- Kenya track federation HQ under police protection Updated: May-25-16 3:42 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Already mired in doping and corruption scandals, Kenya's track and field federation has called in police to help guard its headquarters, fearing disgruntled athletes might try to take over the premises in protest for a second time.
- Albania's Skenderbeu says UEFA probing alleged match-fixing Updated: May-25-16 9:47 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian league champion KF Skenderbeu says it is being investigated by UEFA for match-fixing.
- JOC sets up 3-man team to investigate Tokyo 2020 payments Updated: May-25-16 2:51 am
TOKYO - The Japanese Olympic Committee has set up an investigative team to see if there were any illegal payments made to a Singapore firm which have entangled Tokyo's winning 2020 Olympic bid in a bribery investigation.
- Ex-South Korean soccer referees indicted over payments Updated: May-25-16 2:36 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean prosecutors have indicted two former soccer referees over allegations that they received money from a club official - also formally charged - in return for favorable decisions in five K-League matches in 2013.
- FIFA fires finance director Kattner over bonus payments Updated: May-23-16 5:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has fired its finance director of the past 13 years, removing another fixture of the Sepp Blatter presidential era in another round of revelations about irregular million-dollar payments.
- 10 arrests made in Italian match-fixing inquiry on Serie B Updated: May-23-16 11:43 am
NAPLES, Italy - Ten members of the Camorra crime syndicate have been arrested and three soccer players have been placed under investigation by Italian authorities probing an alleged Serie B match-fixing ring.
- FIFA judges want 2-year ban for Niersbach in 2006 bid case Updated: May-20-16 10:02 am
GENEVA - Just 10 days after the rebranded FIFA Council met for the first time, one of its members faces being banned from soccer in fallout from World Cup corruption allegations.
- Swiss send last of FIFA suspects to US in bribery case Updated: May-18-16 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - The longtime former head of the Nicaraguan soccer federation who most recently was employed by FIFA pleaded not guilty to racketeering charges Wednesday after he became the last of seven men extradited after their arrests in Zurich last year.
- The Latest: FIFA suspect extradited to US pleads not guilty Updated: May-18-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on former FIFA staffer Julio Rocha, who was extradited to the United States to face racketeering charges in a sprawling bribery case (all times local):
- Conte: Match-fixing case leaves 'lasting scar on my life' Updated: May-18-16 9:45 am
FLORENCE, Italy - Two days after being cleared of match-fixing, Italy coach Antonio Conte said the case has left "a lasting scar" on his life.
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake Updated: May-17-16 9:55 pm
NEW YORK - Dikembe Mutombo is rejecting the idea of another NBA draft lottery conspiracy.
- FIFA audit chairman Scala resigns in protest at Infantino Updated: May-14-16 10:34 am
GENEVA - In a challenge to the integrity of Gianni Infantino, FIFA's compliance chairman resigned in protest on Saturday over what he sees as a power grab by the new president.
- Infantino says 'crisis is over' as FIFA gets 1st female No 2 Updated: May-13-16 9:03 pm
MEXICO CITY - FIFA's corruption crisis was declared to be over by President Gianni Infantino on Friday as the scandal-battered governing body broke new ground by appointing its first female and first non-European secretary general.
- A wave of bad news batters Olympics past, present and future Updated: May-13-16 2:35 pm
LONDON - Doping scandals. Bribery allegations. Fears about Zika. Political, economic and corruption crises.
- IAAF won't ban Kenya from Rio Olympics, IOC unlikely to Updated: May-13-16 12:04 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Despite a surge of doping cases over the last four years, and an increasingly dysfunctional and now suspended drug-testing agency, Kenya's athletes were cleared to compete at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics by the IAAF on Friday.
- Tokyo 2020 bid: Payments were 'legitimate' consulting fees Updated: May-13-16 8:23 am
TOKYO - Leaders of Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics acknowledged Friday making payments to a firm in Singapore, but said the funds were for legitimate consulting fees and maintained that all bid activities were "fair and correct."
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case Updated: May-13-16 8:20 am
MOSCOW - The Russian Basketball Federation says it has banned 24 players from 11 clubs as part of an investigation into gambling.
- Spanish league says it is investigating match-fixing Updated: May-13-16 6:44 am
- Montagliani becomes CONCACAF's 3rd president in a year Updated: May-12-16 4:12 pm
MEXICO CITY - Victor Montagliani was elected as CONCACAF's third president in a year on Thursday, tasked with leading the recovery of the confederation following years of corruption scandals.
- Friend of man in lottery scandal says she cashed $15K ticket Updated: May-11-16 4:36 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A friend of the former security director of the Multi-State Lottery Association who is implicated in a jackpot-fixing scandal was given a winning Kansas Lottery ticket worth $15,000 in 2011 as an engagement gift, she said Wednesday.
- IOC in contact with prosecutors amid Tokyo payment report Updated: May-11-16 1:52 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC said Wednesday it remains in contact with French prosecutors following allegations of a secret $1.5 million payment made during Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics.
- Third party tries to intervene in Brady "Deflategate" case Updated: May-11-16 1:09 pm
NEW YORK - A woman who unsuccessfully tried to intervene in Tom Brady's legal case against the NFL over the "Deflategate" scandal is asking the court to reconsider his four-game suspension.
- Austrian court confirms prison terms in match-fixing case Updated: May-11-16 10:55 am
GRAZ, Austria - A regional court has dismissed appeals by former Austria international Sanel Kuljic and seven others against their convictions in the country's biggest match-fixing scandal.
- FIFA unfreezes CONCACAF's funding but $10M not released yet Updated: May-10-16 6:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - FIFA's funding to the scandal-hit North American soccer confederation will be unfrozen, but the $10 million will only be released to CONCACAF when further conditions are met.
- FIFA life bans for 2 South American officials for bribery Updated: May-06-16 7:28 am
ZURICH - FIFA ethics judges have imposed life bans on two South American football officials who have pleaded guilty in the United States to corruption charges.