- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 1:11 pm
GENEVA - Plunged into crisis by a second FIFA bribery scandal in four years, the CONCACAF soccer body wants to pass sweeping new leadership rules to help rebuild.
- FIFA executive Issa Hayatou to present World Cup trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 5:42 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - FIFA confirms that Senior Vice President Issa Hayatou will present the championship trophy at the Women's World Cup.
- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote Updated: Jul-04-15 10:02 pm
BERLIN - FIFA president Sepp Blatter said in a Sunday newspaper interview that French and German presidents applied political pressure before the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively.
- AP Exclusive: CONMEBOL head says 'we need total change' Updated: Jul-04-15 4:59 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - CONMEBOL needs "total and absolute change," president Juan Angel Napout said on Saturday after it became engulfed in the FIFA corruption scandal.
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president? Updated: Jul-04-15 4:57 am
DOUALA, Cameroon - The son of a sultan from northern Cameroon, Issa Hayatou has ruled African soccer for 27 years and counting, a decade longer than Sepp Blatter has been in charge of FIFA.
- FIFA deflects criticism about absence of Blatter from final Updated: Jul-03-15 9:03 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association deflected criticism on Friday about FIFA President Sepp Blatter and secretary general Jerome Valcke not attending the Women's World Cup final, saying the winning captain won't care who hands over the championship trophy.
- Cardinals fire scouting director Correa amid hacking scandal Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials Updated: Jul-02-15 7:22 am
GENEVA - The United States has submitted a formal request for Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials arrested in Zurich as part of a corruption probe that has rocked soccer's world governing body.
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.
- China says probe of FIBA official won't affect Olympic bid Updated: Jun-30-15 11:52 am
BEIJING - An official says Beijing's 2022 Winter Olympic bid won't be affected by the investigation of a Chinese member of basketball's international governing body for possible corruption.
- Catania's owner admits fixing 5 Serie B matches Updated: Jun-30-15 9:23 am
CATANIA, Sicily - Catania's owner admitted to fixing five Serie B matches aimed at preventing the Sicilian club from relegation to the third division.
- Romanian soccer official charged with corruption, forgery Updated: Jun-27-15 12:45 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Anti-corruption prosecutors have charged Romania's top football official with abusing his position and forging documents seven years ago when he was chairman of a local club.
- Blatter: 'Liberating' to leave FIFA, expects 2016 election Updated: Jun-27-15 9:18 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter says his decision to leave FIFA was "liberating" and he expects the election to replace him will be in early 2016.
- Swiss court denies bail release for detainee in FIFA case Updated: Jun-26-15 7:45 am
BELLINZONA, Switzerland - Switzerland's Federal Criminal Court has rejected a request for release on bail by one of the seven men arrested on corruption charges last month in a raid on FIFA's luxury hotel in Zurich.
- Brazilian confederation wants probe into 2013 match-fixing Updated: Jun-25-15 7:02 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian football officials have asked CONMEBOL to probe match-fixing allegations in a 2013 Copa Libertadores game between Brazil's Corinthians and Argentina's Boca Juniors.
- Opposition: SAfrican soccer officials shielded from scrutiny Updated: Jun-25-15 2:14 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - South African soccer officials are being deliberately shielded from scrutiny over FIFA-related bribery allegations surrounding the country's successful 2010 World Cup bid, an opposition politician said Wednesday.
- Match fixer's accomplice sentenced to 34 months in jail Updated: Jun-23-15 10:12 pm
SINGAPORE - Singapore media is reporting an accomplice of football match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal has been sentenced to almost three years in jail for passport fraud.
- South American soccer body may use $10 million reserve fund Updated: Jun-23-15 9:04 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - South American football's governing body may be forced to use a $10 million reserve fund to pay expenses due to a cash-flow problem created by the FIFA bribery scandal.
- Maradona's road to FIFA presidency filled with obstacles Updated: Jun-22-15 3:05 pm
If Diego Maradona is serious about running for the FIFA presidency, he still has a lot of work to do just to get on the ballot.
- Former UNC-Chapel Hill head William B. Aycock dies at 99 Updated: Jun-21-15 7:08 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - William Brantley Aycock, who headed North Carolina's flagship university through a basketball scandal and a law banning Communists from speaking on campus, died at age 99, his daughter said Sunday.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Former Seattle US attorney now represents FIFA amid scandal Updated: Jun-18-15 7:52 pm
SEATTLE - Former Seattle U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan is on the legal team representing FIFA amid its corruption scandal.
- Liberia soccer chief announces run for FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-18-15 4:18 pm
LONDON - Liberia's soccer chief launched a bid on Thursday to succeed Sepp Blatter, pledging to eradicate corruption and ensure fans trust FIFA again by being a unifying leader who stops power being concentrated at the top.
- Greece: Olympiakos chairman released on bail Updated: Jun-18-15 1:24 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The chairman of Greek champion Olympiakos has been suspended from sporting activities and released on bail after testifying on Thursday in a major investigation into alleged corruption in Greek football, jeopardizing his side's Champions League spot.