes soccer's leaders are more likely to make real changes this time because of pressure caused by the governing body's legal troubles.
- Swiss bank UBS cooperating with FIFA investigation Updated: Nov-03-15 8:40 am
ZURICH - Swiss bank UBS says it is "cooperating with authorities" who are investigating financial corruption linked to FIFA.
- Marketing firm implicated in FIFA scandal sells soccer team Updated: Oct-30-15 7:56 pm
CARY, North Carolina - A sports marketing firm implicated in an investigation into corruption in world soccer has sold its North American Soccer League team.
- Swiss bank cooperating with US, Swiss probes of FIFA Updated: Oct-30-15 8:48 am
ZURICH - Credit Suisse says it is helping American and Swiss federal investigations into alleged financial corruption linked to FIFA.